Monster Hunter: World

The Witcher content seems to have just dropped on PC.

I guess you have to complete the game first in order for the NPC to show up at the docks for the DLC to start. I think I have a ways to go I'm only level 9

I guess you have to complete the game first in order for the NPC to show up at the docks for the DLC to start. I think I have a ways to go I'm only level 9

Yeah, the minimum requirement is HR 16 to do the quest.

Yeah, the minimum requirement is HR 16 to do the quest.

I've been playing Monster Hunter all night and morning I'm level 11 now but using a trainer to get there no way am I going to grind all this =)
I got the Gala Armor and a level 6 spin to win spear I just finished the Dragon Spear Boat with some other players.

Since there is no guarantee that the quest will be there a few weeks from now I give up =)
I seen a guy with HL 165 or something LOL
20190509135651_1.jpg
Big Heavy Balls

20190509123408_1.jpg

Stream rolling on Steam for Monster Hunter Cut scenes.

If you really wanted to rank up...HR11-14 is a few hours away if you just did the main story. Since you're out of low rank now you can just do the high rank optional quests at anytime. After that you just beat an Elder Dragon and might get ranked up all the way to 29 depending how much side content you have already done. Personally I got ranked up right to 29, then after that quest I was ranked up to 45ish because I had so much of the side content done before beating main game.

I'm HR120ish right now, I play the game in spurts but I have done all the content in the game except for Kulve Taroth and Extreme Behemoth. I have around 240hrs played.

I had like 80hrs played when I beat Xeno'Jiiva during the story.

Last edited:
I'm at like HR 330, get on my level n00bs. :p

Playtime is around 290 hours I think.

Last edited:
I'm at like HR 330, get on my level n00bs. :p

Playtime is around 290 hours I think.

My time to level ratio is high because I waste so much time theory crafting before I go do a hunt. I get the satisfaction from having my builds as optimized as possible each encounter, but I think it might just be an OCD problem and should probably see a psychologist.

Nice, it looks like there are some new moves in there! Didn't really recognize anything other than Nargacuga monster-wise.

Can't believe they are putting a fucking ice fish in there...lol. Cheeky bastards.

Beat the Leshen first try, but my boi Pukei didn't make it. :(

Gonna have to go back with a different strat. Need to collect some Lifepowder materials beforehand, I guess.

I beat him both the times I fought him, didn't know about the side quests first time. I 100% it the 2nd time with 20mins to spare. Still don't have enough parts for the SnS though, need 1 more horn, will do him again tomorrow probably, got burned out doing it twice in a row.

First time I did i used SnS and am unfamiliar with it so it took me 40mins, 2nd time I did it with dual blades and it was significantly faster.

My time to level ratio is high because I waste so much time theory crafting before I go do a hunt. I get the satisfaction from having my builds as optimized as possible each encounter, but I think it might just be an OCD problem and should probably see a psychologist.

The Smithy in the workshop told me himself that the most important part of fighting monsters is preparation. He is a man who ought to know!

I cheated used a trainer for one hit kills and crafted a flaming staff from zero resources was just trying to reach the Witcher doc I think I might have missed it already.

I'm curious about getting into this and wonder if it is the "best of its genre", in your opinions? For instance, "Dauntless" recently came out as a competitor of sorts, but between its Epic exclusivity since open launch and midding reviews during early access (direct), I always heard that Monster Hunter World was preferable.

I'm definitely thinking about getting a copy next time its on a significant sale.

I'm curious about getting into this and wonder if it is the "best of its genre", in your opinions? For instance, "Dauntless" recently came out as a competitor of sorts, but between its Epic exclusivity since open launch and midding reviews during early access (direct), I always heard that Monster Hunter World was preferable.

I'm definitely thinking about getting a copy next time its on a significant sale.
Monster Hunter World is addictive. It is very fun, great graphics, a weird story, and a joy to play. My only issue is that I want to play other games in my backlog, so I've been avoiding it for a few months.

Which means that I'm now addicted to Grim Dawn again. :)

Ha ha ha! The other 3,000 other games in my Steam Library will get played one day I swear!

Dauntless is F2P so any Epic complaints are just meaningless. It is based on MHW though, however with less story and content. MHW gives you a lot more stuff to do and craft, events and so forth. MHW also continues to put out free content even though it has no paid DLC or microtransactions. So it is the better game, but again Dauntless is FREE. You can try it now and MHW later.

I wouldn't say Dauntless is really an actual competitor to MH, more of a "in the same vein" type of thing.

Monster Hunter: World is adding a dynamic difficulty system

In Monster Hunter games, there's typically only two sets of monster difficulty, one for singleplayer and one for multiplayer...tackle a hunt with a party, and the monster will have approximately double the health they do for a solo fight...but it doesn't matter if you're in a party of two, three, or four: the health doesn't change...this makes two-player hunts a real slog compared to full party hunts, and if you start a hunt with a group and they disconnect, you're stuck fighting a monster solo that has twice as much HP as it should...

No more...during an E3 livestream Capcom said that World is getting a new dynamic difficulty system, and it's not just for Iceborne players...it's coming to the base game...there's now an in-between setting for two-player hunts, where monsters have less health than they would for three- and four-player groups...the best part is that if you drop back to solo play, the monster's health will now scale with you back to singleplayer levels...

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/0...ifficulty-even-without-the-iceborne-expansion

...the best part is that if you drop back to solo play, the monster's health will now scale with you back to singleplayer levels...
THANK GOD. Although, this only affected me once when I was still a newbie and going through my first Xeno encounters. There was one situation where I had a group of 4 and had 2 faints at the beginning of stage 2. The other 3 people just left and I got tired of starting over and over as my random SOS groups failed the past 4 attempts. I literally solo'd the fight for the next 40 min chipping away at the ridiculously high multiplayer health pool by myself with a sub-par build and finished the fight with just under 1 minute left. I never want to go through that again.

so the question is will this apply to the arena challenges, where you can't get matched up and you have to deal with insane monster health

so the question is will this apply to the arena challenges, where you can't get matched up and you have to deal with insane monster health

My guess is no, because those have leaderboards involved. But overall, great QoL change.

The dynamic difficulty scaling would be nice. I was halfway through a full team battle with Teostra then got disconnected and ended up having to solo him the rest of the battle while he was probably at full 4 player health, lol.

Back