MS Office 2013 Professional Plus for $9.95!

Like I said, I'm pretty sure it's an intentional leak. MS has a history of these "accidental" leaks at the beginning of major product launches. The keys never get deactivated.

If it was intentional, I'd expect them to require outlook.com addresses since they've been pushing people to migrate to outlook.com.

If it was intentional, I'd expect them to require outlook.com addresses since they've been pushing people to migrate to outlook.com.

I think you're expecting a lot of the Office division to try to push adoption for the Outlook.com folks ;)

Are these single licenses? Could I install it on my PC and also my laptop without issue?

Someone claimed they work on 2 PCs, but I've yet to hear confirmation on that...

Ok cool.

Also, the deal is definitely dead. I cannot add the software to my cart now.

Same here. Takes me to the purchase page but when I click on "Add to cart" it says there is nothing in my cart.

I have a very old hotmail.
Initially it took me to a purchase page then clicked add to cart and get:
HTTP Status 404 - /hupus/logon.aspx

type Status report

message /hupus/logon.aspx

description The requested resource (/hupus/logon.aspx) is not available.

Apache Tomcat/5.5.27

Deal is dead, don't bother trying.

Slickdeals thread seems to have been deleted rather than moved to their dead deals section, wonder if MS shot them a message? :p

Deal is dead, don't bother trying.

Slickdeals thread seems to have been deleted rather than moved to their dead deals section, wonder if MS shot them a message? :p

The SD thread is still there.

If you use the 64 bit installer on a 64 bit OS or 32-bit installer on a 32-bit OS, it'll be in Program Files\. If you use the 32-bit installer on a 64-bit OS, it'll be in (x86).

'zactly!

I use Office 32-bit just to make sure there are no compatibility issues between my desktop, laptop, work computers, and school computers. Really no downsides to doing so.

Actually there are, but you have to be working with some huge documents. We've documented performance increases at work with some massive Excel files that choked or crashed on Office 32-bit. But most people would never know the difference.

Also, Office 64-bit has an IMAP integration issue with Office Communicator that hasn't been resolved yet, but again I doubt that'll be a concern for most of the people here.

Grabbed this last night. I'd normally just use Open Office and be happy, but for $10 this is pretty great. Thanks OP!

Dead. Couldnt do it at work last night and dead today.
Feck
Wonder if it will come back. :(

Still wont work for me.
Maybe I'll try the Megaupload tomorrow and save the $10.

This deal is not dead.

If you have a valid company code it still works.

I just tried it with my wife's employer and I was able to get Office, Project and Visio.

Got it earlier today, but tried again now for another set of PC but didn't work. Think its dead.

This deal is not dead.

If you have a valid company code it still works.

I just tried it with my wife's employer and I was able to get Office, Project and Visio.

Well the general HUP "deal" is always working as long as your company has a software assurance package with your license. This particular deal thread refers to the "anyone with a hotmail account" availability :p

I tried it with my other Hotmail account and it said it couldn't validate it for some reason. But I already got a copy for $15 so I'm happy with it.

I was able to use my hotmail account, and i got a email with a link, but when i try to add to cart, it just takes me to the checkout window telling me i need to add somthing to the cart so i can check out

:/

I was able to use my hotmail account, and i got a email with a link, but when i try to add to cart, it just takes me to the checkout window telling me i need to add somthing to the cart so i can check out

:/

deal is dead, yo! :(

When I click "add to cart", a popup tells me I must first search or browse for an item. Any suggestions?

When I click "add to cart", a popup tells me I must first search or browse for an item. Any suggestions?

Yeah, move on. ;) The deal is dead unless your employer has a code you can use for this.

So I jumpoed on this the other day, and well I really want a way to switch this back to a traditional interface.. This fucking blows..

So I jumpoed on this the other day, and well I really want a way to switch this back to a traditional interface.. This fucking blows..

....Excel is still excel and word is still word once u get past the splash screen/UI...learn to adapt.

Also, you're crying over a $500.00 product which you paid $9.99 for. :rolleyes:

Once you get used to it, the sections are actually easier to find stuff. Especially when typing crazy ass equations for diff eqs and discrete math.

I did the same, jumped on it got it installed, and then 5 minutes later uninstalled it and went back to 2010.

I don't mind the interface much since I've been using the Office ribbon since Office 2007. I've pretty much gotten used to it and know where the majority of the needed tools are for stuff like Word and Excel. In the end, it doesn't bother me.

If you want a traditional interface similar to older Office suites, there is always LibreOffice.
http://www.libreoffice.org/

Change is hard and change is difficult, and it's unfortunate we cannot stop change no matter how much we protest against it. Everything we use day-to-day will change regardless, and we have to either adapt and get used to it, or continue complaining about it because no software company is going to listen to user input to change it back to the older interfaces.

Move on.

They do. Where would I find said code????

Click on the "I don't know my code" link and it will then let you just enter your work email address.

You will then receive an email from MS in your work email provided that your company is signed up for it.

Click on the "I don't know my code" link and it will then let you just enter your work email address.

You will then receive an email from MS in your work email provided that your company is signed up for it.

Ahh. Gotcha. Thank you.

Back