Minecraft

The server I am on just bypassed notches server so we can play on a test for now. Have to log in after we join the server.

Without a regular reboot, the server just crashes. Notch doesn't care about memory leaks I think.. Oh well..

The HashLand server is back up. I will also be rebooting the server around 8 - 11AM EST Sunday so that the server doesn't crash mid day on Sunday when most people are at home and not working. I cannot determine when it will crash, but it is somewhere within the 12 - 18 hour mark.. The server just takes a massive shit and dies, and I gotta pooper scooper the bastard back to life..

I'm on vacation as well for those who don't go to my forums, so I am not going to be readily available for the next week or more. I will keep checking the forums and will post there any changes or updates I may add or change.

Cheers

So just logged in....all our stuff is gone?...What did I miss?

There was an update that fucked Hmod badly, so the world we had was not viable because of fire burning. We were protected by World guard. SO we started a new server , with everyone on the same level , no spawning , no magic carpet , only diamonds tools.

Without a regular reboot, the server just crashes. Notch doesn't care about memory leaks I think.. Oh well..

The HashLand server is back up. I will also be rebooting the server around 8 - 11AM EST Sunday so that the server doesn't crash mid day on Sunday when most people are at home and not working. I cannot determine when it will crash, but it is somewhere within the 12 - 18 hour mark.. The server just takes a massive shit and dies, and I gotta pooper scooper the bastard back to life..

I'm on vacation as well for those who don't go to my forums, so I am not going to be readily available for the next week or more. I will keep checking the forums and will post there any changes or updates I may add or change.

Cheers

I haven't had a problem with my server crashing, but the clients are a different story, memory leak crash like every 10 to 15 minutes.

Sneak peak of a little something I've been working on. Long way to go yet, but so far so good. 64x64 tiles. Looks best with draw distance on low.

14brski.jpg

Do creepers dream of exploding sheep?

Tiles in view.
Wood (counter)
Sandstone (columns)
Lightstone (light grate boxes)
Mossy cobblestone (ennis house tile blocks)
Bricks (sandstone bricks, above doorway)
Steel block (with grate)
Halfblock (concrete floor)
Cobblestone (ceiling)

Hell that makes me wonder. Maybe a Wolf3d or even Doom remake in minecraft. Quick google seems to indicate other people are playing with some projects along those lines.

im not sure if this is against the rules, but i do have a 20 slot minecraft server im hosting on a vps, that i would like to share to hard forum members :) you can register and get the ip at http://shrapnellodge.com

it currently is using hmod version 134 and running logblock, worldedit, worldguard and LWC (chest protector) and im using mc my admin on it :)

ip: mc.shrapnellodge.com

Last edited:
I look forward to the day when I check this thread and everything in the Minecraft world is stable and happily moving along for days and weeks without a problem. Then I am going to start playing and begin making the epic dungeon that I always wanted to make and probably get fired for showing up to work late after staying up until 5AM.

I look forward to the day when I check this thread and everything in the Minecraft world is stable and happily moving along for days and weeks without a problem. Then I am going to start playing and begin making the epic dungeon that I always wanted to make and probably get fired for showing up to work late after staying up until 5AM.

That's why I haven't updated mine, been running for over a month without a crash or slow down.

They are making features of world guard that could replace realms for me which will reduce the plugins further.

im not sure if this is against the rules, but i do have a 20 slot minecraft server im hosting on a vps, that i would like to share to hard forum members :) you can register and get the ip at http://shrapenellodge.com

it currently is using hmod version 134 and running logblock, worldedit, worldguard and LWC (chest protector) and im using mc my admin on it :)

ip: mc.shrapnellodge.com

Doesn't inspire confidence if you post here for folks to check it out and then neither http://shrapenellodge.com nor the MC server are actually up. ;)

I just bought this game and have been playing single player exclusively to get some of the intricacies down. I'll have to check out the hashland server, sounds like a good time.

was there lava underneath and you died and lost everything in your inventory?

for all the wool addicts... i made a fully working spider traps that provides string to make wool. I made 3 stacks of wool today
Posted via Mobile Device

That's awesome! I'll check it out tonight! How did you make it only spawn spiders? Just a long thin room?
Posted via Mobile Device

Played MC all day (single-player). Then the plows came by and threw up another 4 feet of snow on the bottom of our driveway. I went out to clear it and broke out last shovel.

Now I have to go mine iron and collect wood.

Played MC all day (single-player). Then the plows came by and threw up another 4 feet of snow on the bottom of our driveway. I went out to clear it and broke out last shovel.

Now I have to go mine iron and collect wood.
It's safer if you start digging from your basement and add lights as you go.

NOTCH LIED.

I got the glue out and stuck two sticks and a rock together.

I have been trying to clear the driveway for hours, this sucks!

dogXchain found a spider spawner. Im abusing it :D

Yeah, the spider spawner kicks ass. Its right below my massive tower mob collector. over 600 torches to light that stupid dungeon/cave system.

The mob collector doesn't work as well as I had hoped. Its production is intermittent, producing a lot sometimes, and nothing other times.

I think the spawn function was changed. I do know that single-level spawn generators are still working well, so I'm going to make a 144x144 single-level mob harvester. Not really sure why, since I have more crap than I know what to do with. Maybe just because I can is reason enough. :D

I have a 19x19 generator that has 11 floors and it's working fine. I saw Maqzzz's mob factory and it only has 1 block of water to transport mobs into the dropper, that's not nearly enough as mobs can easily get out and spiders won't even fall in. My water is 3 blocks wide and delivers mobs to the dropper without fail. I didn't count the drops but there's a steady flow of loot once the factory gets going (takes about 3-5 minutes to start up once I position myself at the collector).

I have a 19x19 generator that has 11 floors and it's working fine. I saw Maqzzz's mob factory and it only has 1 block of water to transport mobs into the dropper, that's not nearly enough as mobs can easily get out and spiders won't even fall in. My water is 3 blocks wide and delivers mobs to the dropper without fail. I didn't count the drops but there's a steady flow of loot once the factory gets going (takes about 3-5 minutes to start up once I position myself at the collector).

I'll have to come take a look at yours, because mine is about 25x25x5 levels. 3 of that 25 is water, but changed it to 2 since 3-wide wasn't working well...and still isn't working that great. It'll take 5-10 minutes to start, and go crazy for an hour, then completely stop for an hour or two, then start again.

From what I've read, tower generators aren't doing the job they used to before the update. I wonder if Notch changed how mobs spawn.

I only ran it once overnight and I couldn't say how many items I collected but I'd guess I had about 5-6 inventory slots left starting without any inventory. My design is basically that the dropper is 3x3, then from there I have 3x8 water in the four directions, then the rest is just spawn space. The spawn space is 3 blocks tall except for where there is water, there are 2 blocks between floors.

It does take a bit to start up but as far as I can tell the drop rate is consistent. Will try it out and see what's what. Also remember that there is a 14(?) block bubble around the player where nothing will spawn.

I don't really have a good comparison to the drop rate before the update since my previous mob factory was completed like the night before the patch was applied.

I only ran it once overnight and I couldn't say how many items I collected but I'd guess I had about 5-6 inventory slots left starting without any inventory. My design is basically that the dropper is 3x3, then from there I have 3x8 water in the four directions, then the rest is just spawn space. The spawn space is 3 blocks tall except for where there is water, there are 2 blocks between floors.

It does take a bit to start up but as far as I can tell the drop rate is consistent. Will try it out and see what's what. Also remember that there is a 14(?) block bubble around the player where nothing will spawn.

I don't really have a good comparison to the drop rate before the update since my previous mob factory was completed like the night before the patch was applied.

Back