Network pics thread

Might want to get those batteries off the cold concrete floor....

I believe, but don`t quote me, that that belief is old and outdated from the days when lead acid battery cases where made of doped wood and used to slowly leak over time and the electrolyte would be absorbed by the concrete.

As I say, I`m not 100%, but keeping them off the floor would not be too difficult, nor would it cause adverse effects.

I'm not sure what you mean by shelf?

As for accessing the hot side, the cabinet has wheels. Power is a single cable to the cab, as is data so I just left a large loop on those. When I need to get at the back I just wheel the cab forward.

This, obviously, is going to get a little harder once I get my UPS + 2 Battery Packs in there...

Yeah, the cab is about 30cm from the wall, and the shoe cabinet is only about 20cm deep anyway, so the door opens fine.

Might want to get those batteries off the cold concrete floor....

Yeah that's not going to be their permanent location. I'm not sure yet where I want to put them. I might build a shelving system specifically for them and to have room for expansion. Would have to be very strong though, those suckers are heavy. :eek:

id post a picture of my rack and room, but GOD DAM! it looks like 9 bombs went off in here..

dooo iiiiiiit!

I want to see. :) I always enjoy photos like that.

Ok, here you go.

DSCN3251.JPG

DSCN3252.JPG

DSCN3253.JPG

networking gear piling up in my closet.

DSCN3254.JPG

2 x 1u servers i got for free yesterday.

DSCN3255.JPG

My Aleph class A amp's that i am starting to work on again, building some proper chassis.
DSCN3256.JPG

Building the CRC psu for my amp's
DSCN3257.JPG

I am moving soon for a job I believe- Dash whats the specs on the 1u boxes?

I got a cisco 3500XL i gotta deal with, I feel it gets too hot- but i got it used, idk if last owner tinkered with fans or what the deal is..

I am moving soon for a job I believe- Dash whats the specs on the 1u boxes?

I got a cisco 3500XL i gotta deal with, I feel it gets too hot- but i got it used, idk if last owner tinkered with fans or what the deal is..

old lga775 cpu, and one is a single core xeon using ddr400 YUKS lol

I can help with the 3500 getting to warm...

^ To add to that, I like the blue glow, awesome.

Seeing all them drives reminded me I need to replace one of mine, it seems to have just died on me. It's been flashing orange for a while, only now it's just started flashing red. Glad it's the hot spare and not one of the main ones lol.

Also also, what are the 2 6 drive boxes at the bottom? They look nice!

1337709636657.jpg

so loud.

didnt think that purchase through very well, I dont think I can rack it in my office, as I will have to hear it all the time.

unless I can swap the fans somehow

sadly I was going to get a netscreen 50 but the 1000 was cheaper

^ To add to that, I like the blue glow, awesome.

Seeing all them drives reminded me I need to replace one of mine, it seems to have just died on me. It's been flashing orange for a while, only now it's just started flashing red. Glad it's the hot spare and not one of the main ones lol.

Also also, what are the 2 6 drive boxes at the bottom? They look nice!

Intel SR1550's; they're dual xeon machines with 16GB RAM and 5GB NIC's a piece.

1337709636657.jpg

so loud.

didnt think that purchase through very well, I dont think I can rack it in my office, as I will have to hear it all the time.

unless I can swap the fans somehow

sadly I was going to get a netscreen 50 but the 1000 was cheaper

Pm me :) I'll help

Dash whats a 3500 worth to you? lol.

PM me, I would most likely rather unload it then fix it.

Yea, two of the fets are melted along with every cap/resistor between the top two heatsink fins.

I am going to post some pictures today, I actually have had the servers and some of the network equipment off this weekend to take a break... Well opening everything up, blowing it out, etc.

Back