Minecraft

Only problem with mobs is, you can ruin other people's work by huddling in their structures. It's fun for awhile, but it's a good way to piss a lot of people off to where they won't want to build anything new because npcs will destroy it specifically the creepers......those things blow up the wrong wall in a place can flood it or lava it and burn it down.

Been a hell of a day

Server Updated, Hey0 126 installed, and its up and running!!

Animals - True
Monsters - False

Happy Thanksgiving everyone (or just have a good Thursday to everyone outside the U.S.)

Stock up on meats from piggies... that initial fall sucks.

Edit: Seems that monsters are enabled... even tho it's set to false in the server properties... World is backed up as of now and well see if anyone else has this issue and how to combat it.

I need to crash tho... long day @ work and I'm beat.

After testing it...

Have your weapons and armor ready... this is going to be us vs them for a good while.

And Creepers are SILENT...

They don't kill you

But blow the fuck out of everything around you.

After testing it...

Have your weapons and armor ready... this is going to be us vs them for a good while.

And Creepers are SILENT...

They don't kill you

But blow the fuck out of everything around you.

Anybody who spawns up in the arch is gonna get completely mobbed, it's like one big orgy of ghouls up there, blowing goddamn viewing holes in the floor.

A creeper ninajed me @ the spawn area with the random chests and took everything out. Managed to pick the stuff up since I was completely empty, but these silent creepers are ridiculous.

Anybody who spawns up in the arch is gonna get completely mobbed, it's like one big orgy of ghouls up there, blowing goddamn viewing holes in the floor.

A creeper ninajed me @ the spawn area with the random chests and took everything out. Managed to pick the stuff up since I was completely empty, but these silent creepers are ridiculous.

I fended off the beasties, patched some of the holes, and added some torches. I can only work on the outer edge of the arch due to the middle being a non-building section or something.

I can log in but I appear underground and die right away. command /home does not take me home but in an underground crawl space. I cannot command home. Also we can die now?.....If i respawn Im stuck up in clouds somewhere, the only way out is to /spawn, which takes me to the spawn area but there is no way out of it?...if i drop through the hole in the wall I die.
Not fun at the moment.

Ok. Unplayable for me right now.
I cant /home
command /respawn takes me to the top of a tower where if i jump off i die...and respawn in the clouds. So basicly stuck in a loop of dieing respawning...sucks.

I fended off the beasties, patched some of the holes, and added some torches. I can only work on the outer edge of the arch due to the middle being a non-building section or something.

Thanks - yeah, the non-build zone is something like 16 blocks around spawn.

should have never let anyone build over the spawn, it's basically a death trap now

The spawn used to be in that little sand enclosure under the arch.

well the spawn area now is a tower with no way down. The door is glitched so you cant get down. Hash helped me set a warp point to my house so at least now i can get home, but i keep dying and its a pain in the ass. Spiders give damage during the day now?...uggg

sorry but i cant even get out without dieing.

i will not play until fixed.

my home move all the time depending on where im building. I have a warp to my home

Spawned in my home spot and died instantly. Respawned somewhere completely black (just a hint of light - enough to see my hand and tell that I am moving). Was able to /home successfully, and recover my stuff. Works fine now.

arr4ws, can you log on and have somebody teleport you to them?

Well heres a new one for me....I died, respawned and my inventory was invisible....I had to run around the area where i thought it would be and see if could pick anything up.

If u recall when u spawn initially ur falling until the land renders. Before they patched you made an ugh noise. Now you did instead.

Spawned in my home spot and died instantly. Respawned somewhere completely black (just a hint of light - enough to see my hand and tell that I am moving). Was able to /home successfully, and recover my stuff. Works fine now.

arr4ws, can you log on and have somebody teleport you to them?

still need me?

Not trying to sound stupid, but what's the point of this anyway? Digging and building? I toyed with the single player browser version, but it wasn't much of anything. I must be missing something about the gameplay. Someone want to elaborate?

"The Word of Notch"

There were some pretty severe bugs with players respawning, which I’ve spent most of the day today fixing. I’ve solved a lot of them, but I noticed that the respawning player can still fail to see other players in the spawn area under some circumstances.

Instead of delaying the bug fix update until tomorrow, I decided to release what I’ve done so far now today. I’ll fix the remainder tomorrow, and also work on a few more bugs I’ve gotten told about (thank you very much for the organized lists!).

The server has been updated to 0.2.5_01, but it’s not a mandatory update.
The client will auto-update to 1.2.3_02

Speaking of which, I will make the client updater ask the player before applying new updates. Automatic forced updates are scary, and they were only in because they were convenient and I never thought about it.

Speaking of which, I will make the client updater ask the player before applying new updates. Automatic forced updates are scary, and they were only in because they were convenient and I never thought about it.

exactly what i said

Ok guys the SMP patch has caused some problems:

Invisible players: You might see construction by invisible players. It's because when you die and respawn you are now invisible. Sounds fun for griefing, but just realize whenever you die the next time you spawn you are now invisible. To fix it, you must disconnect and reconnect.

Silent Creepers: Just like Kid Cudi said, "A silent creeper you won't hear a peep, peep"

You are in a weird place when you respawn: When I die, I go into this realm filled with furnaces. You need to press t, then /home to warp to your home. If your home is in a bad spot, reset it by walking to a location you like, and pressing t, then /sethome.

I've also read that if you have your chat window open and you die, it is unrecoverable until the server admin deletes your player.dat file. Just be careful.

Make sure to note where you are dead when you log in, or you lose all your stuff.

Deleted and reinstalled minecraft. When I go to log in muliplayer Im getting a "timed out" error.
Ideas?

Last edited:
I can't login.. Timed out on the server, and now I time out trying to connect..
Must have crashed?

hars, lemme explain what to do while I have the chance to install the texture pack.

1. Delete your entire minecraft folder, and redownload it again
2. login and start a world in singleplayer, close it, then close the entire program.
3. Run mcpatcher1.1.9 ( the newest ) and now listen to what happens..
4. The top fields are already filled.. Don't touch those.. The Original and Output fields.
5. Under Tile Select, select 64x64. DO NOT USE THE TEXTURE PACK SELECTION BOX RIGHT ABOVE.
6. Make SURE Custom Water and Custom Lava are DESELECTED... Then click patch

7. Close everything.
8. Open the file " minecraft.jar " under /bin folder with winRAR... Ignore the other ones, look for minecraft.jar file.. There is only one...Spelled just like that.
9. Now open Misa's texture pack which is a .RAR file, so it also uses winRAR.
10. Copy EVERYTHING from Misa's .rar file, INTO minecraft.jar ... use the option to "add and replace "

That will install Misa's texture pack, you can play now.

If you want to install MMods Ambient Occlusion and Simplemap mod, Follow below, exactly after step 10 above.

11. Copy the contents of MMods .zip file into the minecraft folder.. Not the /bin folder
12. Run the patcher .jar file using java.. Not Winrar.. Right click, "open with" will have java listed as a program.
13. In this updater, top field is filled, next field needs a file path.. You select the 'minecraft.jar" file.. When it asks to overwrite this file, click yes.
14. Select the options you want to install.. Ex. Ambient Occlusion..Simplemap..SMChat..Better Grass... I usually leave Better grass deselected.. Your choice. Select SMChat.. Don't skip it
15. Click patch.
16 Close everything.

Now both the texture pack, and the AO and Simplemap mods are installed. If you don't know what the AO and Simplemap mods are, follow the directions to step 10 only.

Hope that works! =)

Not trying to sound stupid, but what's the point of this anyway? Digging and building? I toyed with the single player browser version, but it wasn't much of anything. I must be missing something about the gameplay. Someone want to elaborate?

You played the free single player version off the website? The difference between the "free" Minecraft and the one you pay for are quite different.

The free version is called Minecraft Creative.. And it just give you unlimited blocks all of all kinds you can build with, and digging is instant and you use your hands.. That is all the depth of the free creative version.

The one you pay for, is an actual survival game. You start with nothing in a generated world.. that is HUGE. You must mine, ( or dig ) for dirt, wood, stone, coal, gold, diamond, iron, redstone etc ... Each type of "ore" you find, or block hidden in the ground in the world created is used for crafting.

You craft tools like picks for mining hard stone, shovels for digging thru dirt, sand, gravel.. Axes for chopping down trees.. And Hoes for preparing dirt blocks to plant seeds on. You have health, an inventory, and hotbar... Unlike EVERYTHING in the free version.

There is night and day, so at night, monsters come out and roam the world.. You need to build a house/cabin/treehouse/cave/fortress/castle/Evil Fucking Lair From Hell or whatever to use as cover at night.

You can create swords, armor and bows and arrows to fight and attack the monsters. There are also chickens, cows, and pigs that can be used for food, leather, and eggs.
The idea is it is Survival Minecraft.. Everything you build essentially, you had to mine out of the ground and then smelt to create tools and blocks for building.

You can create doors, switches, levers, pressure plates, Mine carts with mine cart tracks, small boats to travel on water, as well as a bunch of cool machines that do things like setup a factory that gives you free stone blocks when you add flowing water with flowing lava.. You can use buckets to pick up lava and water and then create your own flows and falls..

The game you pay for is almost entirely different than the free version besides the graphics.. The free version is utter shit compared to the complexity and amount of cool things that can be done in the alpha version, the one you pay for.

Hope that explains things a little better... If not.. Watch this tutorial video series, and you will see exactly how different the alpha version is compared to the free version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VWnQHS-ffs

When worlds are created with massive structures, and walkways, and boat canals, and glass towers, and underground subways, and towns and cities, ALL from resources you had to gather from mining the world around you... You realize this is the ultimate sandbox game where what you build, and how you defend it against monsters is entirely up to you!

Wanna build a Fortress in the sky? Go for it. Wanna build an underground bunker? Go for it.. Wanna build early century stone castle with a moat and lava pits? Go for it! The ideas for building structures are only as limited as your imagination.. It is like designing and landscaping your world in The Sims or Sim City, but you are doing it block by block in first person with materials you had to gather from the world around you. Intrigued yet? :D

Disregarding texture pack i still cant log in to the server on another rig...timed out error

You played the free single player version off the website? The difference between the "free" Minecraft and the one you pay for are quite different.

The free version is called Minecraft Creative.. And it just give you unlimited blocks all of all kinds you can build with, and digging is instant and you use your hands.. That is all the depth of the free creative version.

The one you pay for, is an actual survival game. You start with nothing in a generated world.. that is HUGE. You must mine, ( or dig ) for dirt, wood, stone, coal, gold, diamond, iron, redstone etc ... Each type of "ore" you find, or block hidden in the ground in the world created is used for crafting.

You craft tools like picks for mining hard stone, shovels for digging thru dirt, sand, gravel.. Axes for chopping down trees.. And Hoes for preparing dirt blocks to plant seeds on. You have health, an inventory, and hotbar... Unlike EVERYTHING in the free version.

There is night and day, so at night, monsters come out and roam the world.. You need to build a house/cabin/treehouse/cave/fortress/castle/Evil Fucking Lair From Hell or whatever to use as cover at night.

You can create swords, armor and bows and arrows to fight and attack the monsters. There are also chickens, cows, and pigs that can be used for food, leather, and eggs.
The idea is it is Survival Minecraft.. Everything you build essentially, you had to mine out of the ground and then smelt to create tools and blocks for building.

You can create doors, switches, levers, pressure plates, Mine carts with mine cart tracks, small boats to travel on water, as well as a bunch of cool machines that do things like setup a factory that gives you free stone blocks when you add flowing water with flowing lava.. You can use buckets to pick up lava and water and then create your own flows and falls..

The game you pay for is almost entirely different than the free version besides the graphics.. The free version is utter shit compared to the complexity and amount of cool things that can be done in the alpha version, the one you pay for.

Hope that explains things a little better... If not.. Watch this tutorial video series, and you will see exactly how different the alpha version is compared to the free version.

When worlds are created with massive structures, and walkways, and boat canals, and glass towers, and underground subways, and towns and cities, ALL from resources you had to gather from mining the world around you... You realize this is the ultimate sandbox game where what you build, and how you defend it against monsters is entirely up to you!

Wanna build a Fortress in the sky? Go for it. Wanna build an underground bunker? Go for it.. Wanna build early century stone castle with a moat and lava pits? Go for it! The ideas for building structures are only as limited as your imagination.. It is like designing and landscaping your world in The Sims or Sim City, but you are doing it block by block in first person with materials you had to gather from the world around you. Intrigued yet? :D

Barring all of this, you can ride a fucking pig with saddles.

thats really all thats important.

Ahh. Now that sounds interesting. Much better than what I tried. Thanks.

How much does it go for?

Last edited:
Ahh. Now that sounds interesting. Much better than what I tried. Thanks.

How much does it go for?

I think the price was 9.99 Euros? Around 9 euros.. Which for me in Canadian was just under 15 bucks.. This one time price will gets you the alpha and every update and release from then on, as apparently the price will go up once it hits beta, or sooner..

Single player works.. Very few issues that are noticeable.. However we are all playing SMP on the Hard server.. SMP = Survival Multi Player.. SMP is really buggy, problematic and doesn't have all the features single player has. For instance damage was just introduced to multiplayer yesterday... It created lots of bugs, deaths, and grief hehe...

You cannot go wrong on the price.. You will use up that 10 Euros the first time you sit down to play.. As many, like myself, found it hard to tear yourself away from.. Your creative mind, brain storming processor in your head goes into double time.. Ideas ravage your thoughts like a Drunken sailor in a foreign whorehouse.. Only reason multiplayer is so much more intriguing than single player, is that everything you create and influence in the world, others can see, and experience.. Also chatting, building and mining together etc, the community aspect.. Is just awesome, even at its alpha stage.

So the server has been down for 6 hours or so now.. Any word on whats going on? Sul? Greatone? :p

Im looking for a remote desktop app for my phone so I can check on it.

Cool found one. Restarted the server.

Last edited:
I just downloaded a patch... Gonna go check. :p

I did download a patch.. I can still join the server though.

Edit: My character hashmang is bugged on the server.. I can't pick anything up, yet I can destroy stuff.. harsaphes downloaded the patch too but he can play like normal... I reinstalled the client 3 times already, deleting the entire .minecraft folder everytime... :p

Dunno what happened to me, but perhaps I am bugged on the server somehow? Just giving mods a heads up on that... I can't do anything until its fixed, but I will keep trying to see if it goes away or whatever. hehe

Edit2: Works again.. But I keep crashing even worse than I ever have since I owned this game.. Oh well.. :p

Last edited:
Back