Network pics thread

Holy super duper UPS overkill batman. Isn't that a 4Kw UPS?

It's a 3000VA + EBM

Whats with the sweet adtran switch in the middle of no where

Temporarily handling the L3/NAT stuff for our AT&T VDNA voice service (which is going away). However I'm going to have them re-configure the MIS router with a LAN IP and have it do the NAT later. Only necessary because you need to schedule the changes with AT&T on the MIS router.

Looks like either the 3000VA or the 2200VA model with an external battery.

Another update of one of our remote sites. New ProCurve 2520's w/PoE and a refurb 7103dl Router.

Going to put up two outdoor UniFi's and one indoor model to replace our Meraki's.

Got enought CCTV cameras in the building? lol. Hows that cyber power UPS working for ya? My side job has one on there server, camera server, back up drive, and monitor, and it always says zero load? Actually the only light that come on is power and ground. Any ideas?

Got enought CCTV cameras in the building? lol. Hows that cyber power UPS working for ya? My side job has one on there server, camera server, back up drive, and monitor, and it always says zero load? Actually the only light that come on is power and ground. Any ideas?

It works, I don't use it for much. I think it just has a SonicWALL TZ170, cisco ATA and a few other low power devices. I replaced it's internal batteries about a year ago. The acid destroyed the connectors and it was not working, as we found out in a power outage. lol... As for the CCTV stuff, it's all old and not properly maintained. I've been considering a Ubiquity system at each site. They originally spent like $20k on this crap... Because of that I try to keep myself involved at least in part with all of the technology deployment decisions. The whole deployment of that thing is just crap and tacky. All four of our locations look like shit and have a crap camera system that does not work for shit. :( /endrant lol

It works, I don't use it for much. I think it just has a SonicWALL TZ170, cisco ATA and a few other low power devices. I replaced it's internal batteries about a year ago. The acid destroyed the connectors and it was not working, as we found out in a power outage. lol... As for the CCTV stuff, it's all old and not properly maintained. I've been considering a Ubiquity system at each site. They originally spent like $20k on this crap... Because of that I try to keep myself involved at least in part with all of the technology deployment decisions. The whole deployment of that thing is just crap and tacky. All four of our locations look like shit and have a crap camera system that does not work for shit. :( /endrant lol

did you just say tz170 ? woah ! :)

thats some old cctv stuff, time to go all poe cameras :)

did you just say tz170 ? woah ! :)

Yeah, SonicWALL is not my favorite, and it will go away as well. We only needed it in the past because Untangle did not support IPSec. And now that UT supports IPSec, we're getting rid of it. Because they are too f***ing late!

thats some old cctv stuff, time to go all poe cameras :)

Indeed, that's a Q2 of next year project.

Temporarily handling the L3/NAT stuff for our AT&T VDNA voice service (which is going away). However I'm going to have them re-configure the MIS router with a LAN IP and have it do the NAT later. Only necessary because you need to schedule the changes with AT&T on the MIS router.

I'm sorry.. We have AT&T service and hopefully we'll find out early January if we can bail on them. Our current ISP acquired a company that should make our mpls become on network and be able to provide us internet and phones out there as well.

Another update of one of our remote sites. New ProCurve 2520's w/PoE and a refurb 7103dl Router.

Going to put up two outdoor UniFi's and one indoor model to replace our Meraki's.

What is your CPU usage at on the 2520 PoEs? Have some that all seem to hover at 45-55%. Just 2 VLANs and STP, can't figure out why they don't settle down. Upgraded to 14.30 with no change

What is your CPU usage at on the 2520 PoEs? Have some that all seem to hover at 45-55%. Just 2 VLANs and STP, can't figure out why they don't settle down. Upgraded to 14.30 with no change

Hmm, not sure what they are doing, we're running three VLAN's at the moment. Will be 5+ later.
2%, 7%, 5%, 5%, 4% across five switches that I just peeked at.

I took one last shot before I left today.

My new VoIP stuff is working great across the network without issue so far. I only racked up about a half hour worth of calls on it, but flawless while testing. I just need to get bigger loads across the fiber.

And I still need to remove that stupid adtran.

I took one last shot before I left today.

My new VoIP stuff is working great across the network without issue so far. I only racked up about a half hour worth of calls on it, but flawless while testing. I just need to get bigger loads across the fiber.

And I still need to remove that stupid adtran.

polycom ?

Yeah, we've got like 130+ Polycom 650 handsets across four locations.

EDIT: Here is a before/after splice.

I was looking at getting a new poly com sip Phone not sure what model to get but i want a nice screen and 4 lines...

I was looking at getting a new poly com sip Phone not sure what model to get but i want a nice screen and 4 lines...

The 650 has 6 lines and HD voice, the 330 is cheaper but only 2 lines and no HD. And finally a 335 will give you 2 lines with HD voice. I got a new 670 in my office because it has GbE. :)

Where'd the poweredge go?

Which one? The 1U R200 got dragged back to HQ and the old 2800 got given away to my brother as opposed to putting it in the trash. The 2800 was a terminal server that got popped into that Hyper-V box. And the R200 was running untangle, which is now decommissioned.

I just finished upgrading the network core for a small cluster of office buildings located at the Oil & Gas facility that I work at. We replaced three aging Catalyst 3560's (Two 48port POE & one 24port POE that handled the routing) with a stack of Catalyst 3750-X's. The top and bottom are WS-C3750X-48PF-S with 4x 1G uplinks, and dual 1100W power supplies, and the middle is a WS-C3750X-12S-S with a 350W power supply. We have more buildings going up as we speak, so the rest of those SFP ports are going to start filling up pretty soon.

With I had some before & after pics, I did my best with what was available to clean up the mess that was left for me.

My project for next month is upgrading the core of our main network here on site. We will be replacing two ancient Catalyst 4506's with with two brand new 4506-E's with 7LE Supervisors, a few 48port 1000BASE-X SFP cards, and a few 48port 10/100/1000 PoE cards. Expect lots of pics from this project!

miketrike, at&t vdna is what, hosted voip? PS nice norstar cabinet on the very left side. I'm guessing it's no longer used.

miketrike, at&t vdna is what, hosted voip? PS nice norstar cabinet on the very left side. I'm guessing it's no longer used.

Yeah AT&T VDNA is Hosted Voice, it works reliably. However lacks some basic features such as BLF support, Operator console on a computer, Custom Music on Hold, etc.

Oh and it's expensive... Let's just say we'll be going from about $7,000/mo~ for all of our sites, down to $1000/mo~ by bringing it in house again. What's funny, is that $7000/mo is cheaper than what we were paying before the VDNA service. However I felt comfortable to take on the Voice this time around, so we can get that bill under control.

Yeah all of that stuff on the wall is trash. I have not had time to rip it out. I doubt we'll ever sell the building, as it was custom built for us decades ago, so that should not be an issue.

Yeah AT&T VDNA is Hosted Voice, it works reliably. However lacks some basic features such as BLF support, Operator console on a computer, Custom Music on Hold, etc.

Oh and it's expensive... Let's just say we'll be going from about $7,000/mo~ for all of our sites, down to $1000/mo~ by bringing it in house again. What's funny, is that $7000/mo is cheaper than what we were paying before the VDNA service. However I felt comfortable to take on the Voice this time around, so we can get that bill under control.

Yeah all of that stuff on the wall is trash. I have not had time to rip it out. I doubt we'll ever sell the building, as it was custom built for us decades ago, so that should not be an issue.

Are you building your own sip server ?

Are you building your own sip server ?

After talking to a few local companies, we decided to roll our own on 3CX box. You might like to play with it, I know you like new things to mess with; they also have a free version. :) We paid for the 64 simultaneous call version, the non-call center edition.

Almost done, what better way to get rid of carpet in the server room, than to use raised flooring. :)

I do give you credit for pulling off a raised floor

We were quoted like $12-$13k to have a company that specializes in that stuff. I got 150sq ft worth of used floor kit from these guys, with all the stuff we needed, stands, 2'x2' tiles, epoxy, rails for about $1850~ shipped to our warehouse. And we estimated about $2500 from the local contractor, so not too shabby, I also pulled off a generator. I've been wanting a generator for years. :) This year has been a good year for us, so I have been getting as much done as I can pull off.

After talking to a few local companies, we decided to roll our own on 3CX box. You might like to play with it, I know you like new things to mess with; they also have a free version. :) We paid for the 64 simultaneous call version, the non-call center edition.

i did play with it, but found freepbx better, and still running till this day..( points at spa942)

For home use? Also, better call quality?

the pbx server in in another city, i have 3 phones here at my house that talk to it. Local to the pbx server there are about 10-15 phones, including iphones, desktop phones and those linksys pap2 devices.

Dash.

I just finished upgrading the network core for a small cluster of office buildings located at the Oil & Gas facility that I work at. We replaced three aging Catalyst 3560's (Two 48port POE & one 24port POE that handled the routing) with a stack of Catalyst 3750-X's. The top and bottom are WS-C3750X-48PF-S with 4x 1G uplinks, and dual 1100W power supplies, and the middle is a WS-C3750X-12S-S with a 350W power supply. We have more buildings going up as we speak, so the rest of those SFP ports are going to start filling up pretty soon.

With I had some before & after pics, I did my best with what was available to clean up the mess that was left for me.

My project for next month is upgrading the core of our main network here on site. We will be replacing two ancient Catalyst 4506's with with two brand new 4506-E's with 7LE Supervisors, a few 48port 1000BASE-X SFP cards, and a few 48port 10/100/1000 PoE cards. Expect lots of pics from this project!

Have you noticed that the activity LEDs on the 3750X switches seem to blink really fast compared to other Cisco switches? We deployed a stack of those a while back. It seemed like the LEDs blinked really fast. Checked for loops and multicasting. Didn't find anything wrong. Just seemed odd.

Well did some cleanup, not finished yet but it sure is a big step in the right direction.

Before.
IMG_20111012_095643.jpg

After
IMG_20111123_151243.jpg

Don't mind the mess on the left...thats the phone system that I'm not even going to touch as we are going VOIP in Q1 next year.

Love that remote PDU, it was the first piece of hardware i bought when i decided to build a homelab in the loft ;)

Well did some cleanup, not finished yet but it sure is a big step in the right direction.

Before.
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g222/krzywica/IMG_20111012_095643.jpg

After
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g222/krzywica/IMG_20111123_151243.jpg

Don't mind the mess on the left...thats the phone system that I'm not even going to touch as we are going VOIP in Q1 next year.
Nice job!
What's the two old prolients on the bottom right doing these days?

You should post more. Great site you have as well :cool:

Back