Most Epic Release Of 2011/2012

Which upcoming release are you most excited about?

• Serious Sam 3

Votes: 12 4.4%
  • Battlefield 3

Votes: 123 44.7%
  • Modern Warfare 3

Votes: 10 3.6%
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Votes: 91 33.1%
  • Star Fox 64 3D

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Rage

Votes: 24 8.7%
  • Gears of War 3

Votes: 5 1.8%

• Total voters

Blackstone

2[H]4U
Which release are you guys the most excited about? It seems to me we haven't had a Fall/Holiday season this packed with games since 2007?

Edit: Yeah I forgot other, and Diablo 3. I don't think I can edit the poll. :-(

Last edited:
Would be a better pole if you could pick 2-3 things cause BF3/Rage/The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim are good games well i mean when they release that is. i played BF3 Alpha it was nice step-up from BF2 and BFBC2. Rage looks amazing so does The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim!

I would have answered Diablo 3.

Out of what's listed, I picked Skyrim, thanks to the Origin shit.

At the moment the only ones on my "to buy" list are Skyrim and Space Marine. I dont spend a lot of time gaming these days anyway, if I manage to finish those 2 games this year I'll have a look at what else is good ;)

Lots of games I'm excited about in the next couple of months, but from that list... definitely Skyrim.

I'm mostly waiting for BF3 and Skyrim, though RAGE and a few others are on my radar.

Also, I'm buying Hard Reset purely on principle. They deserve all the support they can get for releasing a PC-only FPS for such a cheap price.

I put in 200+ hours playing Oblivion and hope to get even more out of Skyrim. I'm excited about BF3, MW3, Rage and Hard Reset, too, but those games don't have the longevity potential of something like Skyrim.

2012 will be Mass Effect 3 and Borderlands 2 for me.

Poll should say 2011 only. You didn't list nearly enough (planned) 2012 titles to say 2011/2012. (i.e., Diablo 3, ArmA3, etc.)

I think I'm a little more excited about Skyrim than BF3, but they're pretty close together.

What I'm most excited about, its definitely TES Skyrim.

BF3 is interesting too, but I'm not really a big multiplayer fan.

I'm mostly waiting for BF3 and Skyrim, though RAGE and a few others are on my radar.

Also, I'm buying Hard Reset purely on principle. They deserve all the support they can get for releasing a PC-only FPS for such a cheap price.

I'm making a new poll. Moderators please delete or lock yhis one, ect.

wow, so of the games people presumably are most excited about 4 out of those 8 are "3rds" (and Diablo 3 should have been there too) plus there is a 5, and all but one are sequels (and that one is Rage which looks like it has zero new ideas..). All the games people have mentioned are almost exclusively sequels too.

I dunno if this is a good or a bad thing, there's nothing wrong with getting more of a good game. But no wonder there seems to be almost no new IPs in the AAA/big budget games these days. Thankfully we always have the indies for that

wow, so of the games people presumably are most excited about 4 out of those 8 are "3rds" (and Diablo 3 should have been there too) plus there is a 5, and all but one are sequels (and that one is Rage which looks like it has zero new ideas..). All the games people have mentioned are almost exclusively sequels too.

I dunno if this is a good or a bad thing, there's nothing wrong with getting more of a good game. But no wonder there seems to be almost no new IPs in the AAA/big budget games these days. Thankfully we always have the indies for that

The two original IPs I'm interested in getting are Space Marine and Dead Island. Well Space Marine is far from new in the sense Warhammer has been around forever, but a third person shooter Warhammer game is new :p

This. While not officially stated I'm pretty sure (well at least hoping) that Guild Wars 2 will come out 2012. Therefore it would get my vote.

Was going to mention Guild Wars 2 myself. I have a feeling it will actually be better than Diablo 3. Going to play both none the less.

BF3 or Skyrim for me. It's kind of a tossup but I voted for BF3 because I've been waiting for it since BF2 died down.

I think that is to be expected as we usually don't know what a completely new franchise would bring until people starts playing it and we begin to hear talks about how great the game is and thats when its popularity picks up.

But you are right as well about the AAA side of gaming. Hardly any new franchise coming up. Most of the new ones like Hard Reset are all indie titles. Perhaps this is a sign of how the gaming industry would be in the near future, where its up to the indie developers to take the risk on new IP and if it works out well, then the bigger publisher will pick them up to make an AAA sequel

Back