Monarchcomputers Lost My Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which leads to me agree that Monarch has horrible customer service and they lie to their customers!

I have two horror stories, with one more to come.

First involves a OEM X800XT I ordered for a build. I refused the package because it took 2+ weeks to get to me and they charge me a restocking fee :rolleyes: They finally get around to refunding my money minus the restocking fee and then later I see a random $40 charge to my credit card from Monarch Computer....WTF #1

I'm sure it cost them alot of money to charge my card and ship the package. I am NOT going to wait 2+ weeks for a PC part to arrive. Then an extra $40 because they value my business so much :rolleyes:

Next situation involves a mouse I bought from them. My girlfriend wanted to buy me a mouse for my birthday. She used her credit card to buy the mouse and then have it shipped to my address. You'd think that would be a simple transaction.....nope.

I get my order cancelled 3 times.....and then I have to use my credit card instead :rolleyes: I have to trade e-mails with Monarch Computer, with absolutely no result. I then have to get on the phone with their customer service and they were completely rude to me....weeks later I get the mouse, AFTER my birthday. At that rate I didn't even want it and sent it back.

It gets better......I check the tracking number and it says the mouse was delivered back to Monarch, but they NEVER refunded my money! I tried to call Monarch and couldn't get through; I then leave a message and they NEVER call me back.....WTF #2

I just recently decided to buy a 7900GTX, after not having used them for quite sometime. My order was submitted, but the website has no order updates. It's been a week and I don't even know if the card was shipped. My credit card company says there are holds on my account in the amount of $505, which is how much the card costs....here we go again

WTFBBQSOB #3.....MONARCH IS THE WORT COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH! :mad:

RalliartEvo

you should have disputed the restocking fee. i have sent plenty of things back and have never paid a restocking fee. i disputed a restocking fee a few years ago on a bicycle frame that came in with half-ass paint job. the company tried to charge me a restocking fee and i explained the situation to my bank(its a mastercard debit card). i filled out a form and my bank put the money back in my account that week. you have protection and rights when using a credit card so you should use them.

It's also interesting that Monarch has now increased their 7900GTX prices.

I expect to receive a reply from Monarch saying that "...we sold out before your order was processed, and you will have to wait a few weeks before we get more in..."

Then they will follow it up with "...you will have to pay the current price...." :rolleyes:

RalliartEvo

trek554 said:
you should have disputed the restocking fee. i have sent plenty of things back and have never paid a restocking fee. i disputed a restocking fee a few years ago on a bicycle frame that came in with half-ass paint job. the company tried to charge me a restocking fee and i explained the situation to my bank(its a mastercard debit card). i filled out a form and my bank put the money back in my account that week. you have protection and rights when using a credit card so you should use them.

I did, but Monarch ended up refunding the amount minus the restocking fee. After calling and arguing with them, they said that there would be "no way" they would refund the difference they took from me. They lady in customer service was extremely rude and she obviously didn't care.

Like I said, Monarch Computer doesn't care about their customers.

RalliartEvo

I PMed Monarch Deals about this thread and my concerns, so hopefully he will reply to this thread or PM me back.

RalliartEvo

You guys have no idea how bad they are...

I was ABSOLUTELY shocked that they got in on the [H] as a official advertiser. I had bought from them as a reseller in the past. Hell they get their stuff from the same distributor I get mine (and word is they are a pain in the @$$ and no one likes dealing with them...and that is from a DISTRIBUTOR.) They had a good price on a particular item, so we tried to purchase ~20 of them. But not only could the business/govt side of monarch not come through, they ended up charging several different credit cards, refunded the wrong ones, and then the credit card company had to get involved. IT WAS A MESS. I will never purchase from Monarch, and if anyone asks about them, they get the whole story, and they can draw their own conclusions from that...It's funny cause I warned an employee of mine about them, and then he decided WTF everyone has a bad experience at some time...then he got shafted too...I could only laugh..

I will say this though, some people at monarch seem to have it together, they know their shizzit...it is tough to get ahold of these people...but they do exist. However, you are only as strong as your weakest link, and MAN, do they have some weak links.

i'm going to try and cancel my order with them. why oh why did i stray from newegg?

The best thing about monarch is for CA residents you get newegg prices without the tax. Monarch is very reliable as long as your order is simple without special requirements. When you want to RMA or get a price adjustment they are simply not as efficient as newegg. They are also MUCH slower to ship than companies like newegg. You do eventually get the product you ordered but it takes allot longer.

The ship-to address credit card issue is also a huge PITA at monarch. None of the other major companies (newegg, ZZF) require this but monarch makes it their policy to make ordering as difficult as possible.

Monarch sucks major ass in the customer service department. They take days to send out your order and you can't reach them on the phone. Yeah they've got good prices most of the time, but I always ask myself if it's worth the hassle when I can pay sales tax at Newegg and have it in 2 days.

Well, it seems like there are tons of [H] members who have had various issues with Monarch.

I demand this thread stickied and all of our concerns addressed and solved :mad:

RalliartEvo

i didnt get hurt too bad, i cancelled a $200 order some misc. pc parts for a build, and got email saying may take UP TO 2 weeks for the credit i really hope not, and hope my bank does not hit me with penalty fees.i used paypal, my premier account and i have a confirmed address and all.

The credit department is running behind at the current time, but refunds
usually take about 2 weeks, so please be patient.

they said please. so ill give them a week before phone call.

Yep, their refund takes a bit...I think mine took 5 business days after I had to email them 2 times and called them 2 times to tell them of my cancellation..the beautiful thing is that it takes them literally hours to charge you but once you email them a cancellation, you sometimes have to send another email or two to remind them of that fact so that they would send you a cancellation confirmation...even then, it takes about 5 business days to get that refund...
that is why newegg is my number one retailer...I will purchase from monarch but only when it is something that I know will take some time.

SPARAT1K said:
i'm going to try and cancel my order with them. why oh why did i stray from newegg?

Step 1) Look down at the desk in front of you

Step 2) It looks good doesn't it?

Step 3) Bang your head on it many times until it hurts really bad

Step 4) Apply icepak and never stray from NewEGG again!

:D

Wow, while I will agree that the prices are VERY enticing, this thread is making me think twice about dealing with Monarch. I was curious, so I went and priced out a system that came to $2400 CDN after tax and shipping for NCIX (a canadian company) and headed over to Monarch to price out the same build. Surprisingly enough, even though shipping cost twice as much, the fact there are no taxes charged, and the fact that (even after the currency exchange) I was saving TONS of cash on some things (a BBA Radeon X1900XTX was about $100 cheaper in the end) and the order would have ended up costing me $500 LESS when it would have come time to pay up.

Now though, I'm not so sure. I might try them out for a thing or two...but we'll see. Anyone have experience ordering cases from them...damaged packages or anything?

i've ordered from them on 3 different occasions and havent had a single problem. all 3 times my orders shipped out same day or the next day. everything came fedex for me and it was all in good shape.
i havent ordered a case from them though.

v6maro said:
I ordered a eVGA 7900GTX Superclock on the 9th at 9am. The price was $625.69 + $35.36 for overnight shipping. The site stated 1-2days out. An hour later the price shows $598.98 for the same card, so I call them and have them adjust it -$27 to the price on their site, they said OK to that.
My card gets charged $661 on the 10th =\
I can do that??
Shit... I'm bout to get my $20 from Newegg back then. I ordered an evga 7900GT for $20 more than it is now. lol

I don't think the issue is monarch's product themselfs... I think this issue lies with their shipping department being unresonably slow and letting things slip through the cracks and their customer service being rude and horrible to deal with.

If I only heard "I'm very sorry about any inconveniences that we may have caused you, since it was our fault that your item slipped through the cracks and you paid for 3 day shipping, we will expedite your shipping to two days (or even overnight) and get it to you asap" but no, they chose to be assholish about it and never offered an appology, no coupons, no "make customer happy" priority.

All I wanted was that sentence to come out of their mouths, then I'd know their priority is to serve me. I shouldn't have to be making phone calls and send out emails to make sure their job is being done.. nor should I have to wait a couple of weeks for them to figure out why I don't have my item yet.

RalliartEvo said:
Well, it seems like there are tons of [H] members who have had various issues with Monarch.

I demand this thread stickied and all of our concerns addressed and solved :mad:

RalliartEvo
I don't think you're in the position to demand anything. :mad: What you can do though, is kindly ask a mod if it's possible to sticky this thread for a while. :)

1c3d0g said:
I don't think you're in the position to demand anything. :mad: What you can do though, is kindly ask a mod if it's possible to sticky this thread for a while. :)

Well put my friend, demanding will get you nowhere around here...gotta be nice. :)

Well if my order's not shipped today Im done with them, I have spent $1000's there in the past.I will gladly take my business to Tiger Direct or Newegg. BTW I PMed Monarch Deal's about my issue and got no reply, THANX FOR NOTHING :mad:

demografik said:
FYI, newegg won't ship to an address not on your CC.

FYI, theyve shipped to two addresses not on my CC, heck all the way across the country.

My main couple stores are:

newegg, zipzoomfly, monarch/mwave in that order

I have spent $30k at newegg over the last 5 years or so with not ONE missing order and NEVER a problem. I even bought a $500 motherboard there paid $40 for the warranty and it started going flaky with 2-3 months left on the warranty (dual opteron board) and they replaced it & refunded my extended warranty (which I didn't expect!) charge.

zipzoomfly:
have ordered quite a few times from there never a wrong order, always fast. 2day is 2day and it rocks. One order I had bought 2 6800GT's for 2 boxes I was building (bakc when they were > $400 ea) and I DROPPED one and it bent the back connector & broke the dvi out. I talked to the manufacturer first and told them it was my fault and was willing to pay to repair the card. The manufacturer (evga IIRC) said they don't do repairs even if you are willing to pay and to return it to the online store I bought it from. Not expetcing much, I e-mailed zzf and told them everything that had happened and that I had offered to pay the manufacturer and the could call the manufacturer to confirm this etc etc. Within a day I had an RMA.

Monarch:
Have ordered twice from them. Once I got a case that was bent in shipping and got an RMA and then decided not to rebuy it. They told me they'd credit me. I noticed at the end of the billing cycle on my cc I did NOT get a credit so I filed a dispute and then contaced monarch. They issued the credit. If I hadn't watched my cc bill I would have been out $160.

2nd order was Redhat enterprise here. Got it in a timely manner without a problem.

so I'm really 1/2 with them. I just ordered a 400G drive and a 3ware $500 raid card so I'll see how that goes.

mwave:
have ordered from them a dozen times. Decnet prices quick shipping, never shipped the wrong item never received something that ws broken in shipping. I use them casually.

Um yes newegg will ship to the address not on my credit card..I have shipped quite a few items to the school address..monarch however, will not. One of the thing I find interesting though is that if you need to cancel from monarch, you need to email them. Even after you have called them, verified your name, address, order number, and they have your credit card on file (which they only need you to verify the number if they need to), they still tell you to email them in order to cancel your order. Wow...
I do have to admit though, they have very good prices on some items and they have not failed me in shipping my item.
I guess it is the aura of inconvenience that prevents me from purchasing from them first. I know with newegg that if something should go wrong, they would make it right. With monarch, I just have a feeling that before they rectify the problem, I will have to jump through a few hoops. Considering that as a buyer using your own money to purchase their item, you should not have to jump through hoops. With places like newegg, danger den, jabtech, I just feel safer.

trek554 said:
i have probably ordered more packages in one month than you have in your lifetime. i see your point but i think its stupid to have to call everytime i needed a package delivered. i ordered stuff online all the time and never had a problem. i also worked at airborne express and ups and i can tell you i delivered to people all the time that were from out a town or at worksites. normally people dont sit at home all day and wait for packages. anyway i guess we have different views on the subject. i am just glad my credit card company and the companies i have dealt with dont have your view.

I don't disagree that a lot of companies will ship to job sites etc especially when dealing in a business to business environment. But when they're dealing with a single person who doesn't have a long standing reputation with them I can completely understand why they don't want to ship to another address when the credit card.

I used to deal with shipping aftermarket automotive parts all the time as a customer and also as a business and never had an issue shipping wherever I needed. Then a few of the companies I dealt with got hit with some heavy losses from fraud and no longer would ship wherever i needed to. It sucked, but sometimes it's part of life..

I think the lesson learned from this thread is that everyone has individual experiences. What works for one person may not work for the next. :)

GROUPHUG!

lee63 said:
I PMed Monarch Deal's about my issue and got no reply

I can't believe how quick they are to post new deals or be in any thread about sales but when it comes to complaints they are just never wrong. If they were good they would send us with complaints an appology e-mail or PM at least.

Newegg's warehouse

I wonder how Monarch compares, or if it even does.

I've easily spent $35k (for personal and work pc's) over the last 3 years split about 85/10/5% with Newegg/ZZF/other respectively. For the last 1.5 years whenever I think I'm going to try Monarch I run across a thread like this.

dwilson041781 said:
i didnt get hurt too bad, i cancelled a $200 order some misc. pc parts for a build, and got email saying may take UP TO 2 weeks for the credit i really hope not, and hope my bank does not hit me with penalty fees.i used paypal, my premier account and i have a confirmed address and all.

The credit department is running behind at the current time, but refunds
usually take about 2 weeks, so please be patient.

they said please. so ill give them a week before phone call.

Yeah you think having $200 sitting on your account is bad...try $7000. Their accounting dept is horrible...it does not take 2 weeks to process a refund. I can understand they may want 5-7 business days, but when two weeks turns into almost a month it is a bit much. Calls and emails don't do it, disputing the charge with the CC company is about the best and only recourse you have. My speculation is that they were making a nice bit of interest on my cash, either that or felt like hey lets pad the numbers for this month.

benamaster said:
I can't believe how quick they are to post new deals or be in any thread about sales but when it comes to complaints they are just never wrong. If they were good they would send us with complaints an appology e-mail or PM at least.

EXACTLY! They are willing to take our money, but they aren't willing to offer us a certain level of service.

In fact, the level of service they do offer is poor, and to me, it's a slap in the face, with e-tailers like Newegg and Tigerdirect..... :mad:

RalliartEvo

hardwarephreak said:
Yeah you think having $200 sitting on your account is bad...try $7000. Their accounting dept is horrible...it does not take 2 weeks to process a refund. I can understand they may want 5-7 business days, but when two weeks turns into almost a month it is a bit much. Calls and emails don't do it, disputing the charge with the CC company is about the best and only recourse you have. My speculation is that they were making a nice bit of interest on my cash, either that or felt like hey lets pad the numbers for this month.

Wow, $7K?!?! :eek:

I would NEVER do business with Monarch for such high amounts of money. I'm sorry you had to go through that :(

2 weeks for a refund is UNACCEPTABLE.

Even over at Anandtech, there is MonarchJoe, who is supposedly there to make sure everyone is a happy camper. We have Monarch Deals and apparently he doesn't even reply to PMs..... :mad:

RalliartEvo

BTW, just looked at my credit card statement:

3/9/2006 MONARCH COMPUTER SYSTE, 770-9398886 , GA $505.47

They charged me the day I ordered it and when I look at my order status, it still says "processing"...so they conveniently charge you, but don't ship the item for a week :mad:

Calling to cancel my order.....

RalliartEvo

I noticed too Monarch didn't just Authorize mine they put the charge right through at the same time then told me 3 to 5 days to ship until I called and got them to ship it the same day.

RalliartEvo said:
BTW, just looked at my credit card statement:

3/9/2006 MONARCH COMPUTER SYSTE, 770-9398886 , GA $505.47

They charged me the day I ordered it and when I look at my order status, it still says "processing"...so they conveniently charge you, but don't ship the item for a week :mad:

Calling to cancel my order.....

RalliartEvo

Wow you really should learn to add. Let me help you out
Day One (9th-10th)
Day Two (10th-11th) Maybe closed since Saturday
Day Three (11th-12th) Probably closed since Sunday
Day Four (12th-13th)

2 work days and 2 weekend days does not make a week.

Whitewolf said:
Wow you really should learn to add. Let me help you out
Day One (9th-10th)
Day Two (10th-11th) Maybe closed since Saturday
Day Three (11th-12th) Probably closed since Sunday
Day Four (12th-13th)

2 work days and 2 weekend days does not make a week.

ralli it seems you are over extragerating pieces of your story, and it looks like anandtech doesn;t seem to like your complaining either

you decided to make purchase from monarch, now deal with it, they will not just take your money and run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back