Network pics thread

Just got word that I'm going to be building this:

new_prod.png

We are pulling our production environment back in house from a managed hosting provider. BB:NT coming this summer!

berg, too bad it's not all in one rack lol
what's with the 110 block hanging off the wall by the cable? :(

I would be careful with that HP desktop. We found a lot, meaning lot full of them all have bad power supplies and started to spark and crap. Happened on site a few times as well. Recently.

Yeah, desktop is pFSense WAN router.

I will be careful with the PSU - Sounds scary. I have had it running a while, no issues.

Would prefer one of the rackmount solutions. And need a 1RU UPS too.

IMAG0435.jpg

I just noticed the ground straps on the rails. Never seen this before. Anyone else do this?

IMAG0435.jpg

I just noticed the ground straps on the rails. Never seen this before. Anyone else do this?

Yup, seen that lots. It's enables you. To pull out the server and work on it and not worry about static :) ( not the main reason for it tho )

Wired up my house completed with Cat6 a week or so ago.

535364_10150864121088319_575123318_11860888_29770954_n.jpg

It looks like this is mounted up in the corner of the ceiling.
Do you have any specific air flow design that can't be seen here to mitigate heat issues?

It looks like this is mounted up in the corner of the ceiling.
Do you have any specific air flow design that can't be seen here to mitigate heat issues?

IF he didn't put in a fan he could do it easily. However with that equipment in there, I bet there is barely any heat. Not much to be concerned about any ways.

Yup, seen that lots. It's enables you. To pull out the server and work on it and not worry about static :) ( not the main reason for it tho )

It's still grounded via the ground through the power supplies though so technically you don't need it, but it doesn't hurt. I've personally never seen anyone ground the rails.

IMAG0435.jpg

We dont and I have never seen anyone else do it but I guess if its there you might as well use it.

I figured putting the rail in the rack was enough to ground it but with the paint on the racks that might block its effectiveness a little.

Just got word that I'm going to be building this:

Img

We are pulling our production environment back in house from a managed hosting provider. BB:NT coming this summer!

after you pulled most of it out and put it in the colo? Too much fun.

While its nothing compared to the awesome stuff you guys play with,

I love ebaying from the US of A, 25KG of fiber, infiniband and some myricom 10gbe for good measure :D
IMGA0339-4.jpg

Multi-mode fiber, since you guys are all abandoning it, makes it dirt cheap so even people like me can afford it! ;)
IMGA0449.jpg

850nm Finisar and Infineon, gbe + FC SFP's :)
IMGA0472.jpg

When i first made a big order, some new blades for my baby :)
IMGA0368-1.jpg

IMGA0378-1.jpg

Ancient yes, perhaps so, still fun, hell yes! :D

and some other hardware im playing around with.. :)
IMGA0975.jpg

Last edited:
Why'd you go with the 1002 instead of the 1001?

I'm not totally sure, I didn't get to make that decision. I suppose its for future upgrades.

These are being used for two new OC3 MPLS circuits. Upgrading from two DS3's running on 3845 routers. We have about 150 branch offices that connect in via wyse terminals to Citrix desktops plus VOIP over the MPLS.

Wired up my house completed with Cat6 a week or so ago.

very nice setup

IMAG0435.jpg

It's still grounded via the ground through the power supplies though so technically you don't need it, but it doesn't hurt. I've personally never seen anyone ground the rails.

no... that is quite interesting.

We dont and I have never seen anyone else do it but I guess if its there you might as well use it.

I figured putting the rail in the rack was enough to ground it but with the paint on the racks that might block its effectiveness a little.

we have a ~150 ft and 275ft tower attached to the site. we take alot of lightning strikes, and have lost tons of gear due to it before I was here. fiber to the towers helped alot of that though. and we tend to follow motorola r56 grounding specs that we have to use on all our radio stuff to keep our service agreement

[ Infected ];1038717699 said:
While its nothing compared to the awesome stuff you guys play with,

I love ebaying from the US of A, 25KG of fiber, infiniband and some myricom 10gbe for good measure :D
Multi-mode fiber, since you guys are all abandoning it, makes it dirt cheap so even people like me can afford it! ;)

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

who is ditching multimode? i have it all over the place in my area

Back