• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Mortal Kombat 1

1740406669194.png


Talking about Black Ops 6, but it applies to everything.
 
I dunno, I am having a lot of fun running around blasting people as the terminator. I enjoy the crossover stuff in games to be honest. Games are just going to become an engine at some point and youll populate it with characters and themes of your choice. At least for the competitive stuff like COD or MK.

And for me MK characters after MKII haven't been all that interesting, maybe its the nostalgia of it holding me back i dunno.
 
I don't really mind it that much, either. I mean, Capcom has been doing this sort of thing going back to X-men vs. Street Fighter in 1996. They've gone that route with full games paired with SNK and Namco, too.
It's no longer novel or unique, but sometimes it can be fun. The devs know their audience. Notice how many of these crossover characters and franchises are from the 80's and 90's. My generation can't let go and we're all about pushing our franchise obsessions on our kids. "No longer relevant" is a term lost on us.
 
I don't really mind it that much, either. I mean, Capcom has been doing this sort of thing going back to X-men vs. Street Fighter in 1996. They've gone that route with full games paired with SNK and Namco, too.
It's no longer novel or unique, but sometimes it can be fun. The devs know their audience. Notice how many of these crossover characters and franchises are from the 80's and 90's. My generation can't let go and we're all about pushing our franchise obsessions on our kids. "No longer relevant" is a term lost on us.
Crossover games were made from the ground up with it in mind. These licensed characters are being added to a game that was not made with them in mind.
It's no longer novel or unique, but sometimes it can be fun. The devs know their audience. Notice how many of these crossover characters and franchises are from the 80's and 90's. My generation can't let go and we're all about pushing our franchise obsessions on our kids. "No longer relevant" is a term lost on us.
They need to be in their own games, not nostalgia bait for a quick buck.
 
Crossover games were made from the ground up with it in mind. These licensed characters are being added to a game that was not made with them in mind.

I'd say the MK games were absolutely made with them in mind. They've been planned out of the gate. Neversoft has been adding DLC crossover game characters for nearly 15 years and there have been a lot of good ones. They're pretty well developed to adapt what makes them special to the world of MK. I don't even like MK and I'd say their crossover characters have been no worse than anyone else's attempts. The $4-7 price points aren't that bad, either. Most games toss a rando skin on something and want $5. These are actually totally unique characters in a series pretty much built on palette swaps.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dan_D
like this
I'd say the MK games were absolutely made with them in mind. They've been planned out of the gate. Neversoft has been adding DLC crossover game characters for nearly 15 years and there have been a lot of good ones. They're pretty well developed to adapt what makes them special to the world of MK. I don't even like MK and I'd say their crossover characters have been no worse than anyone else's attempts. The $4-7 price points aren't that bad, either. Most games toss a rando skin on something and want $5. These are actually totally unique characters in a series pretty much built on palette swaps.
Yeah, MK has been doing this pretty well for a long time. It's also nice in cases where the characters aren't executed very well in other games or at all. Some of these like Jason Voorhees and Conan haven't really appeared in games very often. Omni-Man and Homelander really haven't been in other games at all.

Some of these like Omni-Man work surprisingly well in Mortal Kombat.
 
Ed Boon, series co-creator, said in a tweet last fall, “NetherRealm is still fully committed to supporting Mortal Kombat 1 for a long time to come”...however, with the launch of the Definitive Edition, fans are wondering if this marks the end of support for MK1 and if it’ll receive a third Kombat Pack of new fighters...we’ve reached out to Warner Bros. and NetherRealm for clarification and will update this story accordingly...

https://www.polygon.com/gaming/5991...itive-edition-launches-today-includes-all-dlc
 
How is the competitive scene in this game? Last time I checked it was dead?

Still seems to be. You almost never see anything about it on the major FGC pages. At least from a competitive standpoint. I think the PC version's issues probably aren't helping. Every time some news pops up, there are a bunch of people posting about "XXX still isn't fixed." Still, that might not matter if you're just looking for online pick-up matches. Seems like there are 2-3K people playing most of the time. I played a fair amount of SF5 with audiences like that and had no issues with getting matches.
 
Yes this is why I'm done buying MK games. They are just a waste of money. No longevity and no competitive players base online. How many people average the latest Street Fighter? SF is the dominant Fighting game right now right? Meaning players count daily.
 
Yes this is why I'm done buying MK games. They are just a waste of money. No longevity and no competitive players base online. How many people average the latest Street Fighter? SF is the dominant Fighting game right now right? Meaning players count daily.

Yeah, it varies a little bit, but it's usually Street Fighter 6, Guilty Gear Strive and Tekken 8 going back and forth at the top. Steam sometimes classifies games from other genres as "fighting games" but those are the most popular ones in a traditional sense. All of them see varying levels of popularity spikes and valleys depending on big announcements and events. Not sure about consoles, but MK11 is actually more popular than 1 is on Steam right now. That's a pretty damning sign.
 
Well since I changed to an 9800X3D and a different mobo I tought let's buy the game again while it's on sale and lo and behold it runs fine now + I got all the new char's now for less money then the base game back then.
 
Back
Top