Newegg BF Deals Live!

So Thursday is Friday now?

Its been approaching this point for years now - each stores keeps trying to open before all the rest. Most of the stores I'm looking at open at 8 tonight. Black Friday will start on Wednesday next year if this keeps up.

That isn't too bad a price for the raptor if you need fast storage, but these days I'd much rather have an SSD..even my older SATA II SSD will destroy a Raptor..I copied about 4 GB worth of .jpeg files from my SSD to my 1TB Black yesterday, and it never dropped below 100MB/s..

AS far as deals go, the 7970 mentioned and the 32GB G. Skill kit for $100 is about all that is exciting..IF I didn't already have a 16GB quad channel kit, I'd grab one of the 32GB kits to use as a RAM Disk for my Folding VM and a game or two..

I own four top notch ssd's and all have had catostrophic failures that caused RMA'a and major pains in the ass. I like the speed but I won't go be going back until they are as trouble free as platter drives and right now they most certainly are not. Really dissapointed that they have been around this long and aren't more reliable.

I own four top notch ssd's and all have had catostrophic failures that caused RMA'a and major pains in the ass. I like the speed but I won't go be going back until they are as trouble free as platter drives and right now they most certainly are not. Really dissapointed that they have been around this long and aren't more reliable.

Ive been running Samsung 830's in raid for about 10 months now. Not a problem or hicup. How long were your installed for?

I have been using a SSD for over a year now. No issues.

I just ordered my 2nd one today. Grabbed the 512gb vertex 4. 299$ is a steal.

What's up with these lame deals? I thought we'd see more deals on 128gb SSDs. Disappointing.

I want bigger deals on higher end cards. Considering I saw a gtx 670 less than a month ago at MC for $280 AR, 330 is not really cutting it even if it has 2 games

I want bigger deals on higher end cards. Considering I saw a gtx 670 less than a month ago at MC for $280 AR, 330 is not really cutting it even if it has 2 games

Im with ya. They had a sweet one on a XFX 7970 for $360 but Id like to see something like a GTX670 in the sub $300 range myself.

Im with ya. They had a sweet one on a XFX 7970 for $360 but Id like to see something like a GTX670 in the sub $300 range myself.

I knew I should have bought that galaxy for $280 but had just bought a 3770k and an SSD I didnt really have the money. I am still waiting and have hope. Otherwise I will get the gigabyte for 330 and sell the games for like 40 bucks (which will still make it a good deal)

Tigerdirect.ca has an in-store deal on the 3570k ivybridge Intel chip for $150 O_O! How I wish I lived in Ontario Canada.... for just tomorrow.

One things you guys have to remember is that Newegg usually releases better deals for the actual Black Friday. As I recall for the past 2 to 3 years they've done this exact same thing, they've released the turd "deals" early on to hook the suckers into buying stock that they're desperately trying to get rid of and then Thursday night at midnight PST is when they release the real BF deals. I'm hoping they do that again this year, usually the ad for the real deals gets leaked today at some point. Just going to have to wait and see, if they don't release any more deals I won't be shopping with them at all this BF.

7850 2GB for $140 after MIR isn't bad at all.
3TB internal for $89 seems pretty good.
512G vertex4 for $300 isn't bad if you can stomach OCZ.
2 * 8GB ddr3-1600 for $50 is at LEAST warm...
$40 socket 775 board with $40 rebate isn't bad if you need to fix someones PC...
Corsair TX750 for $59.99 after $25 mir seems decent
Antec truepower quattro 1200W for $99.99 seems good.
Gskill sniper CL9 ddr3-1600 32G or Cl10 ddr3-1866 32G for $110 seems OK
radeon 7750 for $60 after MIR is ok if you don't mind low-end.

didnt see that 3tb drive, link?

One things you guys have to remember is that Newegg usually releases better deals for the actual Black Friday. As I recall for the past 2 to 3 years they've done this exact same thing, they've released the turd "deals" early on to hook the suckers into buying stock that they're desperately trying to get rid of and then Thursday night at midnight PST is when they release the real BF deals. I'm hoping they do that again this year, usually the ad for the real deals gets leaked today at some point. Just going to have to wait and see, if they don't release any more deals I won't be shopping with them at all this BF.

The real deals are never that great either, tho at least they have some decent high end GPU deals this year, other years they've had like none. Some of the memory prices are ok, tho they've been matched by recent non-BF deals.

The real deals are never that great either, tho at least they have some decent high end GPU deals this year, other years they've had like none. Some of the memory prices are ok, tho they've been matched by recent non-BF deals.

This. I've taken to not even looking at any spam from NewEgg from November til New Year's.

Welp like the title said, it looks like Newegg is laying a massive rotten egg when it comes to video card sales this BF. After going through their secret 24-hour sale e-mail that I received a little bit ago there wasn't a single deal on a 7950/7970/gtx670/gtx680.

It looks like the video card deal to be had was that one from Ncix for $299 AR thus far. I guess I shouldn't have expected more from Newegg :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

There were no new deals for decent tablets either.

Welp like the title said, it looks like Newegg is laying a massive rotten egg when it comes to video card sales this BF. After going through their secret 24-hour sale e-mail that I received a little bit ago there wasn't a single deal on a 7950/7970/gtx670/gtx680.

Thats because they dont _need_ to make any deals on the highest end vidcards as loss leaders, they sell briskly enough at regular pricing. The stuff that tends to get positioned as loss leaders are items with bigger margins or where inventory isn't moving fast enough.

But I do love watching the conniptions when people feel this stuff is owed them :)

Isn't the GTX 660 Ti with twogames for $250 AR a pretty decent one? Not what you're looking (above poster) but other years they haven't even managed that much, I remember only seeing NE deals for low end cards during BF for several years in a row.

Edit: Hmm, tough I see there's another deal for a similar card with one game going for $224 or so after rebate. I haven't been keeping up with GPU prices, weren't most GTX 660 near $300 recently? Is this a wide BF sale on them or a combination of slight BF discounts + a small/recent price drop? At low $200s they finally start to become an attractive upgrade from my 6950's (I'd still go SLI/CF), next gen cards are around the bend tho...

Last edited:
Last year they did have BF deals on 6950s and even a deal for a 5990. The year before that they had deals on 5870s, of course they were likely trying to move stock since the 6950/6970 "released" a few weeks after BF 2010.

So based on their previous behavior from 2 different past Black Fridays, I thought we'd at least see a deal on a 7950 and was somewhat disappointed when that wasn't the case. Oh well.

There were no new deals for decent tablets either.

I just looked over that email and you're right, there's some slight variations of previous deals but nothing jumps out... I was hoping they might match Office Depot or whomever's doing that Nexus 7 32GB $20-off deal, since I avoid taxes and shipping with NE, no dice though. Guess I might as well order the thing already (it's a gift), doubt I'll see a discount on Monday.

Was also hoping they'd run a deal on one of the $50-75 16/32GB USB 3.0 flash thumbdrives with 100MB/s sequential writes, but no luck there either, bummer.

There's a 2x8GB G.skill 1600 CL9 kit with blue spreaders for $60 on the new email, don't think it was on the earlier one... And a CL10 Patriot kit for $55 AR. At least none of the memory deals made me regret the 4x4GB Patriot kit I got last week for $48 AR. :p

Last year they did have BF deals on 6950s and even a deal for a 5990. The year before that they had deals on 5870s, of course they were likely trying to move stock since the 6950/6970 "released" a few weeks after BF 2010.

So based on their previous behavior from 2 different past Black Fridays, I thought we'd at least see a deal on a 7950 and was somewhat disappointed when that wasn't the case. Oh well.

How much were the 6950 going for tho? I remember paying $210 and $230 for mine around May 2011 and to this day I still haven't seen those go much lower than $180... Seems like high end GPU prices have only gone up since then.

The only thing worth buying for me was the Vertex 4 512GB.

I had it in my cart and was browsing the rest of the pages to see if there was anything else worth buying. When I went to order it, well, "OCZ VTX4-25SAT3-512G.M has been removed from shopping cart due to insufficient stock."

Needless to say, I was very disappointed.

Amazon later had the same deal and I was able to pick one up there today, but I had to pay for it upfront instead of charge it on my preferred account. Barely have any money left now for anything else today and on cyber monday.

If anyone hasn't said anything about it, it's the M model; not as many IOPS and rumored to not be as reliable as the regular version (Micron NAND). I personally don't care, since it will be my game/recording drive so reliability isn't really that important (just need to back up my saves/mods!)

Anyway, last year Newegg had terrible deals. This year is no different. Such a shame.

Black Friday and cyber Monday aren't as essential ad they used to be.

Nothing look interesting to me. Looked like some pretty lame deals, actually. I honestly didn't have anything in mind to purchase though, I just bought a bunch of shit last Black Friday.

Added to my card, no tax (unlike amazon), free shipping. Good stuff!

But like a good citizen, you are now going to file that on your taxes, right? Right? :D Just playing.

Black Friday deals are just the new Flea Market deals or ebay deals where you pay a bit more than MSRP if you are not careful... people get stupid with the word "Black Friday" and they just assume they are getting a hellacious deal!

Can't really blame the retailers for stupid minded consumers!

i dont think this year was the hardware year everyone hoped for. Some SSDs but thats it.

That MEElec Bluetooth speaker is actually pretty nice btw, a Bluetooth adapter alone would cost you the same...

Makes a nice tablet desk speaker or a speakerphone for phone convos, it's actually a little too resonant for it's own good (lots of mid bass bleed, metal casing's probably to blame) and those X-mini speakers sound more detailed but we're talking pos tweeters running off a battery so...

The all-in-one proposition makes it pretty convenient and a good stocking stuffer, I got one for my sister's birthday and paid like $45, didn't even realize Amazon had it for $40 at the time (or that Newegg would have it for $30, or that MEElec would run a BOGO sale for that matter).

Interesting. I'm looking for something to sit in the middle of a table on my patio during dinner. Think this would do the trick?

Oh yeah, just don't expect anything remotely hifi obviously. Only real drawback is it has no 3.5mm connection, strictly Bluetooth, goes pretty loud. The answer/track controls are pretty convenient too (it's the rubber legs, so you just push down from the top where the corresponding symbols are).

Back