Network pics thread

img0051kt.jpg

New Procurve E2510G-48 that is replacing a 10/100 HUB for a client. BTW that hub is currently their core, and they were wondering why their network keeps having all these issues.

New Procurve E2510G-48 that is replacing a 10/100 HUB for a client. BTW that hub is currently their core, and they were wondering why their network keeps having all these issues.

Wow, from hub to that? I would say like night and day but I don't think thats an extreme enough difference. More like paper airplane vs. F22 Raptor?

On 2nd thought maybe not a Raptor, let's just say from a speed perspective an SR-71 Blackbird perhaps?

Wow, from hub to that? I would say like night and day but I don't think thats an extreme enough difference. More like paper airplane vs. F22 Raptor?

On 2nd thought maybe not a Raptor, let's just say from a speed perspective an SR-71 Blackbird perhaps?

It gets better. We suggested that they buy this switch after they had a network outage. Their on site person got them back up by power cycling the hub, but it was stuck at 10, we tried everything we could think of to get it to go back to 100, but it just wouldn't do it. We thought maybe a firmware update, but 3Com doesn't even have it on their site anymore.

To say the least I am looking forward to the swap. I am also looking forward to replacing their Compaq Proliant (not HP, Compaq) DL380 G1 / G2s with new hardware very soon when they finally approve the P2V conversion project we have proposed for them. The network got put in in early 2001, and they really haven't upgraded since. The only upgrade I have seen is a 4TB buffalo terastation as a Backup NAS.

In unrelated news, the pieces of network I carry with me everywhere (this was taken right before a touchup)

img0031rrv.jpg

And the other ones

23468130342950614912428.jpg

Anyone think they are more of a geek then me?

Last edited:
Anyone think they are more of a geek then me?
umm...... im almost speechless...... You sir, are going to end up the gayest tattoo's list. You ALMOST top the guy with the fedora sleeve. Wow.....

Kids, there is a "hidden" lesson here..... get gay tattoos and your love life will consist of late night encounters with a sex doll
biggest_tool_ever.jpg

lots of pics[/IMG]
Dude.... you're playing with fire.... Either you're an intern or your still weeks into your orientation because you shouldn't be posting that... One word... COBC

. I suggest that you edit your posts... Take it from an ex employee..

Dude.... you're playing with fire.... Either you're an intern or your still weeks into your orientation because you shouldn't be posting that... One word... COBC

Figured it was too good to be true. Usually the best pictures are the ones taken without permission :)

Moved my home network off the random furniture today, also put my home server near the switch as well, just built it last month.

WHS:
2GB RAM
Zotac mini-itx board
Core-i3 @ 2.93
1 TB WD green
1 TB WD black
Lian li case.

I'm sure everything else in the network is obvious.

network-1.jpg

network-2.jpg

looks clean, but it's not really good practice to use those staples on cables. you can buy staples that have a plastic U that prevents it from crushing the cable.

Moved my home network off the random furniture today, also put my home server near the switch as well, just built it last month.

WHS:
2GB RAM
Zotac mini-itx board
Core-i3 @ 2.93
1 TB WD green
1 TB WD black
Lian li case.

I'm sure everything else in the network is obvious.

I spy gigastraps. Good choice :D

I get that. I was WUT-ing the fact the dude posted a picture of himself on the internet tubes with a fuck doll haphazardly laying around. Perhaps an "OH SNAP!!!!" would have been more appropriate. :D

I get that. I was WUT-ing the fact the dude posted a picture of himself on the internet tubes with a fuck doll haphazardly laying around. Perhaps an "OH SNAP!!!!" would have been more appropriate. :D

Actually I think that's a manikin, but am not entirely sure, the picture was taken in the shop I got the tattoo in so I am not exactly sure what is up with it.

Whatd i miss! I wanna see it, what was it a photo of?

Heck of a deal..but 100mb with 2 1 GB ports? lol would it have a purpose?

I am going to use it as the core of my network. There are no gigabit connections going to the current core switch as all of the gigabit stuff is on one switch that is in another room than the core of the network

how do people get $25 for that... I have a stack of 4000Ms that I couldn't get rid of on Craigslist for $10 lol

how do people get $25 for that... I have a stack of 4000Ms that I couldn't get rid of on Craigslist for $10 lol

Those 4000's are a tank though...never got hot no matter what was being thrown into it and very quiet too :) But many just don't like the bulky-ness. (it's old son it's old...lol)

Here is some before and after on the hub replacement. We found a TON of old gear that is now removed from the LAN, running iperf to do a before and after they are almost 3x faster then they were. We even found a server with a BNC connector hooked to the old hub, thankfully we had a PCI-X Ethernet card and it is happily on a GigE card now.

Before
qciold.jpg

After
qcinew.jpg

Cables are not NEARLY how I want them to look, but ran out of time. We are going to be doing a large upgrade project in the next couple months for this client and when we do that I will be doing some proper cable management.

Here is some before and after on the hub replacement. We found a TON of old gear that is now removed from the LAN, running iperf to do a before and after they are almost 3x faster then they were. We even found a server with a BNC connector hooked to the old hub, thankfully we had a PCI-X Ethernet card and it is happily on a GigE card now.

Before
qciold.jpg

After
qcinew.jpg

Cables are not NEARLY how I want them to look, but ran out of time. We are going to be doing a large upgrade project in the next couple months for this client and when we do that I will be doing some proper cable management.

Looks way better than before :) Nice work, say is that an old Bay Networks switch at the bottom in the after?

Some pics of a install i did today, a roll out for a system. Some nice stuff :)

P1040279.JPG

P1040283.JPG

P1040285.JPG

P1040286.JPG

P1040292.JPG

P1040293.JPG

POE :)

P1040294.JPG

Connected :)

P1040296.JPG

I believe Mr. Lightworker is talking to you, Mr. Dashpuppy, regarding the Netgear FS/GS724T (looks like one), in the rack above the Juniper SSG5.

@Dashpuppy Nice work! The AP's are in a ceiling that looks like a best buy...

Nope not even close :)

I believe Mr. Lightworker is talking to you, Mr. Dashpuppy, regarding the Netgear FS/GS724T (looks like one), in the rack above the Juniper SSG5.

That netgear is for the location's basic network! Nothing to do with what i was doing :)

Plus its only a 10/100

Back