New Coolermaster Case : Centurion 590

Hot damn :eek:. I was going to get an RC-690 for my next build, but now it has some competition..

Wow, I'd buy that today if I could. Love the elegant, understated, professional look.

From http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?p=4799564:

Coolermaster will launch a new model, Centurion 590 for the
mainstream market. It can accommodate up to eight 120mm fans instead of 7 on the
Centurion 690 and has additional ventilation holes on the top panel. You can
also convert 5.25" drive bays into HDD racks so you can put up to 12 HDDs with 3
x 120mm fans. It is expected to enter mass production after mid February
so you should see them on the shelves by end of Feb or early Mar. It is expected
to be priced below US$ 85.

this is absolutely ideal for me, damn. I love the centurion 5 look, but without wanting to cut the case apart, it's difficult to get wire management going effectively. Add to it the optical bays down the length of the case, you can EASILY remove those plastic brackets & suspend your hard drives. This case put a smile on my face, definitely buying one.

Hopefully they'll give it a nice side window panel, not like that hideous one they used for the 690. If anybody spots one, please post a pic meedjutly!

I like the lines of this Centurion 590, they look quite a bit better than the semi-curved edges of the 690. The front is very nice as well, and the hard drive module arrangement is nice.I think CM has another winner on their hands.

One thing though, where are they getting 8 fans from? I count 7 at the most, included the right panel thin fan slot. Unless of course, they mean you can attach another of those HDD module things, but does that really count? :p

Glad I waited on changing my 534s to the 690s. that case is a beauty.

Wow, was just looking at the 690. I wonder if this one will be priced more or less expensive? I don't like the power switch / port location very much, though.

Wow, was just looking at the 690. I wonder if this one will be priced more or less expensive? I don't like the power switch / port location very much, though.

The power switch bay is moveable (at first sight), so you can put it where you want :)

The 690 is better looking, but nice subtlety on this one. Will prob be comparable in price, too. Looks like they are expecting to sell the bay-modules separately, so tossing one in a 690 may be on my list of stuff to do.

Looks nice but I hate tooless cases. It's not that damn hard to screw in a damnd video card or drive. I hate the drive rails in my p180b, crap rattles. Hopefully this is better. If they do insane deals on this like they did with the last case they just released I may have to pick one up.

I must say that is a sexy case for a computer. I was not at all fond of the rounded feel of the CM690. Too bad for CM, I just picked up a Lian Li A-05B to use for my main rig and the other comps in my house are fine.

Looks nice but I hate tooless cases. It's not that damn hard to screw in a damnd video card or drive. I hate the drive rails in my p180b, crap rattles. Hopefully this is better. If they do insane deals on this like they did with the last case they just released I may have to pick one up.

Just because its tooless doesn't mean you don't have the option to use tools. Along with the "tooless clamps" you have the ability to screw the drives in just as my DVD drive is. I can't speak for the p180b's implementation of a tooless design though, as for the HDD rails, I was surprised at how secure they are once they get a HDD in them, then again this case looks to use something a little different.

Very sexy case though looks more like an updated version of the original Centurion 5 than a cross bread of anything. Looks to be the same side panel that the 690 has just with the fan on the other part, so probably plagued with the same vibration sound

If Coolermaster prices this right, this case will be the next Centurion 5. Cooling of a 690, looks of a Centurion 5. One hit from from this and its all over.

... wait...

If Coolermaster prices this right, this case will be the next Centurion 5. Cooling of a 690, looks of a Centurion 5. One hit from from this and its all over.

... wait...
i bet you're right. It does look very similar to the Centurion 5, one of my all time favs. :cool:

i'd buy it for 60 bucks. :)

it is elegant and practical IMO. However, the logo sucks.

PKirk, when you put in an optical drive, just remove the drive cover with the logo. :D It's not like you can't remove & rearrange the covers.

I guess this is the "baby Stacker" I've been begging for. If they hold one of those kickass sales, I'm on it quick. I'll swap out my unneeded Stacker to gather some space.

I just got a 690, but on one of the deep rebate sales. I'd take that in a heartbeat over the 690, just for the stacker-like ease of front-mounting a radiator.

It'll be a while before they are rebating a brand new model like they've been blowing the 690s out the door. Comparing both at MSRP, the 590 is a clear winner!

This is my next case ... just wish newegg had an early listing so i can add to my favorites.

Wow, I can't believe I didn't see this thread before. I placed an order for a 690 earlier this morning, and cancelled it just a few hours later when I saw the 590. It looks awesome.

Back