• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New Mass Effect Game

I didn't see either of those. I don't care for the games. Why would I care for shows based on them? I'm concerned because of Rings of Power. That's an abomination and they keep doubling down on the wokeness. I've no faith in them to adapt Mass Effect into a decent TV show. Especially not if BioWare has anything to do with it. We'll basically get Dragon Age The Veilguard in space if they have their way.

Fallout is okay. There certainly is a bit of that push but it wasn't as forced, but it is there. I also think the humor wasn't quite on point, it was "gamer blunt", like what you'd hear in a chat room. But that is not how Fallout's humor was. That is a best case scenario. I think they will screw it up though.

what does Rings of Power have to do with a new ME TV series?...it's not the same showrunner or directors or writers...every project on Amazon is not the same...that's like saying everything on HBO is going to be amazing because it's the same network that had Sopranos, The Wire and Game of Thrones

Most companies are run top down. I assume most of Amazon's shows will get approved by the same people, and have the same requirements, and try and target the same audiences, etc. Most of HBO's shows I've seen were more authentic in feel. As such I would trust them more with a faithful adaptation though I have only watched their military/historic shows like Masters of the Air, The Pacific, Band of Brothers, Chernobyl and whatnot. They do seem to be more interested in creating authentic settings. Amazon and Netflix less so.
 
Last edited:
what does Rings of Power have to do with a new ME TV series?...it's not the same showrunner or directors or writers...every project on Amazon is not the same...that's like saying everything on HBO is going to be amazing because it's the same network that had Sopranos, The Wire and Game of Thrones
Yes, because Rings of Power and Wheel of Time were such amazing shows that everyone watched them and clamored for more.

The only good shows on Amazon have been ones made by a third party that Amazon purchased the rights to or funded but had little or no say in them. Anything made directly by Amazon has been shit.
 
what does Rings of Power have to do with a new ME TV series?...it's not the same showrunner or directors or writers...every project on Amazon is not the same...that's like saying everything on HBO is going to be amazing because it's the same network that had Sopranos, The Wire and Game of Thrones
You just can't connect dots can you?
 
Last edited:
Yes, because Rings of Power and Wheel of Time were such amazing shows that everyone watched them and clamored for more.

The only good shows on Amazon have been ones made by a third party that Amazon purchased the rights to or funded but had little or no say in them. Anything made directly by Amazon has been shit.

there's plenty of excellent Original series on Prime Video- The Boys, The Expanse, Invincible etc...there's plenty of bad ones too...same as every streaming service
 
there's plenty of excellent Original series on Prime Video- The Boys, The Expanse, Invincible etc...there's plenty of bad ones too...same as every streaming service
The Expanse was on the Syfy channel the first 3 seasons.
After they cancelled it, Amazon acquired it and than made the last 3 seasons.

Original series it was not.
 
The Expanse was on the Syfy channel the first 3 seasons.
After they cancelled it, Amazon acquired it and than made the last 3 seasons.

Original series it was not.

I realize that...but when it moved to Amazon the budget increased and they added 4K HDR support...my point was that there are a bunch of good series on every streaming platform (and not so good ones)...to name Wheel of Time and Rings of Power and leave the argument there is not accurate...that has nothing to do with the new Mass Effect series...different writers, actors, showrunner etc...if they shared some of the same writers across those other shows I could see the point but there's zero similarity outside of it being on the same streaming platform

that's like comparing The Sopranos or True Detective Season 1 with Arliss...they share nothing in common outside of them being on HBO
 
I realize that...but when it moved to Amazon the budget increased and they added 4K HDR support...my point was that there are a bunch of good series on every streaming platform (and not so good ones)...to name Wheel of Time and Rings of Power and leave the argument there is not accurate...that has nothing to do with the new Mass Effect series...different writers, actors, showrunner etc...if they shared some of the same writers across those other shows I could see the point but there's zero similarity outside of it being on the same streaming platform

that's like comparing The Sopranos or True Detective Season 1 with Arliss...they share nothing in common outside of them being on HBO
I'll make it clearer for you. I'm skeptical about all video game adaptations to film and television. Such adaptations have a very poor track record. I'm also skeptical about most modern entertainment as Hollywood and the AAA game industry has made it a point to push identity politics over telling good stories or providing good interactive experiences.
 
I realize that...but when it moved to Amazon the budget increased and they added 4K HDR support...my point was that there are a bunch of good series on every streaming platform (and not so good ones)...to name Wheel of Time and Rings of Power and leave the argument there is not accurate...that has nothing to do with the new Mass Effect series...different writers, actors, showrunner etc...if they shared some of the same writers across those other shows I could see the point but there's zero similarity outside of it being on the same streaming platform

that's like comparing The Sopranos or True Detective Season 1 with Arliss...they share nothing in common outside of them being on HBO
The decisions on Amazon produced shows all come from the exact same person. At the moment I can't think of her name but she's screwed up practically everything Amazon touches. She greenlit and picked who would run Rings of Power. An IP that if done even somewhat correct will print money. Her decisions created one of the worst atrocities in history as well as the biggest financial loss in history for TV and movies.

This is not someone I want anywhere near Mass Effect or any other movie or show. There is absolutely no way in hell she would be capable of keeping her activist hands off the story and lore and in the process would ruin it.
 
The decisions on Amazon produced shows all come from the exact same person. At the moment I can't think of her name but she's screwed up practically everything Amazon touches

Jennifer Salke

and no she hasn't screwed everything Amazon touches- The Boys, Invincible, Reacher, Legend of Vox Machina, Bosch etc
 
Jennifer Salke

and no she hasn't screwed everything Amazon touches- The Boys, Invincible, Reacher, Legend of Vox Machina, Bosch etc
You obviously don't have a clue, even after it has been explained to you, how things work at Amazon and most other streaming services. I used specific words with specific examples for a reason.

Like the vast majority of stuff on Amazon that doesn't suck, Amazon didn't make it. Another production company made it.
 
You obviously don't have a clue, even after it has been explained to you, how things work at Amazon and most other streaming services. I used specific words with specific examples for a reason.

Like the vast majority of stuff on Amazon that doesn't suck, Amazon didn't make it. Another production company made it.

you have no clue how things work and your Rings of Power hate has clouded your judgement...I gave you multiple examples of Amazon originals produced by Amazon and you still continue to go on some rant...knowledge is power...Rings of Power is one of Amazon's highest rated Original series (ratings dropped in Season 2 compared to the first season) so I hope it continues on for 5 seasons to really get your blood boiling
 
you have no clue how things work and your Rings of Power hate has clouded your judgement...I gave you multiple examples of Amazon originals produced by Amazon and you still continue to go on some rant...knowledge is power...Rings of Power is one of Amazon's highest rated Original series (ratings dropped in Season 2 compared to the first season) so I hope it continues on for 5 seasons to really get your blood boiling
The ME series is being written by Daniel Casey. That is all I need to know that it is going to be terrible.
 
you have no clue how things work and your Rings of Power hate has clouded your judgement...I gave you multiple examples of Amazon originals produced by Amazon and you still continue to go on some rant...knowledge is power...Rings of Power is one of Amazon's highest rated Original series (ratings dropped in Season 2 compared to the first season) so I hope it continues on for 5 seasons to really get your blood boiling
I already explained it to you, the only successful shows on Amazon were made by someone else but licensed and in some cases paid by Amazon. Amazon didn't make them and had no role in their creation. This is a fact. 100% fact.

Rings of Power is the most disastrous show in the history of the world. This is a 100% fact. It was spearheaded by Jennifer Salke and is exactly what she wanted. It lost about 2/3 of the audience between the first episode and last episode of season 1. This is 100% fact. The vast majority of people who noped out of season 1 didn't come back for season 2. This is 100% fact. The ratings for season 2 dropped massively between the first and last episodes. This is 100% fact.

You know what else is a fact? Amazon still hasn't announced a third season of the show. They announced it would be a five season show and yet there hasn't been a single word out whether there will even be a season 3 because it was so terrible.

I will reiterate; I don't want Amazon anywhere near Mass Effect. Amazon will DIE it and destroy it just as they did with Rings of Power.
 
You know what else is a fact? Amazon still hasn't announced a third season of the show. They announced it would be a five season show and yet there hasn't been a single word out whether there will even be a season 3 because it was so terrible

I 100% guarantee there will be a Season 3 of Rings of Power...
 
yup viewership is really suffering...it's only a drop based on the incredible ratings for Season 1...despite that the series is a huge success for Amazon and any streaming platform would love to get these numbers

‘The Rings of Power’ Season 2 Reaches 55 Million Viewers in One Month

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/the-rings-of-power-season-2-ratings-viewers-1236139568/
If you want to die on the hill of trash that is Rings of Power, go for it. It's not going to help you or your argument. I'll repeat it again, Rings of Power is the most disastrous and biggest flop in the history of shows. That's a 100% fact.
 
a new Mass Effect I will buy if it's a good game...I was never a Dragon Age fan so I never planned on getting that one...but Mass Effect is on another level...hopefully it looks as good as STALKER 2
 
I've chosen not to preorder any game any more. Too many times with being burned bad...
I mean I haven’t been burnt lately on pre orders as I usually am able to refund the really bad ones and also very selectively pre order games. Veilguard is definitely playable and I will most likely finish it but ME Andromeda wasn’t good enough.
 
I mean I haven’t been burnt lately on pre orders as I usually am able to refund the really bad ones and also very selectively pre order games. Veilguard is definitely playable and I will most likely finish it but ME Andromeda wasn’t good enough.
I enjoyed MEA pretty well after they fully patched it but the characters & dialog fell flat. Exploration ended too soon & the protagonists didn't feel alien or overwhelmingly powerful.
 
I enjoyed MEA pretty well after they fully patched it but the characters & dialog fell flat. Exploration ended too soon & the protagonists didn't feel alien or overwhelmingly powerful.
I still never have gotten around to playing it. I got it on sale, I am such a sucker for those, but still haven't loaded it up. ME3 ruined the series for me pretty hardcore and lots of people seem to say the same thing you do that MEA isn't BAD, but the characters/story are just not very well done.
 
I still never have gotten around to playing it. I got it on sale, I am such a sucker for those, but still haven't loaded it up. ME3 ruined the series for me pretty hardcore and lots of people seem to say the same thing you do that MEA isn't BAD, but the characters/story are just not very well done.
I got my copy of MEA for dirt cheap with everything included. Despite ME3's bad ending, I do agree that the DLC after made it better. It could have been similar with DLC for MEA since it still had potential & I had a major addiction to exploring what I could.
 
  • Like
Reactions: M76
like this
I got my copy of MEA for dirt cheap with everything included. Despite ME3's bad ending, I do agree that the DLC after made it better. It could have been similar with DLC for MEA since it still had potential & I had a major addiction to exploring what I could.
Absolutely no DLC could have fixed the problems with ME:A. It couldn't fix bland characters or the attempted open world nature of the game. The open world nature of the game made it too cumbersome with boring, time wasting activities to inflate playtime. That is an integral part of the game. It needed to have a tight, focused story which built up and maintained suspense instead meandering plotlines making the game feel as if there were no time constraints.

Despite having interesting combat mechanics I would like to mess around with I will not play the game a second time due to how long it takes to play through it. I've played through ME 1-3 more times than I can remember because the three had a much more narrative focused gameplay.
 
Absolutely no DLC could have fixed the problems with ME:A. It couldn't fix bland characters or the attempted open world nature of the game. The open world nature of the game made it too cumbersome with boring, time wasting activities to inflate playtime. That is an integral part of the game. It needed to have a tight, focused story which built up and maintained suspense instead meandering plotlines making the game feel as if there were no time constraints.

Despite having interesting combat mechanics I would like to mess around with I will not play the game a second time due to how long it takes to play through it. I've played through ME 1-3 more times than I can remember because the three had a much more narrative focused gameplay.
Made better, not fixed. I'm a huge exploration fan unless its just a continuous amounts of nothingness & dumb collectibles.
 
Absolutely no DLC could have fixed the problems with ME:A. It couldn't fix bland characters or the attempted open world nature of the game.
The biggest problem of the game was the pacing imo, and that could've been fixed by patches even, had they not abandoned support for the game. Instead of dozens of missions being all unlocked at the same time at certain story moments they should've became available organically. The bad AI that wasn't able to handle open areas could also have been fixed. The cumbersome upgrade / research system also fixable.

The only real annoying story issue for me was the non-confrontational main protagonist, that's not something you can easily patch away, but if the rest is good it is tolerable and can be partially explained by starting as a rookie instead of established war hero.
The open world nature of the game made it too cumbersome with boring, time wasting activities to inflate playtime.
While this can be applied to Dragon Age Inqusition I don't think it is true for ME:A, I enjoyed doing the activities in it, so it rarely felt like time wasting.
That is an integral part of the game. It needed to have a tight, focused story which built up and maintained suspense instead meandering plotlines making the game feel as if there were no time constraints.
Many games suffer from this cognitive dissonance of the narrative being time sensitive while you have tons of optional side activities, including the original Mass Effect. The issue with ME:A is that the bad pacing makes it more obvious.
I've played through ME 1-3 more times than I can remember because the three had a much more narrative focused gameplay.
There is no doubt that those games are superior, but ME:A is still a solid 7/10 that I'd not have wanted to miss.
 
Found a screenshot. I am calling this a shit stirrer or troll with the way it was written.

1734360669707.png


It looks like the account in question deleted all of their prior submissions and comments prior to posting this thread.

1734360821661.png


So, yes, I am calling bullshit.
 
I'd still like to stay positive and hope they are trying hard to right the ship but I feel like EA know this will under perform and they spent too much money/time on it to cancel and restart. Will probably be the nail in the coffin for the series.
 
The only thing good out of all this is that I am glad this kind of nonsense is being removed before release. I didn’t have problems with Veilguard but I can see why gamers did. It wasn’t required and the same character could’ve been written in 1000 different ways to make the game successful. Choosing this path clearly showed this is not what the gamers want
 
Back
Top