New Samsung 4k for everyone.

Yes but the complete 4K line will have HDR and the smallest on one of the lower line is 43". I'm planning on getting one of those to replace my 40" JU7500 at home and take that to the office.

Good to know. I didn't see any of the lower lines listed on the Samsung US website last time I checked. Hopefully they'll be up soon.

Good to know. I didn't see any of the lower lines listed on the Samsung US website last time I checked. Hopefully they'll be up soon.

Not on the U.S. sites yet. This is EU info but it looks like there will be a 43" KS7500.

KS7500
  • 43”, 49”, 55” & 65”
  • Curved SUHD TV
  • HDR 1000
  • Quantum dot technology
  • Precision Black / Ultra Black
  • Peak Illuminator Pro
  • UHD Dimming
  • 360 Boundless design
  • Smart TV with Silver Smart Control
  • IoT Hub enabled

The full article is here:

Samsung unveils KS9000, KS8000, KS7500 & KS7000 SUHD TVs - FlatpanelsHD

Hey Guys, purchased a UN40JU6700 last week and wasn't happy with the ghosting/blur levels so I returned it for a UN40JU7100 that I can get locally. Also picked up a second 980 Ti which I think had a bigger impact on gaming quality than anything. Some games turn into a blurry mess at lower FPS.

So I'm pretty happy with the JU7100. I got a good one with a Samsung panel and no flaws. Using it for work and gaming, running in PC mode and YCbCr 444. Of course rtings rates the 7500 the best for motion clarity and gaming. Anyone have any experience with 7100 vs 7500? Is it worth the $100 and return hassle? Only downside for me is I can't get the 7500 locally and limited options online as well. Thinking of ordering direct from Samsung although I'd have to risk the 15% restocking fee for a return.

I don't think I can go back to 1440p now even with 144hz and Gsync. I've got a XB270HU GSync IPS that's going on ebay soon if anyone's interested.

Not on the U.S. sites yet. This is EU info but it looks like there will be a 43" KS7500.

I hope you're right. The US site currently has the KS8000, 8500, 9000, and 9500 listed, but all only have 55" and 65" options, which doesn't line up with the article you linked. Maybe the smaller sizes will be available later since there is less demand for them?

More info on the 2016 Euro models:

Specifications of the Samsung KS7000 / KS7500:

• Edge LED TV Ultra HD (3840 x 2160 pixels)
  • Local Dimming Micro Dimming and UHD
  • Ultra HD Premium Certification
  • Curved slab on the KS7500, flat slab on the KS7000
  • Auto Depth Enhancer only on the KS7500
  • No 3D compatibility
  • IPS on versions 43 "and 49" VA panels on 55 "and 65"
  • 360 Boundless Design without visible frame and ultra slim
  • Dalle 10 bits and 120 Hz Ultra Clear Panel Pro
  • Supreme Motion: Picture Quality Index (PQI) 2000
  • Black and Black Ultra Precision: Local Dimming associated with a surface nanostructure Moth Eyes
  • Peak Illuminator Pro and improved conversion SDR / HDR
  • HDR10 compatibility
  • Pic bright 1000 nits
  • New improved Q.Dot structure with phosphor diodes
  • Color Space: 96% of DCI / P3
  • video processor SUHD Re-mastering Engine with 4K upscaling
  • video processing Ultra Clear View
  • Quad Core Processor
  • Compatibility HEVC / H.265 and VP9 for multimedia, VOD and TV channels 4K streaming
  • HDMI 2.0a connectors compatible Rec.2020, HDR10 and HDCP 2.2
  • Single Tuner (AVC / HEVC) DVB-T2, DVB-C, DVB-S2: TNT-HD 2.0 (HbbTV), Cable and Satellite
  • Recording programs via USB, Timeshift, EPG owner
  • PIP function possible with external source
  • Compatible Wireless Audio System (WISA)
  • DTS Premium Sound 5.1 (bitstream DTS 5.1 via Optical and HDMI ARC)
  • DLNA 1.5 with integrated Wi-Fi and HbbTV
  • Smart TV Tizen: VOD 4K, Smart Hub, AllSare Play, Family Story (theme family), Your Health (relaxation theme), Kids Story (children's themes), Internet @ TV, Samsung Apps, Web Browser, Skype 720p and hundreds other applications, games, etc.
  • VOD Netflix 4K, 4K Amazon Instant Video, Comcast, DIRECTV; M-GO
  • Interface with new features in Tizen
  • Access to PlayStation Now
  • Smart Interaction: Voice control and movement, facial recognition
  • Smart View: + second screen content sharing
  • Quick Connect & Multi-Link Screen Function
  • Housing Mini One Connect to deport all the connections and part of the processors
Available in May in 43 ", 49", 55 ", 60" and 65 "with:

• SAMSUNG UE43KS7500
  • SAMSUNG UE49KS7500
  • SAMSUNG UE55KS7500
  • SAMSUNG UE65KS7500
  • SAMSUNG UE49KS7000
  • SAMSUNG UE55KS7000
  • SAMSUNG UE60KS7000

I wonder why Samsung decided to go with IPS panels on the 43" and 49" models.

Yeah, interesting choice. I believe Sony does that with their smaller models too.

Do IPS TVs suffer from backlight bleed like IPS monitors do?

Hey all,

Was hoping someone had a suggestion for my message below? I'm running out of time to return some of this stuff and try something else in the mix; dock, HDMI cable, and adapter (dongle).

Could it be the adapter, or more likely the HDMI cable if 4k @ 60Hz has display issues/distortion; horizontal flashing lines, crackling audio etc. This happens with what I thought was a good HDMI cable (ForSpark brand). With cheaper cables, I'm not even presented with the 60Hz option in Windows.

People have claimed to get clean 4k 60p with the products I'm using individually but it seems the combination together is failing somewhere.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Hi all, long message -- tl;dr version in green:

I recently got this 'active' mini DisplayPort to HDMI 2.0 adapter:
Amazon.com: MINI DP TO HDMI 2.0 4K@60Hz Specification: Computers & Accessories

And I'm using this 3ft HDMI cable with it:
Amazon.com: FORSPARK 3ft 4K-HDMI 2.0 Ultra Premium High Speed HDMI Cable 26AWG with Ethernet,Support 3D 4K 1080P for Apple TV-3D Gaming, Xbox,PS3 ,Green Case: Electronics

I have a JU7500 connected with the above adapter and cable through a Dell "TB15" (Thunderbolt 3 dock) which supports two 4k displays @ 60Hz (full color). The dock has a mini DisplayPort 1.2 and a full-size DisplayPort.

The problem I'm having is 4k @ 60Hz produces bad display artifacts (thin horizontal lines flashing sporadically across the screen), along with audible pops and crackles/static sound. If I drop down to 30Hz (4k), the issues disappear.

This adapter seems to be popular with Mac users; the latest reviewer claims to get 4k @ 60Hz without problems, yet others have the audio issue (no mention of video artifacts).

My problem could also be related to the dock as people have had display disconnects with it, but I'm thinking my symptoms point more to the HDMI cable or this adapter. The HDMI cable I have has good reviews but I've tried other HDMI cables and cannot get 60Hz at all with them. I'm in Canada and haven't been able to find any Amazon sellers who will ship the brand of HDMI cable to me here that others have mentioned in this thread.

I do not have access to a 4k monitor with DisplayPort that would take the adapter out of the equation. I also can't find any stock or positive reviews on other DisplayPort to HDMI 2.0 adapters. There's a "Club3D" brand which gets the most mention but has been out of stock for quite a while.

So.. anyone have any advice for me? I've been waiting for months for Dell to release this Thunderbolt 3 dock, finally got the adapter and upgraded HDMI cable but am still stuck at 30Hz!

Is there some way to pinpoint the root cause or make a best guess as to which component (adapter or HDMI cable) should be replaced first?

On another note, I had one other question:

Is there any way to force the JU7500 to scale to 1920x1080 for gaming? This works automatically when I launch a game and the TV is connected to the laptop via the built-in HDMI 1.4 port (30Hz). But with the DisplayPort adapter, the TV stays in UHD (30Hz clean, or 60Hz with the artifacts mentioned above), leaving my lowly GTX960M to do the scaling which seems to create more lag.

Thanks in advance for any tips, this thread is the reason I have my JU7500!

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The TV itself only accepts 1280x720, 1920x1080, 3840x2160 and 4096x2160 as normal inputs (and a bunch of low PC resolutions in PC mode), however you can use whatever resolution you want if you scale it on the GPU first.

So you can play a game in 2560x1440, the GPU then scales it and sends it to the TV as 3840x2160.

how well does that work? does that effect performance much? i have a ati 390, and thinking about jumping on a js8500

So Monoprice finally RMA'd my cables... not one of them can pass 4k@60Hz 4:4:4. So don't bother with their active 18Gbps cables.

what current firmware you guys on? My JS9000 has been on 1440 for months....

Same. I'd be surprised if they release any more updates for these, honestly. Most issues have probably been fixed by now, and they're gonna concentrate on the 2016 sets. I don't know if input lag could be improved any more or if it's about the best it's gonna get, but either way I can't see them dedicating the resources to improving sets that won't be sold anymore.

Same. I'd be surprised if they release any more updates for these, honestly. Most issues have probably been fixed by now, and they're gonna concentrate on the 2016 sets. I don't know if input lag could be improved any more or if it's about the best it's gonna get, but either way I can't see them dedicating the resources to improving sets that won't be sold anymore.
Why would you say that? My 2014 F8500 plasma still receives regular updates.

Yeah I highly doubt we will see anymore improvement regarding pc usage. Its unfortunate as we are the minority as the majority has none the slightest idea what input lag, 4:4:4 , etc really mean or care about it. which is why we are seeing so many shitty 4K sets... Updates are prob just on smart tv features...

Why would you say that? My 2014 F8500 plasma still receives regular updates.

Well, that's surprising. If they continue to support it then great, I'm just not getting my hopes up. We had a steady stream of firmware updates there for a while and they've completely ceased from what I can tell. I'm not sure what improvements new firmware would bring, anyway. Hard to imagine these getting much better than their current state!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Looks like the 40" JU7500's are becoming scarce. I ordered one last week directly from Samsung and must have got one of the last ones. Now they're out of stock and price shot up $400. Out of stock on Amazon as well.

Hope the 2016's have a 40-48" option.

Not sure if this was already posted, but what with Netflix starting to offer HDR content this week (Daredevil S2 and Marco Polo), I'm hoping Samsung updates the Netflix app for all 2015 4k models to support it.

With a previous firmware update, all 2015 4k TVs support HDR streaming (not just the SUHD models).

I thought I had read before that the JU7100/7500 didn't support YCbCr444 in Game mode. I'm running YCbCr444 right now with Game mode on my 7100 and it looks great. Does anyone know if this was fixed with a firmware update or is it more dependent on the HDMI cable you're using?

I thought I had read before that the JU7100/7500 didn't support YCbCr444 in Game mode. I'm running YCbCr444 right now with Game mode on my 7100 and it looks great. Does anyone know if this was fixed with a firmware update or is it more dependent on the HDMI cable you're using?

It sounds like you're talking about the setting in the nVidia Control Panel. Regardless of whether that's set to YCbCr444 or RGB, when Game mode is enabled the TV itself disregards any software/driver settings and uses its internal hardware to resort to 4:2:2 chroma subsampling.

If you know what proper 4:4:4 subsampling is and what to look for when it's not enabled, you can easily test this for yourself using the test images that were posted earlier in the thread (or heck, just look at some red text and see if it's fuzzy or pixel perfect). :p

It sounds like you're talking about the setting in the nVidia Control Panel. Regardless of whether that's set to YCbCr444 or RGB, when Game mode is enabled the TV itself disregards any software/driver settings and uses its internal hardware to resort to 4:2:2 chroma subsampling.

If you know what proper 4:4:4 subsampling is and what to look for when it's not enabled, you can easily test this for yourself using the test images that were posted earlier in the thread (or heck, just look at some red text and see if it's fuzzy or pixel perfect). :p

Right, and I've already done the quick brown fox test and confirmed I'm running 444 with Game mode ON. If I switch back to 420 the text becomes un-readable.

Right, and I've already done the quick brown fox test and confirmed I'm running 444 with Game mode ON. If I switch back to 420 the text becomes un-readable.

Nevermind, I see the difference now switching between 422 and 444. The TV is definitely forcing 422 mode.

Hey all,

Was hoping someone had a suggestion for my message below? I'm running out of time to return some of this stuff and try something else in the mix; dock, HDMI cable, and adapter (dongle).

Could it be the adapter, or more likely the HDMI cable if 4k @ 60Hz has display issues/distortion; horizontal flashing lines, crackling audio etc. This happens with what I thought was a good HDMI cable (ForSpark brand). With cheaper cables, I'm not even presented with the 60Hz option in Windows.

People have claimed to get clean 4k 60p with the products I'm using individually but it seems the combination together is failing somewhere.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

What video card are you running? I'm a little concerned about you using an adapter. I don't recall if others have had success with them, and if you have a Nvidia 960/970/980/980Ti/TitanX you shouldn't be using an adapter.

What video card are you running? I'm a little concerned about you using an adapter. I don't recall if others have had success with them, and if you have a Nvidia 960/970/980/980Ti/TitanX you shouldn't be using an adapter.

Thanks for the reply.. was starting to feel invisible :ninja:

Try not to cringe but this is a laptop -- the new Dell XPS 9550 with Nvidia 960M. Problem is, they opted to use an HDMI 1.4 port so I've got a JU7500 connected to their Thunderbolt 3 dock via the mini DisplayPort. That's where the mDP to HDMI 2.0 adapter plugs in. The dock supports 40Gb/s of DisplayPort bandwidth: 5k x 3k @ 60p, or two 4k x 2k @ 60p displays. And as far as I understand, when utilizing Thunderbolt 3, the Intel 950 onboard card is used via Intel Alpine Ridge controller rather than the discrete Nvidia card.

Now since I posted my last message, I was messing with various cables and put my second (FHD) monitor on the VGA port. As soon as I did that, I was able to get a solid UHD @ 60p 4:4:4 on the JU7500! Unfortunately, now my second display is shutting off after some time. I ordered a different HDMI 2.0 adapter and cable yesterday so that may help but if not, I'll just return them if all else holds okay.

I do still have one question relating to these Samsungs: is there any way to force them to switch resolution? When connected to the dock it's always in UHD, so when I play a game at FHD, my video card has to do the scaling to 1920x1080 60p which has worse lag than when connecting the TV directly to the HDMI port on the laptop. Not the end of the world if I have to switch where the TV is plugged in when playing a game but would be nice to not have to do that.

Last edited:
Anyone with the 2015 sets and Netflix 4k want to check if the app supports HDR? (Daredevil S2 and Marco Polo should be HDR as of today)

Anyone else with a JU7500 have poor gray uniformity? I have an otherwise perfect display but every time I see a solid color background (such as the Windows logoff/reboot screen) I see a pretty bad dark patch right in the middle of my screen. I also have a JU7100 that I plan on returning and it is slightly better. The dark patch on that one is way off to the right side of the screen. Funny, my Sony X850C has perfect gray uniformity vs these two Samsungs that rtings rated much higher in that category.

gray_display.jpg

Anyone else with a JU7500 have poor gray uniformity? I have an otherwise perfect display but every time I see a solid color background (such as the Windows logoff/reboot screen) I see a pretty bad dark patch right in the middle of my screen. I also have a JU7100 that I plan on returning and it is slightly better. The dark patch on that one is way off to the right side of the screen. Funny, my Sony X850C has perfect gray uniformity vs these two Samsungs that rtings rated much higher in that category.

I don't own a JU7500, but that looks worse than the gray uniformity on my BenQ BL3200PT. I would exchange it.

I don't own a JU7500, but that looks worse than the gray uniformity on my BenQ BL3200PT. I would exchange it.

I've been considering returning it. I think I got one of the last UN40JU7500's since no one has them in stock anymore so exchanging is out of the question. I got this direct from Samsung so I'm a little worried about having to fight with them on their ridiculous 15% restocking fee.

Of course the 48" JS8500 just went on sale for $1283 and I can get it locally....:facepalm:

Thanks for the reply.. was starting to feel invisible :ninja:

Try not to cringe but this is a laptop -- the new Dell XPS 9550 with Nvidia 960M. Problem is, they opted to use an HDMI 1.4 port so I've got a JU7500 connected to their Thunderbolt 3 dock via the mini DisplayPort. That's where the mDP to HDMI 2.0 adapter plugs in. The dock supports 40Gb/s of DisplayPort bandwidth: 5k x 3k @ 60p, or two 4k x 2k @ 60p displays. And as far as I understand, when utilizing Thunderbolt 3, the Intel 950 onboard card is used via Intel Alpine Ridge controller rather than the discrete Nvidia card.

Now since I posted my last message, I was messing with various cables and put my second (FHD) monitor on the VGA port. As soon as I did that, I was able to get a solid UHD @ 60p 4:4:4 on the JU7500! Unfortunately, now my second display is shutting off after some time. I ordered a different HDMI 2.0 adapter and cable yesterday so that may help but if not, I'll just return them if all else holds okay.

I do still have one question relating to these Samsungs: is there any way to force them to switch resolution? When connected to the dock it's always in UHD, so when I play a game at FHD, my video card has to do the scaling to 1920x1080 60p which has worse lag than when connecting the TV directly to the HDMI port on the laptop. Not the end of the world if I have to switch where the TV is plugged in when playing a game but would be nice to not have to do that.
I have the same setup. I don't have an adapter yet. The one I want is back ordered.

I have the same setup. I don't have an adapter yet. The one I want is back ordered.

Let me know how your adapter is. I think that's where my issue lies, so we'll see how the Accell brand works when it arrives this week. I assume you're waiting for Club3D?

My dual display setup is only stable when my 1920x1200 monitor is connected to the laptop HDMI. The JU7500 is now my only display connected to the dock.

Wish I could force the TV to handle scaling when gaming at FHD rez.. this only works when the JU7500 is connected to the laptop.

With the JU7500 being ranked so well for low input lag, I didn't realize how much it still affects gaming when you disconnect it and play from the laptop screen. Maybe I'm just lag sensitive.

Last edited:
Well my ju6500 suddenly stopped working after owning it maybe 8 months. It won't accept input from any device. PC, bluray player, nothing. All I get is black screen. Changed cables, un plugged replugged, tried everything. I can still acces the tv's menu, but that's it.

Well my ju6500 suddenly stopped working after owning it maybe 8 months. It won't accept input from any device. PC, bluray player, nothing. All I get is black screen. Changed cables, un plugged replugged, tried everything. I can still acces the tv's menu, but that's it.

What sort of cable are you using? I had an active (Redmere) cable and apparently killed the chip by driving 4k through it, stopped passing ALL signal to the TV.

Let me know how your adapter is. I think that's where my issue lies, so we'll see how the Accell brand works when it arrives this week. I assume you're waiting for Club3D?

My dual display setup is only stable when my 1920x1200 monitor is connected to the laptop HDMI. The JU7500 is now my only display connected to the dock.

Wish I could force the TV to handle scaling when gaming at FHD rez.. this only works when the JU7500 is connected to the laptop.

With the JU7500 being ranked so well for low input lag, I didn't realize how much it still affects gaming when you disconnect it and play from the laptop screen. Maybe I'm just lag sensitive.

Yep, I'm waiting on the club-3d. Right now, i'm dealing with 30P and not finding it to be that bad. There are some resolution issues on small icons.

Picked up a UN40JU6500 and noticed some issues with using it as a monitor, which could potentially affect all Samsung 4k screens. It seems like a bit of the left part of the screen is invisible unless you move your head all the way left and view it head on. An easy way to test is to just full screen (or set as your background, but you won't see the bottom in that case) an image with a 1 pixel thick border and see if you can see the line on all four sides with a normal viewing angle. You can find a video of the effect when Googling "1-pixel white line edge samsung" and clicking the youtube video. It's pretty much equivalent to an entire column of dead pixels, since most of the time, you'll never actually see them.

Back