MS Office 2013 Professional Plus for $9.95!

Are you allowed to sell one of these keys (never installed/activated) on the forums?

Home Use Program licenses are strictly not for resale, they're completely non-transferable.

Terms of use:

13. Limitation on License Purchases and Transfers; Term of MSHUP Licenses.
Microsoft® software is licensed through MSHUP solely for the use of qualifying employees of Microsoft® volume licensing customers participating in the Microsoft® Home Use Program. For purposes of MSHUP, a qualifying employee is a licensed user of a copy of a MSHUP – eligible desktop application currently enrolled in Software Assurance coverage. A qualifying employee may order only one MSHUP license per software title. MSHUP licenses are non-transferable.

You acknowledge that your right to use Microsoft® software under an MSHUP license will expire upon the earlier of
(a) termination of your employment with the volume licensing customer through which you gained access to MSHUP, or
(b) the expiration or termination of Software Assurance coverage for the corresponding copy of the MSHUP – eligible desktop application that you use at work.

I finally installed my key that I bought weeks and weeks ago, everything went mighty smooth.

Anyone know if this is usable like the normal professional plus...in other words, can it be used commercially? Or is it a special copy for personal/home use only?

Anyone know if this is usable like the normal professional plus...in other words, can it be used commercially? Or is it a special copy for personal/home use only?

I think the fact that it's called the Microsoft Home Use Program speaks for itself...

I think the fact that it's called the Microsoft Home Use Program speaks for itself...

No it doesn't. They say you can use it at home, not that you can't use it at work. That's like saying you can't use an office chair at home because they advertise it for the office.

oh yeah, dot dot dot /facepalm

Yeah I don't think MS has crazy restrictions like that for Windows or Office.

Home Use Program licenses are strictly not for resale, they're completely non-transferable.

Terms of use:

That would make almost every who bought it in here in the wrong.

I think he's asking more about the [H] side, no one here really cares what MS thinks. :p

Anyone know if cuny.edu emails work? My sister is a student and she could use this or my dad.

First test of transferring license to a new machine passed. Build a new desktop, tried to activate and got a message, already activated to many times. Called MS, said sure no problem, transferring you now to activate and then hung up on me, but the second call they activated it no problem :D

That would make almost every who bought it in here in the wrong.

I think he's asking more about the [H] side, no one here really cares what MS thinks. :p

Yeah, but he posted it in FS/T for like $200. That's pretty sleazy. Passing on a good deal to [H] at cost or a meager profit would be a different story.

$200 dude?? Really? I would be ashamed of myself...

Yeah, but he posted it in FS/T for like $200. That's pretty sleazy. Passing on a good deal to [H] at cost or a meager profit would be a different story.

Man you really took a typo and ran with it! Even after I fixed it :rolleyes: I put that extra zero in there because apparently you're my zero. I thought you'd appreciate it. Guess not. Now stop slandering me for a tiny boo boo I made on the interwebs and immediately corrected. :)

Yes, does anyone have a spare that willing to part ways with. Really need it for my son. Thank you!

No it doesn't. They say you can use it at home, not that you can't use it at work. That's like saying you can't use an office chair at home because they advertise it for the office.

oh yeah, dot dot dot /facepalm

This is the same company that says you're not supposed to Outlook on the Surface RT in a business enviornment......

Tried two of my .edu emails didn't work :/ anyone have an idea? Possibly an extra they'll sell for $20?

Tried two of my .edu emails didn't work :/ anyone have an idea? Possibly an extra they'll sell for $20?

Funny you say that: I tried my institution's HUP code for the past few days and it doesn't work, with a maintenance error message. What's going on??

Hey guys,

Sorry I couldn't get through all 20 pages of this thread to look for the answer to my question. Can anyone please tell me, what is contained on the backup DVD that you can optionally get for $15 extra? Does it have a "traditional" install on it, which will allow you to choose installation directory and pick and choose which parts of the Office suite to install? I am annoyed at this click-to-run bullshit. It installed everything (I will never use some of these programs), and it didn't allow me to choose a directory.

PS: I bought this through my university. My purchase had nothing to do with the program code given by the OP.

Last edited:
Awesome, thank you for the help. Installing it now using the downloaded iso. The downloaded file originally had a .img extension for some reason, so I changed it to .iso.

Hey guys. Does MS Office have any kind of automatic activation/license checking when you're connected to the internet? I have a license that I got through my university but they won't let me buy more than 1. (Otherwise I gladly would.) And I want to put it on more devices - 4 total instead of the allotted 2.

What's the mechanism? Would I be prevented from activating the 3rd or 4th installation if I've already activated it on 2 computers previously?

Hey guys. Does MS Office have any kind of automatic activation/license checking when you're connected to the internet? I have a license that I got through my university but they won't let me buy more than 1. (Otherwise I gladly would.) And I want to put it on more devices - 4 total instead of the allotted 2.

What's the mechanism? Would I be prevented from activating the 3rd or 4th installation if I've already activated it on 2 computers previously?

Yes, it goes online to activate. Yes, you would be prevented from activation on the 3rd or 4th computer.

This is where friends come in handy. Find somebody who doesn't need the software to buy you the extra copy. Social engineering is your only hope here. Tell a cute girl you will buy her dinner if she buys you the extra copy. :)

Yes, it goes online to activate. Yes, you would be prevented from activation on the 3rd or 4th computer.

This is where friends come in handy. Find somebody who doesn't need the software to buy you the extra copy. Social engineering is your only hope here. Tell a cute girl you will buy her dinner if she buys you the extra copy. :)

If it works, you get the cheap software and a date. However, if you're the stereotypical IT-neckbeard, you might want to aim lower than "cute" :D

I miss university discounts...

Haha interesting idea. I should look for someone who only uses Macs! (Or even linux only...)

Just install it on the other computers, when it fails the activation do the activation by phone. It is all automated and takes 5 mins. Boom you have it on four computers.

Heh, still have my office 2010.... lost the key after format so it comes up as "Product Activation Failed", but still fully functional

Fortunately, my workplace has this deal and I am able to take advantage of the deal through them.

Kid

Back