New Rebel Shots

Tim_axe said:
I feel the same way when it comes to my 85mm f/1.8 vs. the kit lens - the 85 won't come off my rebel. I might get a 50mm f/1.8, but that focal length isn't as important to me as 70-200 will be. Right now I'm trying to figure out a way to afford a 70-200 f/2.8 Sigma in the future, but it may be a while. I might take the plunge for the 70-200 f/4.0L for the Triple Rebates, but right now I'm not completely sold on f/4 and spending nearly $600 up-front for it...

BTW, congrats on the [H] front page coverage :)

That's almost the exact same boat I'm in. I like the 85 more than the 50 cause I use the longer reach more, but the cost is what made me choose the 50. I would also love the sigma 70-200, unfortunatly I can't quite get myself to buy it because I can't justify its costs. $600 for a piece of glass is a ton when you're 16 heh.

Crazystick said:
neat stuff.. i wanna use some of these shots as my wallpaper... lol.. thanks..
laterz..

Glad ya like it.

:)

-----------------------------------------------------

Thank you all for the great comments and support for my stuff. This front page business really means a lot to me.

~ Adam

-----------------------------------------------------

great pictures there, though the first one in the fog really stood out... it looks like one of the scenes from Silent Hill or something...

creepy.

great work, though you make me want to start trying the same sort of thing :p

Crazystick said:
neat stuff.. i wanna use some of these shots as my wallpaper... lol.. thanks..

I second that... do you have any links to the full-rez/highest-quality pictures?

-SEAL

Beautiful stuff. Great work, love that forest photo.
Is it ok if I use that for a painting?
BobZ

Bobzchemist said:
Beautiful stuff. Great work, love that forest photo.
Is it ok if I use that for a painting?
BobZ

I'm pretty sure that photo that you are thinking of was posted by another user so I can't help ya, sorry.

wow.... those looks like some really nice locations to shoot.

I wish I had something like that around me... nothing really that great near Miami or Tampa.

What a pretty little girl, and no, not in some pervert way. :)

Although I'm no photog (although I am looking to buy a dig cam like this week), I guess it helps to have attractive models/subjects? I mean, even Scavullo or Ansel Adams couldn't make a bridge troll into a nice photo?

Tim_axe said:
I feel the same way when it comes to my 85mm f/1.8 vs. the kit lens - the 85 won't come off my rebel. I might get a 50mm f/1.8, but that focal length isn't as important to me as 70-200 will be. Right now I'm trying to figure out a way to afford a 70-200 f/2.8 Sigma in the future, but it may be a while. I might take the plunge for the 70-200 f/4.0L for the Triple Rebates, but right now I'm not completely sold on f/4 and spending nearly $600 up-front for it...

BTW, congrats on the [H] front page coverage :)

well yeah
the kit lens it just good for cheap wide angle shots when you are not trying to be artistic

anyway i went through and I get a 20d + kit and 50mm 1.4 lens

Here's 3 new ones I took after I got home in this rainy weather. What do you all think of this simple border? I kinda like it, and will attach my name and copyright to the bottom.

drop42od.jpg

drop59nf.jpg

garden1ie.jpg

I like those pics. I wish I had stuff that looked like that in miami.

well I do like the border (I use same one except red outline instead of white)

im really feeling the water.

AnG31-0f-d347h said:
I wish I had stuff that looked like that in miami.
That kind of stuff is all around you. Keep looking, you'll find it. :)

Post pictures when you do. ;)

HorsePunchKid said:
That kind of stuff is all around you. Keep looking, you'll find it. :)

Post pictures when you do. ;)

dude... if I find something that green... ill post it

everything has this sick... off brown color.

I have a lot of spare change laying around, and that really makes me want to do something with it (aside from hoarding it). But I don't want to steal your awesome paperclip man idea, so I'll have to think of something creative...hrm...

BTW, I use a frame almost exactly like that. Except that I haven't settled on a definite size for the white border. It is a simple but very usable frame in my opinion.

Quick border/printing question if you don't mind: Do you prefer to have a constant border size (cropping image for say 3.75:5.75), or do you stretch the border's tops/sides to keep the picture proportional with the printing ratio?

Thanks.

Tim_axe said:
I have a lot of spare change laying around, and that really makes me want to do something with it (aside from hoarding it).
Here's some more inspiration. :D
P9015072_penny_tower_sm.jpg

And a short, somewhat crappy video (3MB).

Emberghost said:
Wow that's really cool, how long did it take?
I don't really remember; it was one of those things you sort of spread over several days so as to not feel bad wasting time on it. :) It probably would have taken only an hour or two if I'd sat down and done it all at once.

Well congrats on the neat idea and picture. You know you can't stop now don't you haha. Keep building it up and see how tall ya can get it, then the aftermath of the "last" one. :p

Emberghost said:
Or do what I do and reverse the colors...But I do love B&W too haha.

heh.. that's funny, cuz i just started experimenting with inverted colors myself :)

What the heck, might as well keep this thread going! On the topic of inverted colors, this is one of my favorites:

DSCF5976_moths_inverted_dt.jpg

HorsePunchKid said:
What the heck, might as well keep this thread going! On the topic of inverted colors, this is one of my favorites:

DSCF5976_moths_inverted_dt.jpg

I really like that. For one I had to really look at it to see what was goin on. I like having to think. :p

This is my newest on this cold dark rainy day.

Anticipation

lego3sr.jpg

Emberghost said:
IAnticipation

lego3sr.jpg

Hey you might want to check out this program called Neat Image

it would really make that picture look really clean... my eyes are bad... but... the noise could go :p and make it a much nicer picture... what was that camera shot with and at what settings?

Last night when the rain stopped I went up to the hills and got these 3 shots. The panorama really impressed me, you guys like or no.

sunset44ga.jpg

sunset52rt.jpg

panorama40bg.jpg

And here are some more random ones.

window4es.jpg

trees42po.jpg

squirel3sp.jpg

dew4fo.jpg

water227qs.jpg

For the pano I used my Canon 50mm 1.8, it is 4 shots stitched together.

Shooting Mode
Landscape
Tv( Shutter Speed )
Av( Aperture Value )
Metering Mode
Evaluative
Exposure Compensation
ISO Speed
Lens
50.0 mm
Focal Length
50.0 mm
Image Size
3072x2048
Image Quality
Fine

That second night panorama looks awesome, you take a tripod up there to shoot it or was it handheld?

Impulse said:
That second night panorama looks awesome, you take a tripod up there to shoot it or was it handheld?

Tripod, I don't mess around with night shots without one haha.

Man you get some nice skys down there! I've seen nothing but grey for months :(

Nice pics!

Some really great panorama shots of the the sky but I think I can see different grades of contrast throughout the right to left of the picture. It just may mean that the exposure is not set and it is using different exposures in some of the shots. Just something to cheek on. Could just be natural too since the sun does set really fast in some places.

No you are right, it is a little different for each. I'm not familiar how to lock the exposure for multiple shots though on the rebel, any advice would be awesome. :D

Back