Minecraft

What are you guys using for texture packs? I was using Brown & Bloom, but it's really screwed up in 1.22.

Exactly what I am using.. This texture pack is what I designed my entire place using.. I've tried every major texture pack out there, and nothing comes close to giving Minecraft a real nice visual overhaul. The stone textures are awesome, especially smooth stone, Clay blocks are bright and vibrant, and the purple-black marble color of Obsidian can't be matched.

Not to mention the AO mod that has a minimap addon which is priceless to me. Setting up build areas, or wanting know where you are mining in relation to the surface, its become very useful to me. :)

I would like to petition for longer day light on the server. Seems most people are mining so arent affected by the light/dark cycle. For those of us who are working top side it would be a huge difference.
Thankyou

If there were some way to keep the sun out longer I'd do it...

I haven't seen or heard of anyway to do that tho.

current map size is 48618 x 20474 and is over 100MBs in size

I have to find a program I can use to crop the image down in sections or something... I wouldn't know how to host this lol

when im on im reseting the time ... if not use proper lighting , torch arent that hard to install/remove !

Damn, with the way Minecraft saves levels, that World has to be like a million-billion files at this point.
I bet defragging it would do wonders for performance, if it was fragged at all.

well I cropped the image to get atleast the main areas, none of the really really long exploration paths, got it down to 28MB, I still can't find a free host that will allow that file size

With Dropbox you can setup a public folder and just link it. People can then view the image without downloading it.

If there were some way to keep the sun out longer I'd do it...

I haven't seen or heard of anyway to do that tho.

If RuneCraft is installed on the server you can make a chrono trigger... made one on my old server... has to be way up in the clouds though

this map is HUGE... cant seems to find my place...

where is waldo anyone?

Got about 1/3 done, lost 3% battery life and errored out. Guess I'll wait til I get on a computer.

Got about 1/3 done, lost 3% battery life and errored out. Guess I'll wait til I get on a computer.

Yeah, even then, it's certainly no easy task to view...what with it being 22176x11136 and all.

Can we see one at night too? I like searching the night shots for torches and other light sources :D

I have to find a program I can use to crop the image down in sections or something... I wouldn't know how to host this lol

Use drop box and put it in the public folder.
Right click the image>Dropbox>copy public link
Post teh copied link here. once the File uploads to Dropbox, we can all dl it, with no effect on your server. Plus, updating it is easy. Just save a new image with the same name.

Use drop box and put it in the public folder.
Right click the image>Dropbox>copy public link
Post teh copied link here. once the File uploads to Dropbox, we can all dl it, with no effect on your server. Plus, updating it is easy. Just save a new image with the same name.

Cept DropBox public files like that go overlimit real quick.
You are better off using megaupload or something like that.

Cept DropBox public files like that go overlimit real quick.
You are better off using megaupload or something like that.

Really? I did not realize there was a bandwidth limit. I suppose that big of a file would. NM then.

Yup, same for me. I think that setup is just about perfect and I wouldn't go any higher res. I haven't seen any texture packs over 64x64 that look "right" in Minecraft.

From many of the screenshots I've seen of people using texture packs, it seems the higher res textures have much more noticeable tiling of the textures, not to mention there doesn't seem to be any kind of LOD for textures or AF.

A4rrows, where is Explo1on the map?

Arr4ws!

explo1 is now arr4wsfortress wich is... wait... left side , there is a big desert , just left of it. You can see my little fortress on top and my track runing around the area.

Last edited:
my personal server's running OK, we've stretched the map a bit (about 7000 x 7000 blocks explored).

We switched up from Carto to c10t for our daily map runs, MUCH better. c10t rotates correctly, so North is North. I never realized how helpful a map that actually jives with the world is!

Recent projects have included the Commuter Rail system (5000 cubes long!), upgraded to Minecart Mania mod, added a Tree Rollercoaster, a Pentagram of Fire (120 cubes diameter), threw in a Big Skull (50 cubes tall), and a few other things. Lost a forest to an accidental fire.

This game just keeps getting more and more awesome. I am looking forward to the next patch!

Anybody got any tips on how to increase my FPS in game? For some reason, the rig in my signature is running the game at around 45fps outdoors. I assume this is either a java issue or the nightmare that has been the 6870 drivers. Thoughts?

Set graphics to "FAST" instead of "FANCY"

I shouldn't have to do that though. I don't know how a 6870 and a quad core can't run this thing over 200fps.

Tried to join Sul's server, keep getting this result "Connection refused: connect." Can I not join MP if I have mods installed or is that something else?

I shouldn't have to do that though. I don't know how a 6870 and a quad core can't run this thing over 200fps.

Tried to join Sul's server, keep getting this result "Connection refused: connect." Can I not join MP if I have mods installed or is that something else?

hardcraft.dyndns.org

Back