NEC LCD2690

Hi,
I am considering this monitor as well for professional graphics/photo work.

Am I losing to much with this monitor if i can only connect it through VGA?
(I work on IBM laptop with VGA port only)
I mean, spending some $$$ for quality monitor and losing it on a VGA connection?

Is there any other solution to get a DVI port out of my laptop?

thanks

Yes, you're definitely loosing by using NEC 2690WUXi through VGA port. How much I can't really tell you, since it's not really easily "measurable", but you display picture won't be as goo as through DVI.

As for solution - yes, there is a way to add DVI port to your laptop. There are PCMCIA cards eith DVI ports, just google it, you'll find several solutions / products.

For example:

http://www.villagetronic.com/vtbook/index.html

I'm curious, how many units are actually suffering from this problem. Are all of them affected, and it is only a matter of degree to which they manifest the high pitched whine, or are only a certain number displaying this oddity?

I'm very interested in the 2690 right now. This is the only potential turn off that is making me hesitate atm.

The high pitched issue has been dealt with. It was pretty much only existant in the very first production run which almost all of shipped to Europe. There have not been reports of models being purchase with the noise in months.

As for the box dimensions, it is way to big to take as a carry on. The display comes assembled standing upright so you can imaget the box is big.

Lucky new buyers. I have a serial no: 711... early European model and it has the high pitched whine. Very irritating - all the more so in a £900 display. Nothing to be done about it as NEC won't change it for a new production model and have been unhelpful.

What is the default sharpness setting? I have my display set to 28% but am concerned that this may give a misleading view of the sharpness of images I am working on in Photoshop and Painter.

David

The high pitched issue has been dealt with. It was pretty much only existant in the very first production run which almost all of shipped to Europe. There have not been reports of models being purchase with the noise in months.

Thank you very much for your response, travbomb. That really helps to set me at ease. I wish there was a knowledgeable company rep for each and every major manufacturer in these forums. :)

I've got one more question for you. I've noticed that many NEC displays, particularly high-end models such as the 2690 have small slats (i.e. vents) that run all along the rear portion of the bezel.

I'm wondering - is this a design choice specifically made by NEC, or is it more utilitarian in nature, more for dissipating heat the display generates?

Travbomb. Has the problem with the colorcomp calibration for mid luminance levels in the factory been sorted yet?

Thank you very much for your response, travbomb. That really helps to set me at ease. I wish there was a knowledgeable company rep for each and every major manufacturer in these forums. :)

I've got one more question for you. I've noticed that many NEC displays, particularly high-end models such as the 2690 have small slats (i.e. vents) that run all along the rear portion of the bezel.

I'm wondering - is this a design choice specifically made by NEC, or is it more utilitarian in nature, more for dissipating heat the display generates?

Dissapating heat. Since the power supplies are all internal in the NEC's ventilation is needed to avoid over heating and such.

Dissapating heat. Since the power supplies are all internal in the NEC's ventilation is needed to avoid over heating and such.

Thanks again. I think Apple spoiled me with their good looking LCD's on the front and back, but I since 99% of my time will be spent looking at the front of this LCD, it probably won't be much of an issue.

Enable Spectraview profiler LUT calibration for EU's Multisync 2690's here:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com...=105510#105510

Say Tamlin....I've noticed you've been super active in this thread. As an owner of this monitor whose had some time to test it's ins and outs, are there any fresh observations you'd like to add about this display? Sometimes things only begin to stand out after a while of use, and I think you are probably in a good position to evaluate any small quirks or facets of this awesome display. Also, thx for your help @ the WSGF....I haven't registered over there, but have gotten some great tips in the Widescreen Wiki. Keep up the good work!

Say Tamlin....I've noticed you've been super active in this thread. As an owner of this monitor whose had some time to test it's ins and outs, are there any fresh observations you'd like to add about this display? Sometimes things only begin to stand out after a while of use, and I think you are probably in a good position to evaluate any small quirks or facets of this awesome display. Also, thx for your help @ the WSGF....I haven't registered over there, but have gotten some great tips in the Widescreen Wiki. Keep up the good work!

Thanks! :)

I'll update the review I have during this week with new observations. Some I need to validate a bit first.
I did run a test with ToastyX's checkerboard patterns btw.
The one with checkerboard bleeding into the solid, didn't happen on my screen. Seems like its not an issue.
The one with the boxes however is another chapter. From middle to left side of the screen I could see parts of the boxes turning pink as ToastyX stated. When the screen is calibrated, the boxes are normal no matter where on the screen I put the pattern. But, I noticed that if I turn the black level settings down after calibration, the boxes turn pink again. Since its not happening when calibrated, I don't care much about it, but I am curious of why this happens. I think it adds red in the lower end of the gamma curve. On the black level adjustment, its possible to choose the black level RGB values and its function is to adjust the lower gamma curve values I think. :)

I'll update more later when I'm finished updating my review. :)

Yes, you're definitely loosing by using NEC 2690WUXi through VGA port. How much I can't really tell you, since it's not really easily "measurable", but you display picture won't be as goo as through DVI.

As for solution - yes, there is a way to add DVI port to your laptop. There are PCMCIA cards eith DVI ports, just google it, you'll find several solutions / products.

For example:

http://www.villagetronic.com/vtbook/index.html

Thanks a lot for advice, umbolo!

Soon I did realize that VGA port is a no go for screens like NEC 2690WUXi.
Today I have bought a Thinkpad port replicator II with DVI port, that had to
be tweaked to output 1920x1200 resolution.
All the info for those with thinkpads: http://www.driverheaven.net/modtool/
btw, this week I am buying NEC 2690WUXi or 275T SAMSUNG,
cant wait!

Are you sure you are not hitting the colorcomp flaw that I have experienced? The colorcomp flaw is that for certain mid luminances, there was an error in calibration at the factory and colour uniformity goes a bit out of whack. Try turning colorcomp off and see if the problem goes away? NEC Europe have confirmed this is a problem on several batches of 2690s.

It most normally appears after a calibration to around 120cdm2. After this, a white screen will show it up, but you can also induce it by putting the monitor in factory defaults, display a white screen, and put low bright mode on and auto luminance to 1 or 3.

The other possibility is if you display a test pattern with vertical black/white lines in a pixel on, off , on, off etc., that there will be some strange colour disturbances that appear. Haven't figured out what on Earth is going on there. This applies to all 2690s.

Thanks! :)

I'll update the review I have during this week with new observations. Some I need to validate a bit first.
I did run a test with ToastyX's checkerboard patterns btw.
The one with checkerboard bleeding into the solid, didn't happen on my screen. Seems like its not an issue.
The one with the boxes however is another chapter. From middle to left side of the screen I could see parts of the boxes turning pink as ToastyX stated. When the screen is calibrated, the boxes are normal no matter where on the screen I put the pattern. But, I noticed that if I turn the black level settings down after calibration, the boxes turn pink again. Since its not happening when calibrated, I don't care much about it, but I am curious of why this happens. I think it adds red in the lower end of the gamma curve. On the black level adjustment, its possible to choose the black level RGB values and its function is to adjust the lower gamma curve values I think. :)

I'll update more later when I'm finished updating my review. :)

It is with great sadness that I pass along this post from another forum regarding our good friend Travbomb.

"Unfortunately Travis is no longer with the company. I will try and check in here every now and then, otherwise folks can PM me and I will try to help out with questions."
--
Will Hollingworth
Manager of OEM Product Design & Development Engineering
NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.

Travbomb represented NEC very well on this forum and hopefully his contributions will continue.

I am sorry to here he is not with NEC anymore. He always gave accurate information and the information that he did not know he did not try to BS anybody.

I have to admit I'm falling in love with the monitor. I was originally planning to go with the planar 26 inch but deciding to grab this Nec model instead. But curious though. What would the difference be between this and the 30 inch Apple Cinema display? Overall I have my mind set on this monitor. but I was planning to get two...one for me and one for my brother who goes to art center (A very reputable art college in california). He does 3d modeling, architectural design, lots of illustrator work as well as web/content creation. Would this Nec model be a better choice then the 30 inch ACD?

I'm going to be putting a lot of cash into these lcd panels unfortunately. If I nab 2 it'll cost me over 3 thousand...So want to make sure I'm getting the best possible choices for either of us. BTW, I game a lot more then my brother as well. FPS as well as MMO's..I also do video editing, web site design, photo editing, and visual video effects. So what would your recommendations be?...Is the Nec model a better solution then the ACD?...Since the 30 inch is 1800 dollars from the apple store while the 26 inch nec model is 1600.... Bah..being confused sucks....gotta think positive though. Atleast I can buy a spyder 2 pro and get two times the use out of it ^_^.

Are you sure you are not hitting the colorcomp flaw that I have experienced? The colorcomp flaw is that for certain mid luminances, there was an error in calibration at the factory and colour uniformity goes a bit out of whack. Try turning colorcomp off and see if the problem goes away? NEC Europe have confirmed this is a problem on several batches of 2690s.

It most normally appears after a calibration to around 120cdm2. After this, a white screen will show it up, but you can also induce it by putting the monitor in factory defaults, display a white screen, and put low bright mode on and auto luminance to 1 or 3.

The other possibility is if you display a test pattern with vertical black/white lines in a pixel on, off , on, off etc., that there will be some strange colour disturbances that appear. Haven't figured out what on Earth is going on there. This applies to all 2690s.

I've checked for the colorcomp problem when you described it in another thread, but couldn't find it. I'll test it with a moire pattern as well to check. When I put out a white screen, it seems uniform and so does grey, so I don't use colorcomp. The checkerboard test with boxes problem might be related to colorcomp, since its only happening at one side of the panel though. But, I can't calibrate the screen with colorcomp on with Spectraview profiler. In their 2690 version of the Spectraview profiler, colorcomp gets turned off. :confused:

It is with great sadness that I pass along this post from another forum regarding our good friend Travbomb.

"Unfortunately Travis is no longer with the company. I will try and check in here every now and then, otherwise folks can PM me and I will try to help out with questions."
--
Will Hollingworth
Manager of OEM Product Design & Development Engineering
NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.

Travbomb represented NEC very well on this forum and hopefully his contributions will continue.

I saw this at dpreview.com. :(
Thats sad. He did a very good job representing NEC here in my opinion!

Thats interesting. Are you using the European Spectraview profiler? If so, there are two versions of it. One that switches off colorcomp and one that doesn't. The special version that switches the colorcomp off was written because of the calibration problem. You can download the verison that doesn't switch it off on the NEC European website. If you don't know where it is, PM me and I will give you the link.

As for the US Spectraview, I believe this works with it either off or on and doesn't force the setting at all.

Unfortunately for me, with colorcomp off, the left side of the screen is brighter than the right. NEC Europe have promised to sort me out once they know a solution which may involve recalibration in Germany.

Jonathan

I've checked for the colorcomp problem when you described it in another thread, but couldn't find it. I'll test it with a moire pattern as well to check. When I put out a white screen, it seems uniform and so does grey, so I don't use colorcomp. The checkerboard test with boxes problem might be related to colorcomp, since its only happening at one side of the panel though. But, I can't calibrate the screen with colorcomp on with Spectraview profiler. In their 2690 version of the Spectraview profiler, colorcomp gets turned off. :confused:

Thats interesting. Are you using the European Spectraview profiler? If so, there are two versions of it. One that switches off colorcomp and one that doesn't. The special version that switches the colorcomp off was written because of the calibration problem. You can download the verison that doesn't switch it off on the NEC European website. If you don't know where it is, PM me and I will give you the link.

As for the US Spectraview, I believe this works with it either off or on and doesn't force the setting at all.

Unfortunately for me, with colorcomp off, the left side of the screen is brighter than the right. NEC Europe have promised to sort me out once they know a solution which may involve recalibration in Germany.

Jonathan

Yes, its the EU 2690 special version of Spectraview profiler. :) I downloaded it off their homepage and used the method I posted earlier (link )to enable LUT calibration on it. I have the multisync version of the screen and spectraview profiler refused to LUT calibrate the screen (it was greyed out) unless spectraview was enabled in OSD. Don't want to try the non-2690 version in case I get problems I don't have now... :D

US Spectraview 2 works properly with colorcomp on I've heard. Ask for a new screen. :)

I was wondering if anybody knows... I am looking for a calibration system for my 2690 multisync and thought of the spectraview software, but I get confusing answers form the companies that be (US/DE). From the US I get the info that I can buy the spectraview software and then calibtrate my monitor with it. From DE I got the info that the display cannot be calibrated, only the software can, as I do not have the spectraview edition of the monitor. Can someone explain?

I was wondering if anybody knows... I am looking for a calibration system for my 2690 multisync and thought of the spectraview software, but I get confusing answers form the companies that be (US/DE). From the US I get the info that I can buy the spectraview software and then calibtrate my monitor with it. From DE I got the info that the display cannot be calibrated, only the software can, as I do not have the spectraview edition of the monitor. Can someone explain?

In EU they turn off spectraview functions in multisync screens, while in US they don't. Therefore, you need to turn it on again for LUT calibration to work. Check my link above on how! :)

Tamlin, thank you very, very much! I found your link and will apply it. Just one more question: what do you mean by having to delete it after 14 days? I looked at the picture, and I understood you do have to license. So what you mean is: delete after use and install again when wanting to ercalibrate? Is that it? But the have your ID, so how would that work? Sorry, I don't understand.

Tamlin, thank you very, very much! I found your link and will apply it. Just one more question: what do you mean by having to delete it after 14 days? I looked at the picture, and I understood you do have to license. So what you mean is: delete after use and install again when wanting to ercalibrate? Is that it? But the have your ID, so how would that work? Sorry, I don't understand.

You're welcome! :)

I wasn't joking about deleting it after 14 days though. Even though it gives you a permanent license, using it permanently without buying the license would be illegal. You can always apply for a new 14-days demo license (log in with another email, or maybe use your current account if they approve). Then you'll still be using it legally.

Changing the screen into spectraview doesn't void any warranty as far as I've read up on it. You are simply activating a function on a screen YOU own, which allows you to use spectraview profiler which you legally have obtained a trial for. Spectraview operates within your screens limits and parameters, therefore it will not void any warranty by this either (from what I've read). 1g of the warranty link .pdf file doesn't apply to this. It only applies to faults caused by modifications. This is not a modification, just an activation of a function already there.

On the other hand, if you go into the service menu, then you can void warranty, but ONLY if the fault is caused by modifications there which makes you run the screen outside its limits. At least here in Norway. :) They can't blame any pixel defects on you going into the service menu... :p

Does turning of the spectraview features decrease the input lag of the monitor, I mean the LUT's would be bypassed or more likely default values are used.

I doubt it would effect the input lag, especially since its turned off by default in EU. From the french site (part of behardware.com/hardware.fr) les numeriques, they measured an average of 2 frames. I assume they used the EU screen. ToastyX measured it also to an average of 2 frames.

Here it is:
link lesnumeriques

I asked Travbomb about the lag & possibility of low latency mode via a firmware update or as a new model.

He said anything in the 90 series will always use the colour accurate processing & hence have that lag.

It's off by default on the US version as well. When I turn it on, the colors are all wrong, even with recalibration. When I turn it off, it's back to normal. Neither had any effect on lag. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be off for the US version of SpectraView.

I asked Travbomb about the lag & possibility of low latency mode via a firmware update or as a new model.

He said anything in the 90 series will always use the colour accurate processing & hence have that lag.

thats just great, the only thing keeping this montior from me is the stuipid input lag...

It's off by default on the US version as well. When I turn it on, the colors are all wrong, even with recalibration. When I turn it off, it's back to normal. Neither had any effect on lag. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be off for the US version of SpectraView.

It most likely supposed to be off for the US version. :) I think its only there for use with the EU version. If I turn off SV and then on again, colors here turn to a red shade. This disappears when I reenter SV profiler and choose "select system profile". Then I can reload the calibration profile and the 2690 will adjust itself after the calibration settings in the profile automatically. It looks like it stores the hardware settings in the profile and autoadjusts the display if you change profile through the spectraview profiler. :)

Good morning everybody,

does anyone out there have a serial number of a Spectraview 2690? I unfortunately have only the non-spectraview LCD 2690 which is a brilliant monitor. Would be nice if anyone could help me with a serial number of a spectraview edition ...

On the other hand there is a way to get the Spectraview II software (the software only available to customers in North America) working (Windows only!) for the non-spectraview owners. If you want to know please send me a PM.

Best regards
Oliver

Does anyone know of a more reliable site for NEC 2690 information. The Hardforum seems to be having a hard time.

i bought a lcd1990sxi, i installed garmacomp,but when i run it,it tells it can't recognise my lcd model. anyone has same question,thx.

A while back, I went to the local Apple store to look at the new iMacs. I could tell that the 24" iMac was using an H-IPS panel, and it looked great. It didn't have the faint horizontal lines, and it wasn't oversaturated. It made me want to try the 24" NEC, but I was put off by the problems I experienced with the 26" NEC.

After trying the EIZO HD2441W and being very disappointed with it, I decided I might as well get the 24" NEC LCD2490WUXi and live with whatever problems it has. Well, it turns out I don't have to live with much because the 24" doesn't have most of the problems that the 26" has.

Faint horizontal lines - The 24" does not have any faint lines like the 26" has. The strange thing is I saw the same lines on the 26" Planar, which makes me wonder if this is a problem with the 26" panels.

Backlight bleeding - The 24" is mostly uniform with only slight variations:

Saturation - The 24" is not wide gamut, so the colors are not oversaturated. The 26" does not have an adequate way of reducing saturation. It can't be internally calibrated to sRGB, and the sRGB preset does not look right at all.

Noise - The 24" does not have the continuous cricket-like buzzing noise that I heard on the 26" when I put my ear up to the vents at the top, which makes me wonder if something was changed in a recent revision. I have revision 2C.

Input switching - The 24" does not "miss" the PlayStation 3 when switching inputs with the video detect option enabled, which makes me wonder if this was fixed in a recent firmware update.

Standby mode - The 24" does not have the standby mode problem on Macs like the 26" does, which makes me wonder if this was also fixed in a recent firmware update.

Checkerboard pixel patterns - The 24" does not have problems with checkerboard pixel patterns changing colors like the 26" does. I saw the same problem on the 26" Planar, which makes me wonder if this is a problem with the 26" panels. The pattern bleeding still happens, but that's an extremely minor problem that rarely occurs during normal use.

The only problems left are the tearing at 480p and the lag, which I expected anyway. The 24" exceeded my expectations. This is the kind of image quality I've been looking for. I'm very happy with the the 24".

A while back, I went to the local Apple store to look at the new iMacs. I could tell that the 24" iMac was using an H-IPS panel, and it looked great. It didn't have the faint horizontal lines, and it wasn't oversaturated. It made me want to try the 24" NEC, but I was put off by the problems I experienced with the 26" NEC.

After trying the EIZO HD2441W and being very disappointed with it, I decided I might as well get the 24" NEC LCD2490WUXi and live with whatever problems it has. Well, it turns out I don't have to live with much because the 24" doesn't have most of the problems that the 26" has.

Faint horizontal lines - The 24" does not have any faint lines like the 26" has. The strange thing is I saw the same lines on the 26" Planar, which makes me wonder if this is a problem with the 26" panels.

Saturation - The 24" is not wide gamut, so the colors are not oversaturated. The 26" does not have an adequate way of reducing saturation. It can't be internally calibrated to sRGB, and the sRGB preset does not look right at all.

Noise - The 24" does not have the continuous cricket-like buzzing noise that I heard on the 26" when I put my ear up to the vents at the top, which makes me wonder if something was changed in a recent revision. I have revision 2C.

Input switching - The 24" does not "miss" the PlayStation 3 when switching inputs with the video detect option enabled, which makes me wonder if this was fixed in a recent firmware update.

Standby mode - The 24" does not have the standby mode problem on Macs like the 26" does, which makes me wonder if this was also fixed in a recent firmware update.

Checkerboard pixel patterns - The 24" does not have problems with checkerboard pixel patterns changing colors like the 26" does. I saw the same problem on the 26" Planar, which makes me wonder if this is a problem with the 26" panels. The pattern bleeding still happens, but that's an extremely minor problem that rarely occurs during normal use.

The only problems left are the tearing at 480p and the lag, which I expected anyway. The 24" exceeded my expectations. This is the kind of image quality I've been looking for. I'm very happy with the the 24".

Problems with the 2690? I got mine recently and after calibrating with the GRETAG IOne Display2 the monitor is one of the best I have ever seen.

Faint horizontal lines? None-existant! Backlight bleeding? Unrecognizable! Oversaturated colors? Well this is one of the few high-end monitors wich can be hardware-calibrated to the highest standards ... The colors here are exactly as I need them. They are not oversaturated at all but just true! Buzzing noise? Non-existant! Standby-mode problem on Mac's? Well my 2690 is hooked onto my Power Mac G5 and I have no such problems at all ...

So I don't know where you have your experience from. Maybe from hear-say?

My business is electronic imaging and all I can say is that this monitor is equal to some other high-end monitors with a price-tag by far exceeding that of the 2690.

But I am glad to hear that you are happy with the 2490! It is cheaper than the 2690. But anyone who can afford and anyone who needs professional equipment I only recommend to go for the 2690!

By the way I have no shares in NEC nor am I affiliated in any way to NEC! In fact I am not happy with the pricing policy of NEC because this monitor is sold in 2 versions here in Europe (normal and Spectraview version) and the difference is almost 800 Euros ... Just for the calibration tool and the hood (which is still not available).

Brgds
Oliver

So I don't know where you have your experience from. Maybe from hear-say?

Oliver

I think it is fine when others with the 2690 chime in with their experience, even if they haven't read the thread, because it is a long thread. But before making statements like above please do read the thread and then you would have your answers, and maybe it would not seem insulting, and it would make your post more credible.

Big plus in favour of the 24" then, shame they decided not to sell it in the EU...

Using the trial version of Spectraview Profiler as Tamlin suggests, is it possible to get a decent sRGB profile on the hardware LUT so that it will be recognised by all software? I'm thinking games here. Not sure how much it really matters, in the dev studios I've worked at not all of the artists calibrate their monitors properly anyhow - preferring to set things up by eye!

I'm pretty fed up looking for the perfect monitor so now I'm thinking again about getting the 2690 or the Dell 3007 (less lag but I guess the wide gamut definately can't be corrected on that thing)

here a LCD compare for some 24"--26" in a japan URL,
if someone has interesting,can go to have a look.
http://miyahan.com/me/report/computer/070125_WUXGA_LCD/index3.html#Review_CG241W
b9713dd9-26c9-4914-b4dd-de410cddcc0a.jpg

I think it is fine when others with the 2690 chime in with their experience, even if they haven't read the thread, because it is a long thread. But before making statements like above please do read the thread and then you would have your answers, and maybe it would not seem insulting, and it would make your post more credible.

Here is an extract of what you said:

"I was put off by the problems I experienced with the 26" NEC"

" ...the 24" doesn't have most of the problems that the 26" has."

"The 24" does not have any faint lines like the 26" has."

"The 26" does not have an adequate way of reducing saturation. It can't be internally calibrated to sRGB, and the sRGB preset does not look right at all."

"...cricket-like buzzing noise that I heard on the 26"

"The 24" does not have the standby mode problem on Macs like the 26" does, which makes me wonder if this was also fixed in a recent firmware update."

"The 24" does not have problems with checkerboard pixel patterns changing colors like the 26" does."

Well I believe I replied to your points from my point of view. My 2690 has none of these problems.

I'm happy that you found a screen you are satisfied with and find acceptable, though like all LCD's have its weaknesses. :)

I find this whole line thing strange. Its not that I don't believe you see them, this I do, but I've examined 2 2690WUXi and have searched through english, german, spanish and japanese forums looking for someone having the same issues. Nobody else, including tech guys that Travbomb got to check for the issues, have them. Its not confirmed here in this thread by others either. The closest thing I could find that could explain this, was errors in calibrators. I'll see if I find it again for you during this weekend. :)

I have two screens now without backlight bleed. I'll take some pictures before I deliver back the other one.

You can calibrate the whitepoint through the screen via service menu, but that would void warranty, so I haven't tried it. Besides that, you have LUT calibration of the GFX card as any other screens. It will loook right then.

I think so too. Neither of the screens have problems with noise, but only on one of the screens gives that high pitched sound. The other one gives just a low humm. Neither makes noise when I put my ear up to the front panel. Both of them needs to be listened to through side wents.

I'm ashamed I haven't tested this yet. I had early on a d-sub input from a DVD player and tested it with d-sub from the computer to check analog.

You might be right, but according to another user above, this might have been fixed in a revision on the 2690wuxi also. I don't have a mac here.

One of the checkerboard test with checkerboard bleeding into solid doesn't happen on either screen. The other test with square turning pinkish could be reproduced with both screens if I used the black level slider, but no changes when calibrated. This I can reproduce even if the squares are positioned dead center of the screen. But only if the black level adjustment is turned way down. Try and see if you can reproduce it with the black level adjustment of the 2490WUXi too. Would be interesting.

I saw your video and are insensitive to lag it seems. I would probably not recognize 3 frames of lag and definetly not the two. But all tests I've seen idicates 2 frames approx of lag. :)

From whats not been mentioned here, I can also confirm from my own tests that contrast suffer from low brightness (like 120cd/m2). Picture doesn't suffer much though from the reduced contrast.

Its good that you can finally be happy about a screen. I prefer the 2690wuxi (I've never seen the 2490WUXi, but I WANT wide gamut and need it too for pictures).

And this is just the bad stuff about the screen. I'll see if I get time again (I wrote a lot before [H] crashed) to write about the GOOD stuff I have experienced after half a year! :D

Back