Network pics thread

Some new toys that arrived last week:

Catalyst 3560-24TS and a 3560G-24PS

IMG_0105.JPG

This is my Cisco lab that I'm using for testing and lab work.

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

From top to bottom:
Cisco 871w
Cisco 2509 access router
Cisco 2620XM router
Cisco 2520 router (frame relay switch)
Cisco 2611XM router
Cisco 3550 switch
Cisco 2950
Cisco 2950
Cisco 2950
Cisco SB SRW2024 (needed something gigabit)

for my 2611xm i actually have the NM-2V with a FXS and FXO card, playing with the phones is cool, i want to move our entire house over to it but my mom won't let me since the FXO card doesn't do caller-id, found out i need the version 2 FXO card to do that, which means i need the NM-HD-2V first LOL. But a 1760 is probably gonna be coming along soon as it stands i have no way of doing my network the way i want LOL.

Now for some pics:
100_1636-1.jpg

starting from top to bottom:
westell 327w DSL modem
Linksys WRVS4400N
Dell 5324 24 port gigabit switch
24 port patch panel(still need to get somethings for it first LOL)
cisco 2950 - being used as my CME switch
cisco 2611xm - running CME 4.3 and will be my edge router soon, got an AIM VPN module to help with my current VPN connection to a friend.
cisco 2650xm - was gonna use as edge but found out it doesn't suppot the AIM moduel i bought :(
cisco 3660 - gonna server as a frame relay switch, also has an NM-ATM-T3 module i'm gonna sell on ebay since i will probably never use it LOL
black box cat5 KVM micro extender, connects to my file server in the basement

3x cisco 3548's, got an amazing deal on ebay for them LOL only reason i have them
3x 2924's - again an amazing deal on them
2x 1924's - i was a noob at one point and bought these.

i'm studying for the CCNA right now and eventually on up, needless to say i have the switches to setup a full campus design as well as routing for frame relay, might pickup like 1-2 more routers for the frame relay switch. I also am putting together a computer that will be put on the rack to configure my cisco stuff and serve as a TFTP server, SVN repository, itunes "server", and setup apache to learn some PHP/website stuff, i would like to also setup something on that computer to monitor network usage since the WRVS4400N does port mirroring, but not sure what app to use. Hope you guys like.

Thats a nice setup. Once i get some more room I will be upgrading to a Skeletek rack but for now my little 12U will do. For monitoring I have heard good things about Zenoss Core. I used it back 2 years ago before I had cisco routers and just used it for server monitoring but heard it works great with networking gear. Best of luck with your CCNA

MikeTrike: How is the BOMGAR RDP working out for you? I am currently looking for a solution for my clients to do remote support.

Sorry for the delay, got super mega busy! On that note, it works great, solid, easy to use. The B100's only support one operator, if you need more grab one of the bigger appliances.

Some core equipment for upcoming lan party.
It has currently 2 10GE modules, 12 GigE copper and 12 GigE SFP.
It will have some more copper modules.
SBx908.jpg

http://crisu.egress.fi/Kuvat/SBx908.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Sexy! You've inspired me to start pricing out a fantasy LAN party core network ;) What switch(es) would you guys "recommend", that can do 8+ ports of copper 10gbe?

Cisco 3560E, 4900M, 4500, 6500 all support a handful of 10gig X2 ports, but I think the copper twin-ax 10g modules are only SFP+ and won't work. The distance specs are low on the coppers anyway, meant for top-of-rack to server links. You'd be better off running fiber for the distance.

4900m will be the most affordable, but to be real, nobody here is going to drop $12k on a lan party switch...

Last edited:
I just upgrade my infrastructure on my colo gear, including a second switch. So now, aside from my firewall\VPN concentrator, all components are fully redundant:

6 IBM x336 1U Servers:
Dual 3.0GHz Xeon, 4GB RAM, 2x72GB U320 SCSI, Emulex LightPulse LP9002
(Database clustered servers have 6GB RAM)

IMG_1529.jpg

1U Monitor/Keyboard/Mouse

IMG_1532.jpg

OmniView PRO-8 KVM

IMG_1533.jpg

2x Catalyst 3500 XL switches (fiber uplink visible)
backs of 6x IBM x336 1U servers
back of MSA1000 FC SAN

IMG_1534.jpg

Last edited:
http://crisu.egress.fi/Kuvat/SBx908.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I also wanted to ask... how much did that baby cost you? I was browsing their site but all it says is "Contact us for a quote"! I'm guessing it's expensive :p

yea I have discovered that if it says "call for quote" its usually out of my budget...

I just upgrade my infrastructure on my colo gear, including a second switch, so now, aside from my firewall\VPN concentrator, all components are fully redundant:

6 IBM x336 1U Servers:
Dual 3.0GHz Xeon, 4GB RAM, 2x72GB U320 SCSI, Emulex LightPulse LP9002
(Database clustered servers have 6GB RAM)

What are specs on the HP?

Full2s.png

Network1s.png

Servers1s.png

now all i need is a ups and some patch cables :D

EDIT: that orange crap is that damn dust we had in Australia....and thats after i cleaned it :/

What are specs on the HP?

The MSA1000 is equipped with two 6-port FC switches in HA mode with 256MB battery-backed cache each and 14x U320 10000 rpm 147GB hard drives (configured into two 4-drive RAID-10 arrays and two 2-drive RAID-1 arrays for the clusters with 2 hot spares).

Switches!

as I am co-hosting a Win7 Launch Party Friday that is combined with a Lan Party I am also a host of ( 20-30 people ) just getting the switches together! :D

not shown is a 2nd Cisco 24 port 3524-XL which is at a frirend's house ( who is the other host actually )

Shown 2x Dell Powerconnect 2224 (was a steal at $15 a switch ) ebay searching FTW :D
Cisco 3524-XL
Cisco 3548-XL

I buy all my Cisco Stuff from NetworkHardwareSupply on eBay. usually has good deals and is one of the nicest guys on ebay you'll find. His Store..
http://stores.ebay.com/id=284197894&ssPageName=STRK:MEFSX:SST

SDC10024small.jpg

Make sure you pick up a HW/S6000 SX GBIC Transceiver Kit for your cisco switches for some fiber goodness. The orange threads always impress the friends. :D

yea I will eventually, Money is the main issue atm. but it won't be needed this time around as I talked to my friend after I made the post, only 10-15 will actually be gaming. so I will probably be jsut taking the 48 port switch, and we have plenty of cabling so it should be all good.this time around.

but the planned big lan will be next summer so I plan on getting them by then.

Make a "best offer" on this kit from this vendor. I just scored a brand new kit from this same guy for $25.

Also,

wtc.JPG

Huh? :D

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Hah hah. Well, the other day I was cleaning out my garage and found this guy in a box of stuff labeled "To eBay" :D

IMG_1535.jpg

Yep. That's an ISA SoundBlaster soundcard. When I pulled out the motherboard, I couldn't even remember what that slot was called and had to look it up.

Slot 1 was the bomb back in the day. Right around the time of the steam engine...

the 98 disk is for an old school dos/95/98 gaming rig

its on an older 400MHz P2 I had laying around. :D

and no its not for sale. there are a few iso's available for it on the interwebz

Back