NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

After the campaign ends doesn't mean the day after. It just means that he isn't going to start sending them out during the campaign. At least that's how I read it.

Thanks Topweasel.

Are we getting a little impatient ? These don't ship out until late November or early December, so hurrying doesn't really matter when the product hasn't even gone into production yet.

He'll need to figure out those hundreds (almost thousand) of accounts, if they have any incorrect data and verify payment, put the order through, set up deliveries for all of them. All of this in his spare time. So give them a break.

I´m not in a rush. They said it is expected for late January. I attend this forum for some time now, but just felt I need to register 6 months ago because of this mini itx. I´m very happy with this project. It´s ok to wait.

I just want make sure I donated "$245,00 USD para LEXIAO USA" for the right project.

Well, my interpretation of 'End of January' means more like they go out 1st part of January. Not November or December. But I could be wrong about that. :D

Rats, I just came upon some bonus expendable cash and its too late to order another one. :mad:

All set to go for the second production campaign. :D

Damn... I've spent the last week trying to find the ideal ITX case and sure enough the one that absolutely nails all my requirements it turns out I'm a week too late to buy one, lol. I hope you take more orders soon; this case is like everything I've been thinking about how an ITX case should be built just suddenly appeared in the real world with beautiful polish!

Amazing work. Wish I could get one!

It looks pretty sweet IMO, this is a good thing. Competition will drive manufacturers to make better products for less. With that said I would take a M1 hands down (already ordered black w/ odd). It's good to see more companies putting effort into SFF.

I agree Drklu. Although I don't think I'd buy one, I'm glad EVGA went with a small sized case. It shows that at least some companies are trying to understand SFF.

This while the Cooler Master rep at OCN is talking about their next mini-ITX case being "under 27 liters", which is obviously just aimed at the Prodigy segment of the market. He mentioned 'up to 3 x 3.5" or 6 x 2.5" SSD' and 'supporting>310mm video cards and >180mm power supplies'. When challenged about the size, he went on to say 'This size is the starting point for many people to go to MITX and that's one of the many reasons why Cooler Master is asking these questions. This market is larger than the crowdsource market of 200pcs here and there. The niche of the N1 case is not what we are approaching at this time.'

I finally have all of M1 order with changes and updates on a single Excel Sheet.

I'm looking to get a VBA / Macro in Excel to email each person with their order.

I was able to find stuff online.

BUT...if someone knows VBA well, please PM me. I need the VBA code to pull data from cells to generate emails and send.

EVGA quality all throughout that case. Instead of painting the interior it's just covered in black vinyl that easily peels off.

EVGA quality all throughout that case. Instead of painting the interior it's just covered in black vinyl that easily peels off.

That's a shame, I find it funny that they are charging $10 less than the M1 but are using lower quality components. I guess that EVGA logo adds an additional %50 percent :eek:
I also find it funny that two guys are able to design and have a outside OEM produce the M1 for slightly higher cost with way higher quality components.

That's a shame, I find it funny that they are charging $10 less than the M1 but are using lower quality components. I guess that EVGA logo adds an additional %50 percent :eek:
I also find it funny that two guys are able to design and have a outside OEM produce the M1 for slightly higher cost with way higher quality components.

In EVGA's defense, they are including a 500 watt power supply. Taking that into consideration, I think their offering is fair, just not what I'm looking for.

Don't forget the PSU that's bundled in at that price. I was momentarily tempted, but I'm just going to do my best to be patient for the M1 to arrive. I have zero desire to game with my latop anymore...but then again, I don't really have the room for a desktop setup either until first of December, which definitely makes the wait for the M1 much more tolerable ;)

It's also not aluminium, doesn't have watercooling support (need a different case for that), a lot less mounting options and it is ugly (in my opinion). There is no comparison.

In EVGA's defense, they are including a 500 watt power supply. Taking that into consideration, I think their offering is fair, just not what I'm looking for.

The 500W PSU is a good addition to the chassis, but the ability to upgrade the PSU is out of the question.

I would have liked if they made the chassis in such a way that it could support a SFX PSU, so that when you need more power, you could just buy a more powerful PSU (when there is one).

The 500W PSU is a good addition to the chassis, but the ability to upgrade the PSU is out of the question.

I would have liked if they made the chassis in such a way that it could support a SFX PSU, so that when you need more power, you could just buy a more powerful PSU (when there is one).

It is using a modified 1u server psu, so in theory you could change it.

And honestly there isn't much you could put in this case where a 500W gold PSU would not suffice ;)

Not trying to defend evga but they had to go through concept, design, and production which takes time so its hard to really say they took the M1 case to mind. Just looking at it I'll keep my M1 cases since they are a better fit for me.

Okay if anyone decdes to sell gheir m1 let me know! Really upset I missed out on the perfect irx case

I want one, and I usually do say money isn't something im worried about with computer parts but that is a bit extreme even for me :(

Damn, I missed this...:(

I'd be interested in two of these little beasties in the unlikely event you guys decide to offer more of them...please offer a few more...:)

Looks like EVGA has been trying to rip off this concept - and have done a awful job in the process. Seriously, how do they come up with such terrible designs.

EVGA's crappy ncase M1 ripoff

Congrats to the M1 team. Not only did you get fully funded, the mITX landscape has begun to change because of your efforts.

Now we just need to indigogo an efficient SFF gaming PSU ...

Congrats to the M1 team. Not only did you get fully funded, the mITX landscape has begun to change because of your efforts.

Now we just need to indigogo an efficient SFF gaming PSU ...

Are you planning on SLI? That's literally the only thing that the ST45SF-G can't handle in the current SFF landscape (and it's gold rated, so pretty darn efficient).

I finally have all of M1 order with changes and updates on a single Excel Sheet.

Heck, if you don't get VBA or mail merge figured out, I'd gladly be willing to help extract and process the confirmation emails by hand, if need be (at least a portion of them).

So, will you be waiting for everyone to respond back, confirming your info is correct before submitting the order, or should folks just respond back if any of the info is incorrect? And any sort of deadline for response?

I'm just wondering if everything will get infinitely delayed when a few of the emails inevitably get overlooked, sitting in somebody's spam folder or something.

In any case, lots of luck :)

I'm really curious if any M1 cases show up on ebay early next year. I'm thinking someone will do it. :D

Are you planning on SLI? That's literally the only thing that the ST45SF-G can't handle in the current SFF landscape (and it's gold rated, so pretty darn efficient).

And SLI really hasn't a place in SFF, unless you get a dual gpu card. Don't know why people hate on the ST45SF's ability so hard.

I haven't seen a SFF PSU with a fanless opperating mode yet, I'd like that feature for ITX builds.

Well Silverstone is working on a 300W ITX PSU right now that keeps it's fan off at certain loads. Probably will be in passive mode for anything less than gaming, so if you are using it for a home theater set up it wont be on during your movies but it will be when you game.

woot got in right before the cut off! ill get it in january but thats still fucking awesome!

If they make a 450W version of that, it would be perfect for cases and builds like these, where you can easily move your rig around and use it for gaming and as a htpc.

Awesome -- just got the confirmation e-mail and everything is good to go!

Wahaha, are you still having them bulk shipped to you and then going from there (or are they being individually drop shipped)? If they're all showing up at your place (or a rented space), please take a pic, hah :)

Wahaha,
In the order verification email if it says 'NO ODD Top Cover' that means there is no slot for a optical drive, right? Silly question I know but I just want to make sure I understood the order verification. Thanks.

Edit:
*DO NOT REPLY UNLESS SOMETHING IS WRONG

YOUR ORDER:
Black Color M1 Unit(s): 1
Black Color NO ODD Top Cover:
Silver Color M1 Unit(s): 1
Silver Color NO ODD Top Cover:

Last edited:
Awesome -- just got the confirmation e-mail and everything is good to go!

Dang.. been checking my inbox all night, and still nothing.

If they make a 450W version of that, it would be perfect for cases and builds like these, where you can easily move your rig around and use it for gaming and as a htpc.

+1.. A semi-fanless ST45SF-G (or >500W variation) would be perfect.

It goes without saying but still: check your spam folder. The mail arrives at the email address you used for Indiegogo. Check that it's not full, disabled or misspelled.

It goes without saying but still: check your spam folder. The mail arrives at the email address you used for Indiegogo. Check that it's not full, disabled or misspelled.

Yup, it's just Gmail. Been checking inbox (and social/promotion tabs), spam folder, all mail.

I'm guessing Wahaha's already got the list sorted w/priority #1 and #2, so I've probably been bumped from #45 to #545, since I missed the 1st campaign. Guess there's no perk for not screwing up your order :D

YOUR ORDER:
Black Color M1 Unit(s): 1
Black Color NO ODD Top Cover: 1
Silver Color M1 Unit(s):
Silver Color NO ODD Top Cover:

SHIPPING ADDRESS:

Haha, I love it three times :D

Woo! :D

YOUR ORDER: