New 2665 WU's

I will be glad when this project is done .....
My poor quads are hurting right now .....

Guess I need to steal some money for QX9750's to keep my PPD .... lol

Well look on the bright side, the some of us are dual getting 2665 wu's on our quads and not a mix of different wu's (just assuming this based on my own experience)
So the more we get done the sooner we get a new project :)

Well look on the bright side, the some of us are dual getting 2665 wu's on our quads and not a mix of different wu's (just assuming this based on my own experience)
So the more we get done the sooner we get a new project
Projects can sometimes take a long time to complete. Even then, Stanford might replace the 2665s with similar or even slower WUs worth less. We don't know. The best option right now if we want to keep our PPD up is to install different client types. That might require purchasing more hardware, but it will also mean a more stable production output. A diverse portfolio is probably the best way to go instead of the eggs in one basket approach.

Fah uses port 80 & 8080.
Port 80 tends to be the asignment server.
Port 8080 for uploading-downloading work.

I only notice the uploads when I play online games.
At which point I lag like hell .......... :mad:
But then 99.9% of my protiens are p2605 which are only 5 Meg upload size.

Luck ........... :D

This is the reason I have to keep an eye on Fahmon at all times. I have to schedule my online gaming to the times I'm not going to have a workunit upload for at least an hour or so. I like to get a few maps in before I start lagging to death (literally in the game) or disconnect.

I need to get a box setup for QoS so I don't have to worry about this as much as well as the next setup up for my internet package. Increasing my upload from 512kbit to 1mbit would help out immensely as it will only take half as much time to upload the work units. On some of the smaller ones, I might be able to wait out the lagtime. Besides money, this is my only reservation in regards to adding more boxen.

Too bad Stanford doesn't have some type of scheduler built into the client where we could tell it certain times or time ranges of the day in which it could upload finished units. I think that would be a godsend for many of us.

Or be a [H]ard folder and abandon online gaming :p I don't bother myself with online gaming, only single player games (if I have time, which is very very very rare anyway).

I am not getting dual 2665 on all my boxen.
I get a 3065 / 3062 ever so often but very rare.

I did catch a few stanford ppl saying that 2665 is scaling horrible on FahCore_a1.
It was really designed for FahCore_a2. That is why 2662 runs so much better.

They need to get that core out in the wild, instead of keeping it in the lab.

I am not getting dual 2665 on all my boxen.
I get a 3065 / 3062 ever so often but very rare.

I did catch a few stanford ppl saying that 2665 is scaling horrible on FahCore_a1.
It was really designed for FahCore_a2. That is why 2662 runs so much better.

They need to get that core out in the wild, instead of keeping it in the lab.

I agree :D They need to get the FahCore_a2 outa' the damn lab and get it into the "wild and wooly" public arena so's we can break it. (only kidding about "damn" and break it parts, I know the lab people at Stanford are only doin' what's right :))

I gots to say, I hate the WU 2665 under FahCore_a1, but I've done about 5 of em' I'll do however more and , while the pernts are great, I'm more worried about the science. :p.

Please release the FahCore_a2 when you think it's ready, just please hurry up. :)

I agree :D They need to get the FahCore_a2 outa' the damn lab and get it into the "wild and wooly" public arena so's we can break it. (only kidding about "damn" and break it parts, I know the lab people at Stanford are only doin' what's right :))

I gots to say, I hate the WU 2665 under FahCore_a1, but I've done about 5 of em' I'll do however more and , while the pernts are great, I'm more worried about the science. :p.

Please release the FahCore_a2 when you think it's ready, just please hurry up. :)

+1 for getting out the A2 core ASAP. After about 34 project 2665 WUs I'm ready for some more efficient crunching. Quads have been around for a while now and are only getting more numerous. We need a FAHcore that is going to scale to all 4 cores and beyond efficiently. It would be in Stanford's best interest to insure that the software we are using is as efficient as possible otherwise they are just wasting their resources.

Off topic- has anyone else noticed that the extremeoverclocking stats website has been down since last night? Are they doing some maintenance or is something else at work here?

0.png

Off topic- has anyone else noticed that the extremeoverclocking stats website has been down since last night? Are they doing some maintenance or is something else at work here?
Yes, the site has been down since last night. Don't know the problem but they have experienced issues a number of times in the past few months.

+1 for getting out the A2 core ASAP. After about 34 project 2665 WUs I'm ready for some more efficient crunching. Quads have been around for a while now and are only getting more numerous. We need a FAHcore that is going to scale to all 4 cores and beyond efficiently. It would be in Stanford's best interest to insure that the software we are using is as efficient as possible otherwise they are just wasting their resources.

0.png

Only 34??

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpagedet&username=Sunin&teamnum=33&prange=2000

Try over 150... lol.... ouch.. that doesn't include the 40 or so I churned during the Chimp Challenge!

Only 34??

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpagedet&username=Sunin&teamnum=33&prange=2000

Try over 150... lol.... ouch.. that doesn't include the 40 or so I churned during the Chimp Challenge!

I can't feel too sorry for you ;) You are 4th in production for our team....nobody is going to mow you over.... Just kidding. We all have a lot of boxen/space/electricity tied up with this project. (some much more than others) None of it should be wasted. Fold On!

0.png

I did 48 2665 WU myself, most of them from work :(

I agree the A2 core must be out to make people happy but let's say that right now, they have their hands full with a few concurrent beta testing (I'll say it's worth the wait ;)).

I've done a grand total of .............

Wait for it .................

2 ..... :eek:

I'm crunching p2605 99.9% of the time.
Of which I've done 2,245 at this time.
Thats almost 4,000,000 points worth.

I've done 15 of them and would have 17 but comcast or my modem has been sucking it up lately. I haven't had internet for 2 days and comcast can't get a guy to my house till tomorrow afternoon! :mad:

My quad is getting lazy already, need to get it back into shape.

I lost 2 @ 97% after a power outage on saturday. :( """"""

I just lost one due to power outage as well, at 97% too.. there's 23 hours down the drain... :rolleyes:
And forget core A2... I'd just like a STABLE client.. over a year in beta.. are they on the same schedule as Microsoft??

I've done a grand total of .............

Wait for it .................

2 ..... :eek:

I'm crunching p2605 99.9% of the time.
Of which I've done 2,245 at this time.
Thats almost 4,000,000 points worth.

Could it be the LINUX client :)
My Ubuntu rig has never seen anything but p2605...and that is just fine by me because that project runs great!

0.png

Did they EUE after you restarted them or their deadlines expire?

I'm getting a *lot* of re-occuring EUE's with the 2665 series WU's, on bone stock machines, and an getting pretty tired of dealing with them, myself. :rolleyes: Are the rest of you guys (and gals) seeing issues with this run, or am I just riding the bad luck train these days?

I'm getting a *lot* of re-occuring EUE's with the 2665 series WU's, on bone stock machines, and an getting pretty tired of dealing with them, myself. :rolleyes: Are the rest of you guys (and gals) seeing issues with this run, or am I just riding the bad luck train these days?
The only issue with the 2665 I have seen which others reported as well is the inordinately long result upload time. There's a reason for this and it was mentioned at the FCF.

Af far as stability is concerned, the worst WU for my farm seems to be the 3064. About 30-40% of them EUE. Fortunately (or not depending on your POV) Stanford has been assigning mostly 2665s for Windows clients lately, and they have proven very stable. Now that the servers are assigning 30xx WUs once more, the EUEs are back and this has got me thinking of VMs again. I really hate VMs but if the EUEs with the 30xx WUs continue, I'm going to have no other choice. :( :rolleyes:

After a steady diet of 2605s on my dual core machines running the notfred cd, I got slammed last night with two 2665s. They're going to take 2-3 days to complete. My PPD is in the toilet because of these pigs. They'll make the deadline no sweat, but this really stinks. If this keeps up, I may switch to dual CPU clients on one machine. First the 2653s and now the 2605s. This definitely looks like Stanford is requiring quads to run the SMP client efficiently.

Anyone still getting 2605s with the notfred cd?

Had one yesterday @43%. It was not on a stock quad, but I'm only OC'd to 3.1 and temps never got over 51c on any of the cores. This "newer" build quad is on an XBX2 which has been ROCK solid for a year with an E4300 @3.2 so I don't think it's an OC'ing problem.... 'specially when it was prime stable on the quad for 26+ hrs.

Sucks :(

0.png

262 of these puppies under my belt already... that kinda wows me! That is 10% of everything I have processed.... man these things came on hard and strong!

Now we just need the A2 core!

Just picked up 2 more of them.
For me they fold ~400 PpD slower than p2605 on my VM's.

262 of these puppies under my belt already... that kinda wows me! That is 10% of everything I have processed.... man these things came on hard and strong!

Now we just need the A2 core!

Just off the wall, when is the A2 core comin' out. Any wild speculation, any juicy rumors or any indication of the correct animal to sacrifice to the computer Gods? (or is that the Stanford Gods) :confused:

Phew.. :eek: when I first read about how you had already done 262 of these bad boys (2665 WU series) my load was lightened. I haven't done that many of them, but up until I paid attention and gave the notfred CD a go (which someone on this forum mentioned) I only had like 3x boxen. (2x LinSMP and 1x WinSMP) and now I'm proud to say I've got 5x boxen foldin' 24/7. (one of my E6600's was an expensive paper weight, now it's back up and smokin' the WU's, now I have a E6420 crunchin' WU's 24/7 headless, diskless, mouseless and caseless)

Both of my WinSMP clients have been doing the 2665 WU for the past 20+ hours :'( That's after getting to 90% on them a few days ago, but having them restart at the beginning again.. I hate the 2665 WUs :(

Stop counting and just fold.

Check your stats once a month, it feels better that way;):D

Stop counting and just fold.

Check your stats once a month, it feels better that way;):D

I don't care about points and such, I really just care that it's working and actually serving a purpose ;) If these WUs keep taking too long on my system that they end up just starting over again... Then it's a huge loss for not just my points, but for Sandford as well ;) Well.. not a HUGE loss, it's just one or two WUs.. but still. Over time it adds to a lot I'm sure ;)

what? so after a while they start over? :confused:

Twice the 2665 has gotten up to ~90% after taking a day or two, and then BOOM! It starts deleting the work load, or whatever, and starts the same or different WU again. One time it started a different WU, but the other times it started the 2665 one again.

Right now, one of my SMP clients that is running the 2665 has been working since June 11th... and it's at 92%... It's been about 2 1/2 days since it started?

Also, it's JUST that WU that does it. Everything else works great and completes without a problem.

Twice the 2665 has gotten up to ~90% after taking a day or two, and then BOOM! It starts deleting the work load, or whatever, and starts the same or different WU again. One time it started a different WU, but the other times it started the 2665 one again.

Right now, one of my SMP clients that is running the 2665 has been working since June 11th... and it's at 92%... It's been about 2 1/2 days since it started?

Also, it's JUST that WU that does it. Everything else works great and completes without a problem.

that is really weird!!
try making a backup of your folding directory once every hour or so
there is a .bat lying around, here is the code

Code:
@echo off
:: variables
set drive=[COLOR=Red]D:\Folding@Home\BackupSMP1[/COLOR]
set hour=%time:~0,2%
if "%hour:~0,1%"==" " set hour=0%time:~1,1%
set folder=%date:~10,4%_%date:~4,2%_%date:~7,2%_%hour%_%time:~3, 2%
%backupcmd% "...source dir..." "%drive%\%folder%\...destination dir..."

set backupcmd=xcopy /s /c /d /e /h /i /r /k /y

echo ### Backing up directory...
%backupcmd% "[COLOR=Red]D:\Folding@Home\FoldSMP1[/COLOR]" "%drive%\%folder%"

:: variables
set drive=[COLOR=Red]D:\Folding@Home\BackupSMP2[/COLOR]
set hour=%time:~0,2%
if "%hour:~0,1%"==" " set hour=0%time:~1,1%
set folder=%date:~10,4%_%date:~4,2%_%date:~7,2%_%hour%_%time:~3, 2%
%backupcmd% "...source dir..." "%drive%\%folder%\...destination dir..."

set backupcmd=xcopy /s /c /d /e /h /i /r /k /y

echo ### Backing up directory...
%backupcmd% "[COLOR=Red]D:\Folding@Home\FoldSMP2[/COLOR]" "%drive%\%folder%"

echo You have done a Killer Backup of your folding files. Congrats!
@echo off
cls

i use that for 2 SMP clients, change the red parts to your settings and u are good to go.
then put the .bat in the scheduler agent to get it to execute in a time basis

It may have been a new WU but the same project. I guess you're receiving a lot of Early Unit Ends, then? Perhaps your system is OC a little high for the SMP client and this time of year. Maybe lowering the frequency a bit might help with stability. It could also be that your combination of hardware doesn't like this particular project, see bottom reply.

The 2665 WUs are very slow processing, especially if only two cores are working on it as it appears is the case with your dual client setup. That's why Stanford gave the 2665 a longer 6 day deadline instead of 3 or 4. Don't worry, 2 1/2 days isn't that long for a 2665. I have a system that takes nearly double that time.

Other people reported about 2665s crashing a lot, so you're not the only one. Evil Alchemist posted about his issues and is understandably very upset about it. For some reason I've had less problems with this WU than the 30xx project WUs, which were plaguing most of my systems with EUEs a while back regardless of system architecture or frequency. The 2665 takes a long time, but is stable and always completes on my systems... :shrug:

I'll try that Leslie :D Thanks!

Hmm.. I know my system itself is very stable. My Q6600 is only at 3.00GHz, and the temps go from 20C-50C (Idle-Load).. and I don't have any other problems with any other work units, or programs or anything. This WU should finish tomorrow.. hopefully it will go through fine heh, we shall see!

Hmm.. I know my system itself is very stable. My Q6600 is only at 3.00GHz, and the temps go from 20C-50C (Idle-Load).. and I don't have any other problems with any other work units, or programs or anything. This WU should finish tomorrow.. hopefully it will go through fine heh, we shall see!
OK, then keep everything as it is for now. You probably received a bad crop of WUs like I did a while back with the other projects. I knew my systems were stable because they were battle-tested for nearly a year, lol...

Anyone else notice a few 2665s creeping into their Linus VMs recently? I guess all the good WUs are used up and now no client is safe.

Anyone else notice a few 2665s creeping into their Linus VMs recently? I guess all the good WUs are used up and now no client is safe.

Noticed that since 2 weeks. Sometime, there's as much as 4 2665 in my home farm but usually, it often resume to 2605/2653. Probably not having enough to feed the linux crowd so it picked the 2665 until the folding staff refill the servers with more 2605 wu.

Back