• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Mortal Kombat 1

The game has DLSS, DLAA, FSR, XeSS and a good range of graphics options. I've been playing for around 4 hours now. I did just get an achievement saying I'm half way through story mode.

There is some stutter during the pre-rendered cutscenes, not sure why they didn't just make the in engine since the game isn't very demanding. My 4090 is only pulling 130W at 4K max settings with DLAA.
I installed the game on my laptop and I'm getting stuttering during cutscenes and gameplay. I'll test it on my desktop when I get home later tonight. Hopefully it's better there.
 
The game has DLSS, DLAA, FSR, XeSS and a good range of graphics options. I've been playing for around 4 hours now. I did just get an achievement saying I'm half way through story mode.

There is some stutter during the pre-rendered cutscenes, not sure why they didn't just make the in engine since the game isn't very demanding. My 4090 is only pulling 130W at 4K max settings with DLAA.
Pre-rendered cutscenes have been making a comeback in games recently, for some reason. It's probably because the consoles are not powerful enough to render them in real time. Funny how we're regressing despite consoles being more powerful than ever.
 

Mortal Kombat 1​


mortal1.jpg
 
I did some testing incase anyone was considering buying MK1 and only have a Steam Deck.

I found Low Settings, XeSS Performance to offer the best experience (XeSS Performance performs the same as FSR2 Balanced but looks better)
  • 15W, Stock Steam Deck: 39FPS
  • 15W, Stock Clocks, CryoUtility Tweaks: 44FPS
  • 18W, 1800 GFX, 3800 CPU, CryoUtility: 48FPS
 
I did some testing incase anyone was considering buying MK1 and only have a Steam Deck.

I found Low Settings, XeSS Performance to offer the best experience (XeSS Performance performs the same as FSR2 Balanced but looks better)
  • 15W, Stock Steam Deck: 39FPS
  • 15W, Stock Clocks, CryoUtility Tweaks: 44FPS
  • 18W, 1800 GFX, 3800 CPU, CryoUtility: 48FPS
what res?
 
According to a person on Reddit SteamOS 3.5 raises the performance of the a stock Steam Deck by 10% from 39 FPS to 44 FPS in Mortal Kombat 1.

1694905385220.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamDeck/comments/16k95zj/the_obligatory_steamos_35_runs_game_x_better/

If this is true you can probably get 50 FPS with a little wattage increase and maybe near 55-60 FPS after the game is further optimized. I don't plan on adding the preview branch on my SD, but hopefully it makes it way to the main branch soon a lot of games are seeing big performance improvements.
 
Wait for the "Komplete" edition is what I always do with MK games.
 
Is this worth the current price of admission?
Wait for Komplete Edition on sale unless you're a hardcore fan. I bought day 1, played for about 7 days and got bored. It's literally MK11 with better graphics.

The story mode was pretty good but I think I liked MK11's better. I played matches online for like 4-5 days, the thing that mainly pissed me off is you can't decline ranked matches with WiFi people, and most of the people use WiFi (it seemed). So I mainly played unranked King of the Hill which was pretty fun.
 
Wait for Komplete Edition on sale unless you're a hardcore fan. I bought day 1, played for about 7 days and got bored. It's literally MK11 with better graphics.

The story mode was pretty good but I think I liked MK11's better. I played matches online for like 4-5 days, the thing that mainly pissed me off is you can't decline ranked matches with WiFi people, and most of the people use WiFi (it seemed). So I mainly played unranked King of the Hill which was pretty fun.
And I would argue the better graphics thing is even debatable. Some elements yes but the brutalities don't seem as smooth or polished.
 
NetherRealm and Warner Bros. have rolled out a new Mortal Kombat 1 patch, adding a new 60FPS option on PC

The setting will automatically be disabled during online matches and the new setting won't affect pre-rendered movies...the patch also comes with various character tweaks, including adjustments for Reptile, Homelander, Peacemaker as well as Kameo fighters Janet Cage, Khameleon, and Cyrax...

https://mortalkombat1.bugs.wbgames.com/patch-notes?111
 
That's disappointing, they should have brought all 3 kids from X.
I've been pretty disappointed with mk1, it's like a step backwards compared to the rest.
I really believe it's a repackaged Injustice. With the whole cameo system and all the bright colors and woke art/costume styles it doesn't even feel like Mortal Kombat anymore.
 
I really believe it's a repackaged Injustice. With the whole cameo system and all the bright colors and woke art/costume styles it doesn't even feel like Mortal Kombat anymore.
What I don't get, is it's a reboot, Liu Kang became a god and recreated the universe. Why keep the same characters? He could have created a brand new roster, and the cameos are just that, cameos from the original timeline.

They made the women ugly, the story was half assed, and the only interesting thing added, the mixed fighters, (ex subzero Khan) are only NPCs.
 
Woke MK is probably the most disheartening thing to ever happen in gaming.
 
I just feel like these games audience is tiny. It has no viewers on twitch. Feels like after the first few MK games they have all been just hype with no real following. Like people like it yea but no one plays it? The moves are too difficult and the online presence is non existent?
 
Bought it on sale, requested refund as the game just like the previous one runs like shit, even though I get an average of 56-58fps during the benchmark there are so many frame spikes it's like there is a strobing effect, completely unplayable can't even keep track of my char.

I tried all the fixes I found to no avail even the menu's have the issue.

Strangely enough the previous one ran bad too and that was on a different machine so it's not the PC
 
Bought it on sale, requested refund as the game just like the previous one runs like shit, even though I get an average of 56-58fps during the benchmark there are so many frame spikes it's like there is a strobing effect, completely unplayable can't even keep track of my char.

I tried all the fixes I found to no avail even the menu's have the issue.

Strangely enough the previous one ran bad too and that was on a different machine so it's not the PC
It runs on Unreal Engine 4, so that's not surprising.
 
how about lowering some settings? it played fine on my system, when i tried it.
 
The fighting game forums are full of people claiming it's unplayable, so it might not just be y'all. Then again, they tend to complain about everything and try to run AAA games on potatoes, too.
 
how about lowering some settings? it played fine on my system, when i tried it.
Even though I should not have to I tried that, did not help.

My sig is outdated btw, currently running a r9 9900X with 64GB 6000Mhz RAM, RTX 4080. Even tried the autoconfig setting in the game as suggested on the help post on top of the steam forums

On the previous one I assumed it was because I was running win10 on a 12th gen so I did not have the 'good' thread scheduler, but that's not the caase now.
 
Bought it on sale, requested refund as the game just like the previous one runs like shit, even though I get an average of 56-58fps during the benchmark there are so many frame spikes it's like there is a strobing effect, completely unplayable can't even keep track of my char.

I tried all the fixes I found to no avail even the menu's have the issue.

Strangely enough the previous one ran bad too and that was on a different machine so it's not the PC
Runs fine on my PC. Max settings, 4K60. I will say if you play online you'll see lag spikes but it's not from the PC performance its network latency. MK1 net code seems better on PC than MK11. Playstation network latency is much better.
 
Back
Top