Minecraft

Three of us were on (plus hash, as the server). Then the server exploded following an ominous "shit" by hash.

I play on a pretty vanilla server, haven't noticed anything weird after the update.

Minecraft.net is completely haggard and useless and has been for close to 18 hours now.. This has completely RUINED my new world opening as I can't connect to my own server and others can't either.. Or we are crashing every second..

This isn't HashLand's fault... When you login to the client and when you login to a SMP server, it needs to authenticate with the Minecraft.net server.. Notice that is the server you upload your custom skin to?? Well yes, they are all connected and vital to run SMP.

You can play offline single player until the Minecraft.net servers are working properly.. This has been the WORST server outage in months... Terribly frustrating for me as I just started a new world, new server mod (Bukkit), and testing is needed to make sure I don't have to roll back and restart the world again... I already had to once last night...

Yes Greatone, HashLand has permission groups. ALL new players cannot mine or build or do basically anything but look around, and restrictions are even more secure... New players with white names most likely won't even be able to get thru the door. I have it setup like this:

A. - hashmang - Admin - GOD

B. - EVERYONE - VIP - Builders / Miners

C. - New Players - Default - Can't Mine / Build / Limited

I have the list of VIP builders from the old world to the new world. If you had builders access before the new update, you will still have it on the new world.

If anyone is wanting build permission on HashLand, go to the forums, PM me, or log into the server and if I am online, I can do it then. Thanks :)

Isn't there a server.properties switch to turn online authorization off, or am I thinking of the C++ minecraft server that has that essentially allowing you to connect even if minecraft.net didn't authorize you?

verify-names = false

maybe?
Dunno, at work, can't fire up MC to check things out.

Just tried to log in and downloaded an update. Ojax, server reboot time?

EDIT: NM, now cannot beck into Mc.net

Last edited:
Yup I had dinner, came back and couldn't log in.

feelsbad.jpg

Isn't there a server.properties switch to turn online authorization off, or am I thinking of the C++ minecraft server that has that essentially allowing you to connect even if minecraft.net didn't authorize you?

verify-names = false

maybe?
Dunno, at work, can't fire up MC to check things out.

Yes Thuleman, and I will never turn that off.. If you turn off client authorization, ALL hacked clients can now join the server.. I'm not risking that.. Hacked clients aren't the same as ours, and my plugins would be useless.

Minecraft.net is the problem. It is simply buggered in all holes at the moment. Has been for 18 hours or more now... Notch went to bed.. Hopefully later on, early morn for us, it will get better.. or sooner.. who knows with Notch. :p

yea, it totally blows, I was looking forward to continuing my work on my mega castle/town and now I can't :(

Minecraft.net is completely haggard and useless and has been for close to 18 hours now.. This has completely RUINED my new world opening as I can't connect to my own server and others can't either.. Or we are crashing every second..

This isn't HashLand's fault... When you login to the client and when you login to a SMP server, it needs to authenticate with the Minecraft.net server.. Notice that is the server you upload your custom skin to?? Well yes, they are all connected and vital to run SMP.

You can play offline single player until the Minecraft.net servers are working properly.. This has been the WORST server outage in months... Terribly frustrating for me as I just started a new world, new server mod (Bukkit), and testing is needed to make sure I don't have to roll back and restart the world again... I already had to once last night...

Yes Greatone, HashLand has permission groups. ALL new players cannot mine or build or do basically anything but look around, and restrictions are even more secure... New players with white names most likely won't even be able to get thru the door. I have it setup like this:

A. - hashmang - Admin - GOD

B. - EVERYONE - VIP - Builders / Miners

C. - New Players - Default - Can't Mine / Build / Limited

I have the list of VIP builders from the old world to the new world. If you had builders access before the new update, you will still have it on the new world.

If anyone is wanting build permission on HashLand, go to the forums, PM me, or log into the server and if I am online, I can do it then. Thanks :)

yeah, that's how I have it right now too, but I also want to restrict everyone from building or destroying certain areas.

even builder level people, it's a way of protecting structures from each other I guess you could say. Each persons "home" is protected from everyone else no one can build or destroy on it.

I have a "citizen" rank that is above the default but can't build or destroy within city limits, outside of that they can do what they want. I still want them to open doors and stuff just not delete blocks or place them...

My Ranks:

Admin
Officer
Teraformer
Engineer
Citizen
default(guest)

yea, it totally blows, I was looking forward to continuing my work on my mega castle/town and now I can't :(

Oh damn, I was planning on building a castle, I'll need to think of something else.. anyways I had already made one in SP so I'll find another project.

mecastlemain.png

That is a great setup! I do have the ability with Bukkit, Right now, to setup player land plots that are protected by the player, or I can do it for them as admin. Using WorldEdit I believe it can be done easy enough. There is an option to give every player within a certain group or per player, the command to "plot out" their land. Once they create it, they are the owner of that piece of land they selected. (done with cuboid 2 point diagonal selection method)

They can then make it private/public, invite people who have access to their land, setup Welcome and Goodbye messages on the borders. Of course restriction as well, which will dead stop anyone from walking / boating / carting into your land, like an invisible wall. With proper setup, your entire home or chunk of land would be untouchable.

I might still do this later on to protect certain homes and structures for people if they choose to want it. My server already relies on a lot of trust, and the people I give builders access to I trust won't grief each other.. However I still see why some would want to restrict others from homes/areas.

Edit: My first ever double post on [H] :eek:

I feel stupid.. I blame everything but me. :p

Last edited:
I might still do this later on to protect certain homes and structures for people if they choose to want it. My server already relies on a lot of trust, and the people I give builders access to I trust won't grief each other.. However I still see why some would want to restrict others from homes/areas.
On a different server I have seen a bank building. Essentially a building that has vaults for individual players. The rationale was that it was easier for the admin to just do all the protect stuff in one area rather than having to custom do it for players all over the place and then change it when they change their mind on vault location etc., PVP was also turned off within the vicinity of the vault. Maybe worth considering if that makes your time as admin easier.

Working on a dome 128 units in diameter. Started it at 64 units from bedrock, and will end at the build limit.

Really bored waiting for the servers to come back up.

im trying to get on the minecraft website but for some reason wont load. Do you have to pay for minecraft? I want it but im broke

I downloaded the minecraft.exe & created an account. "User not premium" so im assuming you gotta pay :(

Last edited:
im trying to get on the minecraft website but for some reason wont load. Do you have to pay for minecraft? I want it but im broke
The website is currently down because the people who did buy it, about 1 million people, are performing a DDOS attack on the site by just trying to log in (accounts are verified online, a bit like logging into Steam).

It's like $18 now, if you are too broke for that then you can pretend to be a teenage girl on the official Minecraft forums and some pervert will gift you an account, or you can get your life in order such that 18 bucks isn't something you need to think about.

Well Im not going to buy it obviously if im Broke. I was just wondering if it was Free or not. I can wait till i get more funds thats fine. Just sucks that I cant get it now. Im tired of my life right now just saying :)

I watch Coe's YouTube channel (he posts a single player playthrough, as well as some multiplayer stuff). He did a livestream the other day and Notch popped in. The livestream basically turned into a Q&A with Notch and there was some interesting commentary for those who are interested. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6bks8lpDK4 is the recording. Notch joins about 5-10 minutes in.

Also, I just built my new Eyefinity rig and Minecraft works natively without any issues. I'm looking forward to playing a bit when I've got more free time (gross anatomy is kicking my trash :()

Is Hashland the server of somebody [H]ere, or is it just a community server that you guys have migrated to? If so, is there a way to join the server without registering for a forum?

The server crashed yesterday. They are moving to a Amazon Cloud based server. But since it look like it 1 guy doing it, it will take some time.

They were too many people logged at the same time on the old server...

I had connection problems all week prior to that, but now it's just dead..

You can follow the thing here :

http://notch.tumblr.com/

I am slightly annoyed now..... 2 days without being able to play...My interest in what I was building is slowly fading.....

I am slightly annoyed now..... 2 days without being able to play...My interest in what I was building is slowly fading.....

I have been spending that time perfecting a design for Hashland. I'd suggest doing the same :)

Yea, I did mine with little planning, was a bad idea :(, might have to find a way to make it very good or to delete it somehow and start a new one..

Since I was able to sneak in at one point a few of us have just left the client minimized lol, not going to risk not being able to play. We got 1 more train station setup today atleast.

It's like $18 now, if you are too broke for that then you can pretend to be a teenage girl on the official Minecraft forums and some pervert will gift you an account, or you can get your life in order such that 18 bucks isn't something you need to think about.

Man, that sounds like a lot of work...I guess I'll just pretend to be a teenage girl. :D

I've been playing single player, finding a lot of really cool natural formations and building castles and stuff. Hope Hashland comes back soon.

Man, that sounds like a lot of work...I guess I'll just pretend to be a teenage girl. :D

I've been playing single player, finding a lot of really cool natural formations and building castles and stuff. Hope Hashland comes back soon.

If you keep spamming login, you may eventually get in. If you do, hashland is online. Or atleast it was last night.

In case it isn't entirely obvious from the 114 pages in this thread already, yes I run HashLand server... I've been posting 2 - 3 times every page of this thread talking about what I am doing with HashLand server. I people cannot learn for themselves, you will have a tough time playing minecraft online.

Not to sound like an ass or anything, but some questions I get are so stupid, I wonder about intellectual integrity.. MY server spams a MOTD ( Message Of The Day ) that says, type /HELP type /HOME HELP type /WARP HELP and yet all day long I get asked what the new home and warp commands are... Arg...

HashLand is a server of trust. If you don't wanna follow rules, and you want to fuck around, you won't be playing on my server.

In case everyone doesn't want to learn for themselves and have everything spoon fed to them like a drooling baby, YES, Minecraft.net has been down for days now. This is the cause of the login problems and server login issues, as well as Time outs and crashes. This is obvious to anyone that takes 1 minute or less and searches the website. This is out of hands and is NOT my server's problem, unlike some still seem to want to assume.

I'm gone for 10 days on Vacation. I will have laptop and internet and I will be online at nights to reboot the server and / or update if needed. I am not adding anyone new to my server either while I am gone. If you haven't built on my server, you won't until I have a chance to add you.

My server's forum, for those who keep asking and inquiring, is in my sig.. You also have the power to private message me here, if reading back a few pages is too hard...

I'm really going to enjoy my vacation... Just a break from the stupidity of others and the crap from Notch will be nice. lol ;)

phew, at least its not me alone then... its probably, because we all have the update, but the server hasnt yet?

I cannot connect either, no problem, been wanting to read more of my book anyway :)

Back