NewEgg Customer Service

I just got a microSDHC card (w/ SD adapter) from Newegg via the USPS. It came in a bubble wrapped mailer. The package was in perfect condition. :) In fact, I'm transferring files to my new card as I type this. :cool:

People bitch way too much about neweggs shipping/packaging... if you don't wanna save money then don't order from newegg... they have to cut corners somewhere.

I had similar packing from Tiger Direct but all the boxes were perfect and everything worked... as everything else I've ever ordered from newegg.

The only time I was pissed at newegg packaging was when they shipped a mobile CPU I 2-day airred in a bubble mailer, not even that it was just one of those UPS plastic mailers for clothing, box was pretty crushed. CPU worked fine but some people like to keep their boxes... -_-

I've had 1 DOA HDD from them in 5 + years of ordering builds and parts.

Been ordering from newegg since like 2000 or so and I learned very quickly you do not buy HDD's from them. Everything else over the years has been top notch, Still swing by my local MC from time to time to buy HDD's or pick upa CPU or something, but most things I still get from Newegg just due to the way they've always treated me.

People bitch way too much about neweggs shipping/packaging... if you don't wanna save money then don't order from newegg... they have to cut corners somewhere.

I had similar packing from Tiger Direct but all the boxes were perfect and everything worked... as everything else I've ever ordered from newegg.

The only time I was pissed at newegg packaging was when they shipped a mobile CPU I 2-day airred in a bubble mailer, not even that it was just one of those UPS plastic mailers for clothing, box was pretty crushed. CPU worked fine but some people like to keep their boxes... -_-

I've had 1 DOA HDD from them in 5 + years of ordering builds and parts.

I think that I can vouch for most people when I say that I would gladly pay a little extra for good packageing if that were the case but go and order something from Sidewinder Computers or Jab-Tech and see how good of a job that they do with packing and their shipping prices are much cheaper than Newegg unless the Egg has a deal for free shipping and they are much smaller companies so that kind of blows your theory out of the water.

Been ordering from newegg since like 2000 or so and I learned very quickly you do not buy HDD's from them. Everything else over the years has been top notch, Still swing by my local MC from time to time to buy HDD's or pick upa CPU or something, but most things I still get from Newegg just due to the way they've always treated me.

Thats why I like to buy from the Egg. Their customer service is second to none. Their only downfall is shipping mostly since I have had a lot of problems with UPS and in some cases their packageing could use some improvement.

Did anyone get this e-mail from Newegg today?

Newegg said:
Dear Valued Newegg Customer,

We have started testing an environmentally responsible, renewable, reusable and recyclable paper packaging material from Ranpak Corp. called FILLPAK TT®.

As part of our commitment to our customers, we would like to offer you the opportunity to help us evaluate this new material by completing the questions and comments below.

Please click or copy and past the link below to your web brower:

<Link>

Thank you for your continued support of our products.

I got that email a couple of days ago. They had just shipped a drive to me a week ago for my RMA, The drive was wrapped in a couple of layers of bubble wrap, then stuck in between some of that paper stuff. I'm assuming they were talking about that paper packaging. That paper stuff still sucks for HDD shipping because the corner of the drive they sent me settled to the bottom of the box between the folds of the paper and the bubble wrap pretty much popped at the corner.

I've only had a 2 issues with newegg and I've purchased a couple thousand dollars worth of stuff from them. One time the case that I ordered was lost in shipment or something so the promptly sent me a new one. The other time was a DOA drive a month ago. They gave me a prepaid label to ship it back to them even though it had been a few weeks already so that was cool.

I think that I can vouch for most people when I say that I would gladly pay a little extra for good packageing if that were the case but go and order something from Sidewinder Computers or Jab-Tech and see how good of a job that they do with packing and their shipping prices are much cheaper than Newegg unless the Egg has a deal for free shipping and they are much smaller companies so that kind of blows your theory out of the water.

Cheaper for the product, not the shipping necessarily... and newegg has free shipping on most of their stuff.. The only advantage to Sidewinder and Jabtech is they'll do First Class USPS for small/light stuff which in turn is only a few bucks. But if you do a big order with large stuff it'll be the same price as from newegg.. Those sites almost NEVER offer free shipping...

For large pieces people will try to save every penny, they'll go with newegg for $150 and free shipping vs. another site at $145 with $10 shipping even if that other site will pack it better. But they don't care, Newegg is cheaper...

And stuff I got from sidewinder has been in bubble mailers, same shit people bitch at newegg about. And no I wouldn't pay more for better packing, it doesn't make a difference. I've had 1 product box that was damaged and 1 DOA HDD in probably $20,000 worth of orders over 5+ years. I've never had a wrong item or a missing item either.

Maby a repost but I'll do an update.

NewEgg service is eggxelent.

Considering how newegg does not give free shipping on most items like amazon.com, I expect their packaging to be much better. Amazon.com packages are excellent and I never had any problems. Newegg shipping seems expensive, and any price advantages are nullified. For example I recently ordered a motherboard from newegg instead of amazon because there was a $20 MIR that worked only for Newegg orders. However I paid ~$23 in shipping when I ordered the board along with some other components. All the parts are for a M-ITX PC too, so I thought the shipping was expensive for small and light components. After calling newegg, they said I they would credit me $5 for shipping after I told them about amazon's competitive prices and usually free shipping. However Newegg's CS has been great for me in the past and I have paid a slight premium for newegg orders.

Amazon's CS is excellent also. Winter 2007 I ordered a new HD camcorder for about $1000. The camcorder included a DVD burner to connect to the camcorder. However prior to my order they were giving a portable HDD instead of the DVD burner. I told amazon that I wanted the portable HDD, and they gave me both!

The high shipping costs and no assurance of price matching has turned me away from newegg. I understand how low margin and competitive the e retailer industry is, but newegg is not a small company, and they know they compete directly against amazon.

amazon is only so so for me..their slow processing/shipping (without going 2nd day air or the sort) put me off unless I now I can wait about a week for something (that's the quickest usually). Newegg at the worst is 2-3days and thats with the free or cheapest shipping.

I think the best customer service is the one you dont have to use.

Ive used amazons CS a couple of times everything always came out awesome dont get me wrong, BUT

I have never... EVER had to use newegg CS

Orders are fast, Emails are intresting, Packaging is fantastic

Newegg FTW

Dear all,

First and foremost, we would like to start off by saying that we apologize to all of you who have had issues with Newegg.com. I, myself, would feel very irritated and a bit cheated if I went through some of the gruesome experiences that you all have gone through. After reading all of these posts, I have made a list to help rectify these types of situations with our company. We LOVE any type of feedback, whether it&#8217;s good or not. In no way, would Newegg ever intentionally cheat and or rip-off customers on purpose. I am here to assist anyone in any way possible. If any of you have any issues, whether it&#8217;s now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at [email protected].

Sincerely,
Your friend - Jose.

Dear all,

First and foremost, we would like to start off by saying that we apologize to all of you who have had issues with Newegg.com. I, myself, would feel very irritated and a bit cheated if I went through some of the gruesome experiences that you all have gone through. After reading all of these posts, I have made a list to help rectify these types of situations with our company. We LOVE any type of feedback, whether it’s good or not. In no way, would Newegg ever intentionally cheat and or rip-off customers on purpose. I am here to assist anyone in any way possible. If any of you have any issues, whether it’s now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at [email protected].

Sincerely,
Your friend - Jose.

Hey Jose,

I have only ever had 1 bad experience with Newegg, it was last week when I tried to buy an A/C off the site. I waited the usual 48 hours and it hadn't shipped yet. I called up customer support and the guy told me it was on the dock and would go out tomorrow and that he would call me with a tracking number.

The next day I received a back-ordered cancellation notice... I don't know how my item went from being on the dock to being back-order but it really threw me off. I have since been refunded and was given a $25 gift credit but I have lost trust in Newegg when it comes to ordering an item outside the realm of computer components.

[email protected],,,thanks for the information Joe...

I've bought thousands of dollars of stuff,camera's,phones,hard drives,cpu's,motherboards,cases,video cards...just bought a couple of weeks back an EVGA 295 red edtion!!..over the years and never had a problems..
I love the EGG :D:D;)

Time after time, I've been impressed by the egg. If something goes bad, their support folks go above and beyond to get things sorted.

Hey Jose,

I have only ever had 1 bad experience with Newegg, it was last week when I tried to buy an A/C off the site. I waited the usual 48 hours and it hadn't shipped yet. I called up customer support and the guy told me it was on the dock and would go out tomorrow and that he would call me with a tracking number.

The next day I received a back-ordered cancellation notice... I don't know how my item went from being on the dock to being back-order but it really threw me off. I have since been refunded and was given a $25 gift credit but I have lost trust in Newegg when it comes to ordering an item outside the realm of computer components.

I hope all of you are enjoying this fine day. It's Thursday, tomorrow is Friday, I'm happy :).

Dear Jutsu,

Jutsu, I can only bear to understand how cheated you might feel about this specific situation. You placed the order, waited the full 24 to 48 hours just to hear that your AC was put on back order. That is very disheartening to hear, let alone after two days. It sounds like this item came out from one of our outside vendors. There has been maybe one or two times that I've seen this happen, I've been working here for quite awhile so I must say that that's a good track record; however, this should not justify your situation. Furthermore, if you are still interested in purchasing an AC from us, please let me know at your earliest convenience so that I can help you out. Again, please feel free to utilize my e-mail address at any time. [email protected]. I hope all of you enjoy the rest of the day.

Hello Jose (Newegg Support), many of us are disappointed with the 15% off sale that Newegg ran this weekend, which was pulled well before the promised 72-hr. sale, since apparently, the funds for this promotion has vanished. I'd like to refer you to this post for more details. Thanks for your time.

Signed... another loyal customer

I'll say, I ordered software that had some weird bad sector on the DVD, and it would freeze my system until the DVD drive timed out; I already registered the CD key, and told LiveChat about it; and they're still sending me a replacement.

Bump to say I was a bit worried after reading the horror stories lately, but I needed a laptop for back to school. I didn't wanna buy someone elses junk on ebay again, and of course - newegg had the best prices and 99 times out of 100 quickest shipping to my location compared to any other retailer.

I decided to stay faithful and buy on with the egg as usual. Of course, I got the laptop with no problems...its been running great for almost a week now, and I couldn't be happier with my purchasing decision.

I got it as soon as I expected, and while the packaging seems like it shouldnt have protected the laptop, it did just fine. I concede the my local UPS carriers must be better than average - I've never had a package come mutilated in general (newegg, evilbay, whoever else). In fact, Ive had better luck with UPS than FedEx over the years with that. but regardless, the laptop arrived safe and sound, with just dandy packaging and everything else.

I feel like I'm mostly just rambling, but I wanted to post primarily to say - I will continue to buy from newegg worry free until the day they actually do somehow screw me (which i doubt - and hope...) will never actually come. I have had no reason to expect otherwise and dont really think anyone should ...but bad things happen I suppose.

eggon, [h]'ers. I know i will.

Holy smokes, can't believe all of the bad stories about teh egg.

I've never personally had an issue with Newegg in the years I've been using them. I remember awhile back I ordered a new system and it was missing an E6300. After calling up Newegg and tearing the box apart they promptly sent me a replacement E6300 next day air.

No retailer is perfect and Newegg doesn't have the best prices but the customer service is decent.

I work in customer service so getting good CS is important to me :D

YMMV applies anywhere

Every time I order HDs from NewEgg they come from TN and are packed good. Now they're packing even better because I ordered a WD 120 Scorpio to hack for the 360 and it came wrapped in bubble wrap, in a white box, which was in the normal brown box with packing wrap. So when they say their HD practices have improved, I can verify that. (Not that I've had issues in the past, again all coming from TN.)

A long time ago (back 8 years maybe) I ordered a retail P4 3.0C, and one of the retention pins snapped and broke on the cooler. Rather than replace it with something, I got an RMA and was so concerned that they (NewEgg) wouldn't take it back, I wanted to find out so bad I paid nearly $40 to ship FedEx Overnight to their RMA house. The RMA was approved and a replacement cpu was in the process of being shipped via 3 day. I called and asked the girl if I could pay extra somehow and upgrade it to overnight (since I was already sitting on a near-completed system in need of a cpu) and she upgraded it to overnight at no charge since I sent the broken one overnight. That made me very happy.

A year and a half ago (or thereabout) I ordered an EVGA 8800GT when they were practically impossible to find. I got it and realized it had been opened. (Yet somehow it slipped through NewEgg's QC cracks.) I contacted EVGA to see if the card had been registered, and was told it had been registered. I arranged for an RMA and sent it in, but was told that I could not arrange for an advance replacement (even though mine would be heading back for the RMA). I called a 2nd time and the girl worked with me and gave me her email and told me to email her once the RMA card was picked up by UPS, and once she checked the tracking and saw the package pickup, she would ship a replacement preemptively (even though they normally don't do that). Of course they had my CC# anyway for insurance purposes (in case I tried to get slick and ship them a brick which of course I didn't do). A few days later, the replacement arrived, probably on the same day the RMA card arrived at their dock in CA. Again I was a very happy customer.

I have 1 complaint about NewEgg and that is the Egg Saver shipping, which is atrocious. DHL in itself is terrible, but the whole "shipping company sits on it and then takes it to the post office when they feel like it" idea is really horrendous. (Buy.com does the same thing, except they use UPS -> USPS instead of DHL -> USPS like NewEgg.) I realize prices are up on things these days, so free shipping really needs to be on the cheap...but I don't understand why the cheap/free shipping can't just go straight to the post office's hands. In any event, the last time I saw "free Egg Saver shipping" on an item (some ram) that I needed, I upgraded it to UPS Ground and it shipped from TN so I got it the next day anyway, for roughly $5 (which is always worth it).

That minor quibble - I have nothing bad to say about NewEgg. My experiences with their support staff have been stellar, their prices are very good on practically everything. Hell, my 46" plasma came from NewEgg and I never thought I'd order + ship a tv. :)

I just bought the drives in my sig. They came individually boxed, in bubble wrap, in those boxes, inside of a pile of packing peanuts filled other box.

I had no complaints, drives work fine.

But I've only had 1 bad experience with newegg, and the manager at the time (years ago) fixed it immediately. Never had a bad one since, and even if I did, mistakes happen, if they get fixed, I'm more confident leaving a fixed mistake than I am if one never occurred (it reinforces the faith I put in that company)

just ordered a WD from newegg (I was in a hurry and needed it for a customer ASAP). due to proximity to warehouse, NewEgg got it out and on my doorstep next day. The drive came triple wrapped in bubble wrap, in a fairly large box surrounded in packing peanuts - PACKED full to restrict movement.

I suppose its not a perfect packing system...but the drive worked fine. I even ran WD scan just for curiosity and it reported fine. It seems better packed than I remember hard drives previously (wonder if this thread affected that?).

In the end it arrived in fine shape packed pretty damn well. I just thought it was worth mentioning for people on the fence. Again, A+ for NewEgg from me. cant beat it!

I just got 2 drives from the egg. Both were bubble wrapped AND placed into boxes which were then surrounded by packing peanuts and placed in a larger box.

They've definitely taken notice of the complaints about HD packaging and adjusted accordingly.

in all the years i have only had one sissue with RMA, and it was addressed to my complete satisfaction. I even got a Newegg cap, watch and pen the following week as a thank you.

service is the difference between return customers and referrals to friends, family and peers and...well, TD, lol

Outside of questionable packing on one or two hard drives, I've got nothing but good things to share about Newegg's CS in the past... I've ordered stuff at a certain price sometimes and seen it drop by $10-20 within a couple of days and they've issued me a credit when I've called to inquire about it for instance. Never had to RMA anything thru Newegg personally tho. When I had issues getting my Visa card to work properly (weird bank / authorization / country code conflict) they were very helpful (tho ultimately they had nothing to do with it).

More than anything, I keep coming back to them because they're one of the few places that ships to Puerto Rico reliably and at a decent rate, not the cheapest (since they won't use USPS even for cheap memory cards and such, tho they did at one point), but good enough for all of my large orders. (or anything over $200) I still can't use my bank-issued Visa tho, heh, and I've never figured out why. Always forced to use a MC.

I've bought alot of things from NewEgg and never had a problem. They ship real fast to my location too (sometimes as soon as 1 day) with just normal (free) shipping service and things are always packed carefully.

Their prices are great and anytime I've contacted customer support they've always been helpful and quick to resolve any issues.

I just bought the drives in my sig. They came individually boxed, in bubble wrap, in those boxes, inside of a pile of packing peanuts filled other box.

I just got 2 drives from the egg. Both were bubble wrapped AND placed into boxes which were then surrounded by packing peanuts and placed in a larger box.

They've definitely taken notice of the complaints about HD packaging and adjusted accordingly.

The 2 drives I just got were not packaged well at all. Only one was placed in a box while the other was wrapped in a couple layers of bubble wrap then both drives were placed in a larger box that was only 1/3 filled with foam peanuts so they had a lot of room to slide around be jostled inside the bigger box. And the one drive that was in the smaller box did not even have one full layer of bubble wrap so it was sliding around inside the smaller box. Does that sound like good packaging? :(

Also the shipping label indicates it came from Newegg's RMA Warehouse in Wittier, CA. Dies that sound odd that the drives were sent from their RMA center? :confused:

The corporation I work for recently made a decision to dump DELL as our CAD machine supplier - we were paying out the rear with about $7k per machine. It was decided we'd insource these machines and purchase the components ourselves. I spec'd everything out and decided with NewEgg as I had good customer relations with them in the past.

So last week, we placed a test order worth about $2k. For some reason, this order kept failing verification - not for lack of funds or false information - we talked with the bank, they said they had no problem verifying the order from NewEgg. Again, we pushed it through and again it failed. We put in another order for network equipment worth a high-dollar amount and it processed fine (with the same card data on file). Rinse, repeat. Obviously, something was wrong.

So the NewEgg system auto-cancelled the order after 5 days. Now we've lost a week. Looking past that, I readded everything and noticed the prices increased by about $95. I decided this was a good test for the NewEgg customer service team and opted to see what they would do for us.

Their offer? $20 initially, $30 after a supervisor got involved. Unacceptable. All we asked for was that they honor the initial prices from the original order. All we wanted was the original order! The difference was truely just a little over the amount of shipping, a free shipping offer would have sufficed.

I make management (IT) decisions for this corporation, and knowing the amount of money NewEgg just kissed goodbye to a competitor over $95 is beyond comprehensible. It's bad business. To us, it was a measily $95 difference but a major failure on the customer service front - something we can't risk when the actual order goes through.

Last edited:
The corporation I work for recently made a decision to dump DELL as our CAD machine supplier - we were paying out the rear with about $7k per machine. It was decided we'd insource these machines and purchase the components ourselves. I spec'd everything out and decided with NewEgg as I had good customer relations with them in the past.

So last week, we placed a test order worth about $2k. For some reason, this order kept failing verification - not for lack of funds or false information - we talked with the bank, they said they had no problem verifying the order from NewEgg. Again, we pushed it through and again it failed. We put in another order for network equipment worth a high-dollar amount and it processed fine (with the same card data on file). Rinse, repeat. Obviously, something was wrong.

So the NewEgg system auto-cancelled the order after 5 days. Now we've lost a week. Looking past that, I readded everything and noticed the prices increased by about $95. I decided this was a good test for the NewEgg customer service team and opted to see what they would do for us.

Their offer? $20 initially, $30 after a supervisor got involved. Unacceptable. All we asked for was that they honor the initial prices from the original order. All we wanted was the original order! The difference was truely just a little over the amount of shipping, a free shipping offer would have sufficed.

I make management (IT) decisions for this corporation, and knowing the amount of money NewEgg just kissed goodbye to a competitor over $95 is beyond comprehensible. It's bad business. To us, it was a measily $95 difference but a major failure on the customer service front - something we can't risk when the actual order goes through.

Why didn't you contact them initially after the first order failed to find out why? Why take the time to try and redo everything and wait a week?

I purchased a Visiontek 4870x2 from Newegg. When I received the card and opened the box, to my surprise the card was used.

No where on the purchase page did they mention the card was used or refurbished. Felt pretty disappointed about that.

Their customer service told me they would give me 20 dollars off the new price for keeping the used item or return it for a refund.

I returned it for the refund.

Even though the shopping experience was bad, I will have to admit the customer service representative that assisted me was extremely nice and helpful.

I sent this in a PM and E-mail...... I'm waiting for a reply, if I get one at all.

To, Neweggg
I recently learned about your withdrawal from advertising on [H]ardOCP. I must say I feel this is a mistake. I first learned about your company from [H]ardOCP and have done a large amount of business with your company over many years. I have also recommended your site to dozens of people over that time.

I will find it hard to continue doing business and offering recommendations for you after your advertising withdrawal from [H]ardOCP. I feel it is important to do business with companies that support the communities that I belong to. Until such time Newegg decides to reconsider it's advertising decision to [H]ardOCP I will have to take my business elsewhere.

I loved doing business with Newegg, but there are other places that I can shop that don't stiff the community after years of support.

Many on the folding team feel the same way.

newegg themselves and newegg support is topnotch, i have a bad luck string my last 2 orders,

MSI MOBO bad, had to send in.

This last order from 3 days ago i ordered some Gskill DDR2 1066 2x2gb for my Mother-in laws build, CHA CHING, 1 stick bad.. so im luck uggggg, do i just tell her to deal with it, or tell her she gunna have to wait 2 weeks for a RMA process......i hate crap like this but its not the eggs fault.....

If i could ever suggest 1 more thing for the egg to offer, it would RMA Cross shipping... Put a hold on the persons Card for the amount of the product, Ship it to them, if the RMA is true and legit Release the hold of the funds on the Card. This Way RMA is the Way and the Customer dosent Have to wait any more than the Ship time.

We've only seen Kyle's side of the story. I wonder what Newegg's side is. Maybe they just didn't want to pay whatever Kyle charges for advertising?

About Adblock, is it illegal to use it or just to discuss how to use it? What if you discuss it in GenMay, where everything goes? Just wondering. :confused:

I see user "Newegg Support" is still logging into [H], so perhaps he (Jose) can shed some light. I wonder if Kyle will give Newegg the GoG@mer treatment. :eek:

Back