New extra large -bigadv on Beta

It wasn't long ago that 1 million was a big milestone. Now one WU is worth 0.5 million.

Well, both units landed a few hours ago for half a million each - lucky KMac scores a million point update. lol :D

Is that a record for [H]?

original.jpg

HFM not counting upload time was predicting 1,058,000 credit, and actual was 1,056,368, so that is pretty good - both took 28 mins to upload, (4 mins of that was overlapping). This is on ADSL with Annex M that achieves160kB per sec actual.

(Speedtest says 14.62 Mbps down, 1.26 Mbps up)

Well, both units landed a few hours ago for half a million each - lucky KMac scores a million point update. lol :D

Is that a record for [H]?

original.jpg

HFM not counting upload time was predicting 1,058,000 credit, and actual was 1,056,368, so that is pretty good - both took 28 mins to upload, (4 mins of that was overlapping). This is on ADSL with Annex M that achieves160kB per sec actual.

(Speedtest says 14.62 Mbps down, 1.26 Mbps up)

Can't wait for mine to drop.:D

I can only imagine the disheartening effect this will have on people folding SMP or GPU. While the science is always the driver, it is going to hurt using the same amount of power to get at most 1/10th the ppd.:rolleyes:

Can't wait for mine to drop.:D

I can only imagine the disheartening effect this will have on people folding SMP or GPU. While the science is always the driver, it is going to hurt using the same amount of power to get at most 1/10th the ppd.:rolleyes:

I agree.

With the top 10% of the team I could also see this sparking an arms race all over again. Something similar to the SR-2 introduction.

Oddly, the arms race will probably include SR-2 builds again.

And of course, the recently fixed 2684 suddenly looks a lot more anaemic again, I guess we will still have incentive for people to dump WU sadly. And I never thought it possible for someone to scoop a 6901 and say bugger. :p

Here is the spread possible on one rig:

Unit PPD
6903 337,000
6900 201,000
2685 174,000
2684 108,000
6701 56,700
60XX 95,000

Glad the 6701s are retired, or else there would be a 6x spread ;)

Looks like I missed a lot of excitement over the weekend. It may have been covered, but I don't want to shift through 9 pages right now. I am assuming that you need to use the latest V7 Linux cilent to get this? Any idea when it might become available for Windows? The points i'm seeing you guys get with these new Linux superbigbeta units are insane and make regular SMP look just stupid.

Looks like I missed a lot of excitement over the weekend. It may have been covered, but I don't want to shift through 9 pages right now. I am assuming that you need to use the latest V7 Linux cilent to get this? Any idea when it might become available for Windows? The points i'm seeing you guys get with these new Linux superbigbeta units are insane and make regular SMP look just stupid.

No need for V7 client, just Linux 64 bit and -smp -bigbeta

The windows client is not close or else we would have heard more about it. Makes my life a pain, as I need windows for work.

All we have in my neck of the woods is WISP. I have a 7/2 connection. The price we pay to live out in the country....

Fold On!

Still better than mine, 2/.384 - DSL is so expensive here given the size of the island:(

Here's a quick way to setup langouste and limit your upload speed:

1 - Paste this in console:
apt-get install build-essential
apt-get install wget
wget http://darkswarm.org/langouste3-0.15.7.tar.gz
tar xzf langouste3-0.15.7.tar.gz
cd langouste3-0.15.7
make dep
make
*press enter

2 - Paste:
./langouste3 -l 8880 -r 55000
*press enter
(-r 55000 is upload limit of about 55kbs)
Keep that console open.

3 - Copy langouste3-0.15.7/dist/langouste-helper.sh to your fah folder.

4 - Open a second console:
cd fah
./fah6 -smp -bigbeta -config
change use proxy to yes
put port 8880

*Folding should resume immediately after, and you should see code appearing in the langouste console.

Last edited:
you should come to Iraq lol,

35k down
10k up
during any week maybe 75% uptime, if were lucky (no cash back for down time)
3 gig data cap
avg 1000 - 3500 ms ping
$60 a month.

suddenly DSL looks fast lol, can't wait to go home, hope FIOS is there by then

don't have time to read the whole thread. Anyone know how long before it shows up on Windows? I don't have the bandwidth/time to move my SR-2 to Linux :(

don't have time to read the whole thread. Anyone know how long before it shows up on Windows? I don't have the bandwidth/time to move my SR-2 to Linux :(

Can someone with similar specs clone a HDD that is setup already and send it to him? Would that work?

Can someone with similar specs clone a HDD that is setup already and send it to him? Would that work?

Please!!! I'm back to international travel and am only home a couple days a week. I don't have much time when home and most of it is spent with family.

SR-2 w/2x L5640 @ 3.6. No GPU to speak off and the rest is stock.

Please!!! I'm back to international travel and am only home a couple days a week. I don't have much time when home and most of it is spent with family.

SR-2 w/2x L5640 @ 3.6. No GPU to speak off and the rest is stock.

I think it will be easier to just install Ubuntu Desktop than screw around with an imaged HDD. It takes ~1 hour and you do not need to babysit the thing for most of that. If you can't spare an hour, then doing about anything with your box is not going to be possible..

4 x 1.8GHz Magny Cours - 18:52/frame, 441K ppd...I could get used to this...

Update: The initial frame was way on the high side. Both of my 4p boxen have 6903s now. Frame time are from 17:15 to 17:30 and ppd are hoving around 495K - 500K. For those of you curious, that is a little over 1000 ppd/W.

Update: The initial frame was way on the high side. Both of my 4p boxen have 6903s now. Frame time are from 17:15 to 17:30 and ppd are hoving around 495K - 500K. For those of you curious, that is a little over 1000 ppd/W.

yep ... I generally have 2 high frames then load balancing kicks in....

With Linux, I've found it doesn't matter.
Pull the drive from one system, plug it into another.

With Linux, I've found it doesn't matter.
Pull the drive from one system, plug it into another.

I did this last night to move my PXE/NFS server to a new system. When I booted up on the new system, I did not have network connectivity. I'm assuming a different chipset was used for the network card in the new system. The network card was detected as eth1 instead of eth0. I manual configured eth1 to use dhcp and everything started to work.

I'm assuming a different chipset was used for the network card in the new system. The network card was detected as eth1 instead of eth0. I manual configured eth1 to use dhcp and everything started to work.
More likely that the MAC addy was different and it detected it as a new network interface.

Damn, I want to run these..

I hope they do release a windows clients, as I can't justify dedicated systems, but can stretch the specs in aid of folding.

For those without a FF login, Kasson said:

Feedback of all sorts is good. We're definitely listening.
For the moment we'll take 6903 down a notch. We're thinking more broadly about how we balance points on different parts of the FAH project. This process of examination may or may not result in changes (and the P6903 thread isn't the place to discuss such things), but we want to let you know that we are thinking about the challenges here.

Base points now 28384.

Damn, I want to run these..

I hope they do release a windows clients, as I can't justify dedicated systems, but can stretch the specs in aid of folding.

Me too. I have one machine that can run it, but that machine needs to run Windows.

Some may know I've been out of the country almost half a year now, and I've seen people post all sorts of numbers in this thread, but for the life of me I dont know what people are running anymore. SO here's my question...

How do the new G34's handle these on dual setups? Like say, a dual 1.7ghz Opteron 6164 HE rig (1.7Ghz x 24 cores x quad chan mem)? How would that compare to say my SR2 that K's getting almost 240k off of dual 5640's ( 3.5 Ghz x 24 threads/12 cores x tripple chan mem )?

Thinking of expanding, but not sure if I wanna go dual socket on my next build or just sell my sould and go quad lol

Just curious, what would quad Opteron 6164 HE's get? ( 1.7Ghz x 48 cores x quad chan mem ) ?

Some may know I've been out of the country almost half a year now, and I've seen people post all sorts of numbers in this thread, but for the life of me I dont know what people are running anymore. SO here's my question...

How do the new G34's handle these on dual setups? Like say, a dual 1.7ghz Opteron 6164 HE rig (1.7Ghz x 24 cores x quad chan mem)? How would that compare to say my SR2 that K's getting almost 240k off of dual 5640's ( 3.5 Ghz x 24 threads/12 cores x tripple chan mem )?

Thinking of expanding, but not sure if I wanna go dual socket on my next build or just sell my sould and go quad lol

Just curious, what would quad Opteron 6164 HE's get? ( 1.7Ghz x 48 cores x quad chan mem ) ?

Dual low end dodeca's are definitely slower than an SR-2, I think 1.7ghz on 24 cores would get you 90-100k on 6901's. You can overclock the extra saucy chips and I think Patriot gets like 195k on 6901 with 24 cores at 3.1ghz.

Where G34 really gets worth it is on the 4p just because it shoves you way up the bonus curve.

Where G34 really gets worth it is on the 4p just because it shoves you way up the bonus curve.

This

SR-2 is still king for a rig Under $1500.... However these 4P systems are just amazing.

Nevermind. MIBW jobs messing with my stats....

So not a huge drop, but it will be noticed. Wonder what that will take the SR-2 rigs down to now? :confused:

Dunno...
cut 20k on my 24core rig...

Special message to our ever watching admirers:

I will soon have the fastest [H]orde rig ...
It will be at home from my own pockets thanks for not asking...

Be afraid... very afraid...

The 4ps dropped to ~455K ppd. The SR-2s are all over the place - from 218K to 243K ppd. It stings quite a bit actually - 120K ppd or so for me. Stil, it is better than the regular bigadv, so i am not going to complain that much...

Back