Network pics thread

5187553656_03776494dd_z.jpg

Where did you get the desk from?

I also would like to know the name/brand/retailer of that desk, & rough cost.
Also may I inquire as to your Cisco phone setup? Are you using Cisco CM, or SIP,
Freepbx, your setup etc.

:)

5187553656_03776494dd_z.jpg

I also would like to know the name/brand/retailer of that desk, & rough cost.
Also may I inquire as to your Cisco phone setup? Are you using Cisco CM, or SIP,
Freepbx, your setup etc.

Ditto. That desk is sweet and once I finish my 2nd half of the CCNA I am starting on all of the CCNA specialized certs. I want to do the Telecom one with my wife since she does Avaya stuff for work and it would be a fun learning experience for us both

I also have a simple question

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1273/5187553656_03776494dd_z.jpg

should I quote the pic

[IMG]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1273/5187553656_03776494dd_z.jpg

even though it's on this page many times?

[IMG]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1273/5187553656_03776494dd_z.jpg

I'll edit this out tonigiht..

Last edited:
Where did you get the desk from?

It's indeed an Ikea Galant Desk, beech veneer with T legs. Very modular and not too pricy. Total cost including extensions would be around $350 - 400 I think.

5198523147_ede817afc9_z.jpg

The white Back-UPS 300 has been replaced by a smart-UPS 1000 rather quickly after making the pictures since it didn't like my new computer setup too much :p

More importantly: why do you have floppies?

Uhh, not sure why they were on my desk when shooting the picture :) But I have some of them lying around for use with some "older" Lighting Desks. Quite a lot of them used to have floppy/zip drives until recent years when they started putting USB on them.

Hey, but that's networking too :D No floppies here :p

FOH3.jpg

FOH2.jpg

Freepbx, your setup etc.

At the moment the phone setup is based on an Asterisk server. I chose not to run SIP on the Cisco's so I installed chan_sccp_v2 on the asterisk box. It also has a TDM-400P card for analog lines. I've also implemented some service features on the office phone so I can use it to control power to my desk, cisco lab etc. The menu items link to a PHP script which controls the APC power switches through SNMP.

5199138228_145daefe62_z.jpg

5187112285_59b1c85395_z.jpg

I'm also running CallManager in the Lab environment .

When switching to my new server-setup, I'm thinking of switching to cisco callmanager instead of asterisk
It's a bit easier to virtualize because of the possibility to connect an external router for analog lines (and failover) instead of an internal PCI card.

ProCurve 7102dl to handle our new 10M/10M fiber Ethernet from AT&T. Replacing our SPEEDY 1.5M T1. :)

Obligatory shot of the rack, nothing has really chanced since last time I posted it. However I have some ProCurve 2520's on order.

-6 Optiplex 755's (each w/ C2D and 8GB RAM) running VMware server, which contains my virtualized lab environment (sharepoint, SQL, 2 DC's, a few clients, etc.).
-2 Trendnet Gigabit switches
-Cisco E2000
-3x Cisco 2510 and 2x Catalyst switches, I bought them before I really got into Cisco, and so I had no idea they were missing so many features

img_0015.jpg

Main rig: Core 2 Quad Q9550, 8GB RAM, GTS 450

I'm itching to replace this machine, but I'm not sure whether to go with the 2600K or wait for IB

img_0022.jpg

File server, Optiplex 755 w/ 2 PCI SATA cards and a bunch of HD's

img_0024.jpg

Current network status:
Left rack: servers and storage
Middle rack: power/network and lab server (esxi)
Right rack + everything next to it: lab stuff
On top of right rack: new servers.

Current situation is a bit messy because i'm going to replace my old servers (left rack and lab server in the middle) with some new machines (the ones on top of the lab rack).

And off course a little office :D:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1273/5187553656_03776494dd_z.jpg

What speakers are those?

These are Syrincs M3-220
Nice little speakers, German production, but not sure if they sell it outside Europe.

I also have a simple question

IMG

should I quote the pic

IMG

even though it's on this page many times?

IMG

I'll edit this out tonigiht..

Thanks for taking the time to edit them out. I personally would like to thank you for linking the same picture 3 times for which I won't get that time back in my life. What a waste of a post

Thanks for taking the time to edit them out. I personally would like to thank you for linking the same picture 3 times for which I won't get that time back in my life. What a waste of a post

Someone having a grumpy ?

hahahhaahaha

*ahem* er.

Right, back on topic. :D

Someone having a grumpy ?

Nope, not grumpy, pissy or have a sandy vag, just dont see a point in posting the same pic three times and being a smart ass about it. All because everyone else isn't taking out the link and asking questions about the guys desk. Just another +1 for the guys post count.

hahahhaahaha

*ahem* er.

Right, back on topic. :D

LOL yes sir back on topic

MikeTrike, what is at&t handing it off with? Our fiber comes in to a ME 3400, then to a 1841, and finally our Dell switches.

Nope, not grumpy, pissy or have a sandy vag, just dont see a point in posting the same pic three times and being a smart ass about it. All because everyone else isn't taking out the link and asking questions about the guys desk. Just another +1 for the guys post count.

LOL yes sir back on topic

oh, so what your saying is that your VAG is itchy from seeing that picture WAY to much, and that you want to know what desk he has and can't figure it out from the 20 plus times it was quoted ?

What do you think of those ProCurve Routers?

I like them a lot, it's a bit disappointing that they are moving to that 3com crap now. If you're familiar with Cisco IOS, you should be to learn one of these fairly quickly. It's a very comfortable CLI IMO. There's also the web interface if you want to go that route. I've disabled telnet and left SSH and the Web interfaces enabled with ID/PW.

EDIT: I also need to pick up another 7102dl, I have two installed and two more for two other sites. I need a 5th for another small branch office.

I like them a lot, it's a bit disappointing that they are moving to that 3com crap now. If you're familiar with Cisco IOS, you should be to learn one of these fairly quickly. It's a very comfortable CLI IMO. There's also the web interface if you want to go that route. I've disabled telnet and left SSH and the Web interfaces enabled with ID/PW.

EDIT: I also need to pick up another 7102dl, I have two installed and two more for two other sites. I need a 5th for another small branch office.

The 3com (A-Series) stuff is much better than the ProCurve (E-Series) garbage when you look at enterprise features. I wouldn't want any of it, but I'd take A over E.

oh, so what your saying is that your VAG is itchy from seeing that picture WAY to much, and that you want to know what desk he has and can't figure it out from the 20 plus times it was quoted ?

I don't have a VAG.

More shitty pics. These are from my latest project:

UCS
UCS-Front.jpg

UCS-Back.jpg

Storage
VNX.jpg

Network
Network.jpg

2x3750
2x5520
2x2921
1x2911
2xMDS 9100

Last edited:
That's one thing I have yet to encounter in my IT experience, is the chain link fence locking up the lab.

If you go to a datacenter you'll see it. I have done a lot of time in teledata median gate in London. You can only get suites there and they are locked off and divided in that way.

its odd, I mean we had key carded doors on each side of a ~1000 square foot or better IT lab, but no fences, just certain cards could get in, some couldnt

Did the kid in the bow tie with the iPad come with your VNX box?

But seriously, any comparison you can make between it and a Clariion system?

Kid with a bow tie?

I can't give you any comparisons. I do the network side and another guy on my team does the UCS/storage side. Switches, routers, firewalls, etc are me. UCS, MDS, storage, are another team.

Also, the fenced stuff is called a cage. Every colo I've been in has cages. People buy x amount of space and are given a fence around it for added security. Our customer only purchased two cabinets from the colo. No cage, just shitty locks.

its odd, I mean we had key carded doors on each side of a ~1000 square foot or better IT lab, but no fences, just certain cards could get in, some couldnt

Not a lab, it's a colo facility. The site leases cabinets/space to customers.

Back