• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Neverwinter MMO, 100% FREE! :)

The dumb thing is him saying its not an MMO but more like D3. Just not even remotely true. The game has full public zones, guilds, crafting, pvp battlegrounds, 5-man dungeons, skirmishes (quick mini-dungeons on a different queue), hard modes, etc etc. You know, all stuff that D3 didn't have but MMOs do. It's an MMO.
 
i'm not playing it but watching vids reminds me alot of D3...looks very linear and clausterphobic environments...not my thing and don't call this a mmorpg in the vein of wow, swtor, aion, etc...its an action rpg

people looking for a true mmo/world need to look elsewhere

I find it fascinating that NO ONE is reading the quest texts from quest givers..lmao...why these develoipers even bother with writing staffs is beyond me...just have empty quests with no text and the lemmings will love it...LOL


NEXT !!

Eh? It's not really anything like D3...

It's actually a LOT more like SW:TOR/WoW/Tera, etc then Diablo in any way.

The main difference being the combat, which is action focused, but the world is open, cities/zones are mostly open, instances are done for story elements/dungeons and what not.

You probably saw someone playing through a solo story dungeon and thought "he's it's like a 3rd person diablo," but it isn't.

They have wide open zones, with many other people running around, mounts, guilds, pvp battlegrounds, group dungeons, etc.
 
Well it seems like the torrent is the way to go for this. I was getting <30KB/s from the "direct download" link, but I'm getting ~300KB/s from the torrent. Not great speeds either way but I'll take 300 over 30 lol
 
Well it seems like the torrent is the way to go for this. I was getting <30KB/s from the "direct download" link, but I'm getting ~300KB/s from the torrent. Not great speeds either way but I'll take 300 over 30 lol

I snagged the free version of Download Accelerator Plus, and hit the Gamefront link from their DL page... getting a nice 1.6meg down at the moment.

Much better than the 400k I was getting direct downloading.
 
Downloaded and installed last night, configured video settings etc...
Can't even get the launcher to load now, it's completed fuskered....good luck getting in

NQujnlrl.png
 
Servers seem to be kaput, way too overloaded atm lol.

Why does no mmo launch ever think this will happen? EVERY mmo launch has these issues, why can't theey just have servers galore, and backups for their backups, tot h epoint they can handle the full load and then slowly take them down whent he load lessens?
 
Servers seem to be kaput, way too overloaded atm lol.

Why does no mmo launch ever think this will happen? EVERY mmo launch has these issues, why can't theey just have servers galore, and backups for their backups, tot h epoint they can handle the full load and then slowly take them down whent he load lessens?

I think they all expect it to happen, but it costs a lot of money to try to prevent something from happening that is generally only going to happen short term.
 
I find it fascinating that NO ONE is reading the quest texts from quest givers..lmao...why these develoipers even bother with writing staffs is beyond me...just have empty quests with no text and the lemmings will love it...LOL

Its an mmo.

And most people don't bother with the text. I rarely do unless it has an interesting story. Most mmo's do not however.
 
Servers seem to be kaput, way too overloaded atm lol.

Why does no mmo launch ever think this will happen? EVERY mmo launch has these issues, why can't theey just have servers galore, and backups for their backups, tot h epoint they can handle the full load and then slowly take them down whent he load lessens?

This was probably why they are calling it open beta ;)
 
Well I'm finally in, but the lag is atrocious. It's rubber-band central, but I guess that's to be expected?
 
There was no lag for founders. I knew I should have tried to hit 60 first... :(

I can't even connect to the patcher. I guess they underestimated the amount of free players.
 
Last edited:
Neverwinter &#8207;@NeverwinterGame:
"More info on lag: the issue is related to one of the firewalls in one of our data centers. We have people onsite implementing a fix!"
 
I hear people saying this is a "nickel and dime" approach to micro-transactions. Things like paying ($5?) for respec and paying for ID scrolls, can anyone comment on these things? Also, what is the draw for this game, will people be playing after the first few weeks unlike the last 100 mmos?
 
Beta is now open. The download for the client is slow as shit both from the developer and via the developer torrent offered.
 
Queues are pretty long. Started off at #7600 or something, it seems to be going at about 160/minute. I guess that's to be expected...but if I'd known they were this long I would have gotten in the queue before I started making dinner instead of after I was done eating lol
 
The queue is bugged, so be careful. It will jump to the 31k, but it's displayed incorrectly.
 
I've been in que for about an hour. I can't say I tolerate this kind of wait very well. I realize its an open beta but come on .. they couldn't have prepared a bit better for this?

Not instilling hope in overall game quality...
 
Is the game mechanics running on client side? Despite 300ms ping I did not feel any delay

The waiting is kind of annoying though, I hope they increase the capacity soon.
 
I've enjoyed what I've played so far but I'm only like level 6 so I've hardly seen anything yet.

I think it needs some heavy optimization though in terms of graphics , lots of weird stuttering when there shouldn't be. I'm sure this will be addressed though.

I enjoy the way they've done casters though , the skill tree's are interesting but not over clogged with junk like vanilla WoW was.

I'm going to keep playing more and report back my experiences :)

Also the founders pack is just insanely expensive to me. I know this isn't the usual MMO with fees but damn .. $200? That's almost a 2 years of WoW subs (if you waited for a deal). And the Menzoberranzan Renegade's are only unlockable if you buy the Founders Pack? That's dumb if its true. VIP priority access during the ques as well is included with the Founders Pack .. that one kind of makes me angry...
 
Drow themselves will be opened to everyone 60 days post launch, it's only the Menzoberranzan backround and some tattoo's that are "exclusive" to the Hero founders.

One thing that's really annoying me so far (I'm a guardian founder, So I've been playing for 4'ish days now) is groups.

I don't know what it is about this game, I think it's because of the "glowing trail" that it uses to point you toward your next waypoint, but that shit needs to be FORCED off in dungeons.

I get so annoyed when I enter a dungeon with a pug and NO ONE wants to do the "complete" dungeon.

Mainly because at the end of each dungeon there's a VERY large treasure chest, but in order to open it you have to have "collected" certain things from the dungeon (IE artifacts) which are hidden throughout the dungeon and require you to go off the beaten path.

However in virtaully every group I get in, people just want to follow the glowy trail, even I tell them they are missing things and area's, they just keep doing.

REally need to find myself a good guild to get into, just a pita with pugs. Even other mmo's though it's not THIS bad, most pugs will still try full dungeon clears and not just half ass it and miss loot and things.
 
LOL @ queue of 12,000 +, and that's not bugged. The shard is supposed to be coming down for 4 hours of maintenance soon, so I guess no playing for me.
 
I would honestly rather have a semi long queue to get in, rather than having constant disconnects and rubber banding.
 
I went into the 35 dungeon last night on my tank. Holy crap what a long boss fight. It's a dragon fight and adds are constantly spawning that need to be killed. For at least 30 minutes. With constant breath attacks and damage zones from the adds all over a giant room, its pretty chaotic and intense. It's like Onyxia on steroids in the middle levels of the game.
 
I went into the 35 dungeon last night on my tank. Holy crap what a long boss fight. It's a dragon fight and adds are constantly spawning that need to be killed. For at least 30 minutes. With constant breath attacks and damage zones from the adds all over a giant room, its pretty chaotic and intense. It's like Onyxia on steroids in the middle levels of the game.

Sounds painful.
 
played the game to almost lvl 5 not far, so far my impressions are its ok nothing amazing but its about what i expected.

i think the saving grace for me might be the quest editor allowing player made quests in an mmo is nice and it just wouldnt be neverwinter without it. granted i havnt had a chance to try that yet but i am looking forward to that.

it gives you more content and not just new content at the devs pace but at the community level.

its not something i would put money into but to jump in and play a quest or 2 with a friend every once in awhile should be fun.
 
eh, server has a green light in launcher but in game says they're offline when trying to connect.

edit - working now.

How do I turn on vertical synch? I didn't see an option for it in game, so i added it via nvidia control panel and turned it on that way. I still have a long tear across my screen whenever I move.
 
Last edited:
eh, server has a green light in launcher but in game says they're offline when trying to connect.

edit - working now.

How do I turn on vertical synch? I didn't see an option for it in game, so i added it via nvidia control panel and turned it on that way. I still have a long tear across my screen whenever I move.

In the video options, there's a section called "Troubleshooting" for some reason that just opens up even more advanced options. Such as frame rate lock, etc. I wasn't able to activate 120hz until I opened that up.
 
Yeah, i found that earlier. Thanks.

No more screen tearing :)

Oh my bad, I saw the "edit" you did, but the placement totally threw me off. I'm glad you fixed it!

I could at least make this post provide some input regarding the game I guess.......so far I'm level 6 and if there's one thing I actually like about the game is the feel of it. It's becoming harder and harder to find a game that responds well to key presses. No slow moving camera, no clunky character actions and animations. That's usually something you can pick up on within the first 2 minutes of playing. That alone has me interested! I just hope the PVP picks up.
 
Queues were gone after the reboots yesterday morning, it looks like they had one rocky day and now it's already smooth. I don't think they expected such a rush - we already filled up a guild with 500 people.
 
I played this last night and this morning prior to work, and can honestly say I'm loving it.

It's refreshing to have an MMO that doesn't feel like an MMO.
 
I played this last night and this morning prior to work, and can honestly say I'm loving it.

It's refreshing to have an MMO that doesn't feel like an MMO.

That was my experience as well. It definitely felt like an MMO in some respects, but the combat was just different enough that it was more entertaining.
 
Feels and plays like Tera but with fewer classes and dungeon and dragons basic rules. Still, its not bad, and seems a lot lrss grindy than tera was.
 
I got to play for a bit this afternoon. Overall, I was impressed with the game. I generally don't have high hopes for f2p stuff, but every once in a while a decent one comes along (like PoE). You can definitely tell the game lacks in the production value department compared to other recent MMOs, but none of the others were completely f2p either. If I can talk some friends into trying the game out, I could definitely see myself playing it for a while.
 
Back
Top