New Coolermaster Case : Centurion 590

So I finally received this case, and I must say it was definitely worth the $69.99 price tag (before shipping) off Newegg. Good sturdy build, not cheap looking at all. The mesh was a nice touch, and the interior is very spacy. Good cable management options (they provide zipties to tie cables to holes in the motherboard tray) and there is space behind the motherboard tray to hide cables. Awesome airflow, as well as the possibility of adding even more fans.

I would say my only complaints are the plastic feet and the hard drive rack with the 120mm fan attached. That rack was a pain to deal with, provided there was nothing for my hard drive to rest on while I screwed it in - I had to hold it up while lining up the screws through the drive and the rack.

Other things - the case doesn't have a reset button, but that doesn't bother me much. Also, no eSATA, for those who need it. All around, though, this case was a great purchase for me.

For the price, you really can't beat this case by the looks of it. Definite "bang for buck" winner.

I have it ordered and plan to add a few and replace the Blue LED fan with something that won't keep me up at night. Anyone know what model fans cooler master ships w/ the case? Not sure what else I plan to do yet, maybe a window mod. Will take pictures so you all can see the build as it goes.

My review of the CoolerMaster Centurion 590
Pics and video

Installation of components went fine. No hickups. BUT as shown in the case stock photo on newegg (3 120mm blue led fans ). The case comes with only one fan in front, Which I knew. But the fan mounts to the hd cage. There is absolutely no where else to mount more fans in front. So unless you have a need for 3 hd cages then you will not be able to have three fans in front. This ticked me off as it was one of the reason I bought the case. (see picture)

I bought 4 more fans for the case. Same as the case comes with Coolermaster 120mm blue led to match the front fan. I mounted them in the locations just fine. They work well and are very quiet. BUT when the two side (induction) fans are turned up to about 75% on my zalman controller they make a buzzing sound. Not to bad but a little annoying (I just keep em turned down a bit) I believe this is due to the air being pulled through the case grill. The top fans (exhaust) however do not make any sort of air noise like the side fans.
The tool less design is nice. But doesn’t secure drive cage, dvd drive or other components tightly. So I had to add a screw or two in each to elimiminate any movement that could cause vibration noise.

I really like the way that the psu is mounted. Its on the bottom and mouns with the same way it would be at the top. Therefore it pulls outside air through and exhausts out the back. So the psu is cooling itself completely aside from the rest of the case. (see picture)
There is also two gromets on the back for water lines to run through. (hmm maybe I should have went water)

All in all. I like the case, It worked well for my application.
Here are the pics and I link to a video of the computer in action.

VIDEO COMMENTS- The leaf stuck in a fan sound is accually from my refrigerator not the computer. My camera pics up audio like crazy. The computer is practically silent.
Hope yall got something out of this.

new048gu8.jpg

new041kq3.jpg

new039oo2.jpg

new038rr4.jpg

new037xh3.jpg

new028ks3.jpg

new025dj7.jpg

new024oq9.jpg

new018ug4.jpg

new016yb7.jpg

Video Link
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MH_osLH55oE

Ah, yes, I did watch the video, and forgot to comment.

Excited about the potential of it, looks good. At this point I'm planning to run it with some Scythe fans, no LED's.

if they did a windowed version id be all over it...looks like it would make a great case for watercooling too.

dremel tool????
and some prexi-glass
:D
I'll get some pics of the cabling here in a few minutes.
its not that great. being that
#1 no window so, looks of the inside not worried about
#2 out of sight out of mind. Tucked behind the mobo.

cables3yl4.jpg

cables2tn2.jpg

cables4hi8.jpg

cables5bs6.jpg

As you can see below the mobo. There is a space to pass the cabling through. And then you can see it come back up at the top near the power connector on the mobo. You can see how the cables are ran on the backside in the photo.
It could use a little better cabling job in there eh?
this power supply just has soooo much cabling I just want to cut half of it off !!!
Anyways the cabling ran pretty easy. But I must say my psu has pretty long cabling enabling me to do this.

I must say, I"m liking the looks of this case. Wouldn't mind adding a second HD bay just to have that fan. And is there any way to change the feet from plastic to rubber?

Is that a Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro in there? how much room do you have left with a case fan near it on the side panel?

Does this case happen to have the holes on the bottom where I can mount the casters that came with my Stacker?

A quick question for those that already have the case. what model fans have you added on top and on the side panel that work well and are silent?

thanks

with my e6750 (2.66ghz) o/ced to 3.6 I idle at 28* and max out at 55-60* with all fans turned as low and they can go.

Just ordered mine from buy.com for $53 shipped. Buy has free shipping and if you can use the googlecheckout 20 off 60 coupon to get it from $73 to $53.

A quick question for those that already have the case. what model fans have you added on top and on the side panel that work well and are silent?

thanks

Yup! was going to ask the same Question...anyone?

Or if someone has the CM 690 wot silent and good fans would you recommend?

Thanks

if use these pair of black casehandles, I think that will be perfact!

The panels are pretty thin stuff, not only that but with the two top blow holes the top panel is already weakened as it is, nice looking handles but I don't know how well they will work with the case, look forward to seeing it done though

The panels are pretty thin stuff, not only that but with the two top blow holes the top panel is already weakened as it is, nice looking handles but I don't know how well they will work with the case, look forward to seeing it done though

Use the Nylon Lan-Straps you can get with the handle. Then it is perfect.

That's my new project, It's really useful and convenient for us when we go to Lanparty last time. Good idea of Nylon idea on it, I'll tell my sponsor that design. www.lamptron.com. There is a secret that If you want get them, you can ask to Lamptron, :D~~ murmur
cebit5jq8.jpg

Hmmm. I see it for $70 most places, Does anyone see it for less?

If you do PM me cuz I plan to buy it for my build i'm getting April 28th.

i just got mine from newegg.
typical case... crappy black paintjob on the sides and top. beautiful front. comes with lots of screws and shit.
uh... looks badass with the zalman mfc1 plus-b that i just installed. ;)
im happy for the money.

Sorry quick noob question (i am building a pc for the first time so don't know much lol)...

I have this case and there is an airflow vent at the bottom of the case where the PSU goes. Am i ment to place the main PSU fan facing it towards the ground or am i ment to direct the fan facing up? Also is the PSU fan taking in air or blowing out :confused:

sorry am a total noob :D

Sorry quick noob question (i am building a pc for the first time so don't know much lol)...

I have this case and there is an airflow vent at the bottom of the case where the PSU goes. Am i ment to place the main PSU fan facing it towards the ground or am i ment to direct the fan facing up? Also is the PSU fan taking in air or blowing out :confused:

sorry am a total noob :D

fan down, it will take air INTO the psu from outside the case and the exhaust air goes out the back.

Back