NCASE M1 v2 Build Thread

I haven't noticed anything while gaming or running heaven but the person I bought it from said he noticed some whine while folding.

Finally got my V2 air build done.

• NCASE M1 V2
  • Gigabyte GA-Z97N Gaming 5
  • i7 4790K
  • Noctua NH-C14, NF-A14 PWM, NF-A9x14
  • Crucial Ballistix Tactical Low Profile (16GB)
  • Nvidia GTX 980 Ti
  • Silverstone SX600-G
  • Panasonic UJ-265
  • Samsung 850 Pro 1TB (dual boot Win10/Win8.1)
  • WD 2.5" 2TB Green
  • Startech Firewire 1x card (replaces wireless module)

A few quick pics:
IMG_3124_zpszy8ngfpe.jpg

IMG_3126_zpsf0vjo8wx.jpg

Last edited:
Who has SF600 in build? I am interested to know how much that make noise? I tested this SF600 but when fan starts spin that never stopped because temperature in case was too high.

So how I can make better ventilation in case? Because now I am using SFX-L and setup is very silent but I have little bit hope that I can change back to SF600 and use GPU without pci-e extender.

Just purchased the ncase, what aio wcs work in here alongside a full length gpu and a sfxl psu

Just purchased the ncase, what aio wcs work in here alongside a full length gpu and a sfxl psu
Any 120mm or 140mm should work as long as you get one that allows the hoses to swivel on the pump/waterblock. You can also fit 240mm aio's if you don't need the hdd cage.

Finished my fully custom water cooling X99 build a while ago. This was half a year back, but i recently found the pictures i took in the process, thought i might aswell share them with you guys. I think its a configuration that isn't seen all too often around here.
Pictures don't have the best quality, but its good enough i think.

Components are as follows:

Intel i7 5820K
Inno 3D GTX 980
Asrock X99e-ITX
Kingston HyperX DDR4 2x16GB
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB SSD
Sharkoon Silent Storm 500W SFX
3x BeQuiet Silent Wings 2 120mm

Watercooling setup:

EK Thermosphere - GPU
EK Supremacy with narrow ILM adapter
EK EPDM matte black tubing
EK Fittings
Laing DDC PWM version
Aquacomputer Aquacover DDC
Swiftech H220 Radiator

Since i didn't want to use any external reservoirs, i decided to buy a defective Swiftech H220 and use the radiator which has a small integrated reservoir.

The main focus of the build is High power with low acoustics. So i did go with Silentwings 2 for the entire system, knowing people don't recommend them for radiator use.Turns out they are hard to mount, since they come with those rubber "low-noise"adapters which are tricky to use with radiator screws, but it can be done. (And the performance isn't bad at all.)

First Pictures are from an improvised setup to get the system running until all water-cooling parts had arrived. To my surprise, the Dynatron cooler that was included with the X99 did a pretty ok job at cooling a stock 5820K, and could be tuned to somewhat silent operation via Bios.

img_3045lkl0m.jpg

img_304769anj.jpg

(Almost) all the hardware used:

img_3057y4lv1.jpg

Mounting the EK Supremacy EVO with the narrow ILM adapter-plate:

img_31030yxxc.jpg

img_3106bhlqn.jpg

My choice for the Inno 3D GTX 980 was based on two things: It had to be a reference layout because of the Thermosphere being only compatible with those, and it had a black slot cover, so i didn't have to paint it myself.
As i later found, i didn't even needed to order Vram-heatsinks since the pre-installed heatplate could be left in place with the Thermosphere installed. A 120mm fan on the bottom would blow directly on it.

img_3133aklsx.jpg

img_3152mdb83.jpg

Connecting all the tubing wasn't an easy task. but in the end everything did fit. The general rule is as always: measure twice and cut once.

img_31613faws.jpg

Finished build:

img_3173xvylh.jpg

img_3183ymb19.jpg

img_3194sdxfu.jpg

img_3203fpa48.jpg

With the water-cooling installed, i decided to go for some overclocks. Since the PC is used mainly for gaming, i was going for a mild OC on the CPU only. 4.0 GHz was possible with only 0.05 V offset on the cores.
The GTX i decided to push a little harder: 1490 MHz was the highest rockstable setting. Most games/ Firestrike would run at 1500 and some even above, but some games like GTA V or Warframe are a little more picky with high OCs.

All in all im pretty happy with the Overclocks.
And even though the main focus of the build was high power & silence, the temps aren't bad either: After 2 hours of GTA online the hottest core of the 5820K was 63 C°, the GPU maxing out at 57 C°

At idle the CPU stays in the low 30s, the GPU even below 30. I was surprised to see the CPU maxing out even below 60 while rendering, but the GPU isn't dumping heat in at those times.
This does also show that the Silentwings aren't bad for radiator use, if you set aside the fact that they are harder to mount. I set them to a maximum of 1000 RPM in the bios, and even then they are very quiet. In fact, the loudest/ most notable noise does come from the PSU-fan, which sadly won't turn off on the sharkoon unit... But i was afraid of the reported ticking noise on the Silverstone SFX-l 500.

The pump to my surprise, despite being absolutely not decoupled and sitting in fact directly with double-sided tape on the bottom of the case, is very silent.

All in all pretty satisfied with the end results. Let me know your opinions and questions.

Last edited:
There are quite a few build threads!

I first started in 2014 with:
  • i7-4770K
  • ASUS Z87I-Deluxe
  • EVGA 780 Ti
And some assorted things, and I'm happy to report I've been collecting the upgrade components over the past few weeks:
  • i7-7700K
  • ASUS STRIX Z270I
  • NVIDIA 1080 Ti (Founders' Edition)
  • 16GB DDR4 (3200, hopefully with XMP working)
  • Samsung 960 EVO M.2
I'm waiting for the water block for the graphics card to arrive early next week, and then it's tearing down the old system and building up the new one! This time I'll take pictures, of course.

But, here's the real magic for this build:
nz02v8Nl.jpg

Back