New Rebel Shots

Emberghost

Gawd
*NEW PICS PAGE 5 1-17-05*

Today is one month since I bought my 300D, and I have been lovin every minute of it. Hope you all like my new shots.

eye95uy.jpg

light7hd.jpg

panorama23pa.jpg

ridge27ki.jpg

wheat5tq.jpg

sign1fh.jpg

angeleyes5il.jpg

fountain3hp.jpg

happyface6ac.jpg

good stuff! the third image (the one with the fence and END sign) is my favorite. The lighting, tone and composition come together to define the mood perfectly.

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you for looking. I am glad you like them and I agree about the one with the end sign. :)

nice pix, the third to last image, the black and white one of the child at the drinking fountain, looks JUST like the drinking fountain with teh same looking park behind as one i have been to, in santa barbara :O?

In the second set, the sillouette of the tree looks awesome. I love the colors.

I haven't shot much wide-angle yet because my 85mm is firmly attached to my Rebel in dim gyms. I think I have even fewer shots at ISO 100 than I have shots at 18mm... :p

Have fun.

wow, that last picture of the last set is REALLY nice.

I want a Canon Digital Rebel so bad... :eek:

Agreed... that last pic, the drop... really cool, kinda reminded me of "The Galaxy is on Orion's Belt" :D LoL

Thanks everyone, glad you like them. I too am surprised by the kit lens quality and ability to take "macro" shots. :)

Beautiful. Just beautiful. I want a D70, but a Digital Rebel would be nice too :D

ive got a canon d150, dont know how to do those kinds of effects.

my uncle in a photographer, so ive seen lots of pictures, but even so i gotta say that those are some pretty good ones bro. keep the good work up, i bet that you could make a living being a photographer, that is of course assuming that you arent already a proffesional.

Do you have the nic effects filter package for photoshop? Alot of those look like digitally filtered. Which is the way I like'm. :D

morning_time_in_the_woods.jpg

Rooster said:
Do you have the nic effects filter package for photoshop? Alot of those look like digitally filtered. Which is the way I like'm. :D

got a link to that package?

ive seen your sig before, but it bothers me, what exactly happened on june 9, 2003? ive been wondering that one for awhile.

oh, that's when i graduated from college ;b since then i've had a lot more free time to sleep

Hyper_Psycho said:
care to elaborate on this one
what lens did you use ... what fstop etc ...

I used a Canon 50mm 1.8 prime on my 300D.

Camera Model Name
Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL
Shooting Date/Time
12/29/2004 1:56:24 AM
Shooting Mode
Aperture-Priority AE
Tv( Shutter Speed )
1/1000
Av( Aperture Value )
Metering Mode
Evaluative
Exposure Compensation
ISO Speed
Lens
50.0mm
Focal Length
50.0mm
Image Size
3072x2048
Image Quality
Fine
Flash
Off
White Balance
Auto
AF Mode
AI Focus AF
Parameters
Contrast Normal
Sharpness Normal
Color saturation Normal
Color tone Normal
Color Space
sRGB
File Size
2082KB
Drive Mode
Single-frame shooting

Emberghost said:
I used a Canon 50mm 1.8 prime on my 300D.

Camera Model Name
Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL
Shooting Date/Time
12/29/2004 1:56:24 AM
Shooting Mode
Aperture-Priority AE
Tv( Shutter Speed )
1/1000
Av( Aperture Value )
Metering Mode
Evaluative
Exposure Compensation
ISO Speed
Lens
50.0mm
Focal Length
50.0mm
Image Size
3072x2048
Image Quality
Fine
Flash
Off
White Balance
Auto
AF Mode
AI Focus AF
Parameters
Contrast Normal
Sharpness Normal
Color saturation Normal
Color tone Normal
Color Space
sRGB
File Size
2082KB
Drive Mode
Single-frame shooting
coolness.... 400 iso and no noise to be found .. .well done
hope to see some more

Hyper_Psycho said:
coolness.... 400 iso and no noise to be found .. .well done
hope to see some more

Thank you very much. I took a look at your work and I really like the way you use lego characters and your techniques with light.

Emberghost said:
Thank you very much. I took a look at your work and I really like the way you use lego characters and your techniques with light.

Thanks...
how do you like the kit lens ?
Do you perfer you 50 mm to it ?

Emberghost said:
Excuse me for my lack of intelligence but what front page? :confused:
There are some really nice pictures by Emberghost taken with his Digital Rebel over in the Photography Hobby forum.

right there, cool pics as always too.

and ive been wondering about fugus sig for a while too lol

Hey, great shots. The Digital Rebel is my first DSLR and i freakin' love it. What a great camera. You've got a good eye, this is true. I just ordered a 100mm Canon macro.... :drool: so hopefuly that will come in soon. I'll share some of those shots with you all when i can. I'll check you out on dA when i get a chance, i probably won't get around to it tonight, but anyway, keep up the shooting!

Posted by Sean 9:05 PM (CST) ...There are some really nice pictures by Emberghost taken with his Digital Rebel over in the Photography Hobby forum.
Congratulations! :)

Hyper_Psycho said:
Thanks...
how do you like the kit lens ?
Do you perfer you 50 mm to it ?

The kit is nice if you are coming from a lower camera or just want a cheap walk around lens. But after using my new 50mm, the kit hasn't been on since. Been about 2 weeks too. The 50 is much sharper and faster, although both focus the same.

Both are great for the money. =]

When I was asked to pick out a macro lens here at work, I was very hesitant to get a 50mm prime. It seemed like you'd lose so much flexibility with a fixed focal length, and with an "in between" length like 50mm, it would lead to some boring shots. How wrong I was! The Sigma 50mm macro we got is incredibly sharp and quite fast, especially compared to the rather cheap zoom tele we have. It's by far my favorite lens (so far ;)), and it seems like a bargain at $250.

Emberghost said:
The kit is nice if you are coming from a lower camera or just want a cheap walk around lens. But after using my new 50mm, the kit hasn't been on since. Been about 2 weeks too. The 50 is much sharper and faster, although both focus the same.

Both are great for the money. =]

I feel the same way when it comes to my 85mm f/1.8 vs. the kit lens - the 85 won't come off my rebel. I might get a 50mm f/1.8, but that focal length isn't as important to me as 70-200 will be. Right now I'm trying to figure out a way to afford a 70-200 f/2.8 Sigma in the future, but it may be a while. I might take the plunge for the 70-200 f/4.0L for the Triple Rebates, but right now I'm not completely sold on f/4 and spending nearly $600 up-front for it...

BTW, congrats on the [H] front page coverage :)

neat stuff.. i wanna use some of these shots as my wallpaper... lol.. thanks..
laterz..

Back