Minnesota/Twin Citie Gamers?

Sounds good. I been talking with pnut55040 in PM, he's the guy that ran the last LAN party I went to (that was a BLAST BTW) and he and some buds may be able to make it as well. Sounds like it's shaping up to be a good time... :D

Okay, so far for sure I have pnut55040, [BB] Rick James, Jake and myself. Anyone else who has posted in the thread or PM'd me about the LAN, please post in here a confirmation you'll be coming. I need to know how many so I can make sure there's enough room... ;)

Okay guys, it's just over a week away till we have the LAN party at my place. I really need to know who is going to be there and who isn't, so I know how many tables and chairs I need to get setup. Please either post in here or PM me if you plan to come. If I don't hear from at least 5 people by Tuesday of next week, I'm gonna have to cancel. Hoping everyone really wants to do this thing, so if so, let me know... :D

Last update for this weekend. We've got 6 - 10 of us gonna be playing, if I get confirmations from everyone. Should be a good time. Please let me know by tomorrow if you're gonna make it and I'll PM you with my address and all other pertinent info... ;)

Im from North Iowa... Ive gamed at Glencoe 2 times and been to Multimayhem a few times... When/where is your LAN going on? might be interested...

Skids

I'm in Inver Grove Heights, just outside of South St. Paul. If we get enough confirmed, I'll let ya know... ;)

Well crud, I guess I'll extend my decision as to whether to have or cancel the LAN until tomorrow. Of course, anyone who PM'd me can always just post here so I know who plans to make it... ;)

As it stands, we have RJ and two of his buds coming for sure, plus myself and Nate. Still waiting to hear from Jake. Skids, if you're available, let me know as well. Looks like I need to dig up some tables and chairs... :D

Just so everyone knows, party will start at 1pm (you can show up around noon to hook up if ya want) and it'll probably only last till around 8pm. The wife and I have plans early Sunday morning, so it can't run much later (sorry guys). I'm just looking way forward to this though, since the last LAN party I went to (hosted by RJ) was a helluva lot of fun. Games I have are UT, UT2003, UT2004, Quake IV, FEAR and Doom3. Any or all of those will work with me. Heck, just sitting and watching everyone else play and BSing about computers will rock for me. :cool:

wtburnette said:
You planning to be there this weekend Jake?

Yeah I replied.

I have UT99,03,04,CSS,HL2DM,Q3,Q4,D3,Farcry, Desert Combat, Serious Sam 2, Soldier of Fortune 2,

Well, we have a little change. My wife and stepson will be around part of the time. It's no big deal as they've promised to pretty much keep busy and let us do our thing. My stepson is 10 and he's a little gamer too, so I told him he could sit in for a round or two of UT2004 if we find him room. Better yet, I might run a longer cable to the office and just leave him where he usually sits at his desk, while we all play in the living room and kitchen... ;)

Anyway, we're all set. I'm hoping all you guys who confirmed are coming. I'm gonna pick up two 72" folding banquet tables tonight. Pretty sure I can pick them up for around $50 each and then I'll have them for future LANs as well. I figure we'll get at least two each on those in the living room and my kitchen table should be fine for two more. That's all 6 of us. That should give us each plenty of space. Anyway, looking forward to seeing everyone... :D

What the heck happened guys? Jake made it and he and I had a lot of fun playing UT2004 and Quake 4, but no one else showed. Not even a PM or email or anything? C'mon guys... :(

Well, hopefully the next one will be better attended. Jake, thanks for making it, I had a good time. The rest of you guys, well, maybe next time... ;)

Hey guys I live in St.Cloud just a click or 2 up the road. I am a member of a clan elitekillas.com and we have a few member in the TC area and alot more in Cheeseland xspecially in Eau Claire. It would be nice to plan something near there cause we have some peeps in the Windy City area to that would come over for it! We would have to plan something kinda on the larger side but keep it simple maybe a hotel conferience room or something? Sound interested? Maybe

If you can organize it and get some peeps together, let me know. Sounds like it could be fun... ;)

Hey guys, I just found the [H]ard|Forum recently and stumbled across this post. I've never been to a LAN before, but they sound like fun. I live down in Farmington and currently I'm into UT2004, mixed with a bit of Q4.

Numsay

I'm in Hopkins and would be up for a small console get together sometime. I have a 360, xbox, ps2, gc and a 36" HDTV so could host a small gathering at my house if there was interest.

Fahim said:
i'm in minneapolis
u of m campus

So what's your game of choice? At LAN's I like IG CTF UT2004, Quake IV, etc. Haven't tried FEAR or Far Cry multi yet, but I'd like to give them a try as well... ;)

I don't check these forums a whole lot and just noticed I got a PM about this thread (like 2 months ago, lol).

For those of you interested, I do occasionally host a LAN party at the office I work at. There are 6 A64 computers available, and a 16 port gigabit switch with space for more computers. The office is located in Wayzata, right by the Carlson Towers. However, it usually only happens in summer and fall, winter and spring is too busy here (public accounting) to think about gaming. We usually play RTS games like Warcraft and Age, not a whole lot of FPS games unlike most gamers. I'll bookmark this thread and post up when we are getting together for another one. There is also a good group of gamers in Staples, MN that I attend LANs with, they play more FPS games. I'll post again, maybe we will have something in May!

I play the hell out of some BF2, CSS, and Civ4. I have and have played most 'popular' games since like 2000. I would totally be down for an in-town LAN sometime.

I live in Bloomington but have an office in Shakopee (right across the street from Valley Fair, off HWY169 and HWY101) we could use. It would be a BYOPC deal for sure, but we would have a decent connection (dedicated 5mb/5mb) and enough switch room for a decent sized group. Maybe 10-12 PC's.

I'll check back on the thread from time to time, but if anyone organizes something or wants to use my office drop me a PM in case I miss the info here.

-Mike

Stormwalker said:
I don't check these forums a whole lot and just noticed I got a PM about this thread (like 2 months ago, lol).

For those of you interested, I do occasionally host a LAN party at the office I work at. There are 6 A64 computers available, and a 16 port gigabit switch with space for more computers. The office is located in Wayzata, right by the Carlson Towers. However, it usually only happens in summer and fall, winter and spring is too busy here (public accounting) to think about gaming. We usually play RTS games like Warcraft and Age, not a whole lot of FPS games unlike most gamers. I'll bookmark this thread and post up when we are getting together for another one. There is also a good group of gamers in Staples, MN that I attend LANs with, they play more FPS games. I'll post again, maybe we will have something in May!

LOL I work at the Carlson Towers!!

I'd love to go to a LAN...I havent been to one in a long time. I mean I've gone over to a friends house here or there but usually nothing more than 3-4 people. The last true LAN party I attended was years ago in Ohio.

Oh and I mostly just play BF 2 right now. I have CS:S but I dont play it that much.

I noticed that the webpage to rjandsteve's lan party is down. Has this LAN been cancelled?

Standpoint said:
I noticed that the webpage to rjandsteve's lan party is down. Has this LAN been cancelled?

Still on as far as I'm aware. I got an email just the other day confirming... :D

Sorry about the website being down. Our web host was upgrading his dsl service. The Lan Party is still on. :D

Back