Network pics thread

Good Ole 3CX.. I played with that a couple of weekends ago. Had an IP330 that wouldn't ring when called & an ip430 that still refuses to connect to this day.

Good times

Took me about a day to figure it out. I have a 330 a 650 and two soft phones working fine. I also have SIP trunks going to iCall without issue.

EDIT: I should also note that I configured the auto-provision to update the software on the phone (application + bootrom). I also properly configured the system to disallow connections outside of the LAN subnet. As it will be multi-site when deployed. It's doing well so far, I've only put an hour or so personal call time in/outbound across the 3 types of phones. The server survives reboots just fine also, after about 5 minutes or so, everything is re-registered and it gets back into the proper cycle. :)

Last edited:
This has to be my favorite bad cabling photo of all time:

yellow_wall.jpg

If you look closely there appears to be one red cable in the center of that mess.
Whatever you do, DON"T TOUCH THE RED CABLE! ;-)

Took me about a day to figure it out. I have a 330 a 650 and two soft phones working fine. I also have SIP trunks going to iCall without issue.

EDIT: I should also note that I configured the auto-provision to update the software on the phone (application + bootrom). I also properly configured the system to disallow connections outside of the LAN subnet. As it will be multi-site when deployed. It's doing well so far, I've only put an hour or so personal call time in/outbound across the 3 types of phones. The server survives reboots just fine also, after about 5 minutes or so, everything is re-registered and it gets back into the proper cycle. :)

Maybe you'll want to PM me how you got the damn things to ring. Maybe if you had an IP430 laying around too ;)

This has to be my favorite bad cabling photo of all time:

yellow_wall.jpg

I've always wondered what the backstory is to that. I just can't imagine any application needing that much cable. You can only fit so much equipment in a single rack. :D What do they have, all 48 port switches randomly interlinked or something? lol

"A network cable is unplugged" FUUUUUUUUUUU...

Prolly backbone of an ISP, maybe a company that suddenly began to grow fast. Could be links or something in a sky scraper, who the hell knows?

Cutting steel conduit with a chainsaw?

LOL WUT

That's Die Hard, right? The face shield is a nice touch.

PVC would be cheaper - having an insulator would be nice too.

But a chainsaw 'blade' is far too coarse to cut metal or PVC - it would just kick back into his face.

Metal blades generally have at least 18 or so teeth per inch, more teeth per inch for harder metals.

1.jpg

Finished my Lack Rack project.
Roughly 16U of Rackable space for the cost of 15 euros :D

9.90€ for 2x tables and rest goes to random materials

Otherwise a retail product exept legs, removed the bottom ends of the legs and put in 2 pieces of 20mm thick plywood (sized 43mm x 350mm each) :)

Otherwise a retail product exept legs, removed the bottom ends of the legs and put in 2 pieces of 20mm thick plywood (sized 43mm x 350mm each) :)

where does the fiber go to ?

I'm kinda partial to the Dually on top with the mismatched coolers, the cardboard MB tray and the amazingly transparent case :)

Yeah it gets little warm indeed, but the casing is around 45c so it's not that bad really (measured with fluke 62).

The gbic is ftrj-8519-7-ext, it's from broken Extreme networks Summit 200-48 i had. Firmware seems to detect it w/o any problems.

Goin to use it for connection from modem to switch with tp-link media converter (electrically separatin phoneline from network).
Modem -cat5- TP-Link MC100CM -fiber- 1800-24G.

While normal mains got way better protections against lightning (transformers, switching psus etc). Phone line doesn't. There really isn't more than some IC's and passive components between phoneline and lan.

http://koti.mbnet.fi/ipe91/b/lack/1.jpg

I'm kinda partial to the Dually on top with the mismatched coolers, the cardboard MB tray and the amazingly transparent case :)

Daddy cooler, Mamma cooler, Baby cooler? lol

*snip*

Is that usb header custom or something you can get 'off the shelf'?
We've some physical security keys which I'd like to stow 'neatly' without any Heath Robinson cables!

Yeah there's USB header on the mobo directly. Just because ESXi can be run off a USB stick just as well as from HDD.

I've seen those headers on Server/WS boards by Asus and pretty much in every new board from Supermicro.

swiftcurrent2011100100017.jpg

swiftcurrent2011100100016.jpg

swiftcurrent2011100100015.jpg

swiftcurrent2011100100013.jpg

swiftcurrent2011100100012vnv.jpg

A few pics of getting everything wired in at my new house. All of this is going into a rack. I got an old telecom wall-mount rack about 24U and I took just the front rails where everything screws to and am getting my dad to make it a full four-post rack open on the sides and back. Nothing fancy, but it'll do the trick. I'll update you when I get it.

Pictured:
- Yellow server - WHS 2011, 4 GB RAM, 2x2 TB, 2x1 TB drives. Atom D525.
- Small black server - Untangle. 4 GB RAM. Atom D525.
- Dell server - customized the case to fit a Tyan dually in it. Dual Opteron 285, 10 GB RAM, ESXi.
- HP T5000 Thinclient. 256MB Flash, 512MB RAM. Runs XPe and is used for my majicjack which is wired back to my patch panel through an adapter to convert RJ11 to RJ45 and then back again on the other side of the drop. I also fax through the majicjack.
- 24 port patch panel
- Mikrotik RB450G
- HP 1810-8G
- Dlink 5 port gigabit switch. (Soon to be replaced with a 1410-24G)
- 2Wire modem in bridge mode. 25/2 mbps DSL.
- POE injectors for my Unifi access points.

Back