Monster Hunter: World

How did the launch Go I like the game but some of the bosses are just too hard to solo and nobody helps unless somone looks for my low level SOS =) I used a trainer to get some better weapons so I could max out my staff.

Still waiting on mine to finish downloading, its 80GB and it seems STEAMs servers are going far slower than usual. (I usually get 500mbps+ from steam)

I've played a bit, graphics are a bit different, there are some graphics options that I've never seen before such as "FidelityFX CAS"
First few fights are nice, its crazy how quickly the equipment damage jumps up over my previously grind-heavy end-game gear.

Well, played for a bit today and experienced a bunch of issues. The game is suddenly HAMMERING everyone’s CPU. It’s literally maxing out my 2700x, and it’s caused some stuttering (audio and video) and 2 crashes to desktop. Supposedly, using DX12 fixes this issue, but it also introduces small freezes (listed as a known issue by Capcom). Hopefully, they can get things ironed out ASAP.

edit: as a reference, pre-Iceborne had my CPU at ~30%...today it basically rode 100%.

DX12 was straight up hard crash for me every time I attempted it. Ended up having to modify the .ini file itself to get the game to launch.
Not noticing anything different CPU wise, I'm still hitting around 100FPS at 1440p with my setup. I have Volumetric Fog disabled completely though, as previously that murdered my framerate and I prefer the cleaner look with it off.
I am using https://steamcommunity.com/app/582010/discussions/3/1745594817439431537/ and have been since near MH World launch.

They did a big upgrade to the renderer and graphics, as well. May be the reason people are having issues.

The game runs over 100 FPS for me, but after a while I get a lot of random stutters and freezes. Definitely something weird going on.

Then again, apparently you’re screwed no matter if you choose DX11 or 12 lol.

KKNbMexlBG_63fbeah4y0nmdRNM_hhxvBirP0Upr3kM.jpg

How did the launch Go I like the game but some of the bosses are just too hard to solo and nobody helps unless somone looks for my low level SOS =) I used a trainer to get some better weapons so I could max out my staff.
You can use trainers and not get banned in this online?

I mean, I openly admit I used an item shop mod to buy everything when I switched from PS4 to PC. No way in hell I was about to grind a few hundred hours worth of decos again lol.

Monster Hunter World: Iceborne appears to be deleting saves, Capcom is investigating

A number of players on Steam and Reddit are complaining that the update has deleted their saves, which in some cases has cost them hundreds of hours of gameplay...one theory is that the presence of certain mods could be causing compatibility issues, although at least a few players have said that they lost their saves despite having no mods installed...another possibility is that long-absent players may have missed an update that changed save formats, and Iceborne is unable to read the older saves...

https://www.pcgamer.com/monster-hun...to-be-deleting-saves-capcom-is-investigating/

I'm kinda glad I didn't pick this up yet. I don't really have the time to devote to it right now anyway, and it sounds like there are a lot of issues. First thing I did when adding mods on PC was back up my saves manually, though. It's pretty easy, just one file.

I haven't had any issues with saves, but I also haven't modded the game at all.

It takes a couple missions before Iceborne gets going, but once it does damn does it go. Back on the old grind treadmill of killing monsterss for an equiopment set that'll help me beat new monsters. Just took down Barioth and I know I have a hell of a lot more to go.

The armor sets are awesome, but the weapon choices thus far are a little underwhelming. At least for my two main weapons. (Long Sword and Switch Axe)

I think it's an entire deletion and fresh download. The entire game, high res texture pack and iceborne is only about 80GB on the drive, instead of being an additional 80GB over the original 50GB. Probably streamlined some assets and such, loading time does feel better and performance seems better - there's some big upgrades to the engine, even if I can't place my finger on exactly what.
I know its not just CAS FIDELITYX or whatever the fuck that is.

Damn I got to get the game then. The grindyness of the game always turned me off.

Me too. I tried to get into it, but it’s too much wash, rinse, repeat.

It helps to learn several of the weapon types, as they all play very differently, and some work way better against certain monsters. But yeah, the core gameplay loop is a grind.

It's a grind I feel really enjoyable because no matter how good your equipment is, without a knowledge of the combat system and individual monster tells you'll be destroyed. It's just as much skill as it is a game of numbers increasing.

Anyway I just killed my first Brachydios in Iceborne. Love fighting that bastard and getting his Evangelion Unit #1 inspired armor.

Anyway, beat Velkhana last night, getting to the new elder dragons. The equipment curve is a lot bigger in Iceborne than in regular MHW, every couple of monsters is a pretty substantial boost in stats and it makes progression seem really quick. I'm loving it.

Monster Hunter World: Iceborne patch to fix CPU and save problems is on the way

Players have complained about performance problems, issues with matchmaking, and worst of all, a tendency to erase saves...Capcom acknowledged the problems today on Twitter, where it announced the upcoming release of a patch intended to address Iceborne's "unusually high level of CPU utilization during active gameplay," as well as the issue with incompatible saved games...

I'm curious what the CPU problems might be. It runs better than default MHW did for me, I think the game is heavily multi-threaded and its people with less threads that are having trouble with it. I am noticing some definite CPU lag on my fiance's computer with only a 4 core/8 thread.

My understanding of the save data erasing stems from people who haven't played for multiple months before the patch, at some point the save data format got updated and because they never logged in, their old save data did not.

I have had matchmaking issues though. Just random disconnects in the middle of big battles which is.... frustrating. Luckily the game continues as though nothing happened, but its just weird to be playing 4 person multiplayer, and then have everyone suddenly vanish and a message about difficulty changing.

Beat the "final boss"
Shara Ishvalda
last night. Hell of a fight, especially going in unexpected. I'm off to the guiding lands and I'm a wee bit confused, but i'll figure it out. A couple more monsters to go.

Iceborne is adding extra-angry versions of Rajang and Brachydios

Coming to consoles in March, PC in April...

Is Iceborne worth it? I have about 100hrs into the base game and my Insect Glaive build is basically maxed out. I hopped back on a bit and played some more since its been a long time. Had fun, but can't tell if it is worth buying the expansion or not.

The clutch claw alone is worth it, and your "maxed out" build is basically outdated an hour into iceborne. I love the game, so being able to basically experience the whole game over again at master rank for the next 100 hours, and I still have a whole lot to do, was worth it for me. I won't be done for months.

That is a question I can't help you with, I haven't had win7 in years and definitely not since MHW came out. It was running fine in DX11 base game, but i don't know about modern GPU or CPU driver compatibility.

Milla Jovovich and her Monster Hunter co-star Tony Jaa are ready to track down and gut some beasties in the first posters for Sony's movie adaptation of the Monster Hunter videogame series...After teaming with her husband, director Paul W.S. Anderson, on the Resident Evil movies, Jovovich, now seen as Lt. Artemis, shows off her hunting tool: the Giant Jawblade, an instrument ripped straight from the games...Jaa, as the mysterious Hunter, wields the Great Hunter's Bow...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 0
Come April, Monster Hunter World fans across both PC and console will be able to bathe in a unified glow, as Capcom's post-launch development schedule aligns across all platforms...until then, however, Iceborne's staggered content drops continue, with tomorrow, March 12th, ushering in the fearsome Stygian Zinogre and Safi'jiiva on PC...

I actually found Stygian Zinogre easier than regular Zinogre for whatever reason.
Might be because my current armor set is pretty ridiculous.

I actually found Stygian Zinogre easier than regular Zinogre for whatever reason.
Might be because my current armor set is pretty ridiculous.

how do you like Iceborne overall?...more of the same as the base game in snow covered environments?...or something different?

I like it far more, the clutch claw is amazing and I really don't want to go back to MH without it. Also many of the new monsters are super unique and fun in a way the original game didn't offer.
The grind, however, is worse. It's also not nearly as necessary.

The final Monster Hunter World Iceborne update will see the return of Fatalis as a boss

October 1st...

My problem with this game the quest system is so vague it will say go explore this area and you already explored that area.
So you don't know if your doing the right quest.

My problem with this game the quest system is so vague it will say go explore this area and you already explored that area.
So you don't know if your doing the right quest.

Its a combination of emergent gameplay, recycling existing areas, and the treadmill of item grind.

I enjoy the game for what it is, but it really needs a lot more zones and creatures (they all exist in the DS versions of Monster Hunter). Maybe one day we will see that, but this is Capcom and never count them out of ruining a good thing.

Back