MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4G LE Video Card w/ Witcher 3 + Arkham Knight for $300 @NE

beowulf7

[H]F Junkie
I stole this from SD:

Newegg.com has MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4G LE GDDR5 Video Card + Witcher 3: Wild Hunt & Batman: Arkham Knight Game Vouchers on sale for $299.99. Shipping is free. Thanks sub7m19

Note, limit 5 per person. Game vouchers will be automatically added to cart at checkout.

FWIW LE seems to stand for Lite Edition. From what I can gather this is identical to the regular 4g gaming but is downclocked? Weird move by MSI.

FWIW LE seems to stand for Lite Edition. From what I can gather this is identical to the regular 4g gaming but is downclocked? Weird move by MSI.
Its just a Gaming card running less of an overclock. Not sure why you find that weird as many card makers offer a similar option.

There were initially three, and now probably more 970s from MSI. I know of the following:

- The blue version with a lower end two fan cooler.

- The LE model. Has same cooler as 4G, but slower clock than blue version I believe.

- 4G Gaming. Same higher end red cooler with the larger fans. Larger OC.

- Gold version. Backplate, copper platted heatpipes, gold cooler, slightly higher clock.

I OCed my 4G Gaming by around 10% without touching voltage. I would think the LE can get similar levels to.

There's the 100ME edition as well, green and black with a backplate :). I like the pair that I have.

The "LE" edition is the non-4G card with the 4G's cooler. Compare the clocks.

Last edited:
For $300 with game bundles, I figured this would be the base version of the 970. Too bad manufacturers are producing so many versions of the same card. One really needs to analyze the part # to make sure he knows what he's getting before pulling the trigger.

For $300 with game bundles, I figured this would be the base version of the 970. Too bad manufacturers are producing so many versions of the same card. One really needs to analyze the part # to make sure he knows what he's getting before pulling the trigger.

Its still worth it if you're into the games that are bundled with it. 960 doesn't hold a candle to it so if you paid 40 a piece (which I consider reasonable) you have a graphics card thats roughly the same cost as a 960 with 2 games that you would've purchased anyway... just my thoughts...

Last edited:
Back