New Rebel Shots

Here's some old ones from Summer of last year that I came across and edited. Unfortunalty at the time I had no idea about placement and where to be for a good shot haha. I didn't quite realise that street light + long exposure = very bright...... Enjoy. :D

lightning9qa.jpg

lightning24kn.jpg

lightning30sk.jpg

Heh, the first two look like negatives due to the closeness of the light source and exposure but the way you edited that last one came out nice... Some kind of soft filter? It almost looks more CG-ish than photographic, cool though.

Emberghost said:
No you are right, it is a little different for each. I'm not familiar how to lock the exposure for multiple shots though on the rebel, any advice would be awesome. :D
See if you can use the Manual mode and make sure you get the exposure set correctly for the first shot (i'll go ahead and explain, even though you probably know how) by making sure that the 'exposure indiactor' in the viewfinder is centered on zero, or, if you want stronger 'night shot' effect, you can underexpose a stop or two. Use your aperature and shutter speeds to adjust the expsure. I suppose you can 'set up' this exposure level anywhere you want, so long as the camera's pointed somewhere inside the pano. Also, make sure you're using manual focus: this will keep things consistent between frames, and will help make the 'stiching' of the panorama together on the computer much easier. All you have to do is just make sure you don't change anything ('cept for the composition!) in between shots and you should be alright. I hope that helps. I know this was kinda long, but it's kinda late as well, so i'm not really thinking right now :).;

Impulse said:
Heh, the first two look like negatives due to the closeness of the light source and exposure but the way you edited that last one came out nice... Some kind of soft filter? It almost looks more CG-ish than photographic, cool though.

Thanks, the last one went through some noise reduction, so that's why it looks that way.

DatHak512 said:
See if you can use the Manual mode and make sure you get the exposure set correctly for the first shot (i'll go ahead and explain, even though you probably know how) by making sure that the 'exposure indiactor' in the viewfinder is centered on zero, or, if you want stronger 'night shot' effect, you can underexpose a stop or two. Use your aperature and shutter speeds to adjust the expsure. I suppose you can 'set up' this exposure level anywhere you want, so long as the camera's pointed somewhere inside the pano. Also, make sure you're using manual focus: this will keep things consistent between frames, and will help make the 'stiching' of the panorama together on the computer much easier. All you have to do is just make sure you don't change anything ('cept for the composition!) in between shots and you should be alright. I hope that helps. I know this was kinda long, but it's kinda late as well, so i'm not really thinking right now .;

Thanks, that makes sense, I'll have to try it more like that. :)

Back