NEC MultiSync LCD3090WQXi-BK spotted

Oh, yeah, I will just jump right on a $2300 dollar monitor. :D

I am thinking about the Dell 3007HC for about $1000 less and it is still a lot for a monitor unless you have professional application.

ha. well i wish i were in your shoes....I'm just waiting for the day they are available here to plunk down the old credit card.

then again, i am going to be using it for my profession, so it's not as ridiculous.

Oh, yeah, I will just jump right on a $2300 dollar monitor. :D

I am thinking about the Dell 3007HC for about $1000 less and it is still a lot for a monitor unless you have professional application.

Just spoke with NEC....they said the first batch just went out, and more should go out by the end of the week.

She also didn't know anything about spectraview support, but said the product is not being bundled with spectraview, and because of that said it may not be supported. If that's true, I'm blown away. talk about dropping the ball.

hope someone can give me better news than that.

happy to say, i found this over on dpreview.com (linky) posted by Will Hollingworth, who works for NEC, who has been wonderfully active in the forum over there helping out a lot of users.

(he's discussing the next version of spectraview)

"It will be supported in the next release which is undergoing testing now. This version will add support for the Spyder3 and LCD3090. It will be posted online for paid users to download. The release date will probably coincide with the ship date of the LCD3090.

--
Will Hollingworth
Manager of OEM Product Design & Development Engineering
NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc. "

Wow! 30hz?

I keep hoping something else will come along, but it just keeps looking like the ole 3007 remains the best choice for straight PC gaming.

It does not look like a typo

1920 x 1440 @ 30 Hz
2560 x 1600 @ 30 Hz

Unexceptable; especially at such a high price.

That sucks

Dave

30Hz seems pretty unbelievable...like it is a typo or something...guess we'll see....

I think those are the resolutions for single-link DVI or VGA input. For dual-link DVI, it supports 2560x1600@60. Just look at the user manual I linked on the last page. It does say "timing signal is not recommended" next to that mode but who knows what that really means. Right above it is a screenshot that clearly shows 2560x1600 V:59.9

i wouldn't be surprised if that were true...This monitor is really aimed at graphics professionals, not gamers.

now their new curved display...thats a whole different story.

I think those are the resolutions for single-link DVI or VGA input. For dual-link DVI, it supports 2560x1600@60. Just look at the user manual I linked on the last page. It does say "timing signal is not recommended" next to that mode but who knows what that really means. Right above it is a screenshot that clearly shows 2560x1600 V:59.9

You'r right; thanks for clearing that up. I am really hoping that NEC delivers where others have failed.

Have fun

Dave

I have a Dell 3007WFP that is just driving me insane......I have tried so many times to calibrate it without any kind of success. I can't wait for these things to be available.

can't wait for mine! Already paid for it, including overnight shipping....now it just has to show up!

It appears this LCD is now in stock at various vendors. Does anyone have one on order and plan to do input lag tests when it arrives? That would be most usefull.

It appears this LCD is now in stock at various vendors. Does anyone have one on order and plan to do input lag tests when it arrives? That would be most usefull.

where do you see it in stock? I only see places that put shipping at 1-2 weeks or places that tell you to call to find out estimated shipping dates?

If anyone has one in stock, I'll buy the damn thing today and do all the testing I can... :)

where do you see it in stock? I only see places that put shipping at 1-2 weeks or places that tell you to call to find out estimated shipping dates?

If anyone has one in stock, I'll buy the damn thing today and do all the testing I can... :)

Agreed; I do not see it in stock anywhere.

Dave

Items this expensive and with a low sale volume are generally dropshipped direct from the manufatures warehouse instead of from the vendor directly. IIRC the 24/2690 panels are done that way.

Items this expensive and with a low sale volume are generally dropshipped direct from the manufatures warehouse instead of from the vendor directly. IIRC the 24/2690 panels are done that way.

yep, i think many retailers (provantage for instance) did just that. Other retailers, however, do stock the item (pcmall, cdw, and dell), but they still haven't received their first shipments yet, at least that's what i've been told when I contacted them.

Yah, I noticed that too, but it says ships in 1 to 2 weeks. I think that means they expect them in pretty soon. Mac Zone says 7 to 10 days.

We should finally see something pretty soon.

Dave

yep, dell's been saying that for a week or so. wonder how accurate it really is.

Does this monitor have a scaler? Been looking at a 30" but I've got the NEC 2690 and I'm a bit worried about the high resolution when it comes to gaming and even watching movies, some my movies on the 2690 look a bit funny when I maximise the screen so on the 30" they will look even worse. That is my only concern because I know the quality of this monitor will be spot on just like most NEC products.

So in other words you're wanting it to have a scaler? I just hope there's such a thing as a fast scaler...

They still do not have it in stock yet.

From Mac Mall

Availability: Place your order today and be one of the first to receive this product when it arrives!

Finding a good price on this thing looks like a real challange as well.

There is at least one person on here that ordered it already. We should hear mnore in a couple weeks.

Dave

I too am seriously thinking of buying this new 3090. After reading about problems with the 30" from Dell, Gateway, and Samsung, it would appear this is the best contender so far. I am hoping someone will receive one soon and let us know. It has a 12ms/6ms response time so I would think that occasional gamers would be happy with it, but we will just have to wait and see. I called Monitor Outlet about it and he put me on hold to call his NEC rep, then told me that the first shipment is in testing and should be available in 10 to 14 days which does correspond to what NEC told me when I called them.

I called Monitor Outlet about it and he put me on hold to call his NEC rep, then told me that the first shipment is in testing and should be available in 10 to 14 days which does correspond to what NEC told me when I called them.

That is the part that Dell missed. Good for them. Get it right, even if it taks longer

Dave

I called Monitor Outlet about it and he put me on hold to call his NEC rep, then told me that the first shipment is in testing and should be available in 10 to 14 days which does correspond to what NEC told me when I called them.

yep, I just got off the phone with pcmall and they are now showing an estimated ship date of April 11th. He said they have 24 units backordered...so who knows how many they'll get in that first shipment.

So in other words you're wanting it to have a scaler? I just hope there's such a thing as a fast scaler...

I'd prefer one yes because I can see myself using this monitor at different resolutions. For example films or when I might need to do some gaming. In an ideal world you would want as little input lag as possible but I'm not a hardcore gamer so it isn't a huge deal for me.

Yes it has a scaler: http://www.necdisplay.com/cms/documents/ColorBrochures/LCD3090WQXi Brochure_0108.pdf

Analog and Digital inputs with many resolutions supported.

Have fun

Dave

Seen that brochure a while back actually but thanks again for the link. I wonder how good the scaler is, I know on the Dell even at 1920x1200 you can't tell the difference so hope this is the same. Am very tempted to get it but also would prefer to see him some reviews before I bite the bullet but not sure I can keep myself from ordering until then!

I'd prefer one yes because I can see myself using this monitor at different resolutions. For example films or when I might need to do some gaming. In an ideal world you would want as little input lag as possible but I'm not a hardcore gamer so it isn't a huge deal for me.

Seen that brochure a while back actually but thanks again for the link. I wonder how good the scaler is, I know on the Dell even at 1920x1200 you can't tell the difference so hope this is the same. Am very tempted to get it but also would prefer to see him some reviews before I bite the bullet but not sure I can keep myself from ordering until then!

I am tempted as well, but I got one of the early Gateway XHD3000 and it was a mess. I plan to wait for others to report from the bleeding edge. The fact that they are actually testing the first batch before they send them out is a real good start.

I have been waiting for a good 30 incher with a scaler for over 2 years, so a few more weeks will not hert.

Dave

So has anyone gotten their hands on one of these things yet? Any professional reviews?

I have yet to see any. I really want to see how this thing performs. Someday when I have more space in my home office I may just end up getting one of these things!

the wait is just killing me! I've got my order in at pcmall, but now CDW shows it as in stock (here)....for $170 more than at pcmall. I'm almost tempted to just crumble and order it from CDW, but that's quite a bit of dough.

edit: and after sitting on hold with pcmall for over 30 minutes so far and I still haven't spoken to anyone....certainly making switching my order to cdw easier if this keeps up.

Back