NewEgg Black Friday sale!

1070 finally down to $400, just needs to drop another $100. I'll probably get tired of waiting and pick up a used 980ti.

1070 finally down to $400, just needs to drop another $100. I'll probably get tired of waiting and pick up a used 980ti.

Really, have the 1070's been higher than that lately? I got my 1070 for $400 a year and a half ago at Microcenter.

Really, have the 1070's been higher than that lately? I got my 1070 for $400 a year and a half ago at Microcenter.

yeah they've been in the 450-490 price range for a while until the 1070Ti released. now they're dropping back to around 400 where they should of been at the entire time.

Yea this year seems pretty lack luster but if I remember correctly they released the bf add early like this year then released the actual BF add closer to BF with some actual deals.

I was hoping to pickup a decent monitor with the gift cards I got from the Groupon deal today but what they are offering isn't that great. Some before pricing is inflated because it's cheaper now on their page going off the before pricing. So they inflated the Retail on the add so they can claim your saving x more then you really are. LOL

I've been getting almost daily mobile offers for 5% off. Its not a lot, but its better than nothing. 8700K for example gets down to a closer to MSRP $400 instead of $420.

Also keep an eye out for MasterPass deals ($25 off $200-250) and Amex offers (similar $20 off $200) for stacking deals closer to BF.

$50 off the Rift+Touch isn't bad. ($350) I spent $800 on the exact same thing as an early adopter less than 2 years ago.
I am looking at that item. Seems like a decent price to if nothing else try out. How do you feel the game library is for it?

I am looking at that item. Seems like a decent price to if nothing else try out. How do you feel the game library is for it?

Because the Rift can use everything on SteamVR as well as everything within the Oculus store library, it has the largest selection of software to choose from when it comes to all of the currently available VR headsets. The Vive is a close second as it can also use the Revive utility to play Oculus store apps - although with some quirks/issues as to mapping of the controllers in some games. The Windows MR headsets run behind the pack at third - no Oculus store library app access at this time, beta SteamVR support and a very limited Microsoft Store selection of apps.

All of them can now use SteamVR though - and that's the largest single source of VR apps/games. Bottom line, the Rift has the best overall software library access to games/apps. It is also very robust as to driver quality/support.

And it's an MSI Gaming X, to boot. I've had pretty good luck with mine. The cooling is great on it and I pretty much never heard it. Picked up a water cooling block for it cheap at Microcenter for like $50, it runs at over 2GHz in games without overclocking most of the time, up to about 2200 MHz.

Because the Rift can use everything on SteamVR as well as everything within the Oculus store library, it has the largest selection of software to choose from when it comes to all of the currently available VR headsets. The Vive is a close second as it can also use the Revive utility to play Oculus store apps - although with some quirks/issues as to mapping of the controllers in some games. The Windows MR headsets run behind the pack at third - no Oculus store library app access at this time, beta SteamVR support and a very limited Microsoft Store selection of apps.

All of them can now use SteamVR though - and that's the largest single source of VR apps/games. Bottom line, the Rift has the best overall software library access to games/apps. It is also very robust as to driver quality/support.

I'm interested -- but with all these price cuts to occulus and vive --- when does it get replaced for the new model and is this the wrong time to jump on an outgoing model?

I'm interested -- but with all these price cuts to occulus and vive --- when does it get replaced for the new model and is this the wrong time to jump on an outgoing model?

There's still plenty of runway left. Newer (superior) models from Oculus (Rift) or HTC (Vive) aren't even rumored yet. I'd say they are at least a solid 6 months out still if not longer.

Yeah my local is the Towson MD store and when I checked they had 2, doesn't matter since I already have my 1060 FTW2. All I need to start building is my M.2 drive but I'm forcing myself to wait just in case it goes on sale next week.

Looks like G.Skill Flare X 3200Mhz Cas 14 memory is $175 for 2x8GB. I still can't believe that's a "hot" deal, but a good price for that memory by today's standards.

Looks like G.Skill Flare X 3200Mhz Cas 14 memory is $175 for 2x8GB. I still can't believe that's a "hot" deal, but a good price for that memory by today's standards.
Small complaint but GSkill needs to make some low profile RAM.
I bought Corsair for the first time in over 10 years...

You have to go with G.Skills Ripjaws if you want low profile. The Trident Z are still my favorite looking RAM if I could even see my RAM that is what I'd have but with a horizontal mobo all I see is GPU and Tower heatsink.

Back