New Lian Li PC-V354 m.atx case : Specification & Feature

I'm not sure a horizontal cooler is the best option in this case... see why I went with a Noctua NH-U9B SE2.

14tauj7.png

Notice how fresh air from front fans get to the heatsink fan (hard to see) pushing air through it which is then expulsed at the top where the exhaust fan on top of case catch all of it and push outside. I could have added a second fan on the heatsink but being too close the the exhaust fan on top would not help I think.

The picture is not up tp date as I don't have the HDD cage anymore. I'm now using a single SSD hidden in a crack just below the Blu-Ray.

Going horizontal would push the hot down or up which mean everywhere and only some of it would be catched by the exhaust fan on top of the case. Unless maybe you push air up and add a second exhaust fan on the back, missing in this picture as not needed.

Also, it's important to use a video card with a blower and external exhaust! I tried a Twin Frozr III and it was the horror... again for the same reason as above, the blower will catch fresh air coming to it and exhaust it right outside of the case.

Hope this help.

Not that it is likely to be of interest to anyone, given the age of case, but who knows...

Here are pics of my water cooling loop I've just built into (and on top of) the v354 lian li case, after many years of air cooling.

It goes to show you how flexible this wonderful case is.

The radiator is the Aquacomputer airplex 280.

Cheers!

Lcmt04.jpg

LeERYA.jpg

1x5RTC.jpg

AorWvl.jpg

Back