New Coolermaster Case : Centurion 590

I just come to see that the centurion will be available in March with a price of 72.50€
(I think that the delay is to avoid concurrence with the CM690).

][V][AGIC;1032003645 said:
looks terrible, what happened to CM quality all aluminum cases?

It's still better than Antec. I actually prefer the steel construction vs. aluminum, whenever the maker actually uses a good amount of metal for the case.

I'm definitely looking forward to the release of this one...far superior than the 690 in my eyes. Be curious to see how the reviews are for it.

techPowerUp! has some more details

http://www.techpowerup.com/index.php?50200

Cooler Master Centurion 590 Arrives in March
Cooler Master is going to launch a new model, Centurion 590 for the mainstream market in March of this year. This 8.5kg steel case measures (B) 213 x (H) 440 x (D) 510 mm and is designed for ATX and micro ATX motherboards. There are nine 5.25" drive bays and one of these can be converted to a 3.5" floppy drive bay. The case features a removable module that supports four HDDs, but it takes up three 5.25" drive bays. You can mount up to six 120mm fans, but unfortunately the case ships with only two: one 120mm blue LED front fan and a 120mm rear fan. Two more 120mm fans can be installed in the front to up the total amount of fans to eight, but doing so will also prevent you from installing any optical drives. The case features tool-free installation for the hard disk drives, optical drives and add-on cards. The PSU is mounted in the bottom of the case and the rear features retaining holes for liquid cooling. The Centurion 590 has a fully meshed front for improved ventilation and has cable management holes to make cable routing easier. Finally, the Cooler Master Centurion 590 should be yours for less than $85 when it's released.

holy cow. that case looks sweet. i think i will look into getting one of those when it comes out

Doesn't look like it. I find that a good thing anyway; I always disconnect the reset buttons in my PCs since I end up knocking them accidentally.

I do that to LEDs, but I use my restart button sometimes.

It's probably some special switch that will:
Be power for a cold boot
Restart when computer's on
Power off when you hold it down

If this is around 50, that would make it a bargain deal for storage :) 15 drives you can fit in this sucker without work.

Frankly I'm getting a little impatient for this thing. Really want to see a concrete price and get some reviews.

Same here, this is the case I've been looking for. Seems a bit more roomier than the Antec 900 and well built.

I kinda wish that you could have solid side panels though, the grills annoy me. However, right now I'm planning to build a system around this case this summer and fill both top spot and both side spots with fans, along with the front and rear. Just get them to a fan controller and throttle them down.

Thanks for the link, filthysanchez. Hopefully we can get an idea of when it's actually going to be available (I've been hearing from now till the end of March).

I myself prefer the 690 over this.

Better looking topside, 1 extra fan in the bottom, and I like having HDD mounts better than these 'solutions for 5.25" bays'.

Of course, 590 is better if you want to fill it up with radiators.

Hey, this guy is now available at newegg here.

(sorry if I missed it and someone else posted elsewhere)

I miss the days when cooler master meant real quality. I mean the cases they make now are fine, and still better than 80% of whats on the market. But the old CM cases were leaps and bounds above these new ones. I will stick to Lian Li and Silverstone for now.

I think that will be the perfect case for me...... sold! :)

Im going to be doing a build with it, well as soon as it gets here. I'll let everyone know how it turns out.
Im buying 4 more fans to fill the open places. Just for kicks really. Im sure it doesnt "really" need em, but I'll get a fan controller and I think it'll work out nicely
Only stipulation that I have is that it looks like it has 3x120mm fans in front, giving I believe only one place for a optical drive. I guess I could always remove just one fan:D

The thing with the front...there's only room for 3 fans if you don't have any sort of bay devices....and the case only ships with one 4to3 adapter....so basically, only 1 front fan. This is along with 1 rear, 2 top, 2 side.

kinda sucks, I need to spend another 30 bucks if I want to fill all the fan spots!
8 case fans a little overkill. But I like the look of at least the front three. Maybe one for the top and one for the side also.
can someone say "cable management"

690 looks better and is laid out much better, specifically in the HDD area..

I always thought the 690 looked a bit similar to the Antec 900, but now this comes along and just looks even more similar.

Both the 690 and 590 look nice, but I prefer the design of the 590.

All the centurians all kinda plain...

...ew.

Plain.. maybe. But it never hurts to jazz it up!

DSCN9538.jpg

DSCN9580.jpg

Im waiting for buy.com to get it in stock... -$10 google checkout + Free shipping = $63.99 SHIPPED.

Back