Minecraft

Hardcraft is pretty well gone, the world is still safe, but I took it down when beta released and with all the bugs I can't imagine it running very well. if at some point things get more back to normal I can turn it back on again.

Hardcraft is pretty well gone, the world is still safe, but I took it down when beta released and with all the bugs I can't imagine it running very well. if at some point things get more back to normal I can turn it back on again.

:)

good

If we are doing another lighthouse I already called dibs on it :p

Zexx (not vexx lol)

ok seriously though, pirate/corsair bays both need help on utilities and public works.

I want to finish the sewer under the boardwalks. Right now the majority is dug out, but I would like to lay down some better blocks that look a little better for the floors and walls.

stone and brick then? brick may be a bit difficult without spawning items

I think I am going to /ragequit multiplayer Minecraft till either the C++ project comes up with a fully functional version (I may even browse through that code and see whether there's anything I can do to help them out) or Notch releases a new version.

I just can't deal with the lag, it's infuriating to me. I died a bunch of times today because I was smashing the mobs and they would take zero damage while I would take the damage they deal. I died to mobs I couldn't even when I tried to recover my stuff because the server didn't send the info to render them to the client or whatever. I couldn't open chests/craft. It was an utter disaster as far as my gaming experience goes.

ojax, thanks for all you are doing to keep Hashland running. I will definitely be back but right now I just feel too much rage that the server performance is so poor with just 6 people online even though the server itself appears to have ample resources.

Here's some more stuff from the MC forum on what can be done to test the performance of the VPS to nail down whether it's the VPS or the buggy server that's mainly to blame:

You can try checking to see if there's an issue with disk write speed.

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
If this is low, it's not good.

You can also check to see what percentage of processes are waiting on read/write operations by running: iostat and looking at iowait. You may have to install the sysstat package for this. The higher the iowait the worse. Ideally it should be very low.

If we are doing another lighthouse I already called dibs on it :p

Zexx (not vexx lol)

Lol, my bad. I had Zexx first, but changed it at the last second!

And good, just do a pirate themed lighthouse this time!!! ;)

HashLand is Down.

Updating to HMod Build 133. Will post here when its back up and running, hopefully smoother? :p

Edit: Server is back up! I forgot about WorldGuard the first load, so my blacksmith shop caught fire, and so did dudewth's castle near beach house lol.. I'm fixing it though :D Hopefully, its running a bit smoother.. maybe.. :p

Last edited:
So I'm getting a lovely error now...

A user will log in, but if he goes anywhere else other than the preloaded chunk he will fall to his death and the server will throw a server exception + crash.

Heh.

So I'm getting a lovely error now...
A user will log in, but if he goes anywhere else other than the preloaded chunk he will fall to his death and the server will throw a server exception + crash.
Heh.

No crash, but the server I'm playing on is having this issue too with just random chunks (like 85% load fine, but randomly you'll be walking along and a massive section of the world will be missing...)

No crash, but the server I'm playing on is having this issue too with just random chunks (like 85% load fine, but randomly you'll be walking along and a massive section of the world will be missing...)

Yup, my server is plagued with pillars or unloaded chunks, and huge missing areas of world... It is probably the worst bug I've seen involving the world generation. Not even Alpha had such an obvious, detrimental bug.

Looks minecraft.net exploded. Crashed and now I can't connect; website is also down.

EDIT: It's back up

EDIT2: Back down. The minecraft.net server being wonky coupled with the frequent crashes is making it nearly impossible to play.

Last edited:
hehe... Welcome Alice! Sit Down, Sit Down!! Have Some Tea?! TTEEAA????!?!??!
AHAHAHAHahhahaahHAAhHHahlAoalAOlaoaol
Ahem.. Yah Minecraft is kinda like that atm.. :D

ATM??? It's ALWAYS like that! lol (but we all still love it ;) )

To change gears, I've been playing with the 'mo creatures mod. The added mobs plus rideable houses give me a serious boner.

I'm going to ignore the last part of that post... and ask, rideable houses???

Hey guys....finished my BIG project last night.....The Hedge Maze...Its HUGE and way out on the map...come check it out.
/warp hedgemaze

5308942511_0128c25aa5.jpg

Just ran through it to make sure it all connects from start to finish....took a while but it does all connect...if you follow the right path...

Hey guys....finished my BIG project last night.....The Hedge Maze...Its HUGE and way out on the map...come check it out.
/warp hedgemaze

5308942511_0128c25aa5.jpg

harsaphes the maze is incredible! It took me forever to finally get to the goal! I started to lose grip on sanity at a few points, and warped out the first time after getting frustrated and kooky.. I almost ended up drooling in the fetal position.. Really Creepy and scary at night, and for me too freaky.

It is an incredible maze, and looks amazing from above or on your mini map. =)

Pirate Cove Sewage Works is now 95% finished.

If anyone wants to check it out before its filled with water and lighting placed in the right spots, the main entrance is in the rear foundation of my house.

Screenshots of Hashland!

Overview of the Pirate Cove

The sewers under Pirate Cove!

Another sewer shot

Third sewer shot

Entrance to Corsair Bay

Admin offices (they do dirty things here!)

arr4ws' church in the public works area of Corsair Bay

Overview of Corsair Bay, as seen from the public works area

The bar...

It's a rough place.

The local drunk

Entrance to Harsaphes' maze

In the maze...

I see the finish!

I get extremely lucky and manage to get to the finish in about a minute and some seconds.

Hash's roller coaster

Zig's Wall (to forever)

Another section of the wall

Another, super long section of the wall. I am as high as I can go in this screenie, render on far. To give you an impression of how massive this thing is, I found it impossible to see the entirety of that side's length in one view - one corner will begin to fade from view before you see the other corner.

Modred's Skypalooza

A giant's bong

The huge Hashmart sign

Zexx's Tower

Landscape, featuring Toad

Sandlol by Harsaphes

The inside of the "FOOD" building in Pirate Cove

Last edited:
thanks for all the picture Desk. Just show how much hashland is getting interesting. Corsair bay was just started 4 days ago.

Look at it now!

thanks for all the picture Desk. Just show how much hashland is getting interesting. Corsair bay was just started 4 days ago.

Look at it now!

I can't keep up! Every time I log in, it seems like there's a new major addition! Even with spawning, I have no idea how some of you do it! lol.

edit: I've added onto the Pirate Cove Sewers. They are now making their way to Corsair Bay.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought this would anger a few of you nicely. ;) notch had this to say on twitter.

@Foxboron I'm on a one week vacation. I make games in my free time. :D
about 17 hours ago+in reply to Foxboron

the dude can take some time off. But i really hope for a fix to all the new bugs quickly

Oh I agree. Everyone deserves sometime off. It was the free time comment I thought a bit... upsetting I guess.

Back