NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

they are saying to add 35mm feet so that there is room to mount 25mm fans under the case. no reason you couldnt add em on if you want, that's up to you.

oh I c what happened I was only looking at your post which doesn't have the quote about a payment. yeah idk what that part is about. maybe its one of those bots that are floating around here... CW, you a bot?

I have no idea what you are talking about :/
See pendragon's explaination
oh I c what happened I was only looking at your post which doesn't have the quote about a payment. yeah idk what that part is about. maybe its one of those bots that are floating around here... CW, you a bot?

Uhh no, I am obviously not a bot. What kind of bot would make up that sort of idea. I even explained I just wanted Necere/w360's input on the idea.

Tall feet on the M1 look silly, IMO, as for example here with (I believe) 25mm tall feet:

IMG_20141125_111230.jpg

Definitely not a change I'd consider doing for the stock M1, but you're welcome to DIY. Honestly though, if you're at the point of attaching fans to the outside of the case to fit everything - drastically upsetting the aesthetics in the process - I'd say you might just be better served by a bigger case.

Tall feet on the M1 look silly, IMO, as for example here with (I believe) 25mm tall feet:

Definitely not a change I'd consider doing for the stock M1, but you're welcome to DIY. Honestly though, if you're at the point of attaching fans to the outside of the case to fit everything - drastically upsetting the aesthetics in the process - I'd say you might just be better served by a bigger case.

Those have to be the ugliest feet I have ever seen. It isn't about fitting, but those 15mm slim fans are just awful (I'm talking about the peeps doing 240mm full custom rads on the bottom of the case), and unless the case was 10mm taller at that point of the case (which would allow regular fans to fit in their place) the only place available for regular fans is underneath lol.

Still good to have an image of it for context...

Although the other possibility is a desk cutout (which sounds kinda interesting even if impractical)

I just ordered a v1 ncase off a user on the forums. How well would a aio wc work in it? Normally I'd look through the thread but we have like 487 pages here and my time is limited.

I just ordered a v1 ncase off a user on the forums. How well would a aio wc work in it? Normally I'd look through the thread but we have like 487 pages here and my time is limited.

From everything I have read both 120mm and 240mm AIO's work great. Just avoid the extra thick rads and AIO's where the tubes come directly out of the block (Corsair H100i v2 for example). I am looking to use an H75 in my case personally.

From everything I have read both 120mm and 240mm AIO's work great. Just avoid the extra thick rads and AIO's where the tubes come directly out of the block (Corsair H100i v2 for example). I am looking to use an H75 in my case personally.
Prefect i just need something for my 5930k

Uhh no, I am obviously not a bot. What kind of bot would make up that sort of idea. I even explained I just wanted Necere/w360's input on the idea.
are you sure youre not a bot?! lol ive seen some weird bots and I swear there is one on the [H]forum just copy/pasting shit and its a brand new account too. I was just checking and no offence intended!

are you sure youre not a bot?! lol ive seen some weird bots and I swear there is one on the [H]forum just copy/pasting shit and its a brand new account too. I was just checking and no offence intended!

I am certain... Where would I copy paste this shit from? I read like 100 pages of this and didn't see anyone bring it up which was the whole impetus of sharing. I am super active on the LTT forums, just this one actually had a large thread devoted to this case which I wanted to read.

I registered an account simply for this thread and the amazing builds I have seen. I just ordered my v5 not to long ago and trying to decide which route to go (Water or Air). I have done WC on several other builds but nothing this small.

Anyone here who has done a watercooled M1 regret it or wish they had gone air simply due to maintenance/cost/time spent?

I had to dismantle the water loop in my M1 V1 a few months ago to scavenge the Titan for a mixed-SLI project (that kinda worked, but wasn't perfect), and now that the 1080's are coming I'm planning to get one for my M1 build - i wanted to stay on air this time though. I managed to find and buy a Noctua C14, but after installing it i'm a bit surprised about its performance - I'm wondering if my expectations were unrealistic, or something is wrong in my rig. Since quite a few people are running C14's in their M1s, I thought maybe someone here could help me out:

- it's installed in push-pull config with 2 side-bracket mounted Noctua F12 fans and a bottom mounted P12. I also tried using the original P14 fan and a push-only config, there was very little difference
- no other fans installed in the rig atm
- with my 4770K at stock clocks and a -100 mV offset (so running at about ~1.05V @ 3.6GHz) core temps in Prime95 (SmallFFT) are about 70-75C
- with the 4770K set to 4.0 GHz and "auto" voltage (very high, up to 1.3V) temps get to 95-100C quickly
- with the 4770K set to 4.0 GHz and a -100 mV offset (~1,21V) temps get to 90-95C, but the rig freezes after a few minutes
- tried reseating the cooler, it maybe helped a tiny little bit, hard to tell really. I don't think seating is a problem though, as idle temps are about 33-36C.

I know I can't expect water-like performance from the C14, but all the reviews available on the internet led me to believe that the cooler can handle a modest OC like the 4.0 i'm used to run. Am I doing something wrong, or should I just go back to water and stop expecting miracles?

Last edited:
I had to dismantle the water loop in my M1 V1 a few months ago to scavenge the Titan for a mixed-SLI project (that kinda worked, but wasn't perfect), and now that the 1080's are coming I'm planning to get one for my M1 build - i wanted to stay on air this time though. I managed to find and buy a Noctua C14, but after installing it i'm a bit surprised about its performance - I'm wondering if my expectations were unrealistic, or something is wrong in my rig. Since quite a few people are running C14's in their M1s, I thought maybe someone here could help me out:

- it's installed in push-pull config with 2 side-bracket mounted Noctua F12 fans and a bottom mounted P12. I also tried using the original P14 fan and a push-only config, there was very little difference
- with my 4770K at stock clocks and a -100 mV offset (so running at about ~1.05V @ 3.6GHz) core temps in Prime95 (SmallFFT) are about 70-75C
- with the 4770K set to 4.0 GHz and "auto" voltage (very high, up to 1.3V) temps get to 95-100C quickly
- with the 4770K set to 4.0 GHz and a -100 mV offset (~1,21V) temps get to 90-95C, but the rig freezes after a few minutes
- tried reseating the cooler, it maybe helped a tiny little bit, hard to tell really. I don't think seating is a problem though, as idle temps are about 33-36C.

I know I can't expect water-like performance from the C14, but all the reviews available on the internet led me to believe that the cooler can handle a modest OC like the 4.0 i'm used to run. Am I doing something wrong, or should I just go back to water and stop expecting miracles?
Water for life

Only missing the case now and im ready to build my new ultimate Ncase M1 build :)

Intel Core i7-4790K, Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti - System Build - PCPartPicker
If you bought the 980ti in the last 30 days I highly recommend returning it. With the 1080 coming out in two weeks and being as powerful as two 980ti's it would be crazy to go with one unless you've had it for a while in an old build.

And this is somewhat unrelated but I don't want to double post. My Ncase is in NYC! That means it'll go out for delivery tomorrow, I'm seriously excited for this build.

If you bought the 980ti in the last 30 days I highly recommend returning it. With the 1080 coming out in two weeks and being as powerful as two 980ti's it would be crazy to go with one unless you've had it for a while in an old build.

And this is somewhat unrelated but I don't want to double post. My Ncase is in NYC! That means it'll go out for delivery tomorrow, I'm seriously excited for this build.

Bought the 980 ti when it first released, i just made the list for some days ago. But i doubt i will upgrade to the 1080... i will upgrade my card when either nvidia og amd release their flagship HBM2 card.

And nice about the case is almost arrived, i still wait for mine to land in my country prob within the next couple of days hopefully, then the long wait in custom starts :(

That sounds a bit high. Double check to make sure that there's good contact between the cooler and the cpu, and that the air manages to escape. Tried swapping out the fan(s)? I'm running a 4690k @ 4.3Ghz (1.225V) on my C14 with a single P14r fan, P95 temps are never above 80C. Max. temp I've seen gaming(witcher 3) is 63C.

The test results found here might be of some use for comparison: Unboxing & Review: Noctua NH-C14 CPU Cooler ~ Tech-Critter

Those temps are way better than mine, i will try to reseat the cooler again later this week. Maybe i'll try using less thermal paste - though i used the same amount as usual.

guys i have a ncase m1 v4 but i want to know its weight without components inside. can anyone help me?

guys i have a ncase m1 v4 but i want to know its weight without components inside. can anyone help me?

My Ncase M1 v1 is empty so I weighed it for you. The case has silver panels with an optical drive slot in the top panel. With only the SFX mount and the power cable inside the case weighs 1803 grams. This is without the box of screws, fan filters, and drive stacking brackets or anything else including the drive cage. All 4 of the v1 fan filters weigh a total of 55 g (together, not individually). The drive cage weighs 66g. Finally, the shipment box with its two pieces of white foam and the plastic bag for the case wights 560 g. I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Sometimes I really love living in the city. Amazon had same day shipping on the dark rock TF cooler for less than $10! So it'll arrive tomorrow with my case since I missed the typical 1/2 o'clock shipping cutoff. Now I don't have to tear apart my old rig to borrow the h100 temporarily.

Has anyone actually used a dark rock TF in an Ncase? I've seen a few builds where people were planning on using it but I haven't seen any actual completed build that confirms that it does/doesn't fit.

My M1 showed up today! Shipping was way faster then I expected, Taiwan to California was 2 days then from LA to MD was another 3. I complained about the price on reddit somewhere but now that I've built it, I seriously have zero regrets, it's immaculate. I could not be happier. I went through 3 different cases before this one and it without a doubt pwns them all. I plan on reusing it for as many builds as possible.

Only thing I'm not sure of is how to deal with the right angle plugs on the SATA power cable.

Those have to be the ugliest feet I have ever seen. It isn't about fitting, but those 15mm slim fans are just awful (I'm talking about the peeps doing 240mm full custom rads on the bottom of the case), and unless the case was 10mm taller at that point of the case (which would allow regular fans to fit in their place) the only place available for regular fans is underneath lol.

Still good to have an image of it for context...

Although the other possibility is a desk cutout (which sounds kinda interesting even if impractical)

I've played with designing different feet to accomplish either a push/pull slim fan or a 25mm out of case fan and haven't come up with anything that looks good. I think just given the dimensions of the case low profile feet are the only way to go. I did see someone using 'riser' feet but it still looks a bit weird:

Maybe get rid of the feet altogether and set the case onto a base, either blocky or with sloped sides. There must be some design that would look good. The base would be hollow with openings (on which sides?) to permit airflow into (or out from) the hidden fans under the case. The case would sit on struts or cross pieces above the hollow interior of the bolttom block. Just an idea.

I got my ncase today also, Taiwan to Washington state in 6 days including weekend. Was expecting the case not to show up until next week so I still have a couple more parts in transit, oh well will be building it soon.Thanks to ncase for the awesome design and incredible shipping.

Maybe get rid of the feet altogether and set the case onto a base, either blocky or with sloped sides. There must be some design that would look good. The base would be hollow with openings (on which sides?) to permit airflow into (or out from) the hidden fans under the case. The case would sit on struts or cross pieces above the hollow interior of the bolttom block. Just an idea.

With time and money to make something in a metal shop with perforated sides or something you could probably make some sort of base or something that looks okay, I think it would have to come to that though. There's no good off the shelf feet that look good.

Could also get crazy and cut out the center of something like this and place the M1 on top of it, allowing the fans to sit through it. As Necere said though, at this point it makes me wonder if the M1 is the right case for the setup. :p SilverStone Monitor Riser (Silver) MR01S B&H Photo Video

1449012010000_1179640.jpg

Last edited:

I don't disagree at all with returning the 980ti for a 1080, but reviews are showing that 980 sli's are faster (let alone 980 ti sli's) in most games/applications

Water for life for me as well. Its been quite awhile since I've posted in here but I'm on the OG V1 Ncase and I'm a full water loop on a GTX 680 @ 1318 mhz and 4970K @ 4.5 ghz. A 1 hour stress test of Unigine and Intel's Torture Test gives me 48C on the GPU and 68C on the CPU. I'm happy

My H220 needed rma'd earlier this year and I almost went to air cooling, but the Noctura coolers are so expensive that I didn't feel it was worth it. I just grabbed a used Apogee Drive 2 and a new 240mm rad and have some pretty good temps for its size

Sometimes I really love living in the city. Amazon had same day shipping on the dark rock TF cooler for less than $10! So it'll arrive tomorrow with my case since I missed the typical 1/2 o'clock shipping cutoff. Now I don't have to tear apart my old rig to borrow the h100 temporarily.

Has anyone actually used a dark rock TF in an Ncase? I've seen a few builds where people were planning on using it but I haven't seen any actual completed build that confirms that it does/doesn't fit.

Yep! I just used it in mine on an Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/wd. So far its been awesome! only about 2c warmer than my h105 but half the space, which is why i got it so i could put my hdd on the side. It was kind of a pain to find the right orientation though.

WHEN YOU INSTALL IT: put the nuts and screws on the bracket on the cooler first, then place it on the screws that come through from the backplate and tighten those back screws. Doing it any other way will seem impossible to install.

Here the link to the album where i took entirely too many pictures of all the different orientations...

I think just given the dimensions of the case low profile feet are the only way to go.
I have replaced the feet, too. But mine are not as high as others, because I did not want to fit fans under the case. I just wanted to give the inside fans some more room to breathe. So, I guess they can still be called low profile and in my opinion are looking quite nice.

thumb_IMG_2716_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2730_1024.jpg

I've played with designing different feet to accomplish either a push/pull slim fan or a 25mm out of case fan and haven't come up with anything that looks good. I think just given the dimensions of the case low profile feet are the only way to go. I did see someone using 'riser' feet but it still looks a bit weird:

thats one sexy , sychronized desktop lol

My Ncase M1 v1 is empty so I weighed it for you. The case has silver panels with an optical drive slot in the top panel. With only the SFX mount and the power cable inside the case weighs 1803 grams. This is without the box of screws, fan filters, and drive stacking brackets or anything else including the drive cage. All 4 of the v1 fan filters weigh a total of 55 g (together, not individually). The drive cage weighs 66g. Finally, teh shipment box with its two pieces of white foam and the plastic bag for the case wights 560 g. I hope this helps.
so 1.8kg for all alu case....;)thanks guys

Back