Network pics thread

I have one of those Dell machines sitting on my desk collecting dust, i5 4 gigs ram 250gig hdd doing nothing at all...

With those 3 NEC Monitors (Capable of 4), makes me wish I had a desktop instead of a laptop with a dock and the dual monitors I have now. Suppose I could always find someone who needs a nice laptop. Get a desktop and a small 12-13in laptop to tote around

With those 3 NEC Monitors (Capable of 4), makes me wish I had a desktop instead of a laptop with a dock and the dual monitors I have now. Suppose I could always find someone who needs a nice laptop. Get a desktop and a small 12-13in laptop to tote around

Thats why i don't use the mini dell, i have a work laptop E6400 A dock 7 2 24" lcds :) Bought 2 docks on ebay for my laptop for 50$ works perfectly. I gave the other dock to the guy up island and he loves his too...

Thats why i don't use the mini dell, i have a work laptop E6400 A dock 7 2 24" lcds :) Bought 2 docks on ebay for my laptop for 50$ works perfectly. I gave the other dock to the guy up island and he loves his too...

I have a e5510 with dual dell 20 wides. I stole one of them from a project that we have going. I'm thinking on giving it back and getting one of those nice dell 30in monitors. then turn my other 20 on it's side right next to it

I have a e5510 with dual dell 20 wides. I stole one of them from a project that we have going. I'm thinking on giving it back and getting one of those nice dell 30in monitors. then turn my other 20 on it's side right next to it

Here :)
DSCN3082.JPG

Found this at a Garage Sale, this guy had no idea what he was selling.
A little beat up, but all the ports work...except there are a few on the back i cant test yet.

DSCN1276.jpg

DSCN1277.jpg

Wow, worth a 1-2k.

and with stacking and 10g modules.

We use them for our backend iSCSI network.

Last edited:
What a dipshit. We have 2 6224 stacked together as our core switches in a couple offices. They work out well for what they are. They also have the stacking ports & 10g interfaces too. Wow.

Didnt ask, had a bunch of other computer shit, but nothing worth nearly as much.

I dunno I wanted to get a L3 switch to learn a little bit with, but i might list it on ebay since i really dont need 10gbe.

We got the start of a shipment in the other day...

OuhGO.jpg

8x 2951 Voice routers pictured. The rest of the order goes something like ~50 3560 8 ports, ~20 2960 24ports.

no kidding if you don't need it and managed to score it for 80 bucks i'd be willing to take it. I've been needing 10gbe anyways LOL

some servers do actually have a top vent, Proliant DL320 is one example. If you leave 1U its best to get a 1U blacking if you are trying some sort of hot/cold aisle. Also it is a bit easier to slide them in and out when they have a gap.

2950's have a top vent in the back but they are designed to be on top of each other.

Now if you weren't in a true server from with CRAC's I could see leaving some space.

I'd be more okay with 1U gaps, but seeing ~1/3 of a U here, and ~2/3 of a U there makes me crazy.

I'd be more okay with 1U gaps, but seeing ~1/3 of a U here, and ~2/3 of a U there makes me crazy.

I agree...drives me crazy as well.....our racks were the same when I got here and I am slowly re-configuring them back to how they should be.

I don't mind the gaps if they are properly spaced...like in sound racks, you want 1U between amps, with vented panels, because of the amount of heat they produce.

The 1/3 or 2/3 gaps drive me nuts as well. A lot of server rails wont install securely unless lined up to the U markers properly.

some servers do actually have a top vent, Proliant DL320 is one example. If you leave 1U its best to get a 1U blacking if you are trying some sort of hot/cold aisle. Also it is a bit easier to slide them in and out when they have a gap.

Seriously? Which generation?

Got my new SG-200 26 mounted and configured this weekend. What a awesome switch.

DSCN3083.JPG

Far.
DSCN3084.JPG

Back