Network pics thread

Are there any good networking forums? I want to look at more network / self rolled untangle or pfsense boxes. Finding a good forum seems to be hard.

Probably the wrong place to post this but it seems this gets the best traffic from people that would be involved in other hardcore networking communities.

forums.untangle.com :)

Building a untangle box is very simple :)

Mine has 4 nic's in it and 3 networks all running from one box.

forums.untangle.com :)

Building a untangle box is very simple :)

Mine has 4 nic's in it and 3 networks all running from one box.

Been browsing around there and posted a few times under a different name ;)

Looks like the NICs in the AOpen are (unfortunately) the following:
eth0: RTL8168/811d at 0xf85d2000
eth1: RTL8168/811d at 0xf85f8000

Been browsing around there and posted a few times under a different name ;)

Looks like the NICs in the AOpen are (unfortunately) the following:
eth0: RTL8168/811d at 0xf85d2000
eth1: RTL8168/811d at 0xf85f8000

go intel, or go home :)

HAH! Intel Nic's are cheap!

go intel, or go home :)

HAH! Intel Nic's are cheap!

I had two gbit intel nics waiting to go into something when I finally bought it, but of course no PCI slots here. Oh well, I will see how it performs (I already know pfSense will run on it) and go from there. I'm considering trying entangle for the first time.

Got some Dell R210's in at work for some test boxes. They look so cute in my rack.

2.66 quad, 4gb ram, raid 1

I was shocked how small the R210's are considering what is inside. I may try to get a few more and put one in each wiring closet to do some IDS and packet tracing stuff with.

photo-1.jpg

if it is, GOD DAM! he is lucky! Look at those pro-curves and waps :)

Some nice gear yes, however older K9G series cisco WAPs, a couple PIXes, and then what looks to be a PC 2650-24 and a 2650-48. All of which can be had for about $1000 tops on ebay. Replace the procurves with Catalyst 2960-48s and that was pretty similar to my CCNA rack.

you guys are close,

HP 2848
HP 2824
ASA 5505
2106 access point controller
1131 APs

This gear if sor a side rpoject i'm doing. I do however have some of the same gear in my home lab (switches and access points, don't have an access point controller or an ASA in my lab)

This is sort of virtualization related, but I'll place it here. New box I'm popping together for Hyper-V

:D

I maxed the slots with 4GB ECC DIMM's

I should only need about 30-40GB, but it never hurts to have more. Much easier then going with 32GB and going... dammit!

Full shot:

Looking good :) if you don't need that extra ram, i can give you my mailing address :)

6add6fa2.jpg

Two shiny new AIR-CT5508-500-K9 racked up and being configured.

The rest of that rack

a9e5f234.jpg

Don't worry, cable management bars are on order... sigh

two CT5508-500. A nice way to drop close to $100k to fill 2u

edit: oo, the firewalls. Yeah, they are asa-5540 iirc, and 2811s for console access and voice

Last edited:
Nice 5508's, Ive got them in my new corporate build.. my 4402-25's aint cutting it anymore.

Its a shame I work for such a smaller company now, I can't even sneak pics... some have been lucky enough to see the datacenter pics though.... 220 or so racks in our US DC, another 60 or so in the UK.

Berg, nice stuff dude. I just finished up a new floor build.. buncha 3750'x, 1142n's, and as stated above(unfortunately) my 4402's which will be migrated out soon.

Nice! But seeing windows on such a high end machine just seems like a waste. Sorry, I'm a Linux guy. :D

This is just for the specific purpose of Hyper-V, Windows VDA, RDP session host, yada yada, etc. My four other Hypervisors are Citrix Xen connected to an MD3000i and AX150i respectively. :D

I love Linux as well, but as a franchise we're primarily a Windows shop by default, 95% or so Windows is required for the software that we have to use.

<rant>
EDIT: Which reminds me of a rant, one of their latest pieces of software written within the last year or so. Get this, was coded for Windows XP only, and will not under any circumstances run on anything else but XP. They also spent MILLIONS of dollars on this pile of steaming dogshit
</rant>

Back