New Lian Li PC-V354 m.atx case : Specification & Feature

Bad news gents. Looks like the 140mm fan is blocking the rear 120mm fan from an h70 installation...i just opened it up and will post pics later tonight of the build.

AbraxasAvatar2.jpg

Please disregard that last posted image. I was playing around with it, which included a comparison of that file size and how it appears against my mobile phone size pictures mistakes of the Lian Li PC-V354. I will shortly have it edited out a little later.

Cheers!

Bad news gents. Looks like the 140mm fan is blocking the rear 120mm fan from an h70 installation...i just opened it up and will post pics later tonight of the build.

That wouldn't be that much of an inconvenience. I would rather place the H70 push-pull fans in the bottom front anyways in order to have a possibly more effective/efficient airflow (e.g., air would ingress from front of the case where it would flow to the rear and then this heated air would rise up to egress out via the top rearward positioned fan in addition to the optional fan placement above the PSU). My new pics would help in showing how the H70 could be fitted in the lower front of the case.

IMAGE_041.jpg

IMAGE_042.jpg

IMAGE_043.jpg

IMAGE_044.jpg

IMAGE_045.jpg

IMAGE_046.jpg

IMAGE_047.jpg

IMAGE_048.jpg

IMAGE_049.jpg

IMAGE_050.jpg

IMAGE_051.jpg

IMAGE_052.jpg

IMAGE_053.jpg

IMAGE_054.jpg

IMAGE_055.jpg

IMAGE_056.jpg

IMAGE_057.jpg

IMAGE_058.jpg

IMAGE_059.jpg

IMAGE_060.jpg

IMAGE_061.jpg

IMAGE_062.jpg

IMAGE_063.jpg

To be continued in my next post.

great pics! Can't wait to see someone throw a build with the h70/h50 integrated. Looks like the front fans should have plenty of space, assuming that 2nd (bottom) HDD cage can be removed independently.

Here are a few more pics of my Lian Li PC-V354A PC case posted below.

IMAGE_064.jpg

IMAGE_065.jpg

IMAGE_066.jpg

IMAGE_067.jpg

IMAGE_068.jpg

IMAGE_069.jpg

IMAGE_070.jpg

IMAGE_071.jpg

IMAGE_072.jpg

IMAGE_073.jpg

IMAGE_074.jpg

IMAGE_075.jpg

IMAGE_076.jpg

IMAGE_077.jpg

IMAGE_078.jpg

IMAGE_079.jpg

The next three pics show the top of the case.

IMAGE_080.jpg

IMAGE_081.jpg

IMAGE_082.jpg

And a few more pics showing various details.

IMAGE_083.jpg

IMAGE_084.jpg

Some pics showing the rails for placement of the Power Supply. Personally, I'm thinking of installing the Corsair HX850W Modular Power Supply to take advantage of the 80 Plus Silver rating where the PSU could achieve up to 90% energy-efficiency and also providing enough power when I eventually add an Nvidia GTX 460 1GB (for the CUDA & PhysX features) to my XFX HD 5850 used as the primary GPU for rendering.

IMAGE_085.jpg

IMAGE_086.jpg

IMAGE_087.jpg

IMAGE_088.jpg

IMAGE_089.jpg

IMAGE_090.jpg

IMAGE_091.jpg

IMAGE_092.jpg

IMAGE_093.jpg

At this point, the pics will show the pieces to the Modular Hard Drive cages being slowly put back into the case.

IMAGE_094.jpg

IMAGE_095.jpg

IMAGE_096.jpg

IMAGE_097.jpg

IMAGE_098.jpg

IMAGE_099.jpg

IMAGE_100.jpg

IMAGE_101.jpg

IMAGE_102.jpg

IMAGE_103.jpg

IMAGE_104.jpg

And the last few pics display a little more detail of various rearward sections of the case.

Overall, the Lian Li PC-V354 is a nicely built all aluminum case with logically designed & useful features and will be perfect for my custom PC that I'm putting together. The major thing that maybe a concern in the future is the fact that one could easily scratch the nice aluminum - silver exterior and interior finish if you're not careful when building your PC. I suspect this issue would also apply to the black and red versions of the case as well. Cheers!

IMAGE_105.jpg

IMAGE_106.jpg

IMAGE_107.jpg

thanks for the pics! looks real good. hoping to see some worklogs for those who have the cas already. kinda effy on the PSU placement. I have the msi cyclone GTX 460 with that massive fan so a bit worried the PSU might get in the way.

What is the bracket in the middle HDD cage? 2.5" hot-swap bays or something? Did that come with the case?

Does the rear fan controller have any 4 pin fan headers?

NewPC006.jpg

Busted in on both sides. LUCKLY there was no damage to the case :eek:

NewPC012.jpg

clean.

NewPC019.jpg

naked.

NewPC023.jpg

SFF are a pain to cable manage. I learned the H70 will not fit without modding. I will continue to post as my build progresses.

When you say the H70 won't fit w/o modding, is that just on the back? Will it fit on the top or front mounts w/o modding?

Also what is the point of a dust filter on the 140mm? Isn't that one set to exhaust?

Can a 5970 fit? And a NH-D14?

Any video card will fit in terms of length if you remove the bottom HDD cage, there is 350mm of length. I'm not away of any graphics card that long. You have to beware of video heatsinks that stick past the top of the card though, as there is only a small gap to the PSU.

The NH-D14 should fit on some motherboards. It depends on the placement of the CPU socket (if it is too low down the board, the PSU will be in the way)

http://www.lian-li.com/v2/tw/product/upload/image/v354/flyer.html

Seems the two front fans have filters. Might be a bit of negative pressure in that case which would mean dust.

There are 3. 2 on the 120's in front and 1 on the 140 on top.

Thanks. Looks like cable management will be a nightmare with this case. One of these should help.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811995037

Will the H50 fit without modding?

That's a lot of pictures. :)

@xcrico
It was nice meeting you! I hope your new case is coming along splendidly. Now that I think about it, you might have been the first consumer in the world to get it. :cool:

@sushiwithwasabi
I'm really glad you got your silver one in good working order. UPS hasn't failed me yet! It seems you're much better with eBay than I am. Why didn't I think of that? Oh yeah, thanks for the rating again. ;)

@CJRP
Don't worry, I'd be paranoid too. If you still want, I can still take pictures, though my warehouse is very messy! :D

@Jbrow215
Whew. It looks like everything turned out okay. Thank goodness for the foam. :eek:

the only problem is, there is no where to reroute them :O I like the case though :D

I'm planning on doing a build in this case myself, waited for feedback here then purchased from phantom on ebay too..

I recently did a build with the ASUS P6X58D Premium, Intel 930 @ 4.2ghz and Noctua NH-D14, I was hoping to do something similar in this case.

I'm planning on getting the:
ASUS Rampage lll Gene Motherboard

But am toying with either the 930 or the 950.. The 930 worked out well before, but the 950 is about the same price now, but i've no idea about its caperbilities in this mobo.

Any Suggestions? Also I'm still not 100% sure the Noctua NH-D14 will fit, anyone know for sure?

Cheers.

just because there is noplace to put the cable doesn't mean they have to be a rats nest. Personally I have never bothered with cable routing behind the board & in all the other fancy places that make to run cables now. I just always make them neat & run them along an edge.

then again I am a Lian Li guy so since they don't have that fancy shit that may be why.. But you can still make it neat & pretty.

so still trying to figure out if a Noctua NH-D14 will fit the case and teh Rampage Gene III mobo.

Here is my rough sketch of positioning:
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/5844/pccasefit.jpg

Problem is I dunno quite where the CPU mount sits so hard to be sure it'll fit.. I've a feeling we're out of luck.

It depends, if the cooler+fan=114mm then yes. but if the heatsink alone is 114mm it won't fit with the 25mm fan on top.

You have roughly 5 inches from cpu to PSU. I just got a geminii s because my measurements told me no.

It depends, if the cooler+fan=114mm then yes. but if the heatsink alone is 114mm it won't fit with the 25mm fan on top.

You have roughly 5 inches from cpu to PSU. I just got a geminii s because my measurements told me no.

I am using a MASSCOOL 8WA743 cooler on a Core i7 965. My idle temps are 42-47C, and playing L4D2 it stays around 55-60C. It's running stock though. Just in case anyone was wondering.

PerformancePCs is a very good company to deal with. I have bought some things from them in the past. They don't always have the lowest prices though so if this case gets a wide distribution you could probably find it cheaper somewhere else on a sale. However, they will do modding for you at a reasonable price which most places won't. :)

I never cared for the earlier 3xx models Lian-Li offered but this one really has my interest. I wish I had the money for a new build. I'd like to try building one with this case. It looks like it would make a sweet SFF gaming case. Oh well, I'll just have to watch what others do with theirs. Show lots of pics, guys.

You have roughly 5 inches from CPU to PSU. I just got a geminii s because my measurements told me no.

Thanks Jbrow. I was planning on removing the 140mm fan from the case and either positioning the Noctua so its 140mm fan was at that end.. or rotating it 90 degrees so that it just pushed out the rear vents.

From what you say, it does sound just tooo tight to fit it. I've a feeling it'll hit the PSU or the case top. The Noctua Dimensions are:
140 wide x 158mm deep
or
140wide x 130mm deep (with the 140mm dismounted)
it can rotated any way.

Can you tell me how far the CPU mount is roughly from the top of the case? I can figure out the space from there I think.

Thanks Jbrow. I was planning on removing the 140mm fan from the case and either positioning the Noctua so its 140mm fan was at that end.. or rotating it 90 degrees so that it just pushed out the rear vents.

From what you say, it does sound just tooo tight to fit it. I've a feeling it'll hit the PSU or the case top. The Noctua Dimensions are:
140 wide x 158mm deep
or
140wide x 130mm deep (with the 140mm dismounted)
it can rotated any way.

Can you tell me how far the CPU mount is roughly from the top of the case? I can figure out the space from there I think.

its roughly 65mm from the top of the case.

Back