NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

I really want to use the Silverstone SFX series Gold, but I hear they are really loud (buzzing noise) PSUs. I'm going to stick with the Silverstone Strider series Gold edition since those are quiet from what I've read on customer reviews

Customer reviews may be out-dated. The ST45SF-G has been updated twice already some months ago. First the V1.1 removed the coil whine on certain motherboards, now the V2.0 reduced the idle speed of the fan, making it quieter.

I just got all my parts! I'm using the ST45SF-G PSU and its whisper quiet!
I put them all in an antec case i got off Kijiji while I wait for my Silver n1 to come. I'll have to find a new cpu cooler though because my old h70 has a really noisy pump.

I'm running these on this psu with moderate overclocks:
ASRock Z87e-ITX
i5 4670k @ 4.2ghz
Corsair H70 with Panaflo Ultra High Flow Fan
gtx 780 @ 1050mhz
Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz
intel 510 180GB SSD
WD Caviar Blue 2.5" 750GB
2 Corsiar SP120 fans

Picture !

Plans for mATX version of this case?:confused::confused::confused:

interested in this case, but I would like to have a crossfire setup, maybe support longer PSUs that are in the 1000W rage.

Orders per hour have steadily dwindled over the past few days, and by tomorrow night, it will have been available for an entire week.

I say pull the plug at 600, and get the order in to Lian Li sooner, so we all stand a better chance at getting them before the holiday shopping season delays them further. After the builds start getting posted and reviews get out, do another 300-600 run if the demand increases again.

If you miss out now, you're just not as excited about this case as everyone else here.

Just my opinion, of course ;)

The deliveries are already saying January so I doubt that date will change if they stop at 600.

I don't have anything yet. I have a list on pcpartpicker just to have an ideal budget for each major part but that's it

I think by the time January rolls around, there may be new generation of video cards for both Green and Red, more motherboard choices?, newer mini-ITX CPU cooler designs?, more SFX power supplies?

It's going to be difficult to not have a defined list of parts, but I think I'll wait until I have the case to decide what goes in it. It will be exciting for sure, as everything will be new down to the input devices.

interested in this case, but I would like to have a crossfire setup, maybe support longer PSUs that are in the 1000W rage.
If you'd want a case within the next year or two, I advise you look at the new Bitfenix Prodigy M.

could i donat $5 more o ge an extra dual 3.5 hdd adaptor fo the mount? just making mine into a server for now. built a dual rad rig into a lian li tu-200 not to long ago.

I'd love to be able to purchase an extra HDD caddy, and as many other extra parts as possible.

Check out the Corsair 350D. It isn't quite designed for optimal compactness, but it will hold exactly what you are suggesting and not much else.

Orders per hour have steadily dwindled over the past few days, and by tomorrow night, it will have been available for an entire week.

I say pull the plug at 600, and get the order in to Lian Li sooner, so we all stand a better chance at getting them before the holiday shopping season delays them further. After the builds start getting posted and reviews get out, do another 300-600 run if the demand increases again.

If you miss out now, you're just not as excited about this case as everyone else here.

Just my opinion, of course ;)

No, that would be shitty and self centered. It's perfectly possible that people, including original backers (who paid for the prototype and hardware used to test fitmet of the prototpe) have not yet ordered a case. The e-mail that went out said the campaign ran for 30 days, so it's perfectly reasonable that somebody would wait and mull it over for a couple of weeks before placing their order. As somebody who funded the first campaign, and as a reward was promised a place on the priority shipment list, it would be shitty if I wasn't able to order a case because the campaign was ended early. All because you wanted the chance to get the case a few weeks earlier. Some people have been working on, and waiting for, this case for nearly a year. You can stand to wait two more weeks.

Hopefully Ncere/Wahaha360 will add additional cases to the run incase others haven't placed their orders yet. Or they are willing to kick non-original backers off the campaign for any original backers who haven't purchased a case yet.

The e-mail that went out said the campaign ran for 30 days, so it's perfectly reasonable that somebody would wait and mull it over for a couple of weeks before placing their order. As somebody who funded the first campaign, and as a reward was promised a place on the priority shipment list, it would be shitty if I wasn't able to order a case because the campaign was ended early. Or they are willing to kick non-original backers off the campaign for any original backers who haven't purchased a case yet.

They made it very clear both for the prototype campaign and for this one that a pledge for the priority shipping list in the proto campaign does not guarantee you a case. It does guarantee priority in the shipping order of the case if you buy one before they are all gone. They will try their best to get the priority list members a case but there is no guarantee. I would not wait until the last day to make a purchase.

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1040113065&postcount=4225

PS - I also checked every email since the prototype campaign and none of the ones I received state how long the campaign will last. It only started with 21 days to begin with.

Oh and 598/600

They made it very clear both for the prototype campaign and for this one that a pledge for the priority shipping list in the proto campaign does not guarantee you a case. It does guarantee priority in the shipping order of the case if you buy one before they are all gone. They will try their best to get the priority list members a case but there is no guarantee. I would not wait until the last day to make a purchase.

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1040113065&postcount=4225

PS - I also checked every email since the prototype campaign and none of the ones I received state how long the campaign will last. It only started with 21 days to begin with.

I guess I need better reading comprehension.

I recall you guys mentioning the cost depending heavily on the volume purchased.

Does the fact that all 600 cases have been sold (and perhaps more, should another campaign arise!) mean anything to either the backers or to you two on the production side?

No, that would be shitty and self centered. It's perfectly possible that people, including original backers (who paid for the prototype and hardware used to test fitmet of the prototpe) have not yet ordered a case. The e-mail that went out said the campaign ran for 30 days, so it's perfectly reasonable that somebody would wait and mull it over for a couple of weeks before placing their order. As somebody who funded the first campaign, and as a reward was promised a place on the priority shipment list, it would be shitty if I wasn't able to order a case because the campaign was ended early. All because you wanted the chance to get the case a few weeks earlier. Some people have been working on, and waiting for, this case for nearly a year. You can stand to wait two more weeks.

Hopefully Ncere/Wahaha360 will add additional cases to the run incase others haven't placed their orders yet. Or they are willing to kick non-original backers off the campaign for any original backers who haven't purchased a case yet.

I'll be fine with whatever Necere & Wahaha decide upon (except for that horseshit you said about kicking off existing orders), and stated that what I said was just my opinion.

I find it shitty & self-serving for you to believe it's alright to drag your feet on a limited production run, and then insist upon the developers to cater to your indecisiveness at the expense of others that rushed with cash in hand to get their orders in.

Again, just my opinion, and I really do hope that everyone that wanted one gets one (without causing Necere & Wahaha added work and aggravation).

The early shipping list is *not* a reservation list, and was never claimed to be. The production campaign is first-come, first-serve. That said, we're going to try to accommodate everyone that wants one and is on the list, one way or another. 600 units is a soft cap, we'll put it that way.

DAMN IT I was out apartment hunting! .. Hopefully there is another 100 or so to be done... I didn't get my funds until this afternoon! CRAP

I find it shitty & self-serving for you to believe it's alright to drag your feet on a limited production run, and then insist upon the developers to cater to your indecisiveness at the expense of others that rushed with cash in hand to get their orders in.

The pot calling the kettle black, is the right Enlish phrase for this? :D

"kick non-original backers off the campaign"

Well that escalated quickly...
Even if it's possible, why punish those who did nothing wrong? That's equally 'shitty' if not more...

AFAIK the campaign reached it's goal and funds are ready to be dispersed.

j_nels[NE];1040130638 said:
Be me.
Go camping with family for 8 days.
Come home.
600/600 claimed.

:(:(:(

Dam I'm sorry, hopefully someone bought an extra and will sell you one.

Yeah, not trying to sound like a dick, but if I don't like mine I'll sell you it. I bought the black though not the silver.

Well done, gentlemen. You spent $144,380 to make this happen and sold 600 cases in 8 days. Corsair, Thermaltake, NZXT, and others only wish they could accomplish this, and now they'll all be competing against the M1 in their future ITX designs.

What an awesome success... I can't wait to see the build logs!

j_nels[NE];1040130638 said:
Be me.
Go camping with family for 8 days.
Come home.
600/600 claimed.

:(:(:(

Aren't there a few people that bought one, realized they screwed up the order, and then bought another while requesting a refund for the first? The latest campaign update seemed to say that the refunds are going to go through soon.

Aren't there a few people that bought one, realized they screwed up the order, and then bought another while requesting a refund for the first? The latest campaign update seemed to say that the refunds are going to go through soon.

Most of the refunds (my guess) were probably due to not selecting a perk (the case), and just sending money. Some people did that, then placed a 2nd order to do it correct, then asked for refunds of the 1st transaction.

In those cases it wouldn't have taken from the total 600, since it wasn't selected on their 1st orders.

Anyway, I'm sure on monday they'll add another pool for people to place more orders from. This is all just my guesses :p

I hope you get your case. I'd contact the campaign owners if I were you.

+1 Being out of town for the entire campaign is definitely understandable. Really hope you can get one somehow!

That's equally 'shitty' if not more...
Btw, just wanted to clarify that my equally or lesser "shitty" remark about capping the campaign at 600 then doing another run later was only in response to someone asking to "discuss" the last couple dozen cases left, so I gave my personal opinion and/or suggestion for how they could handle it more easily.

1st backer or not, I totally sympathize with j_nels being out of town for the entire campaign. I just won't feel too sorry for the guys that are gonna pop up in 2 weeks begging for a case cause they couldn't figure out if they wanted black or silver, or they thought about it for months, but still couldn't decide if an ITX build was right for them.

Good luck mate! :)

Will the silver version be shipping with black feet and if so can you confirm their part number?
I'll try to bag some silver ones if needed.

Awesome work on the case by the way.

Will the silver version be shipping with black feet and if so can you confirm their part number?
I'll try to bag some silver ones if needed.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the only difference with the silver version is the 4 exterior panels. In the most current renderings of the silver case on IGG, it shows black feet.

I'm assuming they're using Lian Li SD-01B, since their other feet options aren't available in black. Could just be another custom request though? If standard, I might snag a set of the silver SD-01A to put on a black M1 so it looks like the older renderings.

http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/sd-01/

I'm assuming they're using Lian Li SD-01B, since their other feet options aren't available in black. Could just be another custom request though? If standard, I might snag a set of the silver SD-01A to put on a black M1 so it looks like the older renderings.

http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/sd-01/

Necere if has some silver ones laying around on this picture :p
img_0143.jpg

Now with the M1 case incoming :p just a few months...

should I get a H220, or is it possible to buy the half priced antec h20 1220, and mod it to incorporate GPU if needed?

any Hard suggestions ?

Back