Minnesota/Twin Citie Gamers?

Well, I'm heading to that LAN party here in about an hour. Hope to possibly see some of you there... ;)

Oh man, you guys missed one heck of a good time. I urge anyone who likes LAN parties to try to make the next one... :D

wtburnette said:
Oh man, you guys missed one heck of a good time. I urge anyone who likes LAN parties to try to make the next one... :D

Tom I wish I could have been there man. I had to work :(. We need to organize a smaller one at someone's house soon! DUDE Oblivion comes out next week!! I'm so friggin pumped on that game! I can't hardly wait. I know the Xbox 360 version comes out right away, do you know if the PC version will be shipped out as well? I'm not sure which version I'm going to go with. I'm kind of leaning towards the 360 version.

[BB] Rick James said:
Tom I wish I could have been there man. I had to work :(. We need to organize a smaller one at someone's house soon! DUDE Oblivion comes out next week!! I'm so friggin pumped on that game! I can't hardly wait. I know the Xbox 360 version comes out right away, do you know if the PC version will be shipped out as well? I'm not sure which version I'm going to go with. I'm kind of leaning towards the 360 version.

Yeah, you missed a good one dude. Sucks you had to work. Ah well, there'll be another one next week. It's a pretty small LAN, as I don't think there were more then 12 of us total and no more then 10 at one time. Still a LOT of fun... :D

As far as I'm aware, the PC version will be in the stores on the 20th, same as the Xbox 360 version. I'd go with the PC version, just because it's a proven platform for all the mods, extras, etc. The 360 is supposed to have downloadable content, but no one knows yet how good it'll be for games like this. If Morrowind is any example, there will be tons of stuff for Oblivion for the PC... ;)

yeah but I want something that will push the 360. :) I still have to make up my mind... Since it's not an online game I'm leaning towards X360.

[BB] Rick James said:
yeah but I want something that will push the 360. :) I still have to make up my mind... Since it's not an online game I'm leaning towards X360.

Either way it'll be a heck of a fun game to play. I can't wait for my preorder to come in... :D

So who here purchased Oblivion? Thoughts thus far on it?

next MN lan status? wtburnette you get your copy yet? If you don't respond then I'll assume yes! :)

It's on the FedEx truck as we speak. I probably won't have time to play until the weekend anyway, so it's worked out fine... ;)

I believe RJ said the next LAN party is 4/15. Plan to be there as it's always a good time... :D

MN member checking in, didn't realize there were this many.
Hey RickJames, are you still in Farmington? Thats where I am, small world

delorean76 said:

In case he doesn't see this, yes, he's still in Farmington... ;)

What do ya play? pnut55040 has a LAN once a month and it's a blast. Around 10 - 15 people, usually playing UT2004 and FEAR, DM and CTF. We always have a good time. Not sure about the date of this month's party, but I'm sure pnut55040 will post it.

delorean76 said:

What up what up! Farmington is the bizbomb. :)

Cool, I've never been to a LAN before, didn't even know such a thing existed till I found this site. Never really been into MP games either, other than Starcraft for a while there. I do love playing some Halo 2 at my buddy's house online, wish that would come on PC sooner. Any games with a similar game play on PC?

Awesome LAN party we had on Saturday! Played FEAR DM and BF2 and had a great time. Nate, you need to get to one of these LAN's dude... :D

wtburnette said:
Awesome LAN party we had on Saturday! Played FEAR DM and BF2 and had a great time. Nate, you need to get to one of these LAN's dude... :D

I know!! DUDE I FRICKING SUCK!!!! I've got no time with this whole house purchase and moving... Moving is ghey.

What are your thoughts on the Conroe? I think I'll be upgrading here within the next 1 or so.

Gotta make time for important things like LAN parties ya know... ;)

I think Conroe looks good, but I want to wait to see when they're widely available and widely reviewed to see if it's going to be as good as we've heard. Till then, my X2 does me just fine... :cool:

We are having another Lan Party this weekend... we had so much fun last weekend we decided to have another one... goto www.rjandsteveslanpartysite.com for all the info. The date is wrong on the website... I don't have access to change it here at work... But its on for this weekend.

[BB] Rick James said:
Anyone down with a lan on the 19th of August?

Dunno what the 19th is dude, but as long as RJ and Steve aren't having one that day, you can put me down... :D

wtburnette said:
Dunno what the 19th is dude, but as long as RJ and Steve aren't having one that day, you can put me down... :D

What up what up! The 19th is a Saturday. Long time no talky wtburnette!

How goes it man?

Doing good dude, how about you? Getting ready to go on vacation at the end of this week, can't wait!

Been playing Titan Quest lately as my big thing. Looking forward to a LAN party though. Found out RJ and the crew are having one while I'm on vacation ( :( ) so your LAN on the 19th looks good... :cool:

I have the ability to host a LAN of 22 peeps on a 24port gig switch at the gym i work at. The only catch is i have to pay 5 bucks per person that goes. its kindof a break even deal for the owner. I hold them in the yoga room, i have keys to the place so we could start and end whenever. Theres bathrooms and nearby mcdonalds/dominos for food. Maybe i can host sometime or take a turn in hosting. tables and chairs are always a concern tho. send me a pm if you want to organize one!

i say 22 becasue id be one and of couse the server would be another thus 24

MYPEARL said:
I have the ability to host a LAN of 22 peeps on a 24port gig switch at the gym i work at. The only catch is i have to pay 5 bucks per person that goes. its kindof a break even deal for the owner. I hold them in the yoga room, i have keys to the place so we could start and end whenever. Theres bathrooms and nearby mcdonalds/dominos for food. Maybe i can host sometime or take a turn in hosting. tables and chairs are always a concern tho. send me a pm if you want to organize one!

I'd be interested, depending on where the gym is located. What types of games do you play? I have a couple long banquet tables I could possibly bring to use that will comfortably sit two players at each table, but I only have 3 folding chairs.

MYPEARL said:

I have 2 6 foot tables and a ton of chairs, shouldn't be a problem

The gym is located in Eagan, btw.

Rocco123 said:
I have 2 6 foot tables and a ton of chairs, shouldn't be a problem

The gym is located in Eagan, btw.

I take it you know MYPEARL? Where in Eagan? I live not too far away in Inver Grove Heights, so I'd be up for it, depending on the games played.

Steve and I are having a lan party on the 22nd at the private Bowling alley... all are welcome... pm me for info.

What up everyone? Haven't heard anything new lately. Nate, your LAN still on for the 19th? MYPEARL, anything on your end? I'm itchin for a LAN people, so let's get something going! :D

wtburnette said:
What up everyone? Haven't heard anything new lately. Nate, your LAN still on for the 19th? MYPEARL, anything on your end? I'm itchin for a LAN people, so let's get something going! :D

I'm not sure what the lan status for the 19th is yet. Long time no talky. Been really busy with the new house. Moving and yard work have taken all of my time.

[BB] Rick James said:
I'm not sure what the lan status for the 19th is yet. Long time no talky. Been really busy with the new house. Moving and yard work have taken all of my time.

Understandable dude. Keep me posted, as I'd love to have a LAN to go to... :D

[BB] Rick James said:
I know I've got something going on Sept 2nd, but I can't for the life of me think what it is. hmmmmm.......

Oh, I know, it's a LAN party in St. Paul... :D

:p

wtburnette said:
Listen to the sound of my voice, DO IT, DO IT!! :p

LOL>.... I know.... I SOOO WANT toooooo. Dude have you seen the overclocks the E6300's have been getting? 1GHz+ overclocks. Kyle posted a thread and he is just getting crazy overclocks with a chip that he has....

A lot of people are! I wanna upgrade!!

[BB] Rick James said:
LOL>.... I know.... I SOOO WANT toooooo. Dude have you seen the overclocks the E6300's have been getting? 1GHz+ overclocks. Kyle posted a thread and he is just getting crazy overclocks with a chip that he has....

A lot of people are! I wanna upgrade!!

Remember, LAN party in St. Paul on the 2nd of Sept. Okay, now that I've satisfied the requirements to post in this thread... :p

I know dude, I've been tempted to build a new system around it myself, though with my luck in overclocking I'd probably get a E6400 just in case my OC doesn't go well. Even if I could get it to 2.6Ghz or so, it would be good enough for me. Getting 2.4Ghz out of the E6300 would make me so happy I'd be dizzy, but like I said, my luck just isn't there. If I didn't have to spend so darn much money, I'd upgrade in a heartbeat, but since I just upgraded to my current build just a few months back, I can't really justify it. Not to mention there should be even better hardware at even lower prices in the next 6 months...

OK heres the deal... The 2nd of Sept. is Labor day weekend... So I've decided to move the LAN Party till the 9th. just move it back a week.

Back