NEC LCD2690

Yes that is very true, it should be the first feature you get when you start getting more advanced LCD's. Are dead pixel policies the same on TV's as I can't imagine most consumers putting up with a black dot in the middle of a 50" 1080p television?

I just found some details of a new Mitsubishi monitor here, which looks very similar to the specification of this NEC monitor.

25.5"
1920x1200
IPS panel (although listed as an 'H-IPS' as opposed to an 'A-TW-IPS')
HDCP
178° viewing angle
2xDVI, D-Sub

Responce times are close (15ms / 7.5ms g2g as opposed to 12ms / 6ms g2g) but not quite the same but then they always seems to change a little depending where you read them anyway.

The NEC and Mitsubishi companies have joined together, so I think it is bassically the same monitor. This monitor also has the high colour gamut of 92% NTSC. But I am not sure it will come to Europe. Also NEC's 24" widescreen doesn't come to Europe.

RedRebel said:
The NEC and Mitsubishi companies have joined together, so I think it is bassically the same monitor. This monitor also has the high colour gamut of 92% NTSC. But I am not sure it will come to Europe. Also NEC's 24" widescreen doesn't come to Europe.

Just a note NEC and Mitsubishi are NOT the same company. They seperated back in march of 2005.

travbomb - In reference to the pictures you put up originally, is the connection on the far left a video connection? It looks like an S-Video but I remember you saying there were no video connection on this screen. For the record I would have been willing to pay extra for composite, s-video and component connections but I don't know what $250 would have added to the euro price :(

I am still waiting for my 2690 that is on order, it looks like it's been delayed a 3rd time :mad:. I currently have no monitor at all and am getting angry with people promicing dates and not delivering.

artmonkey said:
travbomb - In reference to the pictures you put up originally, is the connection on the far left a video connection? It looks like an S-Video but I remember you saying there were no video connection on this screen. For the record I would have been willing to pay extra for composite, s-video and component connections but I don't know what $250 would have added to the euro price :(

I am still waiting for my 2690 that is on order, it looks like it's been delayed a 3rd time :mad:. I currently have no monitor at all and am getting angry with people promicing dates and not delivering.

The "s-video" looking connection is the optional speaker bar input.

I lean very much to the Eizo S2410 currently. Over here in Holland the Eizo S2210 and S2410 are reduced in price and sell for E769,- and E1149,- (disc-planet.nl) now the prices are the same as in Germany (would they have listned to me ;) ).

For that you get 5 year warranty (30.000) hours and the shop I am talking about gives 100% pixel warranty WITHOUT extra money!

This is new for Holland.

The shops that are selling NEC over here are not easy to give pixel waranty, you have to pay about E100 extra. I thought the hardware calibration from the NEC would be an advantage, but NEC's support told me that their current Spectraview software doesn't support the 2690 yet. It is also unsure if this software will work on monitors sold in Europe.

I will make a few phone calls, but I think I have made up my mind.

I think it is a pitty that NEC Europe mainly focusses on the business market and not the consumer market. It's easier over here to find and see a Eizo or Lacie in a shop then a NEC model.

RedRebel said:
I lean very much to the Eizo S2410 currently.

You should maybe browse Luminous Landscape forums, several people complained about same type of problems with those Eizo displays.

And I think you get 4 year warranty for top of the line NEC monitors.

travbomb said:
At this point Europe has decided to only take on the 2690 and not the 2490.

I wonder who is this smart guy who make those decisions. I really would like to meet him :)

I can not find any official NEC site regarding these monitors or their actual release date in U.S. If anyone has a link I appriciate it.

My dealer here in Holland claims that it will be in stock at 18 november...but they have said that before, so just be a bit patiënt. My IIyama CRT is still working :eek:

I have spoken with NEC and the 26 inch monitor is not now due to be released until January in the UK. Expected retail price is £789 + VAT.

The reported pixel pitch for the 2690 on the NEC website is wrong. It is .2865, not .270.

Thanks for the links travbomb. I find it interesting that the 2690 can go to 85Hz vertically. That's pretty good for a LCD.

I have already seen OSD screen that indicates that 2690 is capable of 1:1 pixel mapping and it also supports HDCP. I can not however find any confirmation that is accepts full 1080P signal. As you guys know having HDCP does not translate automatically to able to accept 1080P signal (e.g. Dell 2407FPW)

Any confirmation on these?

karadur said:
I have already seen OSD screen that indicates that 2690 is capable of 1:1 pixel mapping and it also supports HDCP.
Do you have any links to 2690's OSD screenshots? Would be interesting to see some.

some here including a test shot showing the 1:1 pixel mapping option:

100_0597%20(Large).JPG

That shows it's using VGA. The real question is, are scaling options available when using DVI?

What I really want to know is, will it support 480i/480p/720p/1080i/1080p over DVI?

ToastyX said:
That shows it's using VGA. The real question is, are scaling options available when using DVI?

What I really want to know is, will it support 480i/480p/720p/1080i/1080p over DVI?

what leads you to believe that is VGA and not DVI? And i dont see any reason why it would be available in one mode and not the other tbh.

ToastyX said:

It will support all progressive scans over DVI including 1080p.

Also it will have the same scaling options over DVI.

Badd said:
what leads you to believe that is VGA and not DVI? And i dont see any reason why it would be available in one mode and not the other tbh.
Options like "H.SIZE" and "FINE" shouldn't be available with DVI, and the NEC 20WMGX2 has scaling options with VGA but not DVI.

travbomb said:

That's great news!

Hey hey hey

I think i love this new nec 26" tft, i was really really hoping to have one b4 christmas, but as you probly know this display has been delayed till january some time, how very disapointing, i feel like ive been stood up on my first date :(

Is anyone able to comment about what this display will cost in australia, $1750usd converts to about $2220au, id pay that for NEC quality i spose :p

I am also curious about input lag on this unit, i hope as soon as its possible someone can test it to see.

I also need to know how low this display will go on its stand, can anyone comment ?

This delay for release, its my fault and im sorry, whenever i get my hopes up about something this always happens :(, and if i have to wait another 2 months will be torture as i have been looking to buy a nice display for about 4 to 5 months :mad: !ROAR!
Maybe something else thats worthy will be released in that time, buying a high-end TFT is like a nightmare that wont stop lol

travbomb said:
Here are a few answers:

1080P = Yes

60 Hz at 1920x1200

travbomb said:

Does this apply to the 2490 as well? What about the 1:1 pixel mapping, also on the 2490?

In general can the 2490 be assumed to have the same features as the 2690, other than the lcd panel and it's different color characteristics?

I think it would be a good thing if NEC synchronises their importers and resellers about release dates.

The NEC 2690 is discussed since july, it should have been available some where in october, then november, now its december and others even claim it's januari 2007. a Few days ago I contact a shop that shows it on it's website and they claim it would be available from 18 novbember, yesterday I called NEC Europe and the couldn't tell me a release date...after a 15 minute phone call. After a few hours they maild me it should be half december... :confused:

Since there are no reviews about this monitor yet, I realy start doubting if it's worth to wait for this monitor.

cb474 said:
Does this apply to the 2490 as well? What about the 1:1 pixel mapping, also on the 2490?

In general can the 2490 be assumed to have the same features as the 2690, other than the lcd panel and it's different color characteristics?

It seems that 2490 doesn't have the same features. 2490 is supposed to cover 72% of AdobeRGB, while 2690 covers 92%. It's a bummer, since I'm more interested in 2490 (apart from that 24" model won't be available in Europe, which is double bummer). 2690WUXi looks great, but 1920x1200 is not enough for 26" display IMHO. The dot pitch is probably too big for me (I have to see it in usage, but right now I have 1600x1200 on 19" display, I guess the jump would be to steep).

umbolo said:
It seems that 2490 doesn't have the same features. 2490 is supposed to cover 72% of AdobeRGB, while 2690 covers 92%. It's a bummer, since I'm more interested in 2490 (apart from that 24" model won't be available in Europe, which is double bummer). 2690WUXi looks great, but 1920x1200 is not enough for 26" display IMHO. The dot pitch is probably too big for me (I have to see it in usage, but right now I have 1600x1200 on 19" display, I guess the jump would be to steep).

I realize there is the difference with the AdobeRGB.

My questions are about all the other specifications of the 2490 vs the 2690. Does 1080P work on the 2490? Will the 2490 support all progressive scans over DVI including 1080p, as travbomb said. Will 1:1 pixel mapping work on the 2490 over all inputs including DVI?

In general, other than the AdobeRGB difference, can the 2490 be assumed to have the same specifications as the 2690?

forbidden,
Hi mate. That is also what worried me is the same res. on a 24" on a 26". I would prefer the res. of a 30" on it FTW.
I was also thinking about the 24" but it sounds like it is a down grade from my samsung 244T. I hope I am wrong. Any idea when the 245T is due out? And what cost?
cheers

Kev when you say downgrade, do you reffer to the better contrast and brightness of the 244t, i thinking you do, so please keep in mind one is a pva and the other is a ips :p i cant ever see you letting go of your 244t hehehe.
The NEC 24" from nec's website claims it will have the same backlight features as the 26" :D
http://www.necdisplay.com/products/ProductDetail.cfm?Product=516
http://www.necdisplay.com/products/ProductDetail.cfm?Product=517
It dun say anything about opticlear on either display.
I think the backlight setup on these NEC's will be exellent and the 12bit LUT should be awesome :D
Hope its not another BenQ 24" delay after delay saga tho....
I doubt the 245t will be released b4 the new NEC's tho, samsung does not really need to release it coz the 244t seems to do ok for them. 305t looks nice, but after dell release the 3007wfp-hc with upgraded ips panel is going to hurt samsung here maybe, but id only buy the 3007wfp-hc if it has an OSD this time, maybe 30" is too big for my desk anyways.
:p dellilama :p

BORK!

forbidden,
Yeah, hi mate.
What I meant is the pixel pitch of the 26" nec v the pixel pitch of my sammy. :confused: I know the s-ips is better tech. but it will have to be good to bat mine ;) Actually I was thinking of using one in dual setup. Either another sammy 24" or a nec 24"/26" or the new (heaven forbid) dell. I wonder how good the circuitry is this time round? Or the buzzing low grade PSU? atm the dell 30" is the best around for this size. But dealing with dell now that they will only say "this is a dell 3007 or 2407" & no details as to panel or revision number. If you don't see the problems then you won't send it back is the new motto :eek:
It's all fun,
cheers
btw. my new pc 8800gtx/c2d/680i should be finished by the end of the week :D

Oh ye pixel pitch, yeh well i hope its adequate, heard news long ago about DELL releasing a 27" with same resolution as the 24" with a pixel pitch of .303mm i believe from memory :eek: now that would probly be a little too large.

Nice rig damu :p

You are kidding me - they are more stupid then I thought :rolleyes:
Oh well, heaps of people won't notice...
cheers buddy,
later

My current IIyama 17" CRT has a pixel pitch of 0.25. The better LCD panels have about 0.27 but the 2690 is almost 0.29. On the other hand my current viewing distance between my eyes and monitor is about 18". When I buy a new LCD the viewing distance will be aprox 28" so the pixel pitch wll be less an issue. But I still don't like the idea of a 0.29 pixel pitch.

Back