New Samsung 4k for everyone.

Can someone tell me the part number for that damn One Connect Mini cable that came with my 7100?
I just received it today all pumped up just to find out that that damn cable was not included and of course the stupid tv has not a single HDMI input other than the box...yes I am pissed off.
My luck :/

BTW, how long does it take to download during the initial setup? it has been there forever and my internet is 100Mb.

Last edited:
Seems like it doesn't support 32bit colors and only 24bit max.

''Supports UHD Resolutions up to 3840x2160p at 60Hz with 24 bit color and 4:4:4 color sampling''

I seriously did not even notice that till you told me. This is no bueno.

Is there a specific hdmi cable that everyone recommends to use with the sets? I'm getting the 7500 model and a 980 Nvidia card which is HDMI 2.0. Thanks. I don't want to leave the store with the wrong cable.

ordered the Blue Jeans Cable.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
hey guys
you know i ve purchased 40ju6570(6700) and reviewd it with comparision to 50hu6900.
it had poor black levels and viewing angles but was solid except motion plus.
Since i also have real 100hz samsung tv's with blur reduction feature it was really hard not to miss it on a georgeous 4k screen when playing fifa 15 and nba 2k15 (i dont game online).
so i sold it today, and ordered a 55ju7000 (real 100hz tv) . it was way cheaper than 48ju7500 thats why i got it. Also checked the viewing angles in store and it was much much better than ju6570.
I was using 50hu6900 without any issues as a pc monitor but 55" sounds too big:)
when the set arrives i will post my thought on diffrences especially on motion and viewing angles.
have a happy new year all:)

By not noticing it do you mean off angle viewing still is worse?

viewing angle is terrible even on a small 40" ju6570(6700)
i ve posted pictures of the issue comparing it to my other 40h6xxx flat tv. they are both va panels but contrast loss is 3x more on curved tv.

OK. Picked up my 7500 today along with a evga 980ti. The Ti shows up when connected to my old monitor..it shows a display...but nothing so far on the 7500. I'm using an hdmi cable from the card to the display. I have the hdmi input turned on. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks.
im using input one. says no signal.
sigh.

WE HAVE LIFTOFF!...YEAH

Last edited:
Samsung JS9000 55-Inch GTA 5 Online on PC

How do you like the 55"? I have the 49" Js9000 and the 55" is now the same price of what I paid for my 49" Do you think it's too big for where u sit? I am about 2-21/2 feet from my face to the screen and at first, I had to move the TV back further as it felt too close. I am used to it now though as it has been about 4 months since I bought it...

Seems like it doesn't support 32bit colors and only 24bit max.

''Supports UHD Resolutions up to 3840x2160p at 60Hz with 24 bit color and 4:4:4 color sampling''

24 bit is not a problem because even with 32 bit only 24 bit is sent to the monitor. The additional 8 bits are for the alpha channel (transparency) and are only used for rendering. Only the RGB channels (3 times 8 bits) need to be transferred through the cable.

24 bit is not a problem because even with 32 bit only 24 bit is sent to the monitor. The additional 8 bits are for the alpha channel (transparency) and are only used for rendering. Only the RGB channels (3 times 8 bits) need to be transferred through the cable.

So Will there be any noticeable difference. I'm currently using a gtx 780 ti along with my ju7100, and I was going to purchase this adapter when released, but I would like to know more information about alpha transparency and how it effects overall color performance, and if I'll notice a difference, thanks.

Got the flat 55ju7000 display.
negatives:
-lots of light leak from the left bottom of the screen, i can notice it even if the lights on when bl set to max. I can also notice it on backligt set to 5! in dark room.
-not being curved is a negative for computer use when sitting close.
blacks not as deep as 40h6200 or hu6900

positives
-viewing angles are one of the the best i ve seen on a VA screen 3-4x better than curved ju 6500 which also had a samsung panel .
-color detail is spot on factory settings, the colors are natural.
-blacks are not as inky as 40h6200 or 50hu6900 but shadow detail is pretty good also the black levels are much better than curved ju6500.
-Motion is much much better than ju6500-hu6900. motion resolution is a little better than 100hz 40h6200. The detail in blurbusters test tool is the best i ve seen.
-the panel is full glossy .
-playing fifa15 and nba 2k16 with motion plus "clear" settings there is not a single sign of bluring compared to 60hz tvs.
-movies are judder free.

just a curiosity..
the mouse lag of the 7500 series is so terrible for normal usage?
i see some video on you tube but a couple seems too bad to be true, so i prefer first hand opinions. :D

for normal usage i intend web browsing, and normal desktop use.
(i use a cintiq for photoworks).

And if someone play Elite dangerous, my favourite game, could tell me how is ( gorgeous i could immagine, but i intend lag blur etc..):D

just a curiosity..
the mouse lag of the 7500 series is so terrible for normal usage?
i see some video on you tube but a couple seems too bad to be true, so i prefer first hand opinions. :D

for normal usage i intend web browsing, and normal desktop use.
(i use a cintiq for photoworks).

And if someone play Elite dangerous, my favourite game, could tell me how is ( gorgeous i could immagine, but i intend lag blur etc..):D

People have mouse lag? Don't see it at all.

no mouse lag even if the motion plus set to "clear"
but it is not for competitive online gamers (input lag) luckily i dont play online motion plus rulez for gaming.
and 7xxx series are much better than 6xxx .
QZWDpk.jpg

For most people unless you are playing a lot of FPS games, the mouse lag in PC mode around ~45ms is not that noticeable. IF you do an objective timing compared to another regular monitor, you will see it

Put the TV in PC mode (or game mode for lower input lag but losing 4:4:4 chroma). enable duplicate screen mode for TV and a second LCD screen with known timing for input lag. Then open this link:
http://tft.vanity.dk/inputlag.html

Start the timer and take a pic showing both screen with fast exposure time of 1/1000. I did this compared to my old HP 3065 and the TV is consistently behind the HP by 20ms. The HP has known input lag of around 25ms... So the TV input lag is around 40_ms...

It's not a huge deal breaker but it's just nice if the TV input lag would have been around 20ms in PC mode also bc the Samsung TV doesn't display true chroma 4:4:4 in game mode...

Yes, it would be nice, but guys at the same time it has been this way for as long as I can remember. TVs have traditionally higher input lag, and this is no different with the Samsungs, except they were one of the first to do full 4:4:4 at 60Hz 4K and their lag was lower than many other sets. Also, barebones monitors that just display a picture without any fancy scalers or inputs have always had less lag. See HP Z30i vs Dell U3011 for just one example.

So considering all of the inputs and processing features that the Samsungs have, the input lag in PC mode is not bad at all! Is there room for improvement? Hopefully. It sure would be nice to have 20-25 ms in PC mode, but some of you seem to forget that this is a TV, not a pure monitor. It does pretty darn well for what it is.

You guys know to set the input type to game not pc, then turn on game mode in the menu right?

UN60JU7100

If you look at my post on page 26 of the 4:4:4 2.0 tracker you will see that you do not lose full chroma with game mode. I attached photos.

You guys know to set the input type to game not pc, then turn on game mode in the menu right?

UN60JU7100

Yes but they want the 4:4:4 chroma subsampling of PC mode combined with the ultra low input lag of game mode. Game mode is well documented but the 4:2:2 for some text is not ideal.

UN60JU7100

If you look at my post on page 26 of the 4:4:4 2.0 tracker you will see that you do not lose full chroma with game mode. I attached photos.

Did you look at the test page while in pc mode then immediately switch over to game mode to compare? single pixel txt is razor sharp on all lines in pc mode. when I switch to game mode the last two lines no longer as sharp.

Has anyone successfully VESA mounted their set? I've searched the thread and there is sporadic mention of it but I can't see that anyone has actually gotten it to work. I would love to have it attached on a swivel arm.

So Will there be any noticeable difference. I'm currently using a gtx 780 ti along with my ju7100, and I was going to purchase this adapter when released, but I would like to know more information about alpha transparency and how it effects overall color performance, and if I'll notice a difference, thanks.

The alpha channel will be no problem, it is only used internally when the GPU is rendering. What might have some effect is the color format (RGB vs YCbCr444). Furthermore, I don't know if the adapter adds any extra input lag (it probably will, but how much?). I would wait for some reviews if I were you.

Finally got my cable to use this as my monitor and I love it!
I need to tweak it a bit more to find the best calibration for photo editing which is why I got this for, but so far its fantastic!

Any news with these TV's? I was in for the initial rush back in early 2015. I tried the 7500 and 9000. Overall pretty great, but fell in love with LG OLED. Well, that love is sort of wearing off because I can't stand the input lag most of the time. Thinking I might buy a 48" or 55" 9000 again. I saw a killer Black Friday deal on the 55" for $1,600, but that is long gone. Prices are the same as they were 9 months ago! Anyone know of any slick deals?

Also, any major firmware changes in regards to input lags and such?

How do you like the 55"? I have the 49" Js9000 and the 55" is now the same price of what I paid for my 49" Do you think it's too big for where u sit? I am about 2-21/2 feet from my face to the screen and at first, I had to move the TV back further as it felt too close. I am used to it now though as it has been about 4 months since I bought it...

I have a 55 JS9000. My eyeballs are pretty much exactly 3 feet away from the monitor surface (measured it). I also set the monitor so the bottom edge of monitor is about 2 inches below the level of desk (as the height of these monitors is the biggest challenge). I have had this setup for 6 months now and it feels perfect.

I definitely would never go below 48 inch for a 4k monitor.

My JU7500 just auto downloaded and installed a 1440 firmware. Anyone know what changes come with this firmware? Or where to even find out?

Just tried the 3D on the 7500. WOW. Really amazing. Used the Smart Hub feature and used the Netflix app. There is a children's turtle movie that is worth checking out just for the 3D. Good stuff.

Just tried the 3D on the 7500. WOW. Really amazing. Used the Smart Hub feature and used the Netflix app. There is a children's turtle movie that is worth checking out just for the 3D. Good stuff.

Really? Sweet. I've never even enabled the 3D on my JS9000. Good to know! :)

I saw some 3d on an 80" LG this past week at a friend's house and I have to say it was really damn good.. Zen Pinball on the PS4 looked freaking amazing and movies looked pretty great too. Seems like 3d on TVs has come a long way.

My JU7500 just auto downloaded and installed a 1440 firmware. Anyone know what changes come with this firmware? Or where to even find out?

These freaking companies need to be more upfront about what they change in all these firmware so we would know what to expect ;(

Yeah that way we can decide if we want the firmware or not. Sometimes a firmware update can remove or break features that we were previously enjoying.

Speaking of... I just got home from a brief trip and upon turning on my JS9000 was notified that there is a new firmware update available. Lol. 1440.

Always somewhat hesitant but the last few haven't broken anything or made any noticeable differences one way or another, so I'll probably go ahead and do it tonight.

I did the samsung chat thing. They said the 1440 does this:

Bhavani Y: The benefits of the latest Firmware are:
Bhavani Y: 1. Improved Usability.
Bhavani Y: 2. Improved browser
Bhavani Y: It improves browser performance.
Bhavani Y: It improves apps performance.
Bhavani Y: Improves stability and Improves usability of Input devices .

Basically, nothing I care about since it is being used as a computer monitor.

I did the samsung chat thing. They said the 1440 does this:

Bhavani Y: The benefits of the latest Firmware are:
Bhavani Y: 1. Improved Usability.
Bhavani Y: 2. Improved browser
Bhavani Y: It improves browser performance.
Bhavani Y: It improves apps performance.
Bhavani Y: Improves stability and Improves usability of Input devices .

Basically, nothing I care about since it is being used as a computer monitor.

Right on! :) I brought out my optiquest crt just to warm it up since I haven't touched it for like 3 yrs and Samsung tv is still so laggy input wise compared to the CRT. ....

Back