Network pics thread

I wish 5.8.0.3 was general release So we could install it. Content filtering via app rules is kind of a nice thing

I think i know why my internet is slow at some times....

Screen%252520Shot%2525202011-08-26%252520at%2525207.51.57%252520PM.png

yup that screen show says its all...
The reason its slow is that you are using a sonicwall device. :D

My network is now down to a cisco consumer router, modem and laptop :(

Had to shut everything off due to the hurricane so the UPS can stay on longer. First time with both the ESXi and the SAN offline. booooooooooo :(

Make sure you put 12.2(33)SXI6 on that 3C ... :)

Or at least avoid: SXH, SXI, SXI1 through 5 lol. Or if you have balls try out SXJ and let me know if it even boots :)

6504/3C combos have worked out well for us so far ... powerful yet compact router.

Wired this up today at work. Its an 8 door access control panel. Electrician ran the wires for me, i had to cut/terminate/label them

301687_2018416695474_1095570040_31926467_2935530_n.jpg

they are long just incase they have to move the box someday.

Hey Adam.. You forgot the network cable..

Thats called a "service loop" although not exactly a loop, i dont like loops because they get bulky and you can't trace the wire to the ID label on it. But they are long in case i ever need to take them out/cut them/move them/etc... ya never know. Ive had some of my guys cut them exactly to length and then i go in for service and i cant move anything out of the way. For example, if i have to replace the board, i have plenty of room to move the wires out of my way. As for the length on the actual wires going into the panel, i made them long so that they don't pull out. I've found with these particular panels if i keep them shorter, they tend to get pulled out from the board. These panels DONT allow for a lot of bare wire to get screwed down, they use VERY little wire, i dont like that, so i have to keep them a bit longer to make sure they can't get yanked out accidently.

I think i went a little too long on these though but still, good in case i have to service it. I dont have to worry about moving wires around and having one fall oout.

Damn boards made in canada, go figure, they make me put everything together (all those circuit boards, i had to install and wire up, whereas most panels are a single panel inside the box already... good part is if a device burns out, like a relay, i replace the relay board, or the power supply, thats good for service, but takes longer to install...)

Network wire isnt ran yet by the electrician. Its a union job so the electrician is running the wires for us, so i dropped off cat5 for him today so he can run me the wire.

Zing was for the network cable comment since this is a Network Pics thread...

I would have given anything if our contractors for alarms digital video and access controls did half that clean of work. They could have thrown in an extra j-box for the input wire leads if the rest were that clean!

Thanks. I wish i had piping/etc... available, which i don't. Im an IT director but they send me out for access control jobs because i do good work. But the rest of wires were not piped so didnt matter much on this job. Its in a telecom closet anyway so no real need.

Heres some more... this client has 2 DVR systems, and they had them in a back closet originally but we convinced them to have us build new rack mount systems and rack-mount them to a cabinet on the wall in top corner of office.

This picture is missing the 2nd DVR and the 2nd storage array. Pictured is a 16 channel system with a 10 drive array. I installed another 32 channel system with a 20-drive array in the blank spots. The rack pivots open (middle atlantic rack)

302975_2018541738600_1095570040_31926585_7988400_n.jpg

307343_2018545658698_1095570040_31926588_4526202_n.jpg

Heres a photo of takeover im doing. Contract has us swapping out about 10 of these access panels and putting our own in. Easy to understand why they are going with us based on this old install... what a mess of wires in here:

316683_2018550058808_1095570040_31926589_6451151_n.jpg

Heres a photo of takeover im doing. Contract has us swapping out about 10 of these access panels and putting our own in. Easy to understand why they are going with us based on this old install... what a mess of wires in here:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne...18550058808_1095570040_31926589_6451151_n.jpg

That's more like what I'm used to seeing. Sad thing is, it didn't matter who we contracted to do the work because they always would sub out the installs to the same local yahoos that always screwed things up. We had to start including exclusionary clauses on what companies could not be subbed.

The end user doesn't care about quality installation, but it goes a long way for stability and controlling TCO. Kudos...

Adam, that last picture looks like a day's worth of troubleshooting lol
Just wondering why you don't have a fitting or bushing where the wires enter the panel on your new install :p

I didnt have any with me :( I didnt have any of those locking things electricians use, used them all up.Not really needed, as the panel is a smooth hole, not a jagged hole like on other boxes.

Just got these free goodies today :)

Well actually, the g5 dual 2.4 6 gigs ram & 3 120gig sata drives with os dvd's was a bargin, had to buy a friend a cheese berger :) SCORE!! he had a few that were collecting dust and wasting space :) Now i have 2 g5 servers, one is brand new with out proc's & ram & drives. Will be a spare machine for parts.

The G5 pictured below has fiber card too :)

The G4, well it's garbage. WAY to loud to run and meh!

Free sonic walls today :)

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

Back